The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon. All are welcome!

Be interested to hear about this procedure. I have very advanced spinal stenosis and some disc issues.

Manage it right now by stretching and occasionally some thc.
Generally, the more you can do with stretching and PT exercises, the better it is for your back. The longer one can put off back surgery, the better, in general. That said, spinal stenosis surgery is fairly routine. Many orthos use robot assisted surgery now with much better outcomes.

Last edited:
I drove from north Carolina to Nevada in 3.5 days..... I wouldn't do that again.... but at the time it was quite the adventure

In 2000, Mom and I drove cross-country. Twenty states, 7000 miles, 13 days. There were a couple of no-drive days, but is was basically 600 miles per day. Glad I did it. I might consider riding the road bike on something like that in the future, but that's more like 500 day max.

I don't know - we'll see. It's not here yet.

Safe travels. I much prefer driving over flying. Being a piece is self-sorting cargo is not my idea of a good trip.

I absolutely loath flying. Thank you, TSA, for that. I don't like the tin-can feeling in an airplane, either. That said, I can stow carry-on like a boss.

In 2000, Mom and I drove cross-country. Twenty states, 7000 miles, 13 days. There were a couple of no-drive days, but is was basically 600 miles per day. Glad I did it. I might consider riding the road bike on something like that in the future, but that's more like 500 day max.

I don't know - we'll see. It's not here yet.

I absolutely loath flying. Thank you, TSA, for that. I don't like the tin-can feeling in an airplane, either. That said, I can stow carry-on like a boss.
My last two trips to the coast I decided to fly, now I'm hooked. Give me an hour and a half in the air rather than 12 to 14 hours on the road any day.

My last two trips to the coast I decided to fly, now I'm hooked. Give me an hour and a half in the air rather than 12 to 14 hours on the road any day.

I agree in theory. It's all the other time-wasting crap dealing with the airports and the airport goofs and fellow sheep/cattle/passengers. Driving, it's almost like I'm in control - except for semis.

Fly versus drive- if I can drive it in 6 hours or less, I drive. Otherwise I fly. Of course I seldom fly these days.

I am going to Yellowstone this summer. I plan to fly and then rent a car. But, the cost makes me wonder about driving there.

Sounds like a great day.

I always liked the tigers. (Altho I’m embarrassed to say I’m a Mets fan.)

background M68
A little different than stenosis
I have 3 bulging disks and had a nerve ablation on them last November the stabbing pain down my leg is 100% gone.
The other lower back pain went from a 6-7 to a 2-3 constantly its worse in the morning getting up. and standing is still an issue my time limit is to load or unload the dish washer pick one or take a brake.
I tried physical therapy for 2 months didn't help, started aquaerobics at the Y that seems to be helping better than the therapy did.
Thank you for replying. I hope you get further relief.

Fly versus drive- if I can drive it in 6 hours or less, I drive. Otherwise I fly. Of course I seldom fly these days.

I am going to Yellowstone this summer. I plan to fly and then rent a car. But, the cost makes me wonder about driving there.
I agree, 6 hours or less and it's not worth flying. Also if you have to rent a car on the other side, especially for a lengthy stay, that will usually tip the scales in favour of driving.

I was just in Jackson Hole last week (Grand Teton NP), we saw 5 moose, 1 coyote, a deer, and about 1000 head of elk (The elk preserve in Jackson). That area of the country is absolutely stunning. You’re going to have a wonderful time! Take lots of pics for us!

My son had an opportunity to work for the Rays as a batboy when he was in university. They live there, so we kinda tend to favor them as far as one can favor America's Favorite Passtime.

f08268b8359c50b4cc3084da557d88fe.jpg

Years ago, I met the cigarette sales girl from a notorious bar. She was drunk in another bar that night.

She was drunk - I was sober.

She put her tongue in my ear and told me to take her home 30 seconds after meeting her.

A mind is a terrible thing when wasted . . . .

I agree, 6 hours or less and it's not worth flying. Also if you have to rent a car on the other side, especially for a lengthy stay, that will usually tip the scales in favour of driving.
My wife and I live on the east coast but still have our house in California that we visit a few times a year. Sometimes we go separately but when we go together, we drive, mainly because we take our dog. Also because renting a car out there for an extended period of time is expensive.

The 5 day (4 night) drive is pleasant. Mostly I-40, including the old Route 66. We stay at the same dog friendly Best Westerns along the way and I’ve gotten to know the desk clerks at each of them. Our road dog loves it and has racked up about 30,000 miles on him so far.

Back