Thanks, Biden!!!

Biden administration restores LGBTQ+ healthcare protections that trump dismantled. Should have been done sooner, but he has been very busy cleaning up the trump clusterfuckery

The Biden administration announced Friday it is reinstating federal protections for LGBTQ+ people seeking health care that had been unraveled during the Trump administration.
Under sweeping rules finalized Friday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, government health officials, organizations receiving federal health funding and health insurers that do business through government plans must abide by the nondiscrimination standards. Officials stress the rules are about prohibiting discrimination against patients rather than compelling providers to perform procedures.
The rule focuses on Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, which bans health care providers from discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, age and disability in health programs that receive federal funding. HHS can enforce strict penalties against organizations and workers that the agency concludes broke the law — ranging from requiring additional training to kicking offenders out of federal programs. Federal officials say the rules preserve religious exemptions.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...&cvid=513e120d0c7d49e2c410abe90175b3b5&ei=118

The FTC just banned non-compete agreement in contracts, which is a huge win for workers. Thanks, Biden!
I actually don't agree with that. Non Compete or non Disclosure clauses have a purpose. I have had several contracts with them embedded. However they all would sunset after an agreed upon time after exiting the contract.

It's where there is not an agreed upon period of time (open ended) that I would say they are a problem.

I actually don't agree with that. Non Compete or non Disclosure clauses have a purpose. I have had several contracts with them embedded. However they all would sunset after an agreed upon time after exiting the contract.

It's where there is not an agreed upon period of time (open ended) that I would say they are a problem.
Companies can still protect their trade secrets by having key employees sign NDAs or confidentiality agreements.

Companies can still protect their trade secrets by having key employees sign NDAs or confidentiality agreements.
Non Compete clauses are when a person leaves the employment, and enters employment with a direct competitor. They are not the same as an NDA or Confidentiality contracts. Most times, both are included in the employment contract. I also fail to see the difference if the NDA is conjoined in the contract, or a separate article. I will also mention I'm not clear on what the rules were, and are now that you were referencing in your post.

If for example, the old rules were a company could enforce both, as a general term of employment, and now the law states they have to be either named, or added as separate contracts, then I can see an improvement for workers, with little to no detraction to the employer.

Back