Story Sent Back due to AI?

this was going to make their lives as writers SO much easier because the algorithm could write the “boring” bits for them as filler and then they could just add the sex.
But the great thing about erotica is that if you think the non-sex bits are boring you can just leave them out entirely and write a stroker. It will probably score better here anyway.

I had my first AI rejection yesterday. It's my second (and still unpublished) 750-word story. The story is culled down from much larger text, which is unfinished at this point. If the rework I did yesterday is still rejected, I won't try again to make it work. I'll simply finish the longer work and put it up for sale. I may or may not try to publish the longer work here after its fizzle has finished on sales sites. Fizzle sizzle, whichever you want to call it.

The difficulty of getting a 750-word story to work in the limitations of an event doesn't lend itself to reworks!

Seems to be, yes--as my prior posting indicated. If this happened/happens to me at my current posting history, I'd stop posting stories to the site.
I’m at 22 rejections for AI thus far. I am on the verge of giving up too.

It’s hideously demoralising to get no response to PMs, the same rejection issue quoted without any steer as to why, and no real effort made it seems to clarify it from the forum owners.

I didn’t think my writing was that bad - looking at some of the published stories over the last day, I feel strongly that there’s something else going on here.

Okay, I posted a thread in the Tech Support forum as a place to collect any AI rejection stories and have them in one place. Please check it out and add your story to the list.
Just done it. Was good to vent actually. Thanks for putting your head above the parapet.

The question is, do I remove the offending line from the pre-story matter and hope they post it, or just pull it out of the queue.

The question is, do I remove the offending line from the pre-story matter and hope they post it, or just pull it out of the queue.
I think it’s really harsh tbh. Particularly if the larger work hasn’t actually been published!

Well, I thought I'd head off the complaints that it wasn't long enough. Turns out, not so smart to do it. It is a complete story. Most individual scenes are, so long as they don't require knowledge of what happened before to tell the story contained in those words.
I think it’s really harsh tbh. Particularly if the larger work hasn’t actually been published!

To be clear, the first rejection didn't have the line from the pre-story in it as the reason. Or if it did, I missed it. It seems all story rejections now contain the line it may be for AI and the explanation about Grammarly replacing your work.

Right, attempt number 5. I'm not holding my breath, but I did make some decent changes so we'll see.
Good luck. I am going to make an edit one last time to the next story that gets rejected, then I will review if I keep trying.

My new story went through overnight and will be active tomorrow. Of course, my rejection the other day wasn't for suspicions of AI! It was because it was a 750 story and promised longer work on it in the future. This will have a longer treatment in the future, but not telling that in pre story part.

My new story went through overnight and will be active tomorrow. Of course, my rejection the other day wasn't for suspicions of AI! It was because it was a 750 story and promised longer work on it in the future. This will have a longer treatment in the future, but not telling that in pre story part.
Glad to hear that. I must check it out.

Well, it wasn't what I wanted and may not even make sense now. But hopefully, when the full deal is done, it will become so much clearer. Anyway, I hope you like what's there when it is there to read.

Right, attempt number 5. I'm not holding my breath, but I did make some decent changes so we'll see.
Out of interest, how long is it taking to get a rejection for you? I am now up to five days for the story resubmitted first in this last round.

Usually a week between each rejection. It's been that way since I had my first AI Rejection way back in October. My most recent one took 6 days, though
Thanks, I guess I will wait another day or so then.

The amount of time lost to trying to get a story through is so frustrating.

Well, it wasn't what I wanted and may not even make sense now. But hopefully, when the full deal is done, it will become so much clearer. Anyway, I hope you like what's there when it is there to read.
Forgot to say, please post the link here so we can support you by way of reading it :)

That goes for you too Portly Penguin!

Question for those who tweaked their story and resubmitted. How do you even decide what to change prior to resubmitting? I don't know what the scans are looking for, so it would be like throwing darts in the dark for me.

Question for those who tweaked their story and resubmitted. How do you even decide what to change prior to resubmitting? I don't know what the scans are looking for, so it would be like throwing darts in the dark for me.
No idea. I have thrown it through multiple AI scans. When they pick something out, I check it, reword it, or remove it. It’s been agonising frankly.

I use a couple of AI scanners as I go to try and keep from writing like AI, which really writes some stuff exactly like everyone else, and some stuff is just BAD that they produce! Overly wordy sentences are one trait of AI, and overly passive writing is another. But even, "Why is that," she said, can trigger a scanner. Why? I don't know, so please don't ask me.

Another rejection…

Important Message About Your Submission

Dear Writer,
Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.​
  • ["What do you mean, Leukemia?" Peta said. "She's had a cold for weeks".] should be ["What do you mean, Leukemia?" Peta said. "She's had a cold for weeks."] ["We've run the tests, we're pretty sure", the doctor said. "We need to be able to do a bone marrow transplant. So we will need to start chemotherapy".] should be ["We've run the tests, we're pretty sure," the doctor said. "We need to be able to do a bone marrow transplant. So we will need to start chemotherapy."] Kindly note the ending punctuation inside the closing quote. Many such wrong formatting. -> Please fix the formatting of your dialogue. The essay "How to Make Characters Talk" in our Writer's Resources section has more information on the formatting of dialogue if you have further questions: https://www.literotica.com/s/how-to-make-characters-talk
Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.
Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.
If you have any questions on these, please let us know.
Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!
Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com​

This feels monumentally petty, given how poor some of the recent published works have been for punctuation and grammar. Like - I am fuming.

I will make the changes and re-submit. If this one doesn’t get published, then it’s end game for me.

Back