Story rejection - "Cannot be published?"

louie_S_loser

Virgin
I submitted part two of a series but it remains pending and there is a note telling me it cannot be published. No reason why. All the message tells me is to submit the url to Support but i cannot seem to find out how to do that. Can someone help a n00b please. Thanks in advance.

When this happened to me it was because my story was less than 750 words. I got the explanation from here on the forum.

When this happened to me it was because my story was less than 750 words. I got the explanation from here on the forum.
Thanks for your reply. It should be well over that although i can't seem to figure out how to check that. the stories that have been accepted including the first part of this series are well over that and this is about the same length.

Thanks for your reply. It should be well over that although i can't seem to figure out how to check that.
Select-and-copy the whole story, all the text, and paste it into any word processor. Google Docs is free if you don't already have one. Any word processor will provide a way to get a word count.

Yes did that, thanks it is 3588 so a minimum word count cannot be the reason. How the heck to i contact support as the message stated?

The instruction how to "Submit the URL to support" is provided in Authors Hangout?

(I don't know how to "submit the url to support" either or I'd just answer it here.)

This is the place to ask those questions:

https://forum.literotica.com/forums/authors-hangout.3/

But you need to provide a LOT more information. Type of story, category, basic concept and story line and about 2-3 paragraphs of the story for others to review.
All of that is well and good. I had an issue with another posting and i was provided with clear and concise reasons. Which were fixed This time this was not the case. But i will keep looking. Thansk for the response

I submitted a story 11 days ago and a message popped up to say that it had been submitted and would be reviewed. But have still not heard anything back. Is this normal or is there a problem ? If so why have I not been told. It has been a while since I last published a story so perhaps things take longer now than before. Any advice ?

Sorry i never came back here and finished this off. Everything got rectified so all is good. Again humble apologies for forgetting about this thread completely.

I submitted a story 11 days ago and a message popped up to say that it had been submitted and would be reviewed. But have still not heard anything back. Is this normal or is there a problem ? If so why have I not been told. It has been a while since I last published a story so perhaps things take longer now than before. Any advice ?
Eleven days is a bit long. Make sure you haven't pulled it back into Drafts by mistake.

If not, a polite PM to Laurel should shake it loose, and it will either switch to "Pending" in a day or two, or be returned as a Rejection.

Thanks for your reply. Nothing in Drafts. Who is Laurel ? How do I contact her ? I wrote a message on Help/feedback a few days ago but no response there.

Sorry i never came back here and finished this off. Everything got rectified so all is good. Again humble apologies for forgetting about this thread completely.
I am glad to hear you got your problem sorted out. It has been over 2 weeks now since I submitted my story and have heard nothing. Sorry if I hijacked your thread but didn't know where else to go for advice.

Hey, can you say what it was? I just had that happen and since it is the fifth chapter in a series, I have no idea what it might be.

Thanks!

Same here, I sent a note to Laurel, they took care of it, it's published (it was a change of category, it covered several, it got switched, and passed in one day)

Back