Story rejected...but it's just chapter 1

Hi all. I submitted chapter 1 of a new story (my first on Lit in a LONG time, under a new name...). It was rejected. I'm guessing because it's under 750 words. But it's just chapter 1. I plan to post multiple chapters. Do they HAVE to be 750 words? I know it's well-written in terms of not needing an editor because I AM a professional editor. LOL So the only reason I can think of that it was rejected was because of word count. TIA!

My advice- see if you can expand the story within the chapter’s boundaries. Could your sex scenes use more detail? What about a character’s emotions? You sound like you have more chapters drafted, how about a little foreshadowing? I’m not sure why they have the word count requirement, but it’s easy to add more text if you’re into your story.

My advice- see if you can expand the story within the chapter’s boundaries. Could your sex scenes use more detail? What about a character’s emotions? You sound like you have more chapters drafted, how about a little foreshadowing? I’m not sure why they have the word count requirement, but it’s easy to add more text if you’re into your story.
It's chapter one. There IS no sex yet. LOL It's just basically the introduction of the characters, setting up the fact that they haven't seen each other in four years, their history, etc. :( I mean, I could add another 100 characters into it. It just seems silly and kind of stupid to have to do that when it wouldn't add anything. lol

We have a 750-word challenge here and I did write something for it. It is by FAR my least-read work. Most readers aren't even going to bother unless there's enough story to get their teeth into. I wouldn't post ANYTHING less than 5k at a time. If you want people to read it, that is.

It's chapter one. There IS no sex yet. LOL It's just basically the introduction of the characters, setting up the fact that they haven't seen each other in four years, their history, etc. :( I mean, I could add another 100 characters into it. It just seems silly and kind of stupid to have to do that when it wouldn't add anything. lol
Ok, I’m guessing you want this story in the Non-Erotic category now. My bad for assuming otherwise. My advice again, look it over and see if there is anything you could add. Maybe something in the character’s’ history. Expand a scene or a conversation. Also, remember, Lit is just one of many fiction publishers online. Many with less stringent requirements exist.

Hi all. I submitted chapter 1 of a new story (my first on Lit in a LONG time, under a new name...). It was rejected. I'm guessing because it's under 750 words. But it's just chapter 1. I plan to post multiple chapters. Do they HAVE to be 750 words? I know it's well-written in terms of not needing an editor because I AM a professional editor. LOL So the only reason I can think of that it was rejected was because of word count. TIA!
In my opinion, short parts of an unfinished story are a disaster waiting to happen. Think about it; One Literotica page in a published story is approximately 3750 words. It can take several days to write, edit, and submit the next part. IMO, to put up a "story" with 750 words and then nothing for who knows how many days is a good way to loose the ones who might have clicked on Part One.

My advice is to finish your story, review & edit the entire story (try to get someone else to proof it as well) and then submit it all on the same day. The Lit system will publish the "chapters/parts" out over the course of several days. (I put a note to readers that says; All parts of this story are complete and pending publication. It's important that each Part has the same Title with the addition to Part One, Part Two, etc.

IMO, readers are not going to be impressed with 750 words

How long are you expecting it to be in total? I'd suggest combining several chapters, if not the whole thing, to get your instalments up to at least 3k words each.

Surely it can only be either that you did not make it clear that more was to follow or that rules have changed such that only full, completed pieces are now accepted. I see no middle way.

Back