How to add photos to your story?

nena_banana

Really Really Experienced
I am currently writing a story to post on Lit but I want to add photos at certain parts to help put emphasis on the events that occurred and give some visuals of what is used or being discussed. How do I incorporate the photos when uploading the story to be published so they appear at the right time?

1. You can add pictures only in one Lit category - "illustrated". You can still use the regular tags, but you will not be able to add pictures in any other categories.

2. Images have to be either yours, or commissioned by you, or bought by you, you can't just pull random pictures from the web. Linking to pictures posted somewhere else is not allowed either.

3. Now, if you do have illustrations produces by you, what you can do is write your story, insert [image 1], [image 2], etc. where you want them. Then upload all the images anywhere you want, a folder on google drive will do. Name them the same way, i.e. image1, image2. Then in the note to the editor explain what you need to be done and give them link to the folder.

Alternatively, you can write the whole thing as a google doc and insert the images yourself. Then give the link to Lit. The problem here is that some formating might get lost in the transition and you don't get to see intermediate results.

1. You can add pictures only in one Lit category - "illustrated". You can still use the regular tags, but you will not be able to add pictures in any other categories.

2. Images have to be either yours, or commissioned by you, or bought by you, you can't just pull random pictures from the web. Linking to pictures posted somewhere else is not allowed either.

3. Now, if you do have illustrations produces by you, what you can do is write your story, insert [image 1], [image 2], etc. where you want them. Then upload all the images anywhere you want, a folder on google drive will do. Name them the same way, i.e. image1, image2. Then in the note to the editor explain what you need to be done and give them link to the folder.

Alternatively, you can write the whole thing as a google doc and insert the images yourself. Then give the link to Lit. The problem here is that some formating might get lost in the transition and you don't get to see intermediate results.
Thank you this helps alot

Back