Spoiler comments

I hate it when my twist gets ruined. Like with the tags we use to prevent the big cock girl surprise, you know, the chick with a dick. Only you can't have that as a surprise to the reader, or you'll get one bombed into extinction.
Some guy is spoiling what I thought was a well written twist. I like that he likes the story, but bruh...are you this dense? The twist hadn't even happened yet. I know it, and he thinks he knows it, even though he's actually right, I'm hoping others just think he's speculating, since it shouldn't be that obvious. He's not anon, either, I don't allow anon comments.

Some people just can't help themselves. I know if I say something, it'll make it obvious he's right. I think what I might do is when it gets to that point, which is the current pending chapter, or the next, after he gets his "ah-ha! I knew it"; despite how many have already read the previous chapters, since a new chapter is probably gonna bring new readers, I'm going to delete his first two comments. I gotta keep my artistic integrity.

I had a reader mention that he read the comments before checking out my one and only story.

Immediately that made me sad, because basically everybody in my comments section was discussing what they thought about the ending and what happened.

So, while I suppose that can be annoying, everyone should know that you read a story's comments first at your own risk

Last edited:
Some guy is spoiling what I thought was a well written twist. I like that he likes the story, but bruh...are you this dense? The twist hadn't even happened yet. I know it, and he thinks he knows it, even though he's actually right, I'm hoping others just think he's speculating, since it shouldn't be that obvious. He's not anon, either, I don't allow anon comments.

Some people just can't help themselves. I know if I say something, it'll make it obvious he's right. I think what I might do is when it gets to that point, which is the current pending chapter, or the next, after he gets his "ah-ha! I knew it"; despite how many have already read the previous chapters, since a new chapter is probably gonna bring new readers, I'm going to delete his first two comments. I gotta keep my artistic integrity.
if he's not anon, maybe you can send a PM. Be like, I like that you're leaving comments, but I'm going to delete spoilers out of consideration for other readers. If you comment without spoilers, I'll appreciate the comment and not remove it.

I had a reader mention that he read the comments before checking out my one and only story.

Immediately that made me sad, because basically everybody in my comments section was discussing what they thought about the ending and what happened.

So, while I suppose that can be annoying, everyone should know that you read a story's comments first at your own risk
Hmmm, I suppose this is a good point. Maybe I was worrying over nothing, and caveat emptor is the order of the day.

if he's not anon, maybe you can send a PM. Be like, I like that you're leaving comments, but I'm going to delete spoilers out of consideration for other readers. If you comment without spoilers, I'll appreciate the comment and not remove it.
I shot him a message, I'll just hafta wait and if nothing happens by when I submit the 5th chapter, I'm deleting them.

I personally am ok with spoilers in comments, but then comments are usually at the bottom of the story and I read them after I give the story a chance. As for situations where I read comments and reviews first, that’s different. If I’m buying a copy of a horror novel and it’s the type where the monster wins, I am glad to find out beforehand so I don’t waste my money. I’m not into horror stories where the monster wins. Exception- Beauty & the Beast stories. That’s cool with me cause the girl wins too. But if it’s just the monster who wins, find me another story please and thx Mikey Spoilers for letting me know this one wasn’t my cup of tea. Wish you’d been there for me before I read this other one that wasn’t.

As for reading Tags, one reader must click on an icon (otherwise they remain hidden),
it would be good if the comments were hidden under a special icon (an eye still closed?) so that only those who WANT to read the comments can see them.
On Youtube this is not possible (and spoilers are often in the first few lines!), but on Lit it could be simple.

Alternative: plan B. Each author should write a couple of anonymous comments immediately after publishing, so the first comments caught by the too-fast eye would be harmless. E.g. '#1: This empty comment is to avoid spoilers' and '#2: This comment, again, also serves to delay spoilers'.

But the comments come after the story, not before. So, anyone skipping to the end is looking for the spoilers.
As for reading Tags, one reader must click on an icon (otherwise they remain hidden),
it would be good if the comments were hidden under a special icon (an eye still closed?) so that only those who WANT to read the comments can see them.
On Youtube this is not possible (and spoilers are often in the first few lines!), but on Lit it could be simple.

Alternative: plan B. Each author should write a couple of anonymous comments immediately after publishing, so the first comments caught by the too-fast eye would be harmless. E.g. '#1: This empty comment is to avoid spoilers' and '#2: This comment, again, also serves to delay spoilers'.

Back