Speaking of guns...

You're asking me to accept something that seems to be an oxymoron.

rj

If you have ever stated that you have balls that would be an oxy moron.

By the way...nice av...are you mocking tragedy RJ? Looks like you are suggesting people kill themselves....aren't you a cutie.

When you make it so no one can obtain a gun illegally then you have a point. But as long as the criminals can always get them, non criminals will need them, ist that simple.

Why do you think the Police are armed? Because the people they will be arresting may be armed...

Criminals can always get them because they're fucking everywhere! I'm surprised retailers don't drop gun coupons in my bag with toothpaste coupons.

Anyone can get as many as they want because the NRA can manipulate you and millions of others like shivering marionettes. Booooooo!

rj

This message is hidden because self righteous rjordan who speaks for all Americans is on your ignore list.

Ahh....its like a silencer;)

Oh you get me so hard with your self righteousness.

Know who acts like you and pilot? Soft, spoiled had it made my whole life preppies who have never seen real violence in their lives except for television.

You live in fantasy land you and all your whiny wimpy kind do as well I hope someday you're on the wrong end of a violent crimes in your own home then come back and tell all us gun fetishists how crazy we are.

People like you weaken a country and pave the way for thugs and criminals....but of course to you they only exist in Hollywood or on the news in places you would never be.

Bet the closest you've ever been to an inner city is when your GPS took you the wrong way.

Soft little crybaby you are you and that pontificating old lady pilot should hook up and have a candle light vigil....somewhere safe in a very well protected high income area of course.

You're a fucking pussy RJ a weak willed spineless little bitch. whining away about politics on an authors forum on a sex site and acting like you give a fuck about anyone but your own white bred frat boy ass.

Why don't you go out somewhere in public and shoot your mouth off? Take pilot with you.

Christ there is nothing more nauseating than the self righteous, don't liek the second amendment? Go live in another fucking country, one that has no rights or freedom. Then cry about how horrible it is to live here.

Damn. I hit a nerve. This might be your best writing ever.

rj

Wish the activists got this worked up about rape and domestic assault....you know stuff that happens everyday and in many cases right next door.

But I know, its not sexy enough, you don't get near the attention you do by whining about guns.

Too bad that woman in the article posted previously had to wait, maybe she would be alive

But who cares about her life? Again, its not sexy enough...no fun wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth over a beaten woman scared for her life, getting stabbed to death....

But hey her killer didn't use a gun so he's cool isn't he? He's just aces in RJ's book he did it the right way, didn't he?

Serves her right for even trying to get a gun, she deserved to die for being so evil, didn't she RJ?

Wonder how you'd feel if that was your wife/daughter/mother....or would you just sit there and let them get hurt? People like you probably would.

Over the last twenty years I've not only taught battered women self defense, but if they wanted to go the route of guns (if they wanted to, its not something I bring up) I help them pick one out, teach them to use safely, take them to the range....

I sleep well at night knowing I've not only given these women the ability to protect themselves, but the confidence and peace of mine to go with it.

I've had several women over the years use what I've taught them and been able to defend themselves enough that their attacker fled.

I've helped women-and men-and children because I have taught ages 5-75 over the years- be self confident, feel good about themselves, stay in shape, look good, feel good and...be able to defend themselves if need be. I taught a fourteen year old kid who was getting his as beat on the way home from school everyday to be able to handle himself and after he doled out one beating they left him alone.

Do I teach aggressive violence? Not at all stress defense, I stress being able to react against the bullies and scum out there.

I can be prick, I know I can be, but I have helped people and I have made a difference in people's lives,

Who do you help RJ? Who do you help Pilot? You help yourselves to the freedoms this country provides, but only advocate the ones that help you.

End of the day you jack asses can call me names and mock me, but let me tell you this...push came to shove if someone close to you was in trouble they would be a hell of a lot better off with someone like me around, than a self centered pansy like you two.

Put the guns-non guns-down for a minute because this, at least to me, is a lot more about race than it is about guns.

This was a despicable hate crime at a time when racial tensions are already strained.

I don't know what has happened to this society, both here and around the world, I really don't.

I am very spiritual, I believe in the best in people, or try to. I try to think that we are all brothers and sister and there should be peace.

But I look around and .....we are really devolving, we really are.

And its sad.

This boy who did this-and I know he is not a child, but I still see him as young.

All that hate, all that malice...where does it come from in this day and age?

Again, just sad.

"If someone in that Bible group had been armed."

In a country where a black kid gets shot dead for carrying a toy gun. Yeah, that's a practical solution :-/

Even if everybody in that Bible study group had been armed, there's always going to be a massive tactical advantage to the guy who's planning trouble and gets to start shooting while everybody else is still figuring out what the hell is going on.

Who do you help RJ? Who do you help Pilot? You help yourselves to the freedoms this country provides, but only advocate the ones that help you.

Uhhh, I thought I was on Ignore. If you put me on Ignore, doesn't that imply that you won't be addressing me expecting an answer?

rj

I rest my case on why Hatecraft is exactly the sort of person who shouldn't be given access to a gun. I'm actually surprised he has them (if he does). He had posted to the board that he was thrown in the slammer for being violent (what a surprise based on his posting history here :rolleyes:). If men with such records aren't already banned from gun ownership in RI, that's certainly a place for the cleanup in the gun control laws to start.

Last edited:
Even if everybody in that Bible study group had been armed, there's always going to be a massive tactical advantage to the guy who's planning trouble and gets to start shooting while everybody else is still figuring out what the hell is going on.

Thought about that today in terms of those Yahoos who carry a rifle into a grocery store--supposedly to help defend everyone in there--certainly not to declare what a macho stud they are. If you are a store robber with a gun and needed to neutralize the place, who would you shoot first--before they even knew there was trouble? The cashier who has to open the cash register for you or that guy moving down the aisle with a rifle slung over his shoulder?

The rifle sort of helps in Darwinism in action, I think.

I rest my case on why Hatecraft is exactly the sort of person who shouldn't be given access to a gun. I'm actually surprised he has them (if he does). He had posted to the board that he was thrown in the slammer for being violent. If men with such records aren't already banned from gun ownership in RI, that's certainly a place for the cleanup in the gun control laws to start.

Records can be expunged....even felonies, takes a few years of staying out of the eyes of the law and a few hundred dollars.

Once again things like this show how much you don't know.

Last edited:
Well said from the GB

an RJ/Pilot type ambulance chaser/anti gun nut....

Let's have some of the usual weak-ass 2nd amendment, gun-loving horseshit.

And logic...the antithesis of said ambulance chaser

You mean like the unlawful use of a firearm does not justify the unlawful prohibition of Constitutionally protected firearm ownership as has been unarguably decreed by the United States Supreme Court? That horseshit?

Being that I'm the one who started this thread, I felt compelled, responsible actually, to finish this thread.

In the spirit of this thread, Speaking of Guns..., I wrote a Review and Essay based on this thread called, Speaking of Guns...and the NRA.

The Review and Essay is posting tomorrow. I hope you will all read it and vote for it. The last essay that I wrote about gun control, Second Amendment Gun Rights are Wrong, only had 8,000 hits. Yet, more interesting than the number of hits that it had, the Review and Essay had 223 votes and 66 comments. That's huge for a story with only 8,000 hits.

"Wow!"

Obviously many readers didn't agree with me as the story had a score of 1.86 (lol). We'll see what happens with my Review and Essay tomorrow. I think it's wicked good. Unfortunately, those readers who love guns won't read past the first paragraph. If they do read the entire essay, they may be surprised that I ended the review by agreeing with the gun owners (lol).

I hope those who have posted to his thread will read my Review and Essay, Speaking of Guns...and the NRA tomorrow.

I'd also like to say that my heart goes out to those poor people who were gunned down in church. They were good people who happened to be black and who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't understand. More than 150 years after Lincoln freed the slaves, seemingly this country has roots of hatred firmly transplanted from the past to the future.

In the words of Rodney King, "Why can't we all just get along?"

Black, white, red, yellow, or alien green, we're all just people. It's time we all just got along and live and let live.

From killing high school students in Columbine to killing children in Newtown to killing people standing in line to see a movie in Aurora and now killing innocent people in church, when is enough is enough? When will America stop the slaughter of innocent people? Is the only answer for all of us to arm ourselves and walk around with our guns strapped to our leg as they did in the wild west?

This is just lunacy.

I rest my case on why Hatecraft is exactly the sort of person who shouldn't be given access to a gun. I'm actually surprised he has them (if he does). He had posted to the board that he was thrown in the slammer for being violent (what a surprise based on his posting history here :rolleyes:). If men with such records aren't already banned from gun ownership in RI, that's certainly a place for the cleanup in the gun control laws to start.

Gun owners. Law abiding citizens...until they're not.

rj

Records can be expunged....even felonies, takes a few years of staying out of the eyes of the law and a few hundred dollars.

Once again things like this show how much you don't know.

I know that if you can't control exhibiting sick hatred, deep-seated anger, and violent responses even on an Internet discussion board, you have no business having access to guns. I see little difference in the characterization of the attitudes of some of these shooters and their background and what you exhibit and have posted about your background and the rabid attacks you have launched on others on the board.

I think the thread should have been posted to the Political Forum, not here.

I think the thread should have been posted to the Political Forum, not here.

LC needs to post the photoshopped pic of Sarah Palin in her American flag bikini with her guns. That would be a good tie in to erotic writing. Imagine the story line: "Make me cum or you're target practice." Plus, LC's latest rant is a good reference for an author needing dialogue for a red-faced, spittle-spewing, gun-toting, tattooed redneck trying to start a fight in a Walmart.

His avatar does scream volumes. He just can't help himself (which is why he shouldn't be anywhere near a gun).

LC, rj is addressing the issue of mass shootings -- which is a valid concern. But people who commit those are obviously not sane, something is seriously wrong with them.

Missed this one earlier... I agree with a lot of your post, but please don't conflate "mass murderer" with mental illness.

Yeah, some of the people who do these things do have some mental illness, but many do not. The Oklahoma City bomber, the shooter in Norway - they were assessed as sane. They did those things because they were arseholes, not because they were nuts.

Blaming "insanity" for things like this is very often code for "let's not think too hard about how society produces these people because that might lead to some very inconvenient truths". And it's very harmful to mentally ill folk.

When you make it so no one can obtain a gun illegally then you have a point. But as long as the criminals can always get them, non criminals will need them, ist that simple.

Why do you think the Police are armed? Because the people they will be arresting may be armed...

Our Police are not armed, and don't want to be. Yes, criminals can get hold of guns, but armed robbery carries twice the sentence of the unarmed variety. Illegal weapons are expensive. the gain from a crime has to be very high to justify a gun.
If our police have good grounds for believing that a suspect is armed, they do have armed response units that they can call on. It is widely accepted here that routinely arming the police will result in more criminals carrying guns.
I think you are confusing want with need. You may want a gun, that is your choice and I respect that. I don't accept that anyone, in a non-battlefield situation, needs a gun.

So...biting the bullet, so to speak, if I wanted to join the arms escalation party, what sort of gun should I buy?

Should I buy a shotgun and leave it under my bed so that when I'm ready to shoot, I won't miss.

Or should I buy a handgun, one that's small enough to fit in my purse, a derringer, a .22 caliber handgun, or a snub nose .38?

I can't imagine shooting anyone but if I had to, I could.

"Pardon me? What did you say about my story? What did you say about my writing? What did you say about my non-existent talent as a writer?

Take that asshole! Bang! Take that! Bang! Bang! Now get off my lawn and go bleed somewhere else."

Damn, I should have bought this Magnum .45 years ago.

SusanJillParker," said the police officer. "What did you do? Why did you shoot that man?"

"He said I was a lousy writer and my stories suck," said Susan.

"That's no reason to shoot him," said the cop. "You're lucky you're a white woman and not a black woman. If you were a back woman and shot someone, I'd strip you naked and beat you senseless before arresting you. If you were a black man, I'd just shoot you and ask questions later. Now, tell him you're sorry for shooting him," said the cop.

"I'm sorry for shooting you," said Susan walking away.

"Sorry? Is that it? Aren't you going to arrest her," said the injured man.

"Arrest her? Arrest her for what? For shooting you with a water gun? Now get off her lawn before I arrest you for trespassing," said the cop tapping a Billy club in his hand.

BFW/SJP your satirical comment does contain an unsettling element of truth. Here in Tucson AZ, a motorist accidentally cut off another motorist. The other motorist pulled up along side and began yelling at the culprit. The culprit, in fear of his life because someone was yelling at him, killed the guy who was yelling - and got off. Granted, the dead guy was a A-hole, but if we were allowed to shoot every A-hole in the country, our political system would change drastically, and Texas would become a liberal paradise.

The killing occurred when Mota, 22, accidentally cut off Switalski on North Oracle Road near Pusch View Lane. Switalski, who was driving with his girlfriend, pulled his car next to Moto’s where a verbal argument escalated.

Wrae told jurors that Switalski was so angry that Mota became scared and fired his semi-automatic handgun from his car. One of the shots struck Switalski’s car and the other hit his back, ripping into his lung and heart.

http://tucson.com/news/blogs/police...cle_b997992a-78bc-5dd5-8d98-6f712590f904.html

Back