Sounding

HotheadKali

Experienced
So. Sounding.

I've seen it done, but I've never done it before. Yet.

My boy has just acquired a sounding kit.

Any tips on sounding--techniques, safety, things to keep in mind, stories of your experiences, how it feels, etc.? :)

Sterilize, use lube (I prefer sterile single packet Surgilube) and guide it in, don't force it. The weight of the sound will be enough to slide it into the urethra. If pain, discolored (cloudy) urine or a fever develops after play, see a doctor and tell him what you've been up to.

And if you want to send jolts of electricity coursing through his peepee:
attachment.php

Attachments

• sound.JPG
    sound.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,025
is there any female sounding??
Yes, of course. Not nearly as popular as for men, and a much greater risk of infection. I've done it, but it wasn't enough fun to make a habit of it.

I'm ALWAYS a big proponent of using shaved ginger for male sounding. Just slip a sliver in, give it about.... oh.... 3 seconds, and watch the reaction. Only thing you have to watch for is that you don't break any off inside the urethra. Even if you do though, as long is it doesn't go too deep the first piss should dislodge it.

I'm ALWAYS a big proponent of using shaved ginger for male sounding. Just slip a sliver in, give it about.... oh.... 3 seconds, and watch the reaction. Only thing you have to watch for is that you don't break any off inside the urethra. Even if you do though, as long is it doesn't go too deep the first piss should dislodge it.

Aged or not it doesn't cause me but the mildest discomfort.

You sound like you have some very wicked ideas......i like that!

To think i thought the ginger buttplug was hot! ;)

Paging Shankie...

you rang?

Here is my point of view about sounds - I know it is long, and others have different take - nonetheless it is edge play and can be dangerous if care is not taken...

I have been asked several questions about sounds play. I decided to post this in hopes it can be a good starting place for interested people to do research before starting with insertion play. No doubt there are other opinions and experiences. Please, add to the discussion. I offer this and say “Your Mileage May Vary” and “Play Safe”

At the direction of Kaye Buckley in San Francisco, I created this from several sources and my own experience. It was used for her class at QSM: “Pushing Limits with Creative Phallic Play”

URETHRA INSERTION PLAY

Over the past several years I have learned a few things about play involving the placement of “things” in a cock, well actually I have unselfishly volunteered my own cock as the testing ground. This outlines some of the things I have found out. Please know that I am not in any way a trained medical professional.

THE TURN ON

As a source of exceptional sexual stimulation, sounds can be a wonderful edge play toy. The thought of something going IN a cock is a real mind fuck. The feel is exquisite and nearly indescribable. There is some discomfort, a little stinging, but there is also sensation in parts of the body normally unfelt, sensations that can be very sexual, sensations that feel like they are at the very depth of my being. As a self-play toy, manipulating sounds in my cock allow for very subtle but profound sensations. In the hands of someone else, they bring a profound sense of trust and surrender of control to the play. Sounds can be a wonderful “power exchange” tool, especially if the owner of the cock it tied down. There is "something" about seeing a sound being put if your cock that adds to the experience.

Using sounds the size of the urethra is considered sensation play. When you start stretching the urethra the sensation changes considerably and can be considered pain play.

THE RISKS

Anything going into the urethra has the potential of being very dangerous if there is contamination. Bacteria can cause severe infection of the bladder and can ultimately affect the kidneys. Other infections can also be difficult to clear up and require medical attention.

The urethra can be bruised, scraped and/or punctured. Internal organ such as the prostrate and/or the bladder can be damager. Item that are too small (short) can be lost and require emergency room attention.

SAFETY GUIDELINES
Be sure everything you use for urethral insertion play is clean – sterile if possible. NEVER USE an un-sterilized item to enter the bladder. There is some controversy about the level of cleanliness required for this sort of play. I have found references to three levels of cleanliness. Inform yourself about all levels before you decide how to handle your own sounds play.

1.It is optimum to have the sounds sterilized in an autoclave.

2. Next best is to use a pressure cooker. (On the Safe Edge by Trevor Jacques outlines a system that works at home) Here is my take on that system.
Clean and wash all instruments carefully before sterilizing them. This is especially true if your instruments have been used on someone before. Use lots of detergent, water, and bleach. If these are contaminated items, wear latex gloves as you handle them. The steam under pressure raises the temperature in the sterilization chamber to kill all pathogens. The killing process is a function of Time and Pressure. Pressure Cookers reach a temperature of 250o F or 121o C at a pressure of 15 pounds and requires 30 minutes for the process to be effective.
This article will only deal with pressure cookers for the sterilization of steel instruments or other not heat sensitive items. Do not try to sterilize latex items or liquids. Pick a pressure cooker of sufficient size to hold the instruments you wish to use. If you are using sounds and/or dilators the pressure cooker should have an inside diameter of at least 12 inches.

Put your instruments in the pressure cooker, sterilize them, let them cool and use them right out of the pressure cooker.

A pressure cooker does not have a drying cycle! If you wish to package your instruments for later use after sterilization, they must be dry before you can safely handle them without contaminating them. For this process before placing the sounds in the pressure cooker, after cleaning them as outlined above, I place them inside two small paper bags – one bag inside the other bag and wrap them closed. I have found a little masking tape works well. Wrapped now so that no part of the sound is exposed I place them in the pressure cooker and follow regular instructions. Once cooking is finished, using tongs, I remove the wet bags being careful not to open them in any way. The bags are places on an over rack in a 250 deg oven for about 2 hours. This should completely dry them out. As long as the bag in not torn, once cooled this can be placed in a plastic bag for future use.

3. Some suggest that if the sounds are only for one persons play they can be safely washed with hot water and detergent, followed by 30 minuets of vigorous boiling. They should be then wrapped in a sterilized wrapping and stored away from contaminants.

Be sure to wash the head on the cock with alcohol and wear latex gloves.

Expect your first piss after play to sting, if fact after my first play I stung for a full day. I sorta look forward to it now. If you see a little blood, STOP. If you are still seeing blood in a day or so go to the doctor. If you see allot of blood go to the doctor NOW and tell them exactly what you were doing.

Do not mix ass play with sounds play. Little things that are fine in your ass play havoc in your cock. Be very careful about cross contamination.

Do not use lube that has been used in any sort of other play, even your own. Lube can be easily contaminated while being used. Use water-based sterile lube to aid urethra insertion play. DO NOT use lubes that contain nonoxynol-9 or any flavored lubes.

DO NOT masturbate with the sound inserted. There are a lot of nerves in the urethra canal that can be damaged. (open to much discussion)

The broadest guideline is to go slowly until you know how much you can take. Not only can you do considerable damage if you try and force it in - you just plain will *not* enjoy it.

Sounds are made of metal and are unforgiving. When you introduce a sound into the urethra, you are dealing with soft tissues and therefore the tissues move around to accommodate the sound. ONLY use smooth blunt items. NEVER use wood, glass or plastic items. Only use items that have rounded ends. Do not use items that are very thin or pointed.

Do not insert anything into a bound or tied cock.

Never try to insert or remove a curved sound when the cock is hard. Start all sounds play with a limp cock.

If you encounter a blockage, DO NOT attempt to push past it. Once you reach the bladder, the sound will stop. Other blockages could be scar tissue.

Start with a sound the SAME size as the urethra opening and gradually work up in size. As the size increases your urethra will dilate somewhat. It should return to normal in a little while. Just be aware that the longer you leave it in the longer it will take to return to it's original size.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Sounds (also called Uterine Dilators) are metal rods used in the medical community to dilate urethras. Urethral sounds are manufactured for the sole purpose of opening urethral strictures which can develop for a variety of reasons from just plain old age to scar tissue. They come in carefully metered graduated sizes. Hegars and Pratts are designed for medical use on women, Dittels and Van Burens are designed for medical use on men.

Several styles are used in D/S S/M play. There is conflicting information about what the styles are called that are sold by Mr. S Leather in San Francisco, CA (415-863-7798) and LeatherMaters in San Jose, CA (408-293-7660) for about $20.00 at each. I found a surgical supply firm that was willing to copy several pages from medical catalogues and they are attached - this information will clarify the names of the different styles. There are also many web site now offering sounds.

The most commonly sold sounds are Hegar Uterine Dilators. They are 7 1/2” long, have a gentle “S” curve to them, and are two sized - that is, each Hegar has one half that is larger than the other half. I started with a 5-6. It is about the size of a small diameter drinking straw, the next size I got was a 7-8, about the size of a large drinking straw. I am now wording on the 9-10, the 9 is a nice fit - can’t do 10 yet. The 17-18 is thumb sized and I can’t even look at it (well, at least not for long). Pratts are longer and straighter than Hegars and are starting to show up in some stores. I have my own set of Pratts now and prefer them to Hegars. They are heavier and go farther into my body.

Hegars and Pratts can be inserted in an erect cock.

I have also had some experience with Van Burens. They are 11” long with a flat handle on one end, and a 90 degree bend at the inserting end. They are for going all the way to the bladder and cannot be inserted in an erect cock. They come in 17 sizes - 8,10,12,14........40. Some are tapered all the way up, some get to “size” soon and stay the same size the rest of the way. A 22 Van Buren is about the diameter of a 7 Hegar. The buzz using the Van Buren is going through the prostrate and up to the bladder. They are not to be played with without great caution!

Dittels are rather like Van Burens without the bend in the end. I have no experience with Dittels but they appear to be able to work with an erect cock.

Actually Hegars and Pratts are called dilators. Hegar sizes are marked as 3-4mm, 5-6mm, etc. Van Burens and Dittels are called sounds. Pratts, Van Burens and Dittels are marked as 8Fr, 10Fr, etc (Fr refers to French). Most leather stores call them all sounds.

Last edited:

If I may - that is not sounding play, a sound is a specific medical tool. I would call what you are talking about "insertion play" or "CBT".

Concur with Shank on most points. At some point, I've done nearly everything wrong and gotten away with it, at least, most of it. The part I didn't get away with was using an aggresively ribbed instrument. It did some damage. Recommend you stay away.

I haven't always sterilized as thoroughly as I should (as described above), but shortly I will be sounding again and I'm definitely pressure cooking then baking.

Be safe; be careful; Happy Sounding!

I had a Foley Catheter YANKED out by a pissed-off Filipina RN.

Some of yall would have Oed all over her no doubt.

It fucking sucked. Why can't my hospital kink experience have been a sponge bath or something.

uurrrrghhh. Absolute utter hard limit for me. Just the thought makes me squeamish.

Of course, I probably have certain fetishes which make other people squeamish, so...

you rang?

Here is my point of view about sounds - I know it is long, and others have different take - nonetheless it is edge play and can be dangerous if care is not taken...

I have been asked several questions about sounds play. I decided to post this in hopes it can be a good starting place for interested people to do research before starting with insertion play. No doubt there are other opinions and experiences. Please, add to the discussion. I offer this and say “Your Mileage May Vary” and “Play Safe”

At the direction of Kaye Buckley in San Francisco, I created this from several sources and my own experience. It was used for her class at QSM: “Pushing Limits with Creative Phallic Play”

URETHRA INSERTION PLAY

Over the past several years I have learned a few things about play involving the placement of “things” in a cock, well actually I have unselfishly volunteered my own cock as the testing ground. This outlines some of the things I have found out. Please know that I am not in any way a trained medical professional.

THE TURN ON

As a source of exceptional sexual stimulation, sounds can be a wonderful edge play toy. The thought of something going IN a cock is a real mind fuck. The feel is exquisite and nearly indescribable. There is some discomfort, a little stinging, but there is also sensation in parts of the body normally unfelt, sensations that can be very sexual, sensations that feel like they are at the very depth of my being. As a self-play toy, manipulating sounds in my cock allow for very subtle but profound sensations. In the hands of someone else, they bring a profound sense of trust and surrender of control to the play. Sounds can be a wonderful “power exchange” tool, especially if the owner of the cock it tied down. There is "something" about seeing a sound being put if your cock that adds to the experience.

Using sounds the size of the urethra is considered sensation play. When you start stretching the urethra the sensation changes considerably and can be considered pain play.

THE RISKS

Anything going into the urethra has the potential of being very dangerous if there is contamination. Bacteria can cause severe infection of the bladder and can ultimately affect the kidneys. Other infections can also be difficult to clear up and require medical attention.

The urethra can be bruised, scraped and/or punctured. Internal organ such as the prostrate and/or the bladder can be damager. Item that are too small (short) can be lost and require emergency room attention.

SAFETY GUIDELINES
Be sure everything you use for urethral insertion play is clean – sterile if possible. NEVER USE an un-sterilized item to enter the bladder. There is some controversy about the level of cleanliness required for this sort of play. I have found references to three levels of cleanliness. Inform yourself about all levels before you decide how to handle your own sounds play.

1.It is optimum to have the sounds sterilized in an autoclave.

2. Next best is to use a pressure cooker. (On the Safe Edge by Trevor Jacques outlines a system that works at home) Here is my take on that system.
Clean and wash all instruments carefully before sterilizing them. This is especially true if your instruments have been used on someone before. Use lots of detergent, water, and bleach. If these are contaminated items, wear latex gloves as you handle them. The steam under pressure raises the temperature in the sterilization chamber to kill all pathogens. The killing process is a function of Time and Pressure. Pressure Cookers reach a temperature of 250o F or 121o C at a pressure of 15 pounds and requires 30 minutes for the process to be effective.
This article will only deal with pressure cookers for the sterilization of steel instruments or other not heat sensitive items. Do not try to sterilize latex items or liquids. Pick a pressure cooker of sufficient size to hold the instruments you wish to use. If you are using sounds and/or dilators the pressure cooker should have an inside diameter of at least 12 inches.

Put your instruments in the pressure cooker, sterilize them, let them cool and use them right out of the pressure cooker.

A pressure cooker does not have a drying cycle! If you wish to package your instruments for later use after sterilization, they must be dry before you can safely handle them without contaminating them. For this process before placing the sounds in the pressure cooker, after cleaning them as outlined above, I place them inside two small paper bags – one bag inside the other bag and wrap them closed. I have found a little masking tape works well. Wrapped now so that no part of the sound is exposed I place them in the pressure cooker and follow regular instructions. Once cooking is finished, using tongs, I remove the wet bags being careful not to open them in any way. The bags are places on an over rack in a 250 deg oven for about 2 hours. This should completely dry them out. As long as the bag in not torn, once cooled this can be placed in a plastic bag for future use.

3. Some suggest that if the sounds are only for one persons play they can be safely washed with hot water and detergent, followed by 30 minuets of vigorous boiling. They should be then wrapped in a sterilized wrapping and stored away from contaminants.

Be sure to wash the head on the cock with alcohol and wear latex gloves.

Expect your first piss after play to sting, if fact after my first play I stung for a full day. I sorta look forward to it now. If you see a little blood, STOP. If you are still seeing blood in a day or so go to the doctor. If you see allot of blood go to the doctor NOW and tell them exactly what you were doing.

Do not mix ass play with sounds play. Little things that are fine in your ass play havoc in your cock. Be very careful about cross contamination.

Do not use lube that has been used in any sort of other play, even your own. Lube can be easily contaminated while being used. Use water-based sterile lube to aid urethra insertion play. DO NOT use lubes that contain nonoxynol-9 or any flavored lubes.

DO NOT masturbate with the sound inserted. There are a lot of nerves in the urethra canal that can be damaged. (open to much discussion)

The broadest guideline is to go slowly until you know how much you can take. Not only can you do considerable damage if you try and force it in - you just plain will *not* enjoy it.

Sounds are made of metal and are unforgiving. When you introduce a sound into the urethra, you are dealing with soft tissues and therefore the tissues move around to accommodate the sound. ONLY use smooth blunt items. NEVER use wood, glass or plastic items. Only use items that have rounded ends. Do not use items that are very thin or pointed.

Do not insert anything into a bound or tied cock.

Never try to insert or remove a curved sound when the cock is hard. Start all sounds play with a limp cock.

If you encounter a blockage, DO NOT attempt to push past it. Once you reach the bladder, the sound will stop. Other blockages could be scar tissue.

Start with a sound the SAME size as the urethra opening and gradually work up in size. As the size increases your urethra will dilate somewhat. It should return to normal in a little while. Just be aware that the longer you leave it in the longer it will take to return to it's original size.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Sounds (also called Uterine Dilators) are metal rods used in the medical community to dilate urethras. Urethral sounds are manufactured for the sole purpose of opening urethral strictures which can develop for a variety of reasons from just plain old age to scar tissue. They come in carefully metered graduated sizes. Hegars and Pratts are designed for medical use on women, Dittels and Van Burens are designed for medical use on men.

Several styles are used in D/S S/M play. There is conflicting information about what the styles are called that are sold by Mr. S Leather in San Francisco, CA (415-863-7798) and LeatherMaters in San Jose, CA (408-293-7660) for about $20.00 at each. I found a surgical supply firm that was willing to copy several pages from medical catalogues and they are attached - this information will clarify the names of the different styles. There are also many web site now offering sounds.

The most commonly sold sounds are Hegar Uterine Dilators. They are 7 1/2” long, have a gentle “S” curve to them, and are two sized - that is, each Hegar has one half that is larger than the other half. I started with a 5-6. It is about the size of a small diameter drinking straw, the next size I got was a 7-8, about the size of a large drinking straw. I am now wording on the 9-10, the 9 is a nice fit - can’t do 10 yet. The 17-18 is thumb sized and I can’t even look at it (well, at least not for long). Pratts are longer and straighter than Hegars and are starting to show up in some stores. I have my own set of Pratts now and prefer them to Hegars. They are heavier and go farther into my body.

Hegars and Pratts can be inserted in an erect cock.

I have also had some experience with Van Burens. They are 11” long with a flat handle on one end, and a 90 degree bend at the inserting end. They are for going all the way to the bladder and cannot be inserted in an erect cock. They come in 17 sizes - 8,10,12,14........40. Some are tapered all the way up, some get to “size” soon and stay the same size the rest of the way. A 22 Van Buren is about the diameter of a 7 Hegar. The buzz using the Van Buren is going through the prostrate and up to the bladder. They are not to be played with without great caution!

Dittels are rather like Van Burens without the bend in the end. I have no experience with Dittels but they appear to be able to work with an erect cock.

Actually Hegars and Pratts are called dilators. Hegar sizes are marked as 3-4mm, 5-6mm, etc. Van Burens and Dittels are called sounds. Pratts, Van Burens and Dittels are marked as 8Fr, 10Fr, etc (Fr refers to French). Most leather stores call them all sounds.

quoting because it's great info

I have been sounding for a while on and off. I have had surgery down there so as soon as I feel any pressure or resistance I stop I have had no issues. I sterilize and make sure even my space is clean and use sergilube. Grew up with UTI’s not fun.

You can buy disposable catheters at the drug store to try first before investing in the rods. Sounding can be an excellent D/s activity. Just keep it clean and sterile and don’t go too deep. The initial discomfort is where the submission is. Then cum the rewards😊

Back