Seeking writers for post-apocalyptic rebuilding of society roleplay

KingOfNowhere

Really Experienced
Think "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" (without Mad Max) meets Season 3 of "The Walking Dead".

Premise:
  • The Extinction Virus appeared in 2024. It was the most highly transmissible pathogen Humankind had ever faced, and no cure was to be found.
  • By the end of the decade, 90% of Earth's population was dead.
  • With this pandemic came the expected collapse of governments, militaries, economies ... society as we'd come to think of it simply ended.
  • Now, 12 years later, it is time to rebuild.
  • My character and some of his "friends" have returned to their "home", an abandoned county prison in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in North-Central New Mexico. Some are former Staff; some are Inmates; some are neither; but ALL want to not only survive but thrive in this new world. The prison seems like a perfect place to start again.
  • In addition to this group will be transient survivors who will come to realize that maybe they, too, can make a new start here.
Joining and participating:
  • I probably should have told you something important at the top of this seeking post, but I wanted you to read this, get excited, and think I have to join this! This sounds fun! This will not be written here in Literotica; it will be written in Discord. I like Literotica, its Moderators, and its Members very much, but this new format they have sucks. Sorry, jut being honest. Discord gives the ability to conduct a Main IC that will satisfy the story in its whole while also allowing channels (what we call threads here) for more personal interactions.
  • So, you need to have a Discord ID, obviously. If you don't have one, get one; it's easy and free.
  • Next, you have to either post your interest here in this thread or send me a PM, so that I can send you an invite to join the story.
  • Then, you have to create a character or two or ten -- however many you think you can handle -- and join the fun.
Expectations:
  • There are no requirements for posting frequency or message length. If you want this to be casual, create one character who doesn't have a majorly significant part in the whole of the story; if you have all the time in the world and want to go crazy, you are welcome to do so, on the condition that you uphold your commitment. (If you don't or can't, no worries: I'll just kill off the characters you can't handle in a dramatic fashion, after informing you of my plan to do so, obviously.
  • I do expect all writers to proofread and do their best at providing readable, understandable content. Please proofread for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors and then correct them, just as I will.
  • No power plays: my character is in charge; this isn't a story about who can be the biggest (wo)man in the block, because mine already is and will remain so unless I allow some sort of coup to happen. If all you want to do is take control, start your own story. Maybe I'll even join. ;)
  • No detrimental twists: do not create events that will upset the storylines that other writers are so meticulously putting together. If you think that the twist -- or even basic information or activities -- might detrimentally harm another writer's character or storyline, PM me first for clearance.
  • There will probably be more expectations, but right now I have to go to work.
Other information:
  • We will be using the prison from the television series The Walking Dead, Season 3, as our prime location, though, we are placing it at the southern end of the Rocky Mountains in Northern New Mexico, near Sante Fe. (I will be honest, I've never been there, so I don't know what the terrain really looks like. But, this is the way it's gonna be, so...
  • This is my only roleplay, so I will have the time to write several characters. If your character needs someone to buddy-buddy with, I will do my best to fulfill your needs.
  • I welcome anyone who joins to invite their Literotica friends to join as well. I want this to be a group effort, 4-10 writers with as many as 100 on again-off again characters. This might not be your bag, but the channels (1x1 threads) that will be listed right there under the Main IC channel make creating a group roleplay that isn't really a group roleplay all the time possible.
If you have an interest, please let me know. I will add more information in the days to come.

Last edited:
This sounds very interesting, but I have never done this before. Can I join and observe and build a character after I figure out how it all works? If no, no hard feelings. ☺

Sure you can, but I'm going to write it on Discord, not Literotica.

Does that still interest you?

Fantastic! We have one other female writer, too. She and I are already on Discord writing another roleplay, and we were just waiting for another writer for "Beyond Bars".

I will try to get this up and running today -- most of the intro is already written -- and you can watch the two of us write for a handful of messages, and then you can decide if this is you cup of tea. You are welcome to join in at any moment and -- cross my fingers against it -- if you decide it isn't for you, just let me know.

Howdy. I'm interested in joining if you're still looking for writers. I have a Discord so using that format is no problem for me. Hope to hear back!

This is on hold. My mother had a stroke, and I'm finding that taking care of her is consuming my every moment. I'm a mama's boy through and through. I will come back to this as soon as I can, I promise.

This is on hold. My mother had a stroke, and I'm finding that taking care of her is consuming my every moment. I'm a mama's boy through and through. I will come back to this as soon as I can, I promise.
Sorry to hear. I hope everything turns out all good in the end. And I totally gotcha. I'm a mama's boy through and through too. Take your time. I'll be around.

Back