Seeking writers for EPIX "War of the Worlds" role play

AmyRoberts

Experienced
I am watching the 2019-21 "War of the Worlds" television series on EPIX and am really enjoying it, so much so that I have begun a role play based on the premise.

Edit (7/9/2021) -- I'm not entirely certain yet whether this role play will entirely follow the series or go off on a wild tangent. We'll see.

THIS IS NOT A SEXUAL ROLE PLAY, though, I am not at all against there being sexual interactions between characters. I would like such scenes to be very short, though. PM me for more about this if you wish.

Since I am the hostess, please submit your basic character/situation ideas to me first, just so that we are on the same page.

Also, since I am the hostess and ultimately responsible for the role play's success, I am willing to create a character to interact with each of your characters if you cannot find another writer to interact with you.

<> <> <> <> <> <> <>​

Sequence of events during the role play

Characters submitted:
  • Written by AmyRoberts:
  • Written by KyleReevis:
    • Connor O'Riley, Staff Sergeant, US Army (Adjutant to Major Cooper) -- in the Rockies west of Denver.
    • Gregory Washington, Emergency Room Nurse -- Downtown Denver.
  • Written by DeadManTyping:
    • Mateo, Founder/Operator, "The Association" (an underground railroad for "UnDocs", undocumented immigrants) -- Downtown Denver.

Last edited:
Constance "Connie" Roberts

Constance "Connie" Roberts -- additional pic, with sidearm

Physical Description:
  • 26 years old
  • 5'8", 130#, 35B-25-36 inches; physically fit, strong with endurance.
  • Short, brunette hair (reaches her shoulders, barely); hazel-green eyes.

Personality:
  • Confident, strong-willed, head-strong.
  • Has leadership qualities.
  • Empathetic to others, even those she doesn't know well.
  • Bisexual.

Pre-Attack History:
  • Grew up on a ranch outside of Denver, Colorado (USA)
  • She was the only daughter of John and Carla Roberts.
  • She had two older brothers, William and James.
  • As female and the youngest child, she was doted on by her parents and terrorized by her brothers: she grew up one tough girl.
  • Didn't really date much as a teen: she didn't trust boys and her parents would have pitched a fit to find out she also liked girls.
  • While at University getting a BS in Agricultural Studies, she had one lasting relationship with a man and another with a woman.
  • Finished her degree and returned home to work on the ranch.

Day of the Attack:
  • Connie and her parents had been following the developing story closely.
  • Her brothers were in Texas buying stock animals.
  • Her parents went to town for supplies as she buttoned up the ranch, unsure of whether or not they were safe.
  • The Emergency Broadcast System announced that an attack was imminent.
  • Per their established plan, Connie headed for an old abandoned mine on the property, where she waited for her parents.

Post-Attack:
  • Her parents didn't make it to the mine.
  • When Connie emerged from the cave later that day and ventured around on her favored horse, all she found were dead people.
  • I'm sure she will find someone alive.

Kimberly "Kimmie" Peters

Physical Description:
  • 18 years old
  • 5'4", 110#, 33B-23-36; nice body with firm, shapely tits, pert dark nipples, and a great, full ass.
  • Brunette hair down to midback; dark brown eyes.
  • Tattoos (yet to be described).

Personality:
  • Strong-willed, head-strong, but lacking confidence.
  • Sexual molestation (9-11; no penetration) effects her greatly.
  • Sexually active (age 13 onward).
  • Empathetic toward other abuse victims.
  • Desperate for connection to others; often plays out as sexual interaction.
  • Doesn't consider herself gay/bisexual yet still has sex with women when there is something to be gained.

Pre-Attack History:
  • She was an only child of a single mother.
  • When she was 9, her mother married a man who began molesting her; touching and kissing but no penetration. (Her mother knew.)
  • Step-father went to prison for other charges.
  • The mental effects of being sexually molested led to Kimmie becoming sexually active from age 13 onward.
  • Her mother remarried when Kimmie was 16.
  • At barely 18, she was caught getting high and getting fucked on the couch while her 6 month old brother was crying in his crib in the very same room.
  • She was kicked out.
  • She thought her same aged boyfriend would take her in.
  • His 6 roommates nixed that idea: they lived in a 2 bedroom apartment.
  • One roomie offered his bed to her if she fucked him. She declined.
  • She bounced between the homes and apartments of friends, acquaintances, and strangers; she often had sex to pay her way
  • She begged her mother to take her back. Her step-father agreed to her return if she started servicing him like she was half the guys in Denver
  • Kimmie declined and moved into an abandoned building popular with junkies and other runaways.
  • She made a home in the bathroom of an 11th floor apartment and supported herself via drug sales, theft, and prostitution.

Day of the Attack:
  • She heard the news of the upcoming attack and the warning to get to safety underground.
  • Kimmie and 3 others hid in the building's basement bomb shelter.
  • She emerged hours later to find bodies of squatters all about the lobby and dozens, possibly hundreds of dead littering the street.

Post-Attack:

Thank you for allowing me to join your role play. I have been away for some time, but am eager to reengage.

I'd like to write 2 characters: a subordinate to the army officer about whom you spoke to me in PM, and a civilian, perhaps a doctor or nurse, who survived in the bomb shelter of a Denver hospital.

I will create profiles and post them today. (I'm going to steal your profile template because it is so "to the point".

Connor O'Riley -- nicknames include Cori (C.O'Ri) and Red.

Location: West of Denver, Colorado (USA), in a US Army bunker

Physical Description:
  • 26 years old
  • 5'10", 175#, fit.
  • Auburn red hair, worn regulations length but with a bit of stylish flip from the part.
  • Gray-blue eyes.

Personality:
  • Quiet but not introverted; he simply doesn't speak a great deal until spoken to first.
  • Extremely organized; almost anal about his work.
  • Believe it or not, he's still a virgin at 26, unless you count the time his friends paid a hooker to blow him.
  • Empathetic towards others.
  • Infatuated with his commanding officer, Major "Maddy" Cooper, but aware that nothing could ever happen between them.

Pre-Attack History:
  • He was the youngest of 6 children from a strict, church going Catholic household.
  • Most of his siblings -- male and female alike -- joined the US Army, as had their father and grandfather before them.
  • He rose quickly through the ranks to become Major Cooper's Adjutant.
  • During his 8 years of service, Connor lost 2 siblings to combat deaths, 1 to an accident in the battle zone, 1 to an auto accident Stateside, and 1 (the eldest) to cancer.
  • His last surviving sibling was overseas with an Aid Agency when the alien arrival occurred. Connor is out of contact with that sister.

Day of the Attack:
  • He was on duty, of course.
  • He organized the placement of the survivors who reached The Hole.

Last edited:
"Sequence of Events"

IC Thread Link

5 July 2022 -- The day of the alien attack
  • Outside Denver, Colorado:
    • Constance "Connie" Roberts, survives by hiding in an abandoned silver mine of her family's ranch. She is accompanied by a ranch hand, Javier, and his family: his wife Maria and their three young children, Joseph, Julia, and Emilia.
    • Javier heads for town to look for Connie's parents in the only vehicle they could get to start, a restored 1969 Ford pickup truck; the electronic ignitions of the newer vehicles -- cars, trucks, tractors, ATVs -- were all fried by the alien technology.
    • Although they don't know this yet, Connie and Maria will never see Javier alive again.
  • Downtown Denver, Colorado:
    • In downtown Denver, Kimberly "Kimmie" Peters, a barely 18 year old junkie and sometimes whore, and Gregory Washington, an emergency room nurse at Saint Joseph's Hospital, survive with 2 others in the basement of an abandoned commercial building they simply call The Squat.
    • When they emerge, one of their fellow survivors runs off. The remaining three hear automatic gunfire in the distance and run for the hospital.
    • They come across another survivor, Vicki Parker, who with 30 others -- half staff, half patients -- survived in the hospital's underground shelter.
    • Doctor Taylor, a neurologist, is the most senior staff member and has taken charge.
    • Vicki aids Kimmie with her drug withdrawals and puts her to work as an impromptu nurse.
    • The hospital is being searched for other survivors, but none are being found.
  • West of Denver, in the Rocky Mountains:
    • Major Madeline "Maddy" Cooper, her Adjutant Staff Sergeant Connor O'Riley, and others survive in a Government Bunker that had been designed and maintained for this very purpose.
    • Generally referred to as the Hole, it was designed to sustain up to 100 people for as long as 3 years.
    • 90 men, women and children made it to the Hole before the doors were closed:
      • 8 Permissibles -- These are the important people on a list of those permitted to be here.
      • 12 respective family members/friends/associates of the Permissibles
      • 20 of Maddy's subordinates, mostly military but also a few civilian contractors. (102 had been on the list. The rest either hadn't made it or hadn't tried.)
      • 20 family members/friends/associates of Maddy's subordinates.
      • 30 Strays (or Others as Maddy requested they be called for now) -- These were people who were aware of the supposedly Top Secret site's location.

Last edited:
Major Madeline "Maddy" Cooper -- Major, US Army; Commanding Officer, Special Assignments Group, Company C

Location: Top Secret Location, Rocky Mountains (west of Denver, Colorado, USA)

Physical Description:
  • 26 years old
  • 5'8", 38D-27-36, 142#; muscular (body builder but not too much so)
  • Tattoos (to be described later)
  • Scars (to be described later)

Personality:
  • Strong-willed, head-strong; very confident.
  • Sexually aggressive but very selective about her lovers; hasn't had many.
  • Doesn't consider herself lesbian or bisexual, but she has played around with FxF, FxFxM, and FxMxM situations for the fun of it.

Pre-Attack History:
  • She was the youngest of 5 children, with 3 older brothers and a younger sister.
  • Her parents were both US Army.
  • Her mother was killed in combat when Maddy was 16, encouraging her to join up at 18.
  • Her father, a Colonel, retired as after 30 years. He used his influence to get her command of her current unit, something she suspects but wasn't specifically told.
  • She hasn't previously had a physical relationship with Army members, keeping her professional and personal lives separate.
  • She has a lustful interest in one of her subordinates, Staff Sergeant Connor O'Riley, in which she doesn't believe she would ever indulge. She will. Trust me.

Her Command: "The Hole"
  • Her place of command is a Government/Military bunker in the Rockies to the west of Denver.
  • It was designed to sustain up to 100 people for as long as 3 years with no connection to or communication with the outside world. It was designed with exterior cameras and microphones, but those all went dark the day of the alien attack.
  • The men and women on the list of permitted occupants -- actually called Permissibles -- included people from the military, government, and private sector.
  • She wasn't enthused about the private sector Permissibles on the list before the alien attack, and she isn't enthused about it now either. (For an example, see this post (IC #8) regarding a confrontation between Maddy and a Colorado Senator.
  • More below.

Day of the Attack:
  • She had been getting almost hourly updates on the alien situation.
  • The day of the attack, she sent her teams out as necessary to gather the Permissibles and their authorized family, friends, and associates. Other Permissibles who knew the bunkers location came on their own. Still others who knew of the supposedly top secret bunker's location showed up at the gates, too. These people have for lack of a better word been termed Strays.
  • In all, 90 people[/i] were initially housed in the Hole. (For more on this number, see this link, OOC post #6.)

Post-Attack:

Mateo (no last name)

Physical Description:
  • 24 years old.
  • Uncertain, mixed ethnic heritage; Hispanic and Maori for certain.
  • 5'6", 155#, muscular, fit.
  • Lots of tattoos but they are all hidden under his jeans and short sleeved shirts.

Personality:
  • Puts on a confident front, but it is a mask.
  • He has always been unsure of his past, present, and future.
  • Although he is 3rd generation American, he has become very aware of the mixed heritage of his ethnicity: he had Maori on his mother's side, Hispanic on his fathers, but neither of them talked about their racial pasts, wishing instead only to think of themselves as Americans.
  • He did become fluent in Spanish, and while he wanted to learn his mother's Maori language, she wouldn't teach him and there were no resources available to him in Denver at a young age to learn it easily.
  • To be honest, much of his feelings of insecurity are of his own making because he wanted to be seen as and live as a minority. (He's got a chip on his shoulder about race because no matter how hard his parents worked to get ahead, they never rose out of poverty.)
  • He can be very aggressive, as a defensive mechanism.
  • A true leader, even if it is with a gang.
  • Sexually confident; likes all women regardless of age, race, etc.

Pre-Attack History:
  • Grew up the son of an abandoned mother in a poor, crime ridden, ethnically diverse neighborhood of Denver.
  • He had two older brothers and both a younger brother and sister.
  • At 12, his older brothers lured him into a street gang.
  • He was selling drugs and committing other crimes until his arrest for manslaughter at 15.
  • After reaching 18 and being released, he began what he called the Association. It was a gang in the eyes of the Law as it was believed that its main source of income was drug sales. But behind the scenes, Mateo's people were primarily running an Underground Railroad for undocumented LatinX immigrants.

Day of the Attack:
  • He, two Association members, and three Undocs were in a subbasement safehouse when the alien attack killed everyone.
  • I would like one of the UnDocs to be an adult age female with whom he can become involved. Takers?

Post-Attack:
  • I haven't posted in the IC yet.

NOTE: I stole your profile format, too. Hope that's okay.

Adriana Cabello

Physical Description:
  • 19 years old
  • 5'4", 110#, 32A-22-32; petite.
  • Straight, brunette hair (reaches her waist); brown eyes.

Personality:
  • Confident, strong-willed, head-strong.
  • Submissive to people of power; she's been manipulated and misused all her life.
  • Empathetic to others.
  • Reluctantly willing to let others use her body if she benefits; not happy about it, but it is what it is.

Pre-Attack History:
  • Adriana was no stranger to having men take from her what they wanted.
  • Gang members killed her father and took her mother and older sister into sexual slavery when she was 9.
  • She'd been raped as a young teen, then again a few years later.
  • An older man who took care of her family financially for a few years took her as his lover shortly after her 13th birthday.
  • She was passed around between three gang members from age 15 to 17.
  • On her trek north from El Salvador to the Mexico-US border, she'd either been raped or compensated for her services half a dozen times.
  • An Association member in Texas fucked her as part of her payment for their muling service, which was highly against the organizations policies on respectful treatment of their charges.
  • She'd left Tucson for Denver in the backend of an appliance delivery truck.

Day of the Attack:
  • She arrived at the Association safehouse in Denver the day of the alien attack.
  • There, she met Mateo and -- fearing he might not protect her -- offered him sex.

Post-Attack:

Gregory Washington, Emergency Room Nurse

Physical Description:
  • 28 years old
  • 6'2", 195#, fit with a tight body.
  • Black hair, worn short; light brown eyes.

Personality:
  • Serious, confident.
  • Intelligent, well educated.
  • Empathetic towards others, but demanding, too; no one gets something for nothing.

Pre-Attack History:
  • He was the oldest of 4 children raised by a single mom who worked 2-3 jobs most of her life until she killed during a mugging at 44.
  • She wanted him to become a Doctor, but he couldn't make the time commitment because of helping to raise his siblings. He became a nurse instead.
  • Most of his siblings were either married and in other cities or states or were in college elsewhere when the attack came. (I'll fill in the details if I write about them later on.)
  • He worked in the Saint Joseph's Hospital Emergency Room 4 days a week and often spent the other 3 days helping the homeless and residents of a variety of shelters.

Day of the Attack:
  • He was at an abandoned building known as the Squat, tending to the minor ailments/injuries of the squatters there.
  • When he got a tweet that an attack was imminent, he and others hurried to the basement of the building.

Post-Attack:

Back