Say Your Piece

JayJams78

Really Experienced
Say Your Piece - a poetic challenge

It was recently pointed out that, no matter how well crafted and presented on paper, there is a force behind a well performed spoken piece if poetry that isn't there on the page. So I would like to HEAR your work read aloud or performed as spoken word pieces, to hear them in your voice as you read them.

This is a thread that will be in both the Author's Hangout and the Poet's board because I think there are those in both who would enjoy contributing, listening, and giving their feedback.

So get the work or works you think best translate to spoken performance and say your piece. I'm certain there are many waiting to listen.

Last edited:
I will start the thread with one of my performance pieces that is kind of a showcase piece for me. Obviously, this is a work that is mine and I hold all copyrights on it. Please do not copy, reproduce, or rebroadcast this on any platform without my expressed permission. Enjoy.

Death by Whispers

https://voca.ro/1I7HYBuByifY

We actually have a couple of threads for audio poetry already if you or anyone else would like to check them out:

Let's Hear it for the Poets: for reading one's own poetry or the poetry of a fellow Lit member (with permission)

and

Let's Hear it for the Non-Lit Poets

Thanks Calli! There's some terrific audio poetry in those threads. Some stuff has been removed for publication but lots remains.

Jay, you might want to check out the sticky thread Here There Be Challenges to see some of the more popular challenge threads on the forum. :rose:

It's good they are there. I honestly believe that, if the discipline has been put in, poetry is truly the highest form of literary art (sorry, all you prose perps out there - this is just one poet's opinion) and an art that raises the worth of what Lit does for the online world. And that poetry, not just read but performed well... That's powerful!

So I think we need multiple threads dedicated to the theme. After all, if we can have several dedicated to what naughtiness one would do with or to the person above or below them - and those are fin - we certainly can dedicate a few to our art and craft. Right?

There is a slight difference in this thread. It's not asking for others' poetry, just yours. And ideally this isn't just reading it, it's delivering it with all the passion with which you wrote it. It is essentially, not a reading written poetry thread, but a delivering spoken word art thread.

So once again guys, please step up and share. I've given you one of my personal favorites here, one of my best. Id love to hear what you have.

Back