Saloon Girl-Closed

Perplexia

Romance embellisher
Silver Lace Saloon and brothel, stood on the outskirts of a small town in Wyoming. Ginger Malone was brought up the youngest of six, and the only girl. She was taught how to survive in the wilderness, shoot a gun and skin anything. The land had been in her family since her pa had purchased it. Her family was long since gone between the Indians and choosing the wrong side of the law. She built up the saloon and brothel and made it every bit of what it was today.

When she was about fifteen she had been married to an older man who had the bug for gold. After only having to share his bed twice he went off to California leaving his young wife with her family. A few months later she received notice that he had been killed in a mining accident.

Now at 25 she owned and ran one of the finest brothels in the west. Men would come for miles around for the taste of her whores pleasures. She kept them clean and provided their checkups housing a doctor on premises. The 5'5 busty red head with emerald eyes, appeared to strangers as delicate and fragile. Some thought a strong wind could blow her over. But the little firecracker wasn't a pushover and earned the reputation quickly to not be messed with.

The only one that seemed to not get the message was Henry Oldin. He was a land owner that believed in taking what he wanted rather then asking for permission. He had first tried winning her over by offering her a spot as his mistress with promise of riches beyond her dreams. When that didn't work he tried to bully her by sending some of his men over to cause damage to her place. That resulted in two dead, and three wounded and humiliated men that were sent back strapped over their horses with their pants down around their ankles.

His latest attempt at rattling her cage was having one of his men trap one of her girls in town and rape and kill her. That was the final straw for Ginger Malone. Reaching out to one of her contacts she let it be known she was looking for a special type of help for her saloon. She needed someone that was clever, fast thinking, possessed self control, and was not picky about working for a woman.
Word got back to her that the specific man she was looking for had been found and would there soon.

Ginger stood back looking at the long wooden mahogany bar with its elegantly carved three mirrored arches.
She loved the way the wood looked after a deep cleaning. A few of her male staff were stocking it up with the latest shipment of liqueur that came in. Nothing about this Saloon was cheap.

It had been a few days since she received word that her offer had been accepted. Now she waited for him to show up.

Jackson meets Ginger

Jackson Anderson age 28 and civil war veteran
https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2usrA7wr1rwsdnto1_500.jpg

Jackson Anderson rode into the small town in Wyoming on his black stallion, Midnight, looking for a barkeep who had some difficulties with a local land baron. Riding down the dusty main street, he saw the usual shops that inhabited towns and cities all over the west. People walking on the wooden walks in front of stores, turned their heads, watching the stranger. Passing the hotel, he decided to wait to check in and continued to the livery stable. At the livery, the blacksmith was putting new shoes on a horse and smiled when Jackson got off his horse. They talked for a few minutes about putting up his horse and feeding him while he was in town. Jackson smiled at the end of their negotiations when the man didn’t ask what his business was in town. But when Jackson asked the blacksmith where the Silver Lace Saloon was located, the muscular man chuckled and pointed down the dusty street to a building at the edge of town, telling him he would find more than whiskey at the establishment. Jackson told him he would pick up his saddle bag after he took care of business at the saloon.

Walking toward the saloon, Jackson thought the town was like so many of the towns he frequented since he killed the Union Colonel who shot his father. He was the son of a Confederate general on the wrong side of war and Jackson had fought alongside his dad and brother. His brother was killed in one of the last skirmishes of the war and it broke his dad’s heart. When they returned home, his father, Addison Anderson, found that his wife died during a raid on his plantation. The home that had been in the family for generations was now confiscated by a Union Army Colonel who told him he had no right to his plantation. A fight broke out and the Union Colonel drew a pistol and shot his father. Jackson saw the skirmish and before his father died in his arms, he shot the Colonel between the eyes. Jackson had to run as the Colonel’s men came running and from that day on, Jackson was a man without a home and a man with a price on his head.

Knowing he could never go back home, he roamed the countryside finding work as a farmhand, breaking horses, and doing chores. At one farm in Colorado, the owner was robbed by one of his employees. Jackson told the farmer he would get his money back. Tracking the man down, he killed him in a fight and took what was left of the money back to the owner. He was so pleased that Jackson didn’t run off with his money he gave him a bonus. When one of the farmer’s neighbor had some problems with cattle rustlers, he asked Jackson if he could help him. Jackson took the job, returning a few weeks with the cattle. When asked what happened to the three rustlers, he smiled and said they wouldn’t have to worry about them anymore. The insinuation was he killed them and Jackson, at the age of 28 and a well-developed physique, gained a reputation as a man who could get sensitive things done without involving the law.

As he neared the saloon, he remembered how the old farmer had gotten word about a female barkeep and brothel owner was having trouble with a land baron by the name of Henry Oldin who wanted her land. Jackson listened to the details about how one of the girls was raped and killed and could he maybe look into the situation. He decided to pay a visit to the saloon and brothel and talk to the owner about the problem. The old farmer told him the owner was willing to pay handsomely to rid herself of the menacing land baron. Jackson thought about the request for a few days and then told he farmer to pass along to the right people that he would look into the matter.

Stepping onto the wooden walk as the daily stagecoach rolled by, he looked over the swing doors into the dimly lit saloon. Some of the girls from the brothel were sitting with prospective clients. The well-worn piano sat off to one side, waiting for someone to tap the keys. Behind the bar, the bartender was wiping down the top in front of a man, talking to him while the man nodded in some kind of agreement. Off to the side was two men unloading liqueur from boxes onto the shelves on a very ornate mahogany bar. A good looking woman stood nearby instructing the men where to put the different bottles.

When he walked into the saloon, every head turned in his direction as he headed to the bar. The bartender smiled and when he got to the bar, asked what he wanted to drink. “I’ll have a shot of whiskey,” Jackson said and then added. “Can you tell me where I can find the owner, Ginger Malone?”

The bartender smiled as he picked up a bottle of whiskey. He glanced down at the end of the bar to the woman instructing the men as if waiting for an ok. Jackson looked in her direction, seeing the short busty red head watching him with wary eyes. Then she barely nodded her head and the bartender said, “Ms. Malone is at the end of the bar.”

“Thank you.” Throwing a silver dollar onto the bar top, he picked up the shot of whiskey and downed it in one swallow. The familiar burning felt good after a long dusty ride and then he turned and walked to the end of the bar seeing that her eyes never left his.

“Ma’am ….. the name’s Jackson Anderson and I understand you and I need to discuss a possible employment opportunity.”

Ginger watched the stranger walk in and kept an eye on his movements. It was possible that Oldin hired his own gunman to take care of her. She was a bit on edge so it was always safe to be cautious. When he walked over to her she observed the confident stride. She watched how he held himself and where his hands lay. From all of her brief observances it was safe to say he meant no malice.

"I'm Ginger Malone" she said quite firmly holding out her hand to him. Her attention was thwarted for a moment. She said "Excuse me one moment" and walked quickly over to one of the clients. "Jimmy Holden, do not make me tell you again that there is no touching without payment. My girls are not your entertainment unless you pay for them to be so. In which case you'll pay and go to a room. This isn't a low class whore house, don't disrespect me and my girls by treating it as such."

"yes Maam" he said apologetically removing his hat and pulling out his payment for the girl he was with. "Take him to a room Charice".

She walked back over to the stranger "Please excuse the interruption, if you would please follow me to my office and we'll discuss the opportunity I have for you."

Ginger led him back to her office that held a large oak desk with a couple of book cases and some chairs. "Please take a seat."

Holding out her hand again she said "I'm Ginger Malone proprietor of the Silver Lace." She waited for him to response with his name before she continued.

"No doubt the farmer has apprised you of our situation?" She waited for a response before continuing.

The job pays well plus you get free drinks, a room, and a whore if you wish one. All of which are to be enjoyed on your off time of course. What are your plans for rectifying my dilemma?"

Jackson and Ginger talk business

Jackson smirked when Ginger let for a few moments to admonish a customer. The man must have been a regular the way he answered Ginger, forking over the money and then leaving with the girl she called Charice. He noted how the young woman looked at him as her and the customer got up from the table. She was well developed as all the girls seemed to be. As she walked past Jackson with her customer in tow, she winked at him. An indication she liked what she saw.

Following the busty owner into a back room that served as her office, Jackson noticed the piles of petticoats she was wearing and wondered for a moment what she looked like without all the frilly material. When she offered him a seat he could tell she was all business just like she handled he young man a few minutes ago.

Taking a seat in the old oak chairs, the sound of creaking fill the room when he sat down. "Please to meet you ma'am. Jackson Anderson," he replied taking her small hand into his large paw, gently shaking it. He could tell by the firmness of her grip, she was not your normal sweet soft woman. He got the impression she had seen hard times and was a woman who knew what she wanted.

"I do have some of the particulars ma'am," he responded wondering how she knew it was a farmer who gave him the information. The farmer was pretty discrete about telling anyone, but then again there are rumors and Jackson put the question to the back of his mind to ask at a later date. There was more important things to discuss.

Folding his hands in his lap, he listened to Ginger outline the benefits, well paid, free drinks, a room, and a whore if he wanted one. He let out a soft chuckle when she mentioned whore. Thinking of the girl named Charice for a moment and then he wondered if the owner had her own clients and if she was available. But she was asking him how he was going to rectify her situation.

"Well ma'am ..... let me start out by thanking you for the room. I appreciate you putting me up while I'm here on business. From what my contact told me, this is not going to be an easy task. You know in and out right away. So I suggest you tell everyone that I am a new hire and I can do odd jobs or take care of rowdy customers. Then people won't be so suspicious why I'm here for longer than a few days." He saw her nod and then push stands of red hair behind her ear.

"I have to find out where this scoundrel lives and plan my strategy accordingly. I don't just walk up to them. I need to know all I can about your Mr. Oldin." He saw eyes never waving from him as he talked.

"But I don't go on hearsay Ms. Malone. I need you to tell me what happened and why it's so important. And Ms. Malone, what is you want me to do with this Mr. Oldin and the thugs he sent to kill one of your girls? Do you want him totally removed from your life?" There was no doubt to the meaning of his words. Jackson was never one to do something on a rumor and he wanted to hear it from her own lips.

Ginger listened as he talked. He was well spoken and she could tell her girls were already in a frenzy over his handsome looks. "You're welcome" she responded about the room.

She heard him ask for particulars and nodded. "This property has been in my family since i was born Mr. Jackson." she said lightly. Its only about ten acres, and I've built this Saloon and brothel with my own hands with the money that was left to me by my late husband many many years ago.

The popularity of my Saloon and Brothel has extended through many territories. Some will come for days at a time, others will simply go out of their way to stop by. It contributes well to the growing of this town. It's on the outskirts so the church women are happy as well. Mr. Oldin, owns a good amount of property in town. He wants to own my land as well. He also owns the law in this town.

His first offer was for me to be his mistress, since that wasn't an option, he attempted to send some men in to break up the place. That also didn't go according to his plan. So now he is trying to frighten off my girls by having one raped and murdered.

My girls are made of tougher stuff then most. But now they have been restricted to the grounds for their safety. Shifting slightly in her chair she continued. "Mr. Oldin is a man that believes he has the right to whatever he wants at whatever cost. He feels he has the money for it, that should be all that's required. His mistake is that i'm not a whore, I'm not for sale, and neither is my property."

Her nostrils flared slightly as talking about him made her rage boil. "If there were a peaceful solution to this I would go that route. However, Mr. Oldin is a cancer on this town. He is greatly despised and i'm not the first he's tried this with. I'm only the first that has stood up to him. I grew up with six brothers Mr. Jackson. I don't get bullied. If that means i have to shed some blood to defend what is lawfully mine then that is what i'll do."

Reaching in her drawer she pulled out a stack of letters and handed them to Mr. Jackson. "In here you will find the list of demands he's given me as well as the threats if i didn't comply in Mr. Oldin's own hand. I've already taken them to the sheriff and he told me that it was a personal dispute and that I couldn't prove that it was his or his man that killed my whore. I believe in an eye for an eye Mr. Jackson. I would rather it not be mine that's next. Around here folks refer to me as Ms. Ginger, It's a bit more personal given the ambiance of my establishment."

Pulling out an envelope with 100 dollars inside she placed it on the desk in front of him. "If you accept the job that's your first installment or consider it a weeks wages if you like. I don't expect that this deed will tie back to me or my establishment in anyway. The sheriff won't be too happy when his payroll is decreased by the loss of Mr. Oldin."

"Ginger Malone" yelled a gruff voice from the belly of the saloon. Ginger rolled her eyes and rose up. "one moment please".

"Lawrence McGuire, what did i tell you about bellowing for me like a stuck cow?"

"Woman, I have come.. why did i come" he was obviously drunk as usual "I have come to make you my wife."

Ginger smirked "When you can go a year without a drink we'll talk about it. Until then get off my property before i give you a repeat of the last time i kicked you out"

Some of the girls and patrons laughed having been here for the show. "But Ginger I love. love.. love you. I will give you everything I have."

"You have a shack that's falling apart and a horse on it's last leg. I think i'll pass. Now off with you." Placing a hand on her shoulder trying to pull him toward her caused the room to go silent. Grabbing a hold of his arm she bent it back and kneed him square in the groin.

"Out I said or i'll do it again"

Grabbing a hold of his groin and shoulder he hobbled out the swaying doors.

The room went back to its noise and she stepped back in the office. "How much time will you need to make your decision?" She asked Mr. Jackson as if nothing just happened.

Jackson accepts the offer from Ginger

As Jackson waited for Ginger to tell him about her issue with the land baron, he saw numerous books on the shelves behind her thinking she was well read as well as well as good looking. Listening to her tell of her family and Mr. Oldin, gave him the impression she was not going to stand idly by while someone tried to take something near and dear to her heart. She told him how she built the saloon and brothel into a profitable business and he was surprised to learn that it was not a local business but catered to many men throughout the western territories. But she also had roots in the town and Jackson got the impression she was going to fight to the last breath to defend what was hers. Most of the women he met in the past would cave in to the likes of this man but not her. From the way she treated her customer a few minutes ago about not paying, told him she was not going to let anyone run over her.

When she spoke of Mr. Oldin, he saw her nostrils flare and her face reddened in anger with every word she spoke. She made him out to be an egotistical man who thought everyone should bow down to his every whim. Jackson had met other men who wanted, no craved attention and control. Most of them had their comeuppance when they tried to control everything and Jackson got the feeling that Ginger and a number of town folk were to that point. If left untended he would become so strong that it would be hard to stop his desire to control and own all the land as well as the people. Jackson was a little concerned about her comment that he owned the law. He would need to be careful how he interacted with the law. In this case, he could not simply go to the sheriff and have a warrant sworn out against Mr. Oldin.

He smiled when she handed him a stack of letters. Scanning each page quickly as Ginger told him about the sheriff, it became very clear that Henry Oldin was a brash and demanding man. The fact that he put the offer of her becoming his mistress on paper in exchange for her land, would hold up in any court back east. But this is the west he reminded himself and sometimes people did not play by the rules. She was determined to keep her land and that was why he was here. Then she handed him an envelope containing $100. He quickly thumbed through the bills and then when she told him she didn’t want this coming back on her, he knew she wanted Mr. Henry Oldin dead so he would not be in a position to threaten her or anyone else for that matter. He nodded and told her just before they got interrupted, “Nothing I do will come back to haunt you ma’am ….. I mean Ms. Ginger.”

Jackson smiled as Ginger left the office and confronted the man who wanted her hand in marriage. He was a older man with a weathered face from life in the west and too much whiskey. Jackson surmised that the man had been after Ginger for a long time and from the way the patrons smirked and laughed, this was a scene repeated many time in the past. He wondered if he and Ginger had, at one time, gotten between the sheets and ever since then the man was in love with her after he had a taste of her womanly charms. He grimaced when Ginger kneed the man in the groin, hearing the agonizing sound of pain coming from the man’s lips.

When she turned back to Jackson, who was watching everything unfold from the door, he stepped past him and back into the office. She offered no explanation why the man was so much in love with her, asking how much time he would need to make his decision."

Looking down at the feisty bar owner, he saw a determination in her eyes that he rarely had seen in a woman. She was all business but he also got the feeling that she was one hell of a firecracker in bed. “I don’t need any more time Ms. Ginger,” he said taking a seat again.

“I’ve seen and heard all I need to know and I’ll accept the opportunity to work for you.” The small smile on her face grew wider as if she was relieved to find someone to stick up for her and the brothel. “I’ll need a few days to survey the land and determine my best approach to solving your dilemma.” He knew better from past experience not to be too specific about what had to be done. One time he mentioned killing a man and it was overheard by one of the man’s friends. Jackson was almost killed when the man attacked him with a knife when he was walking down the street afterwards. The scar on his side is testament to some of the fights he had in the past.

“For right now Ms. Ginger, I would like for you to ride out with me and show me where this Mr. Henry Oldin lives. You know this land much better than I do and anything you can tell me about the terrain would be very helpful. You can also tell me how many men he has working for him. Then I’ll gather my belongings from the livery, you can show me my room and then I would like a nice hot bath and meal. Tomorrow I plan to meet the sheriff just as a personal gesture and tell him I am working for you. That should get the attention of Mr. Oldin.”

Jackson saw her eyes narrow at the mention of Henry Oldin. “Listen Ms. Ginger if I come strolling into town and then something bad happens to Mr. Oldin, they will know it has come directly from you. This has to be handled delicately. Is that ok with you Ms. Ginger?”

Ginger smiled and rose from her chair walking over to him and extended her hand. "good doing business with you Mr. Jackson. Let's get you introduced as my new assistant manager/handyman. I'm sure they're already talking among themselves. Tomorrow I'll take you with me into town i have some supplies that I need to get and I'll make my weekly visit to the sheriffs Office and introduce you. They're all aware I've been looking for a replacement since my old assistant manager moved out to California to look for gold."

She waited for Jackson to rise out of his chair before opening the door. All heads turned their way. "Everyone, Meet Mr. Jackson he's the new assistant manager. We're going to take a ride out to the Old Miller place and we'll be back in a bit. I expect you to take charge in my absence William, We'll be back directly. Have a drink Mr. Jackson while i change."

Ginger headed up the stairs and disappeared. She changed into a pair of mens black pants and a custom made black vest that crossed over and buttoned on the side. The V in the vest gave a view of the top of her firm breasts. She placed on her black leather trench coat an cowgirl hat and boots and came down the stairs.

"We have our own stables here, so feel free to have your horse stay. They are well looked after and exercised daily. It's part of why we get customers that stay for a few days. "Saddle up Thunder and Tiger" she instructed the stable master. When he came back she introduced Jackson as the new assistant manager and that he would probably be bring his own horse in to be stabled.

Once mounted they headed out. She explained that the terrain was pretty flat and told him where to find fresh water if he was out surveying it and needed it. "The Circle O Ranch is quite easy to find. Just follow the telegraph wire. He normally keeps around 8-10 men housed on the grounds, and a couple remain in town as a constant reminder. Since we're out this way i'd like to stop by the Old Miller place. Her husband was killed last year, and though she's to proud to ask, I leave her supplies to keep her eating well."

The took a side trail a ways down from the direction they were headed and dismounted in front of an old log cabin. "Mrs Miller, It's Ginger Malone" She announced to have the door opened for her with a woman that looked weathered in a stained old dress. "This is Jackson Anderson, he'll be my new assistant manager out at the Silver Lace, i may have him stop by a little more often to be sure you're getting along ok." Going to her horse she removed a few things from the saddle bags. "These are some of Millies dresses you may need to take them in a bit but they are in good shape. Here is some flour, some apples, an a pie. Is there anything that you need that i can get for you?"

"No Ms. Ginger, you've given so much, how can i ever repay your kindness."
Ginger smiled sincerely. "You know there is no repayment necessary, you're a part of this town, you deserve to be looked after. I'll have some mending brought to you if you'd like the job. Some of the girls aren't ready to let go of some dresses that have tears in them. I'll of course pay you a fair wage."

"You don't have to pay me Ms. Ginger."
"Nonsense, no arguing about it you know i like to get my way." she smiled again and continued. "Well Mr. Jackson and I will be off. I can't have him slacking in his duties on the first day."

She remounted the horse waved and started back the direction from which they came. She liked the way Jackson fit a horse. He had a good seat, and a firm but gentle hand. It was easy to see why all of the girls were pushing their chests forward and giving him their sweetest smiles.

"I have a feeling Mr. Jackson that you will have my girls at war with each other for your affections. Take care not to break to many hearts" she teased "Shall we go into town and pick up your things?"

Jackson and Ginger ride out towards Oldin's place

Jackson smiled at Ginger when she told him she would introduce him as the new assistant manager/handyman. Nodding when she told him, she would introduce him to the sheriff, he replied, "That would be good Ms. Ginger."

The look on the women's faces amused him when she introduced him to her girls and the bartender. When a few of them bent to gal next to them, whispering and then looking at him with seductive glances, he knew he would have to be careful. They all looked delicious in their dresses and he remembered Ginger's words a few minutes ago about having his pick of any of them.

He sat at a table near the large window so he could look out into the street while his new boss went upstairs to change. The bartender came over and introduced himself as William, bringing him a drink of lukewarm beer. Back east, he once had cold beer when some ingenious guy had a new invention where they put large chunks of ice into a wood cabinet that kept things stored inside cold for a short period of time. The ice was constantly needing to be replenished to keep the contents cold.

He heard some giggling coming from the women but no one approached him. He wondered if they thought the boss had first dibs on him. Sipping his beer, he watched some of the people walking on the street, wondering if and when he would run up against Henry Oldin's men. It had to happen some time and Jackson knew he had to be ready and not let his guard down.

When Ginger came walking down the steps, his eyes lit up. While the women in the bar were dressed for business, Ginger looked absolutely stunning in her black outfit. The softness of her ample cleavage was visible and he wondered if she dressed like that for him or to show off for her girls.

He listened as she talked about the stables and when she told the stable master to saddle up two horses, he almost told her he preferred to ride his own black stallion, Midnight. But he knew his horse needed some rest after the long ride so he freely accepted the horse named Thunder.

Listening carefully to Ginger as she pointed out the terrain and then the direction to Henry Oldin's place called the Circle O Ranch, Jackson looked down the telegraph line next to the railroad rails. He thought how things were changing back east but out here the telegraph lines were something new and were installed along the new "Iron Horse" as some people called the trains. When she mentioned Oldin's men in town, he made a mental note to find out who they were and where they were staying.

The stop at the Old Miller place showed Jackson that Ginger Malone had a soft side to her. He had seen her boss around the staff and take care of a drunk man and now she was giving this widow presents and asking nothing in return. The woman was touched by her generosity but one thing struck Jackson. He wondered if Henry Oldin wanted her property and if so what would do to an old woman just trying to survive.

The old woman smiled at him when Ginger told him he would stop by more often. When Ginger was done, she remounted her horse and they started to travel back to town. He noticed that she would glance over at him, her eyes wandering up and down his torso and wondered if she was interested. But he was getting way ahead of himself, hell he had only met the woman a few hours ago and for all he knew she had a man. He was here on business first and foremost and if the other thing happened, well that would be a bonus.

He laughed when she told him her girls would be at war with each other for his affections. Looking at her in the saddle, he almost blurted out what would it take to get your attention but he simply replied, "I've already seen some of the looks Ms. Ginger."

Riding together down the long main street, all eyes were on them as they made their way to the livery. Two men were sitting in chairs outside the sheriff's office watching them pass by and Jackson wondered if they were Oldin's men. At the livery, he paid the blacksmith for his troubles and took Midnight in tow behind Thunder. He swore ole Midnight didn't like the fact he was riding another horse as he snorted a few times. At the stables, Jackson took his saddlebags and rifle while the stable master got a stall ready for Midnight. From now on he would ride his trusty stead as he went about his business.

When he turned toward the Silver Lace, he saw Ginger looking at him and he swore she had a slight grin on her face. He wondered what she was thinking as he walked toward her. There was no doubt she was a good looking woman but he decided to keep his thoughts to himself for the time being.

"Thanks for putting me up Ms. Ginger. If you could be so kind to show me my room, I would appreciate it," he said as they walked to the brothel. When they walked in, everyone turned, looking at them while they climbed the stairs. Jackson could feel the eyes of all the women looking at him.

The room was small, containing a bed and dresser and a steel bathtub. He put his saddlebags on the bed and looked around the sparse room. "I'd like to get a nice hot bath and then something to eat. Can you have someone bring me up some hot water and do you and the girls eat together or do I need to go to the hotel for a home cooked meal?" Jackson wondered if she would have one of the girls bring the water up or maybe she would do it herself.

Ginger smiled to him. I'll have one of the scour maids get your bath prepared for you. There's a kitchen in the room behind the bar. The cook normally has something ready at all times for the staff to eat. I normally just eat in my office. Enjoy your bath Mr. Jackson, I look forward to working with you." she smiled to him again trying not to check him out.

He was a handsome fellow for certain. But as soon as his job was done he'd be on his way. There was no use getting entangled she reminded herself. Going to the room next door which was her room she went ahead and changed back into her saloon dress.

His door was shut when she came out and she made her way back down to the now buzzing saloon. She made her rounds before returning back to her office. She kept her door open so she could see and hear the dealings. It would be another productive night.

When the piano stopped playing and silence over came the saloon. Ginger looked up. Pulling her gun out of her desk drawer she came out with it drawn and pointed straight at Henry Odin.

"You and your men aren't welcome here and you know it. You are currently trespassing get out" she said with her nostrils blazing.

"I hear you got a new manager, i'd like to offer him a job"

Henry Oldin was a giant man about 45. His features was plain. He was use to getting his own way and found taking what didn't belong to him made him the happiest.

Jackson meets Henry Oldin

"Thanks," Jackson replied when Ginger told him she would send the scour maid up with hot water. When she left, he took out some shirts, pants, and long underwear from his saddlebags and placed them in one of the drawers in the small chest. Taking off his gun belt, he folded it neatly, placing it on the top of the chest of drawers. He looked at the Colt 45 that was becoming more popular in the west. There was a knock on the door, and then the scour maid and one other young woman entered, each of them carrying two buckets of hot water.

"Hi I'm Carrie and this is Angela," the older one announced. She saw him staring at the long scar on the side of her face. "I was attacked by one of Henry Oldin's men some time back and Ms. Ginger took me in and patched me up. I can't be with the men with this scar," she told him, tracing a finger the length of the scar. "This is Angela," she said nodding to the young woman. "Her parents were killed in an Indian raid and Ms. Ginger took her in as if she were one of her own."

"I see," Jackson said, watching the women fill the tub with steaming hot water, thinking about Ginger and how she helped those in need. When they were done, he offered each of them a tip but they politely declined saying Ginger would not like it and she treated them well. "Where is Ms. Ginger now," he asked wondering where his new boss was.

"Ms. Ginger's room is next to yours Mr. Anderson." Her eyes scanned his body as she and Angela started to leave the room. When they opened the door, Carrie turned back to him with a sly smile, "Ms. Ginger said if you leave your dirty clothes outside your door, we will get them cleaned for you."

"Thank you," he said as they left him alone. Stripping off his dirty clothes, Jackson settled into the large iron tub, feeling the hot water soak into his skin. He took his time sitting in the tub thinking about all that had happened today. He met a gorgeous woman who ran a saloon / brothel and while she was rather short, she was not one to be messed with. And on top of that she had a kind heart.

Jackson could hear the piano playing and the sound of the saloon coming alive as the setting sun burned in the western sky. He heard a door slam shut and then footfalls near his door that sounded like high heels. They stopped outside his door and he saw his gun on the dresser and waited for the door knob to turn. Then he heard the sound of the high heels, move on and he wondered if Ginger was outside his door.

The water began to cool down and Jackson got out, dried off, dressed and then thought of getting something to eat. The noise in the saloon was louder, men’s voices carrying to the upper floor. He was looking in the mirror, combing his hair when he heard the piano stop and then a deafening silence. Opening the door to see what was going on, he heard Ginger’s voice yelling at someone. Then a deep voice talked wanted to know about the new manager.

Jackson grabbed his gun belt and quickly put it on and then picked up his trusty rifle. The hairs on the back of his neck were sticking straight up as they did every time he sensed trouble. Walking onto the balcony outside his room, he saw a huge man standing inside the swinging doors and knew he was looking at Henry Oldin. With him were three men who looked like they had seen a lot of trouble and fights in their day. The large man looked up and saw Jackson, smiling, “Come on down here stranger and let’s talk business,” the huge man boomed.

Surveying the room, Jackson didn’t answer the man. There was no need to talk now. Looking down at the crowd he saw Ginger standing in the middle of the room, her gun pointed directly at the man while she glanced up at him. Jackson took his time walking along the balcony to the stairs, his eyes never leaving the big man’s face. He could see everyone in the place watching him as he walked down the wooden stairs, his boots the only sound.

He saw Ginger about ready to speak but he held up his hand and smiled. Turning to the man, Jackson gave him a courtesy smile. “I don’t think we have had the pleasure. I’m Jackson Anderson and I’m the new manager for Ms. Ginger. Who are you and how can I help you?”

The big man looked at Jackson square in the eyes and then let out a loud bellowing laugh. “You got yourself a good looking man Ginger. I’m Henry Oldin and I run the Circle “O” ranch and own a hell of a lot of property. What I say goes around these here parts.” The man glanced at Ginger and added. “I bet you have one hell of a time in bed with your new stud.” His men snickered as Henry let out another loud laugh at his own joke.

Ginger’s face turned red with anger and she was about to say something when Jackson turned to her. “Let me handle this ma’am.” He needed to show her and everyone else he was capable of handling these types of situations. Turning back to Henry Oldin, he snickered. “What brings you here tonight?”

“I heard Ginger hired a new manager and I’m prepared to offer you twice what she is paying you to come work for me,” he said holding out his hand as if wanting to shake Jackson’s hand.

Jackson ignored the gesture. “What makes you think I want to work for you?”

“Because I own just about anything around here and soon I’m going to own this place. I’m already working on buying the Miller place from the widow Miller.” His eyes narrowed and he looked at Ginger.

Jackson could see that Ginger was fuming mad and was about say something but Jackson quickly interjected. “The place is not for sale at any price. Ms. Ginger has the rights to the land the widow Miller owns. I saw her sign the papers today,” he lied. “As for me working for you. There is not a chance in hell working for you. Ms. Ginger was kind enough to offer me a job when I needed one and I don’t take kindly to people thinking they can just walk in here as if they own the place.”

“Listen boy you don’t know what you are saying. You buck me and there is hell to pay.”

“I’ve seen shit like you in the war,” he said and then looked at Ginger. “I believe that Ms. Ginger asked you to leave.” Pulling his rifle up and cradling it in his arm, he saw the three men put their hands on the butt of their guns. “Don’t try it boys. I believe Ms. Ginger and I won’t hesitate to shoot.” He heard Ginger’s gun cock and the men withdrew their hands from their guns.

“I think Ms. Ginger asked you to leave nicely.”

“You haven’t heard the last of me,” he grumbled as he backed out the swinging doors.

Turning to the crowd, Jackson announced, “Ok everyone one back to drinking and playing cards.”

The piano player began hitting the keys and he turned to Ginger. “I hope I didn’t step on your toes Ms. Ginger.” He saw her smiled and then he added, “We need to ride out to the Miller place first thing tomorrow morning and have her sign some paper giving you rights to represent her.” He rubbed his stomach. “I’m hungry. Where can a man get some food around here? And one more thing.” He saw her eyes searching his. “Can I call you Ginger and leave off the Ms.? Seems pretty formal to me if we are sleeping together,” he laughed.

Last edited:
Ginger was thankful she had a poker face or her mouth would have dropped a couple of times when Jackson handled Oldin and his men. Other then herself she had never seen anyone piss off Oldin so gracefully. It got her mind churning about the possibilities of offering Jackson a permanent job once Odin was out of their lives for good.

It had been a very long time since anyone stood up for her. It was a very odd sensation to have someone take the reins. Still in a bit of shock she told him "no you did a great job. You make a wonderful assistant manager."

"you can call me Ginger in private, since we're sleeping together that will be quite often" she joked back. Taking his arm she smiled "You've earned your meal, let me escort you to the kitchen and we'll eat together"

She had the cook make him up a heaping plate of fried chicken, potatoes and biscuits. Her plate was much smaller, being as busy as she was she found little time to sit down and enjoy a good meal.

"I'm just throwing this out there, for you to think about. You have a natural sense of how things ought to be run. I have a feeling about you. My feelings are rarely ever wrong when it comes to the character of a person." She waited until the room was empty except for the two of them. "I'd like you to consider staying on after your initial business is settled. Again you don't have to answer me right now. But your actions today said something to me...other then we're lovers." she smirked again and took a bite of her food.

My goodness he is handsome. She thought letting her eyes linger on him for a bit. There was more she wanted to know about him. But wasn't sure where to begin. So far she was certain that he was a man of character, and had a protective instinct about him. She had seen all types of men come through the doors, but none equaled his stature.

"Would you like to take a stroll with me this evening?" she questioned quite forwardly.

Jackson and Ginger take a stroll

Jackson was surprised and pleased when Ginger took his arm to lead him to the kitchen after saying he could call her Ginger in private since they were sleeping together quite often. 'Was she just joking with him or was she serious,' he thought as they walked from the main saloon hall, feeling her breast push against his arm. It had been a long time since he felt a woman on his arm. He pushed those memories to the back of his brain telling himself it was a long time ago.

While they ate their meals, devouring the chicken, chicken, potatoes and biscuits, he listened to her talk about his natural sense and she had a certain feeling about his character. He wondered what she saw in him that intrigued her and when the room was empty, he smiled when she told him she wanted him to consider staying on after he was done with the job.

"I'll certainly give it some thought Ginger," he said taking in her beautiful features, wondering if she was just joking with him or maybe a little more serious when she told him they were lovers. From the way she smirked, he was pretty sure she was just going along with the joke. But there was something in her eyes that seem to say something different as they quickly scanned his body.

Smiling when she asked if he would like to take a stroll, he decided to add to the humor. "I would love to take a stroll with you Ginger. Isn't that what lovers do on a beautiful night?" Her laugh was genuine and bubbly as they laughed together. But he wondered ..... what if.

The scour maids came into the room and cleared off the table and Jackson told Ginger he would be waiting outside. He assumed she would have to tell the staff she was leaving and he wondered if she would tell them they were taking a stroll.

Stepping outside, he looked up at the night sky and couldn't remember seeing so many stars glittering. He had heard a fellow once say that the sky in Wyoming was so big, it was as if you could reach out and touch them. Turning his collar up against the night air, Jackson saw some activity way off in the distance on main street. He could make out the light from torches being lit to partially illuminate main street.

He thought about back east and the use of gas street lights to light up the streets of the cities. Out here in the west, no such conveniences were available in the untamed land. He was lost in thought about the war when he heard the rustling of a skirt behind him.

Jackson saw the smile on her face, illuminated by the torch in front of the saloon. He held out his arm, smiling when she took it and pushed her body against it. "Looks like a wonderful night for a walk Ginger," he whispered.

Last edited:
Ginger was glad when agreed to take a stroll with her. She watched as he walked away, the way his ass fit so perfectly in his jeans. Shaking her head she chaztiezed herself silently 'get a hold of yourself Ginger, we don't even know if he's gonna stick around or not'.

Checking on a few things she stepped out into the cool air. She couldn't help but smile when she saw him. Taking his arm the took a walk around the property. "I think you're right we should go back to Mrs. Millers first thing in the morning. Then i'll take you to the sheriffs office to introduce you and we can get the supplies."

She ran her hand lightly up his arm as they walked and she pointed out different ideas she had about developing the land more in the future. "There is a cabin in the patch of trees over there. It's where i was born. I keep it to remind me of where I come from and the values my parents and brothers taught me." she smiled sadly remembering those she lost.

"Tell me about you Jackson, where does that man that stands before me come from, and what has made you who you are? In my line of work I see all types of men come in and out. But I haven't seen a man like you before. I have a feeling there's a great deal about you that few have ever seen."

Jackson tells Ginger about some of his past

Jackson was enjoying his stroll with Ginger as she pointed out various places on the property. When she mentioned Mrs. Miller, he had a notion that Henry Oldin had gotten to her. 'Why didn't she mention this to Ginger earlier in the day.' He pushed the feeling to the back of his brain while she mentioned the sheriff. He was sure the sheriff was on Oldin's payroll and he would be very suspicious of the new man in town. One thing Jackson knew was his own reputation was not known in these parts.

He liked the way she was absentmindedly running her hand lightly up and down his arm. It had been a long time since he was with a woman and he could feel a desire welling up inside for Ginger. 'She probably has the pick of any man,' he thought as she talked of ideas and then showed him the cabin where she was born. It was hard to see in the dim light and shadows danced over it from the light of the moon overhead.

Ginger's question was very personal and Jackson was not one to readily tell of his past. There were only a few people who knew the whole story as to why he left Virginia. From what he saw so far, Ginger seemed to be very compassionate helping those less fortunate. Mrs. Miller, the scour women, and he was sure there were more people she was willing to help. He had the feeling he could trust her.

"I'm a pretty simple man Ginger. My dad was a Confederate General. My younger brother and I served under him for almost the entire war with the northerners. The last battle in the Shenandoah mountains, was pretty bad for our side. My brother was shot and he died." Jackson stopped and thought about how he held his brother in his arms as he died in the field hospital.

"I .... ah ..... I was with him at the end and for me the war was over. The Union soldiers beat us and that pretty much ended the war. Soon afterwards, Lee surrendered to Grant and we were allowed to return home. My father had a very heavy heart and when we returned to our tobacco plantation, we learned that my mother died at the hands of the some Union soldiers who ransacked the farm."

He paused again looking at Ginger and seeing her concerned expression. "My father and I were looking to start up the tobacco fields when we learned that the plantation was now occupied by a Union Colonel who told us we were trespassing on his land. An argument broke out and my father was killed. As I tended to my dying father, I pulled out a gun and shot the Colonel between the eyes. Needless to say I was a marked man with a price on my head."

He felt a chill go down his spine as he remembered jumping on Midnight and riding west for hours until he thought he was safe. "I found odd jobs, keeping myself out of trouble. I did a few favors for a kind man ..... the kind that you don't brag about," he whispered.

"And that Ms. Ginger is how I came to be here," he said with a grin. "You might say that I'm a man with a shadowy past and no place to call home. I appreciate you offer earlier about staying on but it will depend on how well I do with our mutual acquaintance." He knew she understood what he meant.

Jackson didn't mention the woman he left in Virginia who had stolen his heart before the war. With the killing of the Colonel, he left his home and her behind. He often thought about her but figured she was married by now and raising a family. There was no reason to tell Ginger about her.

He stopped and looked at the property. "You have a fine piece of property here and you grew up on it and you should fight for it. You say you have brothers. Where are they? I assume they all left and you are the only one to run the place." He paused for a moment. "You are a fine looking woman Ginger," he said with a smile. "I can't believe you don't have a man courting you?" He thought of the old drunk and then laughed. "Except for the gentleman that came calling on you this afternoon."

Ginger listened carefully to his tale of woe. Her heart ached for the past in which he'd left behind. But that was the way of the world they lived in. Most people that made it out this far had a story and a past.

"I'm sorry for your troubles and your losses" she said with genuine heart ache. She smiled softly as he asked her about her family. "My mother died when i was very young. I believe it was consumption. So i was raised by my father and brothers. My father died at the hand of wolves, one of my brothers died while fighting the indians, another died by robbing a train, another died in a mining accident, and another of influenza." she smiled softly remembering them all.

"I had very few options, and marrying didn't seem like a good one." she let out a light laugh. "So i took the money that my husband left me and I built the Saloon. It became a haven for some that had no place else to go, everyone has their tales of hardship in the west it seems. The rest is history though."

She smiled at his compliment and his surprise that she wasn't being courted. "Not many men can handle being with a woman of independent mind and spirit. Most want to tame me, and others want to own my business not be a part of it. It's a lonely life, but it's one that I choose. I'm responsible for not only my survival, but that of my girls, and employees. It's a responsibility I don't take lightly. Sure there are times that I yearn for a simpler life, but it passes"

"And what of you, have you left many broken hearts in your wake, or do you have a woman waiting back home for you?"

Jackson and Ginger are interrupted.

Jackson listened to her talk of her family and he could see where she got her resolve to hang on to the land and saloon. Having experienced the death of family is bad but out west it sometimes is a way of life. It makes life more fragile and special. From the little time he knew Ginger, Jackson could tell she was someone you didn't want to cross.

The chuckle coming from his lips spilled into the night when she told him about her independent mind and spirit. "I have a feeling the few that tried to tame you found themselves thrown to the ground like trying to tame a wild stallion." The smile on her face seemed to recall some of the unlucky men who had tried. He looked at the saloon in the distance, adding, "You've taken on a lot of responsibility Ginger and maybe some day the right man will come along and sweep you off your feet." For a brief moment, he wondered if he could be that man. He didn't want to tame her or own her but there was something about her that triggered a deeper interest.

When she finished with the comment of a simpler life, Jackson wanted to take her into his arms. There was no doubt to him that under the tough exterior was a woman who wanted companionship but had yet to find it. The wall she built inside protected her from the hurt of losing her family but eventually the wall would crack and it was then that everyone needed something or some one to lean on in times of sorrow or trouble. He remembered an old saying a preacher told in church long ago before he went off to war. 'No man is an island,' he had told the congregation. Many thought he was talking about God but Jackson knew the old preacher was talking about everyday companions.

He was brought out of his thoughts when she asked about broken hearts or a woman he left back home. It was his turn to let some of the walls crumble inside at the thought of Rachel. Normally he pushed her image to the back of his brain, not wanting to think of what he left behind. It had been a long time since he talked about her. "I did have a special woman before the war. Her name was Rachel and she was the daughter of a plantation owner near our plantation. I courted her to some dances and we talked about marriage but then the war got in the way. When I ran away with a price on my head, I had to leave everything even her. I knew her father would never agree to her marrying me after what I did. There is still a price on my head if I ever return." He saw her eyes staring at his as he added, "you know Ginger she was a lot like you. She had an independent mind and didn't take kindly to people telling her what she should and should not do. That was one thing I liked about her."

There was an awkward moment. Jackson looked into Ginger's eyes and they seemed to mesmerize him. Thoughts of Rachel were shoved back where he had them safely stored. He was about to put his arms around her when they heard someone yelling.

"Ms. Ginger ..... Ms. Ginger come quick. One of the men is trying to beat up Charice .... saying he paid for more than what she was giving." The scour maid with the scar on her face was breathing hard and gasping.

The moment of intimacy was gone. Glancing at each other, Jackson saw her soft facial expression change. Her jaw clenched and they both turned toward the light of the saloon. "Time to start earning my pay," he uttered as they both rushed past the scour maid to see what had happened.

There was a moment where the thought of his lips upon hers had her lost in his eyes. She wanted to believe that her intuition about him was correct. That he was a good man and could be her equal in both intellect and strength. She was tired of always having to be strong, and wondered what it would be like to have his shoulder there for her to lean on, his arms to hold her, and his lips to kiss her as she'd never been kissed before.

The thoughts were shattered as Carrie came running toward them claiming a client was out of hand and taking it out on one of her girls. Her eyes glanced back at Jackson and then they took off running to the saloon.

"Let her go Jerimiah" Ginger said sternly catching her breath. "I paid good money and she ain't giving me what i want" He yelled back at her as she stood in the doorway with Jackson beside her.

The mans pants were off and his soft short cock lay dormant.
"It ain't my fault if it don't work ms. Ginger" Charice responded holding her face.

"Pull up your pants Jerimiah, you'll get your money back. But only if you go see Doc."

"It's the damn whore I tell ya."

"Now listen here Jermiah" she responded with her no nonsense tone. "You've been with Charice at least a dozen times before this. Always been satisfied. I won't have you blaming my girls for your cock being limp. Now get your pants on before I have Jackson here hog tie you and drag you naked through the saloon for all to see your broken pecker."

She stared him down until he fussed an hawed finally getting dressed. She could feel Jackson so close to her. She had to fight from stepping back into him to get his arms.

"Mr. Jackson will take you back to the Doc i'm sure he has something that will help you out. Charice why don't you follow a long and have him take a look at you too."

Turning Ginger stepped out of the room. "Nothing to see folks time to get back to having fun"

Ginger stopped by a few tables playing hostess and chatting with the locals and the travelers. She glanced up as Jackson escorted Jerimiah and gave him a soft smile and nod of thanks.

It was a busy night at the Silver Lace and the place was packed from wall to wall. She was glad that there weren't anymore major distractions that couldn't be solved with a free drink and a bit of flirting.

Jackson helps out at the Silver Lace

Jackson stood in the doorway, smirking at the scene before him. Ginger took command of the situation quickly and then defused the tension between Charise and Jerimiah, the client. She was firm with the man who started to look a little sheepish standing in front of everyone with his limp cock. Jackson chuckled when she told Jerimiah that he would be hog-tied by Jackson.

When she mentioned him taking Jerimiah and Charise to the doctor, Ginger brushed past him to go out onto the balcony. He felt her bosom brush his chest and for a moment wanted to reach out and grab her. He listened to her tell the folks to resume having fun while Charise and Jerimiah stood behind him. He could tell Ginger was now back into running her business and the moment between them was now gone.

When the three of them walked out into the cool night air, Jackson saw her soft smile and nod. It gave him a thrill inside to know that she was watching him even though she was watching the patrons. "I don't know where the Doc's office is," Jackson confessed to Charise.

"He's in town Mr. Anderson. Ms. Ginger always has a buckboard ready in case we have to give some of the locals a ride home or to the doctors," she smirked looking at Jerimiah. Charise rode in front with Jackson for the short ride to the doctor's office. There was an oil lamp lit in the front window as if he were expecting guests. "Doc always waits until the saloon closes. He and Ms. Ginger go back a long way."

Jackson waited while the doctor checked out Charise, telling her the bruises on her face would go away in a day or so. Turning to Jerimiah, he took him to the back room to check him out. Jackson and Charise could hear the old doctor talking to him. Jackson laughed when the man told the doctor he had a lot of whiskey before he and Charise went upstairs and the doctor told him he couldn't get an erection because of the alcohol. When they came out the man looked even more sheepish as he apologized to Charise and offered to pay the doctor's bill.

On the ride back to the Silver Lace, Charise sidled closer to Jackson. "I'm pretty sure Ms. Ginger has a thing for you."

Jackson looked at the young woman who now had her hand on his thigh. "How do you know that Charise. I've only been in town one day."

"I saw the way she looked at you Mr. Anderson. But if you don't like her I can show you a good time," she said sliding her hand up higher between his thighs.

"Let's see what happens," he replied taking her hand, gently lifting it off his thigh.

When they returned to the saloon, the place was hoping with activity. Charise found Ginger and Jackson assumed was telling her about the visit to the doctor's office. Jerimiah walked to a table where he got a lot of good-natured ribbing. Jackson saw Ginger look at him and saw the soft smile and wondered if Charise was right in her assumption.

Jackson walked around the room, watching the men playing cards at different tables. They all seemed to be good natured games with the men laughing and throwing money into the pot only to be scooped up by the winner. Standing by the piano, the player looked up at him, smiling as he pounded out notes to a song Jackson had never heard before.

Suddenly there as a loud commotion at a nearby table. Jackson saw Ginger at the far end of the room turn and look at him. One of the players, a burly man with an long scraggily beard was standing accusing another man of cheating. The accused man sat smugly in his chair, his gun drawn under the table. Jackson hurried to the table and stood behind the man with the gun.

"What's the problem here," he asked in a soft tone.

"That man ..... that man right there was cheating. I saw him dealing from the bottom of the deck," said the big man. The other men at the table moved back slightly knowing this scene had played out many times in the past, usually with someone getting shot.

"You can't prove it," shouted the man as he gripped his pistol.

Jackson put his hands on the man's shoulders, near his neck, leaning down to whisper into his ear. "I wouldn't do that if I were you friend. You'll be dead before you can get that gun out from under the table. And I won't even have to use my gun."

The man froze as the burly man standing on the opposite side of the table told Jackson that he knew the ace of hearts was on the bottom of the deck because the man was careless when he was dealing. Jackson reached over the man and flipped his cards onto the table, the ace of hearts lying on top of the cards.

The accused man made a move and before he could pull the pistol from under the table, Jackson's hand came down hard on the man's wrist, causing the gun to discharge sending a bullet harmlessly to the floor. Jackson applied pressure to the man's arteries on each side of his neck and within seconds he slumped forward.

Everyone in the saloon watched as the man fell to the ground. "Don't worry. He'll come around in a few moments," Jackson said. Pointing to two men, he ordered them to carry the man outside and dump in the street with a warning to not come back to the Silver Lace.

Jackson turned to see Ginger next to him. He smiled at the lovely saloon owner again wondering if Charise's words were true. "Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me Ms. Ginger. I may need more money over and above our agreement," he said with a soft smile and then laughed.

Ginger smirked at Jackson's comment about needing more money. "All in a nights work Mr. Jackson" she replied her eyes dancing up to his. "nice work with your hands, I like that approach. The less bullet holes i have to have repaired the better."

With another situation diffused she went back to mingling with the customers before disappearing back to her office. With the paperwork in front of her she couldn't help wondering what would have happened if they hadn't been interrupted. It had been a very very long time since a man peaked her interest. This scared her at the same time.

The future of Silver Lace was up for grabs if Oldin wasn't taken care of. She had enough money in the bank to allow her to start over in another town if she wanted to. But this was her home, and these were here people.

With much effort she returned her focus to the inventory and orders that needed to be placed. The last thing she wanted to do was have her supply of alcohol interrupted because she was too busy drooling over her man for hire.

In one day he had proven himself to be invaluable. In his worth here at the Silver Lace he'd proven her right about her intuition. He was also upfront about his past with her. That was something a less trustful sort would have left out. Everyone had a past and she wouldn't hold that against him. In her eyes what he did was just, she would have done the same without reservation. Hell she was hiring him to kill Oldin to protect what was hers.

With the paperwork done and out of the way she got up and headed out the back to enjoy the quiet and the night air. The stars were dancing in the sky as she stared up at them. It was rumored if you told a star your woes it could make them go away. But she didn't really have a need for wishing, she was more of a take action kind of girl.

Jackson finds Ginger outside

With the threat of a shooting defused, Jackson saw a lot of the patrons looking at him, murmuring about what had just happened. He laughed at Ginger's comment about it all being in a day's work and then she was gone, making sure everyone enjoyed their time at the brothel/saloon. He watched Ginger greet and talk to what he thought were regulars at one table while extending her hand at another to welcome them to her establishment.

Walking around, he noticed Ginger's girls looking at him but none of them approached him as if he were a potential client. Maybe it was the fact that Ginger introduced him as the new assistant manager and they knew not to approach him during work hours. They were good at their trade, enticing young and older men to loosen their wallets for a few minutes of pleasure upstairs. Charise looked like one of Ginger's better girls, getting men to go with her despite the bruises, Jerimiah laid on her earlier in the evening.

The night was winding down, some customers left while others paid for a room for the night, some with one of the gals and some without. He figured Ginger must have had some run-ins with the hotel when she rented rooms to out of town guests even though they weren't paying for a night with one of her gals. He sat near the front door, making sure no fights broke out and watched as the gals climbed the steps with or without a man. Tomorrow would be another work day for them.

Looking around for Ginger, he didn't see her anywhere. Her office was empty and she was not in the kitchen. Charise was in the kitchen and smiled when Jackson entered. A man was with her and it appeared they were making sandwiches to take back to her room. "Thanks again for your help tonight. I know Ms. Ginger really appreciated you breaking up the fight the way you did."

"Thanks Charise. Do you know where I might find her?"

"A lot of times she goes out back after a busy night. Gives her a chance to think."

The man was eyeing Jackson warily as he thanked Charise and turned to leave the kitchen. Finding his way out back he saw a single shadowy figure standing, her head tilted upwards to the heavens. He saw her soft smile when she turned to face whoever was approaching her. "Charise said I would find you out here."

Her soft chuckle filled the silence of the night. "I want to thank you for hiring me. I didn't know this was going to turn into a full time job when I rode into town this morning. I did enjoy my first day on the job." He saw her eyes surveying his shadowy figure as he continued. "Looks like everything is winding down for the night and I thought I would get some sleep before we head out tomorrow to Mrs. Miller's place."

The way she was looking at him told him she had something on her mind. Remembering what Charise said on the buckboard ride from the doctor's office, he figured she liked a man who took charge. If she didn't like what he was about to do, he could finish the job she hired him for and be on his way. But after one day he found himself thinking of staying even though he would not tell her just yet.

Before she could stop him, he gathered her into his arms and gave her a hard kiss on the lips before pulling back. "I have wanted to do that all day Ginger and if I overstepped my bounds I apologize. But you are one beautiful and smart woman."

His kiss took her by surprise. When he released her she was confused whether she should kiss him back or slap his face. "It's been a long day, enjoy your sleep" she responded walking away from him back into the saloon.

Conflicted was the word she would use to explain her emotions. She'd only known this man a day and she was extremely drawn to him. She had to stay focused until the threat was gone to her and her lively hood.

Making her way out to the floor she put on her her greeting face and started closing up for the night. The girls got their clients to the rooms and she ushered the stragglers out the doors.

A hot bath waited for her in her room when she got there. The girls knew that was how she liked to end her name. Soaking in tub of lavender and rose petals. Her body was remembering the feeling of his lips pressed against hers. The way he held her tight against him.

Rising out of the bath she let the water cascade off of her large breasts and ivory skin. Wrapping a towel around her she sat in front of her vanity and brushed out her hair. Some of the girls where a bit loud tonight which didn't help her tension.

Taking a deep breath she rose and walked next door to his room. Her fingers danced over the knob before she decided to raise her hand and knock lightly.

Jackson retires to his room

When she told him it had been a long day and for him to enjoy his sleep, he knew he had overstepped his bounds. She didn't have to tell him. Her tone told it all and when she turned without another word he knew he shouldn't have kissed her. Following her back to the saloon, he wondered if Charise told him of Ginger's interest in him to get him into trouble with her boss.

Watching her take care of closing up for the evening, he took to the rickety wooden stairs leading to his room. Lighting an oil lamp, he removed his boots and clothes except for his underwear, he lay on his bed, his hands under his head, listening to the noises outside his door. Sounds of girls giggling and the heavy footfalls of boots on the balcony soon gave way to a eerie silence. The silence was broken every so often by the peel of laughter coming from one of the girls rooms and then died down again.

Thinking of the kiss, he admonished himself for doing and saying the things he had said to Ginger. She hired him to do a job and he got caught up in his own pent up desires. It had been a long time since he had been with a woman. Closing his eyes, he figured that tomorrow he would apologize to Ginger and then keep focused on the job she hired him to do. Thinking of Henry Oldin, Jackson decided he would find the ranch after going to Mrs. Miller's ranch rather than meeting the sheriff. He could always meet the sheriff another time.

He was thinking of how he could finish his job when he heard a faint knock at the door. He didn't move on the bed, thinking he was hearing things. But then there was another soft knock, barely audible as he swung his legs off the bed. Opening the door, he saw Ginger, standing on the balcony with an oil lamp, wrapped in a long towel.

"Come on in Ginger," he whispered as he looked each way down the balcony. When she was in his room, he wondered if she came to tell him she changed her mind and he was no longer needed. Jackson saw her eyes survey the room and then back at his face. "I ..... I'm sorry Ginger for earlier tonight. I thought you wanted me to kiss you. I was wrong and if you want I can move to the hotel in the morning," he said as her soft lips opened to say something.

Ginger looked around the room half expecting to see one of the girls with him but was pleased to see he was alone. She placed the lamp down on the table and turned back to him as he apologized.

"You were right I did. I just didn't know I did at the time." Her eyes took in his broad sculptured chest as the light flickered. Stepping closer to him she placed her hand on it running up lightly to his shoulder and then his neck. Rising up on her toes she reached her lips up to his and gave him the response that she should have done before. Her mouth kissed him with a hungry longing passion that had been building with in her from the moment she first saw him.

Slowly she broke the kiss her eyes searching his. "It has been a very long time since i've given myself to a man. I don't want this to influence your decision on whether you decide to stay or not. But as long as you're here and i'm sharing your bed, I wish to be the only one doing so. For right now, for this night i want to be your woman."

Jackson and Ginger share a passionate kiss

A sudden sense of relief filled Jackson's body when she told him she wanted his earlier kiss, but didn't know it at the time. Watching her close the distance between them, he felt her fingers on his bare skin and then she was rising up on her toes to kiss him. His arms circled her waist, pulling her against him as their lips met with a hungry desire.

It has been a long time since he kissed a woman but it is one response that one never forgets. Some past kisses were friendly while others more ardent but this kiss was one that he had never experienced before. It was filled with passion and hunger and he returned the kiss with equal enthusiasm, his tongue slipping out to tease her lips and tongue. His hands pulled her tighter, feeling her large breasts pressing into his chest, sending sensuous shivers throughout his body.

One hand continued to pull her against him while the other hand found her long red strands, tangling them in his fingers as he pulled her head back. They broke their initial kiss a few times only to find they weren't satisfied, finding and pressing urgently against one another.

When their kiss finally ended, they were both breathing a bit harder as their eyes locked together. He listened to her words about being a long time since she gave herself to a man. He smiled down at Ginger as she told him she was giving herself to him as long as he was there on her business.

He thought of Charise and her words about Ginger and smiled. "I don't want any of the girls you offered me Ginger. I want you," he whispered as his fingers found the fold of the towel wrapped around her body. When it fell to the floor, the soft flickering light of the oils lamps cast shadows over her large breasts. "You truly are beautiful," he said as his hands came up to feel her breasts, weighing them in his hands before they slid over the soft globes exploring.

He knew that soon the word would get out that he was off limits but that is what he wanted. Ever since he arrived at the saloon, he felt a connection to Ginger. He heard her soft moans as his fingers explored her breasts, finding the taut nipples waiting for his fingers to tease.

While he enjoyed exploring her breasts, he felt her hands on his hips. He thought of Rachel and how she was always tentative to touch him as he felt her hands slide down his side and then between them. It was his turn to groan when he felt her fingers sliding up and down his growing erection. "Ohhhhhh," was all he could gasp as her fingers tightened around his flaccid cock.

Ginger was pleased to find that Jackson was well endowed. Her husband had been much smaller, and the very few lovers she had over the years weren't as blessed as he. She enjoyed the power of stroking a mans cock and eliciting the sounds from their lips. Jacksons "ooh" was a greater satisfaction then any others.

There was something about him that drew her to him. Something that made her want to give herself entirely to him. She stroke him to full hardness and enjoyed the throbbing shaft twitching in her palm.

Gasps and soft moans filled the room as he played with her breasts. Her nipples were hard and throbbing sending zaps to her sex making it wetter in anticipation. She wasn't there to play a shy lady whom needed to be made gentle love to. She was there to have him claim her as his own and let their passion an desires reek havoc on eachother.

"I'm guessing you agree to my terms" she said smiling slyly through heavy breathing.

Back