Rich Girl ... Poor Girl {Closed}

A

AmberStar

ALYSA

Alysa opened the small cookie jar that her mother hid what money they had, it was money to support her habit, not to put food on the table or to put clothes on their backs. Her small hand slid into the opening, her fingers searched til the small wad of bills were found, grasping the wad she pulled it out and swiftly put the jar back against the wall. Her fingers combed through the ones and counted thirty five ones. “Well, it’s enough to get some groceries.” It would have been more if her mother didn’t trade the stamps for cash at a fifty cent loss on the dollar. Alysa couldn’t wait till the debit card system was up and running correctly for then her mother couldn’t swap the stamps for cash.

She looked over to the couch, her mother sprawled out in an obvious whorish way, a painful sight to see her mother in this condition, but it was coming more and more common everyday. Alysa was thankful that her mother’s customer was already gone before she got up, that would have been very awkward. She walked over to the couch and pulled the blanket over her mothers partial naked body. “Damn mom!” Alysa turned her head from the reeking smell of alcohol and cheap cigarettes. She hated this life, hated that her mother was this way but she didn’t know how to get them both out of this situation. Alysa even thought about running away, but just couldn’t bring herself to leave her mother in this hell hole.

The small alarm warned her it was time for school. She only had six more months left in high school before graduating, then she could go out and find a better job than the one she had now, working at the theater at nights helped to pay the rent and that was about it. Her dream of going to college to law school was just that a dream. She quickly grabbed her books and headed out the door.

The morning dew was heavy and damp to her skin as she had twelve long blocks to walk before she got to the school yard, and of course the route she had to take was the same one that many of the upper Manhattan students traveled on. She tried to keep her head down and slightly turned away from the road for there were always those ones that seem to rub the fact in that they have their own fancy cars to drive to school.

The day was it’s usual normal bullshit, and like everyday Alysa was glad when the three o’clock bell rang for their dismissal but this day was different in one way than normally, she had to go to the store and pick up the groceries. Half-hour later she was walking to the cashier, counting the money to make sure she didn’t lose any while at school. She had the cheapest stuff she could find that could be stretched over a few days, however when the cashier announced that the bill was forty dollars and fifty seven cents she gasped slightly, her eyes scanning over the goods trying to find one thing that would drop the amount lower than thirty-five. “Ummm. Can I have a minute I need to put something back, for I don’t have enough.” Alysa whispered hoping that the person next to her didn’t hear her, she shifted her eyes to see if the girl did and to her horror it was one of those upper Manhattan students!

Last edited by a moderator:
Willow had woken up to her maid coming in giving her her breakfast. The Red head girl easily ate the fresh fruit, buttered toast and cappuccino before she moved over to her massive closet full of clothes. Looking threw the whole things she picked out a nice skirt with a simple T-shirt. After that she accessorized with expensive shoes, a over shirt and a nice hair piece. Finally ready the woman took her backpack and her purse and headed to the garage.

"Morning Ms. Worthington" Said the driver who stood at the car waiting. Willow shot the man a smile. She would have him divert to the local grocery store to pic up her splurge a chocolate donut with strawberry creme in it. it was savory and seductive. a true indulgence she just had to have. So the per young woman got in the back seat of her chauffeurs' vehicle and proceeded to stare at her latest acquisition the newest model of cell phone on the market.

She tweeted and posted a few selfies of her self in the backseat showing her cute geek chic outfit She knew a few of her followers would find it grossly self indulgent but she didn't care she was Willow Worthington heiress to Worthington Industries. She would leave high school go to Harvard Business and become the companies CEO. First though she would get her donut.

So with it being early the crimson haired beauty of the school walked into the grocery store. With in minutes she had her donut and stood behind another girl she vaguely recognized. She sighed as she heard the exchange and slid her donut forward along with her card. " Say..um...Doris put it on my card, with my donut." She says in an annoyed tone.

Last edited:
Alysa’s green orbs focused upon the card and donut that was pushed forward from the girl behind her, the annoyed tone was like fingernails raking across a chalk board. Alysa gritted her teeth with a bit of anger or self pride, she wasn’t forsure which but feared it was the latter. It was difficult enough to walk up in front of everyone and get a free lunch ticket at school but to have it follow her out of school into one of the local grocery stores was humiliating. She wanted desperately to grab the card and shove it into the girls hand and tell her off, but that wouldn’t stop the hunger pains that would come later, besides it would give her the thirty five dollars to use later in the week.

She took a deep breath to calm herself. “Thanks Willow.” Alysa replied as she moved up the line to take the bagged groceries. “I’ll see you in school.” Alysa announced to the girl as she took the bag and quickly headed toward the door, knowing damn good well that this would be announced around Willow’s friends. Alysa shook her head in disbelief of this happening this day of all days.

She hurried home to put the groceries up and then headed back to school. She just got to her seat when the tardy bell rang. Her eyes instantly shot over to where Willow was sitting. She wondered what the girl would say about what happened, a little hope sprang up in Alysa that she wouldn’t say anything, but that was a very small chance for that to happen. Willow Worthington was an approval hunting individual that dwell for attention, just like her family, well she really couldn’t say that for she didn’t know the girls parents except for when they were on the news, which was quite a few times here lately.

Alysa shook her head and focused upon the class which just happened to be a joint session on career planning. Each student would be assigned to another one where all aspects of finding, planning, and what would be necessary to achieve that students career. Alysa’s head lowered for this was going to get very personal, which she almost blamed the teacher for making this personal just to humiliate her even more.

“Alysa Winters and Willow Worthington, You two will be paired off…” The teacher continued to assign students to pair off. Alysa’s eyes shot over to the richy girl with a slight shaking of her head. ‘This can not be happening!’ Alysa’s mind screamed, but nonetheless Alysa stood up, grabbed her books and moved over to the desk next to her assigned partner.

“Hello Willow.” Alysa greeted her half-hardheartedly before sitting down.

Willow returned to her town car and sat smiling as her driver put the partition down to ask if she was ready. On top of that she gladly retold her tale of helping a fellow student out of a jam. In doing so she felt happy and charitable." Take a more scenic route will you" She bade her driver as she began to eat her donut.

By the time she reached school she had consumed the pastry she brushed her self off right when her driver pulled up to the front steps. She smiled as she heard the door unlock and she promptly answered to her driver."Thank you. Tell mom I sent yo on some errands so you can go enjoy your day until you pick me up okay"She said as she left the car and began to strut her way to the doors.

As she strutted through the lesser students and soon her admirers and so called friends moved in about her. As she walked to her locker she did the combination perfect set her books and stuff in there before she grabbed her things. Her friends talked about the boys they where dating and who Willow should ask out to the next dance. However she hadn't told any of her friends about her true passions. She was more attracted to girls than guys. In junior high she played with the guys but found her self more and more attracted to other girls. Still she placated to the others flirting here and there.

On her way to class she giggled and shut down two other guys who wanted more from her. She rebuffed them with stern insults before she went and sat in class. As the period went on she found her named called. Willow looked up from her books and turned to see the teacher gesturing to a girl who would be her partner. It was the girl from earlier. Her face widened in a smile and she waved.

"Hi Alysa looks like we will be working together. This should be fun" She says with a cheerful disposition. " I do hope it will be rewarding." She aided her face sincere but slightly disinterested. It was for the project, but she didn't really like this project either. People were nosy and her life was far from perfect. So she sat and smiled hoping that they could get this over with.

As the two sat the teacher handed out the packets and the detailed criteria that they would have a month to complete it. They would turn n progress reports and even would have to do a lot of time outside of school. It was a horrible assignment. One she really wished she could get out of but knew she couldn't. She needed this grade to be pristine or her plans wouldn't come to fruition.So with a sigh she looked at her partner."Guess we are gonna be bosom buddies for a bit"

Alysa was slightly taken back from Willow’s positive disposition, maybe it was an allurement into something that would totally humiliate her in front of the class instead of just her friends. Alysa’s mind went over every possibility that could happen and tried to get into a prepared status, but it was hard to do for Alysa was never able to purposely humiliate anyone, but… well Alysa couldn’t say that Willow had done this to anybody, but she was one of those… Alysa caught herself stereotyping Willow and felt a blast of shame streaking across her mind.

“Oh! Yes… So do I” Alysa quickly came out of her demeanor and responded to Willow’s engagement. Alysa swallowed the shameful lump that formed in her throat and took her seat. Her gaze skimmed over the folder packet that was placed before them by the teacher. “Well, here goes nothing.” Alysa spoke up as she took the folder into her hand and opened it.

With each sentence she read the more the heaviness she felt upon her chest. Millions of questions flashed across her mind but the one that made her want to regurgitate was ‘How am I going to hide mom?!’ followed by ‘How am I going to get out of her coming over to my house!’ Alysa was feeling very sick at her stomach by this time. The lifestyle that she is forced to live in wasn’t something she wanted a complete stranger to see. ‘Oh God help me!’ her mind screamed as she nervously flipped through the pages.

Alysa’s eyes rolled upward in a silent prayer when Willow added the boot kick to the ribs, “Yes, apparently so.” Alysa managed to whisper out between her praying lips. “Maybe, we could just make up things here at school!” Alysa absentmindedly blurted out Upon realizing what she said she shot a glance over to Willow so she how she took the unintended gesture of falsifying the homework. “Sorry.” Alysa quickly offered her apology. “I know this is forty percent of our yearly grade, but I just don’t think it’s doable.” Alysa attempts to swallow the nervous lump that reformed.

Again she knew that something was up with the paring for it seemed like all the students were assigned by economical differences. They weren’t the only ones. This fact hit Alysa hard for now she knew there was no choice but to do this, at least she wasn’t going to be the only one that’s going to be humiliated. Her glance over the other students verified this by their expressions.

" No its Doable" Willow says as she lets her hand touch the back of Alysas'." I know it is..." She looked about and noted the disgusting faces many of her fellow affluent students made, and the worried looks the more downtrodden made. Willow felt almost a pity for them. It was a grade, and people were people. Some were good other bad. She doubted Alysa was bad. I mean she was just poor that was all. Heck her grand father was dirt poor and built her family business from a mere investment of twenty bucks.

"Look I know this sucks, we have to pry into each others personal life. NO body, and I mean no body wants that. However I think you and me as a pair can show are peers that we can work together. Heck I bet we might even leave out of this more than project partners" She said hopefully optimistically. She doubted that her life was any better than hers under the surface, but she wasn't quite sure. Either way it wasn't a bad idea them pledging to be more than partners.

" Besides we get to see how determined we are in our quest for the future. I know I don't want to be anybody's' second string and I doubt you do either, so lets tackle this assignment and show the others we are more than our circumstances okay" She said gripping Alysas' hand before she pulled out her phone and got out her planner app.

" So by my records i am free tonight, do you want to maybe get together and work on the project. That is if you are free I can come and get you if you need a ride, or we could do the meeting at your place. Your choice partner"she says as she looks at the girl smiling hoping she would do it at her place so her mother and staff wouldn't be so nosy about having a girl over.

Alysa’s brow arched curiously when she felt the warming hand of Willow upon her own. Alysa didn’t pull her hand away, or even had the desire too, which was slightly confusing to her nonetheless she left her hand where it was, however her mind was all over the place in trying to figure out why she didn’t mind the contact, but then the thought of everyone looking at them made her start to feel squiggly.

Willow’s agreeable demeanor was pleasing to Alysa but also very confusing. This richy Upper Manhattan girl was no way near the rich, bratty girl attitude that most have been when Alysa was around them. This small fact brought a small smile to Alysa’s face. Her emerald eyes shifting across Willow’s face trying to see if girl was in any way putting this behavior up as an act, but the only reading she got was the girl was being upfront with her words.

The thought of having Willow as a friend seemed like the old sit com that her mother and her used to watch it was called the odd couple. Alysa smiled at the thought with a slight shaking of her head. “Well, Time will tell all tales!” Alysa took in a deep breath, not wanting to fall for the (I want to be your friend then bash her when she thought they were to humiliate her in front of her friend gig) but it was hard to do, for Alysa didn’t have any friends thanks to the ways of her mother and the work she had to do to pay the rent.

Alysa only nodded about being a second string individual, for she was already that to her mother and work. She had the constant feeling of being under Societies thumb. Alysa sighed inwardly on the mentioning of not being what their circumstances made them for that was exactly was happening to her and her mother, and to Alysa there was no escape. She was what one called a home bum soon to be a homeless one if things didn’t change.

Alysa smiled, feeling the supportive hand squeeze from Willow, still somewhat confused why she allowed the contact to last this long. She had never had this feeling ‘Neutral’ feeling before when someone touched her, it was either a GROSS! Get the fuck off me thinking or Ok! What the fuck does he want! Type of thinking, but never this I don’t mind being touched feelings. It was so … so confusing.

“What?” Alysa was brought out of her thoughts when Willow suggested that they get together tonight. “Umm… I have to work, but I have a few sick days I can use, so … um … My place! Umm … Ok, but …” Alysa’s face lowered as the shame already slammed into her. “It’s not something your used too… In fact it just might be one of your worst experiences.” Alysa whispered shamefully.

“I live at Blackborn, Terrace …” Alysa sighed, “The projects on fourteenth and Clay.” She whispered lowly to Willow hoping that it was loud enough for her to hear but no one else. “So, maybe we can meet elsewhere if you wish.” Alysa hoping that she would be disgusted and decided to have it at her place or even the movie house. “I do work at Abby’s movie house in the projection booth. We can work there if you want.” Alysa quickly brought up.

Willow listened as her partner discussed how to get to her home and the potential horrors she spoke of. Seemed she wasn't ready for that, but she didn't want to expose the girl to her place just yet. It might lead to her knowing alot about her family she didn't want others to know. I mean she knew she would have to get to it eventually but she hoped it wasn't this soon.

AS she began to write it down, I mean how bad could it be. What was promising was her alternative place. Which was perfect! Willow giggled as she looked over at Alysa to comment."Ooo cool. Wait whats, playing and neutral ground is perfect. I mean think about it we can delve into the over all bits of the project like How we see are selves in ten years etc. I like it. I will make sure to give you a ring." He slides her cell phone over to Alysa and opens the contacts page for her to add her number.

"Oh what kinda lighting is there and should I bring my laptop and tablet?" She asks writing down the new information in her little notebook. Despite the technological age, it was better to write things down as its takes more effort to erase things than to delete them. Her grandfather had taught her that shortly before he died. It kinda stuck with her. AS an after thought she pulled her hand from Alysas' and slightly frowned as the lack of contact with this girl was some how less. Almost as if the lack of her touch made the world a bit less bright. Willow fought back against it and looked down at what she wrote and saw Alysas' name with a little heart and she quickly scribbled over it. She blushed a bit as she rewrote the notes she needed for the meeting later.

" SO the movie theater, got it. I will bring my devices and notebooks. I will also make sure my driver knows so he can follow and I will let him watch a few movies and maybe have us go to one of those open all night diner afterwards.If that is okay. I mean I know my brain gets worked to much I need a bit of coffee and some food. Sound like a plan Alysa?"She asked finishing her thoughts and hoping the girl across form her would agree.

Alysa’s brow arched when her offer of meeting in the projection room at the movies was apparently a striking idea to Willow, the girls asking of what’s playing followed by a skimming over what they could do seemed odd to Alysa. Here was this wealth girl getting excited about being with a much lower class individual doing a homework assignment together. There was just something wrong with this picture that Alysa just couldn’t see the angle. She bit at the inner part of her cheek trying to see the angle but it just eluded her.

Before Alysa could tell her what was playing at the movies, which seemed to fall to the side for now, Willow went on about the projection room’s lighting, and if she should bring her expensive toys. Alysa’s could feel herself coming to a smile on this girls enthusiasm over this getting together tonight. Once again the stereotyping took over and wondered how many friends of hers was going to be there to play slap Alysa around in front of a crowed theater for the newly release Star Wars was playing so it was going to be a packed house.

Alysa came out of her daze when Willow spoke up once more about an after movie plan and then asked her what she thought about going out with her. That question seemed out of place if she was planning of standing up Alysa at the theater unless… ‘Oh hell with it!’ Alysa’s mind decided, she was a big girl and can handle a bunch of bratty friends if it comes down to that. She was tired of trying to hide that she was poor, for it wasn’t like she was just sitting at home living off of welfare, she had a job, just not a high paying one.

Willow seemed to lose some luster when she took her hand away, which made Alysa stop for a moment and think. She then decided to find out if that small voice was right and if she was guessing about Willow’s change of demeanor. She was about to put her hand upon Willow’s but then just managed to see the writing that Willow scribbled over. Alysa swallowed hard for what she was thinking now looked like it was correct. She never thought of being with another girl, but she always kept an open mind.

“Sure, But I will skip on the coffee for a cold Diet coke and a cheeseburger, if you don’t mind eating low style.” She cringed after she realized she just showed her stereotyping. “I’m sorry Willow.” Alysa replied the softer side showing through the tough, rugged outside of her. “As for the meeting at the movie house, It’s a red room, so yeah, bring your gizmo’s with you.”

She looked away, noticing a few eyes looking their way, and as normal there were cupped hand whispering going on. Her eyes focused upon Emily whom was one of Willow’s friends was eying them with an anger that Alysa knew very well. It was one of extreme hatred.

She giggled at ths whole mention of soda over coffee. Yeah she forgot lots of people her age were not fans of coffee. The cheeseburger though was great. Which grabted she wouldnt eat one that late but maybe another donut. I mean she had been good girl and knew she would eek in extra 30.minutes of exercise tomorrow.

" No its fine my grandfather and dad have taken me to alot of the local diners and resturants many of my friends scoff at." She giggled as she leaned in and whispered " And dont worry mosf of those bitches are jealous of me and my familys wealth." She says looking to her phone .

Looking at it she wondered if Alysa had a cell phone. She felt a bit bad about it so she smioed and moved on. " So um what was the movie again, I mean is it sci fi, super hero, romantic comedy, a drama? Cause I want to dress appropriately. You know to blend in with the rest of the movie goerz, I dont want you getting fired for letting in some stranger" she said as she gave the girl an easy out having her be a crazy fan instead of just invited in.

Alysa turned her head from the glaring student back toward Willow her gaze moved up to Willow’s orbs, A smile dawned upon her face hearing the giggle that came from Willow’s. Her explanation about her friends making fun of the places that her grandfather took her seemed to squelch the smile the formed upon Alysa’s face. “Some people can just be complete assholes!” Alysa angrily replied, but what followed made Alysa look to her partner with a raised brow “Really!?” Alysa instantly began casing over her friends. “So, their bitches and your friends with them?” Alysa now slightly confused, but decided not to pry that far into her partners life. “Sorry, just caught me off guard on that one. I can understand their being envied of your family’s wealth.” She instantly changed the subject to a degree.

Alysa saw the shifting of Willow’s eyes to the phone, which was still open on the add contact number. Slightly a shamed she pushed the phone back to Willow. “I don’t have a phone. We use the hallway pay phone when we need it.” She whispered low to Willow so that no one else could hear her claim that they had to use the hallway payphone. She felt the ping of that statement herself, for getting a prepaid phone only cost around forty dollars for the cheap ones that included the thirty minutes of air time, but that was a weeks worth of groceries cost, for the generic labeled food. Her mind drifted back to the welfare vouchers that her mother traded in for cash and how much things would be better if she didn’t do that. She lowered her gaze from Willow’s eyes to the desk top.

Alysa was pleased when Willow moved on and asked about what was playing again, but her reason for asking made Alysa giggle. “Umm, You don’t have to do that!” Alysa informed her, but decided to go along with the thinking. “Well, If you want to dress up as a cute little Ewok or A droid of some kind, who am I to stop you.” Alysa smiled at her homework companion.

Alysa took a few moments to look at Willow before making her first request to her newly becoming friend. “Willow, If I may recap on your last statement about your friends being jealous of your families wealth. Umm… I would like it very much if we could skip being chauffeured around in your pricey car. Maybe we could walk to the movies together then to a food joint after the show. I just don’t want it to get around that I’m only hanging ten with you for the money aspect of this assignment.” Alysa cringed for not having the right words to express her discomfort of being catered too, she has enough charity from others already.

Willow slid her phone back into her pocket and nodded." Hmmm that might be problematic. I know we can get you a prepaid. I will get you a decent amount of minutes so you can ge the whole texting free option. I mean I wouldn't want to miss communicating about the project. I mean come on I dont want those jealous bitches t beat a pair of strong women like us right!" She said with a very determined look seeking to show that she was committed to making them the best project in the class.

This was not only because she kinda needed the grade, but it was to show this girl beside her there was more to Willow than money. In fact she knew Alysa would find out soon what she often had to help do at her house. She was not a fan but sometimes life just throws these things at you. So she would have to explain it to her partner when she came over for her half of the project.

Willow bypassed the whole question about her so called peers. Many of the other rich girls fawned over her because of her money. Few knew the real her and sought only to get close to her for what her family could do for them. Oh she used them now and then as they idiotically offered themselves to her. Alysa though was different. This brunette from the projects was strong and kinda reminded her of her grandfather a bit. Which was a nice change of pace from the popular sycophants that sought only self promotion with out the need to acknowledge others.

When Alysa mentioned the droid or Ewok she flet her mouth gape open and her eyes go wide. STAR WARS! She was having a study session in a movie theatre watching the newest Star Wars! She was seriously gonna see it for the first time and form the projection booth! It was the nerd girls dream come true. Granted she was gonna wait to do it with her dad, but he had been far more interested in his work than there daddy daughter time. So she finally closed her mouth and smield a huge smile.

"Are you saying, and forgive me if I get a bit hyper, but seriously are you saying its the NEW Star Wars film. Cause I think you are saying we are having a study date, while watching Star Wars...OMG I think I might just kiss you for that" She said her hands shooting out to touch Alysas' face before they slid back down and grab the stunning brunettes arms." I have the perfect R2-D2 dress for that, and..and..I will wear my glasses! This is so gonna be fun!!!" Willow was a bit to zealous in her reply but this was just the best of news. Granted it was still homework but to get to see the film would be the crowning achievement.

AS she looked at her self and what she was doing to Alysa Willow stopped. Her hands slid back down to the table and she tried to resume a more appropriate demeanor."Sorry for that , its just I am a bit of a geek. That aside I say we start about sevenish? I will have my diver drop me off in his car. Its an Oldsmobile. Its not a new car but it should be okay to not embarrass you. After that some study time followed by some diner food. Hope you bring a hungry belly cause I plan on not only a nice meal but some dessert!" She said with a smile. As she did the bell rang. This lead many to quickly grab there school stuff and head out. Willow frowned and looked to the woman across form her.

" If you want I have lunch by my self on the terrace. I have some prosciutto rolls with some mixed berry salad and a vegetable based dip that is good. If you dont want to though I understand. Just meet up with me later to finalize a few things before we meet okay?" She said as she gathered her things and slowly rose. This would be a fun night for sure.

Alysa looked away from Willow at the mentioning of getting her a prepaid phone. Her gaze studied the desktop looking for a way to tell Willow that she didn’t want anything from her, but she didn’t want to cause any problems between her and her homework partner. She just wanted to get this crappy assignment over with as fast as she could so that she could get back to her routine. Her mind caught the last have of her statement, her eyes rolled upward a bit for she didn’t give a damn about being the best in the class, she just wanted to get through the next six months without any more shit tossed on to her plate.

Alysa now somewhat regretted showing this softer side of herself. If she would have just stayed the hard bitch from the street this would have been over five minutes after it started, but Alysa was trying to change for being that rock hard street bitch wasn’t getting her anywhere but closer to the way her mother was these days, something that Alysa was damned to hell going to avoid. She dragged a deep breath over her lips and held it for a few moments before allowing it to escape over her partially parted lips.

Her deep wishing was interrupted when Willow’s soft voice turned frantic and overzealous about the mentioning of the Star Wars movie. Alysa was about to nod yes to the girl’s inquisition about them doing their homework assignment while watching the new released Star Wars movie when all of a sudden Willow’s soft hand moved up and touched her face, before they dropped down and wrapped around her arm, her words about she could kiss her made her slightly pull back but recovered quickly when the girl continued about having the perfect dress for the movie. Alysa was beginning to wonder if she just awoke a sleeping seven year old trapped in a teenager’s body but found her self amused and taken in by the rich girl for she was so … vibrant.

Alysa smiled, somewhat disheartened when the girl seemed to find herself and resumed to be that teenager that was lost for a moment. “Don’t apologize for letting go of yourself, we all need to do that now and then. Sevenish sounds good to me and I changed my mind about us walking. I don’t want you to change your lifestyle to fit mine for I know I wont be able to change mine to fit yours. So lets just be ourselves on this… Okay?” Alysa reached over and grasped Willow’s shoulder, her fingers lightly rubbing over the firm muscled shoulder.

The bell brought Alysa back to herself as she pulled her hand away and nodded to what Willow was saying about lunch. “Sure, I’ll look for you then.” Alysa looked up to Willow with a smile as she herself rose to her feet. “Well, have a good first half.” She replied before moving toward the door, her head turning toward the teacher with a glare before moving out of the room to the now busy hallway.

Alysa took another deep breath trying to smooth the butterfly effect on her stomach. How in the hell is she going to pull this off? How in the hell is she going to plan for a future when she couldn’t get down the street if it only cost a quarter to do so. This assignment was meant for the middle class students and above. It was degrading to those whom was stuck in the projects, as if that wasn’t bad enough.

Alysa closed her eyes for a moment trying to calm herself when she heard the murmurings coming from some of the other students that were in the class. She heard Willow’s name and instantly turned to glare at Michele Boons, a big time lawyer’s daughter. “What about her!” Alysa screamed at the girl, then realized that not only was she screaming at the girl but she was hulking up to her. “Your not worth it!” She held up her hand and walked away before she decked the bitch.

Willow smiled as she looked to the brunette and nodded." Thanks for understanding. I am a big nerd at heart. As for the car I kinda was excited about walking with you. I mean you could how me how you see your world a bit" She said with a soft silky voice. It was bizarre but she didn't register it. Still she was happy.

"Great! I'm looking forward to it" She said all giggly as she waved and left the room. As she did she felt all the eyes of her so called peers looking at her with a mix of amazement, pity, and shame. Still she walked on her smile turning to a frown.

She hated that her peers where so heartless. So uncaring. I mean at any time there riches could end up being taken away. Still she knew she would be judged by them. However her squad, minus a few fell into line as she walked the halls to her next class.

The rest of the day was the standard whirlwind. She went to class did her work and stayed quite. After that it was time for lunch. Willow assumed her spot sitting on the little park bench the school sat out. Here she pulled out her lunch and took a bite. it was good she hoped that Alysa would be here soon to enjoy with her.

Alysa stepped up to her locker, pushed her forehead up against the cold metal and sighed, her eyes closing trying to get her anger under control. She didn’t ask for this shit! But yet here it was upon her like a cheap perfume and no way of getting out of it. Hell, she didn’t even know forsure that she did want to get out of it. She doesn’t have any friends the way it was and here one was at her door step, even thou she was forced to be there, it seemed like the girl wanted to be friends with her regardless if she didn’t have a dime to her name.

‘Just get over it! Damn!’ Alysa screamed at herself, trying to find that tough street demeanor she normally wears all the time, till now, she couldn’t explain it but there was that pull of wanting to be with Willow to get to know her, to see her world as she lives it. The small voice tossed in the fact that Willow was very excited about the movie and then having that late night dinner at some sidewalk dive. This thought to her surprise made her feel better, made her feel like there is something at the end of this short, unknown tunnel. “Alright lets do this.” She pushed herself away from her locker and proceeded with her day.

The day was it’s normal sitting in the back trying to be small as possible which seemed to always work except for this day when she seemed to be called upon a lot. ‘Damn this must be an omen!’ She shook her head upon walking out of the last class before lunch. The invite hit her as soon as she walked out into the hallway. To her surprise she ways walking faster to the cafeteria than normally.

Once she got her free lunch ticket and her tray she found herself heading outside to where Willow told her she would be an Alysa’s smiled upon seeing Willow there waiting for her. She walked over and looked down at her. “Hey!” Alysa moved to the side and sat down next to her. “So how has you day been?” She picked up the pizza, “Want a bite!” she smiled at the girl.

Willow smiled as the Alysa came and sat with her. it was a genuine heart felt smile. She giggled a bit as she got up and hugged the girl tightly before she sat back down."Hi its been okay, but its better now. How about you" She asked back with a smile.

She looked at the pizza and shrugged as she pushed over a few prosciutto rolls that had the cheese in the middle. "Pizza, sure why not" She says as she leans in and takes a bite. After a chew she looks at Alysa.

" Remind me to give you a breath mint after this pizza. Its a bit odorous" she says as she turns towards Alysa and took a swig of her green juice. Willow smiled as she watched the girl next to her. She couldn't put a finger on it but there was something about her that she liked. Heck she was enjoying this being out here talking with another girl with out fear of her just wanting to double cross her or just to be her friend for money and popularity. In fact after hearing about Alysas' near tussle with Michele. Which she sadly missed as she would have given Michele the look of death. Still it was not right for the little bitch to even think about hurting Alysa.

" So about tonight. I kinda liked your idea of a walk. I mean we could talk on our way to the diner and maybe i don't know get to know a little bit more about your little corner of New York" She said as she pulled out her mints and set them on the table.

Alysa still didn’t know how or what to think about the tight hug, so, she just pushed it down into the depths where things get sorted out later or they just disappear with progression of time. She really didn’t want to ponder on it right now if front of Willow for that just might send out the wrong vibe, so it was best to stay neutral till she herself figures it out.

She smiled when Willow spoke about getting a breath mint for the pizza did numbers to one’s breath, “Sure… Thanks.” Alysa’s mind drifts off on how many times she has eaten pizza and never took a breath mint afterward… ‘What the hell!’ Alysa’s inner voice spoke out, ‘Really! Your sitting here pondering about how pizza effects your breath, hell, if she don’t like the smell of a pizza breath what the hell is she going to do when she smell the shit and piss in the projects!’ Alysa shuddered slightly and instantly began to try and figure a way out of this situation with Willow.

Alysa’s mind snapped out of her moment of anxiety when Willow spoke about the walk and how she would really enjoy that, however when Willow hit the crisis point of her anxiety Alysa’ self-control was shattered, “Look, I don’t think this is going to work, You want to know about my little area of New York! Well tell your driver to take you to the corner of 154th st and Melrose Ave and you will get the jist of my little world.” Alysa barked, the pain of poverty riddled her tone of voice.

Alysa tossed her pizza back onto the school’s cafeteria tray then down to the bench. She pushed herself up from the bench. “ I will meet you at the theater house, we will do all of the homework while we are there, we can make up shit, I don’t care just as long as it is done and over with by the time the movie is over.” Alysa turns away quickly for she feels tears welling up in her eyes. ‘What the fuck is this!’ she screams at herself, feeling the pain, ‘this kind of pain will get you killed on the streets stupid!’ her inner street voice was speaking volumes to her weaker side.

“Look, I gotta go, I’ll see you after school or at 7 o’clock at the theater, which ever happens first.” Alysa moved away quickly wiping her eyes. She could feel herself ripping apart for she was actually beginning to like Willow, only if her situation was different, she would love to have her as a friend, however, one can not control what life toss to them.

She found herself walking away slower than she normally walked, was it because she didn’t want to leave? Or something else, was she really wanting this so bad that it was hurt!? ‘FUCK!’ Alysa screamed to herself …

Willow blinked at Alysa. From outta no where she seemed to get hostile, her words dripping with confused vitriol that she almost thought if given the chance the woman would hit her. Obviously something was eating at her something profound and deep. She too had been there with the things in her life she knew some wounds were deeper than flesh and scarred your soul.

Willow let the woman say it all. She had too it would not mean anything if she hadn't. She herself had the same tirade with her mother and father after it all boiled to the surface. Now she sat and let Alysa spew her hate fueled words her way. She felt they were more Alysa venting than truly her thoughts so she didn't move.

Willow sprang into action as soon as Alysa began to move away. Her little feet carrying her across the ground so she could wrap her arms about Alysa. In the embrace she gave the brunette she let her lips kiss the nape of the exposed neck before she spoke." Its okay Alysa, I am here and I am not going anywhere. if you want to yell at me so be it, if you are hurt i will comfort you. Just don't push me away. I am beginning to like you. You are strong, confident, and carry your self with pride. You are honest and humble. You are at your core a decent person. Because of that I want to know you. Alysa please don't leave me"Willow said with conviction in her voice. She hoped that with this the brunette would stay and eat. She wanted to finish the project and do great work on it but she also felt an urge to really get to know this woman.

Alysa closed her eyes upon feeling Willow’s arms wrapping around her waist, her small steps stopped carrying her away from the girl. She didn’t know why the feelings she got from Willow holding her felt good and right, but there it was. These soul shattering feelings that rose from her chest she couldn’t deny them, however confusing to her they were, for she never in her life thought about another girl as she was feeling for this one. She wanted to get to know this girl, wanted to be with her, and the thought that she was ending the friendship when she walked away brought thee eye tearing pain to her chest.

Alysa jolted back to the moment upon feeling Willow’s soft lips kissing her neck, and to her own surprise she whimpered lowly when Willow pulled them away from her flesh, another confusing feelings swept over her as she longed to feel Willow’s lips upon her flesh longer, and everywhere. She blushed for the first time in many moons upon the heated feelings she was getting in this wanting to feel Willow’s lips everywhere on her body. “Willow.” She whispered the sweet name over her lips.

Alysa licked over her lips before being snapped out of this longing by the soft, caring tone of Willow as the girl gave her supportive reassurance that she wasn’t going anywhere, that she was there for her no matter what, and what Willow said next is what Alysa was feeling as well, she didn’t want whatever this was between them to come to an end. Alysa shook her head slightly when Willow began to pump colorful adjectives about her. She wanted to yell for the girl to stop for they just met on a personal level a few hours ago and there was no way she could be judged in that manner, but yet she had her first impressions about Willow just moments after the girl bought her groceries in a ‘God get out of the way attitude’ but now she didn’t want to leave this girl for more than five minutes. ‘What the fuck!?’ her tough, street voice rang in her ear.

Alysa turned slowly in Willow’s grasp, ensuring not to break the holding, She lifted her hand up to Willow’s face and cupped the girls cheek, stared into her eyes. “Look, I don’t know what is going through me this very moment, but confusion. I never in my life had these …” She shook her head as if trying to rid herself from the thoughts that were assaulting her mind at the moment. “Umm … Your not going to lose me but just let me figure out what I want, and what I … umm feel.” She could only speculate with an open mind that this was the same feeling that Willow was having for her by the girls actions, but she feared that this impression might be wrong like the first impression she thought of her back at the grocery store, which was ‘what a fucking richey bitch, I ought go out there and shove my money down her fucking throat!’ well that wasn’t what she was feeling now.

Alysa allowed her hand to drop from Willow’s face to the woman’s waist. “I’m still hungry, and my pizza is getting cold, so lets go back and eat. Shall we?” Alysa’s face showing the conviction of the words she spoke just moments ago. “I get really bitchy when I don’t eat very well.” Alysa added the note that was followed by her slowly turning Willow around back to the bench. “And there is no way I’m not going to finish my MT-n-Dew!” she claimed after spotting the bottle next to her pizza. “Oh, by the way… Stop with the flattering adjectives, it makes me feel weird.” She smiled playfully.

Willow nodded in reply letting the brunette finish her thoughts before she herself spoke. With a faint smile on her face she looked at Alysa. She was quite the beautiful creature both physically and well she hoped through a glimpse emotionally. Yes she had a hard exterior but she probably had too. She did not fault her such a thing, in fact she knew it was often the means to survive. She too wore a guise that the rest of the world saw outside her home.

" I understand." she said as she gestured to the table so they could return to the meal."I have the same bit of confusion about you. I will also refrain from doting on you too many adjectives." She said as she walked over and sat down at the table and picked up a bit of her lunch and ate it."Besides you need to eat that Pizza before it gets cold. Cause cold pizza is for breakfast silly" She giggled as she took up another roll and bit into it.

Alysa followed her hand gesture toward the table and nodded her agreement. Her eyes shifted about the area for any spectators that might have witnessed the event that occurred between Willow and herself, but to her relief there wasn’t a soul around them, which surprised her for the most part. She figured that Willow’s friends would be suffocating her at this time of day with the local gossip that would have flowed about the first half of the day.

Alysa smiled and nodded, “Yeah, I know I have had plenty of pizza mornings!” She giggled, but didn’t tell Willow that her pizza was the cheap Jack’s store bought so it wasn’t the best regardless if it was hot or cold! But these things will come out the more Willow dives into her life. She just wish that she wasn’t so broke that she could at least hide some of the really nasty things that occur around the apartment, like her mother’s whorish ways.

Alysa took a deep breath after rambling on the concerns in her mind. She pushed those thoughts off so that she can concentrate on the here and now. She wanted to know about Willow, what she liked to do to pass the time, what was her favorite places to eat or just to visit, but the most important thing that she wanted to know was how did Willow really feel about people with lower levels of society.

Taking a bite of pizza she looked over to Willow for the few moment to clear her mouth before speaking. “So tell me what you like to do to pass the time when not in school.” She asked with a clear, and unmistakeable interest in knowing. Alysa just hoped that the answer was something that she knew or was interested in it as well, which in case of Alysa here interest in things were only things that would deal with a way of her getting out of the projects and into a better level of living.

Willow smiled as she giggled at the reply. She too had a few pizzas' for breakfast. Granted it was more frequent since her mother became wheelchair bound, and her father seemed busy with the help. God she hated thinking of that, but what was she to do. She let her face frown as she felt her self slip into the darker thoughts.

Her mind going back to her mothers condition the diagnosis and the surgery. After that her father had to hire more help. Which in turn she found that her father unable to hold back his urges had begun sleeping with the staff. She didn't want that and so she had kept herself away from most relationships. Oh she knew of a few she would love to date, but all of them would do it more for the prestige and popularity from that. She also felt that even if she did get in a relationship that someone would eventually betray her. Still she secretly yearned for that very thing.

The question brought her mind to rest and her face smiled a soft warm smile. " Well I like to read comics, write and draw a bit. Or you know goof off swimming or singing a song and dancing. Which is kinda super embarrassing. My mom loves it though so thats something. I do wish I could get out of the house more to go hang out with some people. Doing normal things like late night coffee, movies, hanging at the mall. You know be a normal girl with out all the pomp and circumstance of being a Worthington" She said admitting a bit too much but she really did believe it.

"How about you what do you like to do outside of school and well your job" She says with a giggle. She was better now. It seemed Alysa was a bit of a balm for her, but it wouldn't last after this project the girl would go back to her life and she would be alone at the top once more.

Alysa noted the small change of demeanor that swept across Willow’s face upon talking about pizza for breakfast. She seemed to dull for a moment, this little twitch was enough for Alysa to realize that this uppity Manhattan girl’s life wasn’t a flawless diamond after all. A small ping of relief hit her, like wise so did a penal hit of shame. How in the hell can she feel better that someone else’s life has a moment of unhappiness in it? She shameful slapped herself for she was better than that, or was she? She slipped into a moment of confusion.

Alysa climbed out of the self dug hole of confusion and brought her attention to the young woman for she was answering her question about hobbies, Alysa didn’t really care to hear them for they were more than likely around shopping at some high society fashion mall or some organic tofu smorgasbord. Alysa shook her head for it appears her impressions of Willow was all wrong.

Alysa’s head nodded when the Willow’s list of activities settled down into her memory, however shameful, that intrigue seemed to tapper off when Willow rebounded the question to her, which she somewhat knew it would but was hoping that it wouldn’t. Alysa had this small voice that just wouldn’t shut up about maybe, just maybe this girl was seeking a true friendship with her, or better yet a little more than a friendship which was also a heavy shade of gray with her.

“Well, umm ….” Alysa’s mind was scrambling to try and compel a list of hobbies that she just didn’t have. “My list is really short, almost like nothing.” her voice matched the look of her face, somewhat bothered about the question, for Alysa didn’t have the money to have a hobby, but not only that the time to indulgent in one for she was either at work, for she would take all the overtime she could get when it came, or was dealing with the stupid shit her mother would do by being drunk or high with some nasty dude flopped on top of her.

“Ummm… Well I do like to go to the park and just sit and watch people, or go to the stream and just watch the small fish swim about.” She felt like a little prissy girl, nothing like the exterior of her body would announce to the world. Yeah, she put on that tough look on just to survive, for little prissy girls got eaten for breakfast in the projects. “Don’t tell anyone, I have an image to keep up!” Alysa stiffened up, trying to hide the softer side of her.

Alysa looked over at Willow, “Hey, lets meet here after school and we can walk to the movie house. Maybe catch an early show before I have to go to work?” Alysa asked for the lunch time was coming to an end. “If not, maybe we can just go to the mall or something.” Alysa cringed at that thought but was wanting to show that she was willing to dabble into the rich and famous world, just a little!

Willow smiled as she said she went out and watched the fish. It was a simple thing to do and sometimes that was the best thing to do. She smiled as she replied to her hobby." Well getting out into nature and watching it isn't a bad thing I bet you get to reflect alot on things while you enjoy just being in the moment."

She put another prosciutto wrap in her mouth and ate. She didn't even finish when Alysa asked about later. Willow jumped a bit at the question. She coughed a bit on her food and looked at the woman she was eating with."Ummmm" she said as she finished chewing her food. As she did she went over her after school schedule in her head. She would have to go home. She couldn't do anything otherwise.

"Alysa I would love too" She sighed and her shoulders sagged."I..have to..well head home after school. My mother will need me to help her out. If you want you can come with me" She said timidly as she looked away a bit embarrassed that she has to turn down the offer.

Alysa looked over to the red head woman when she coughed on her food and was about to ask if she was okay, but the woman recovered quickly and to Alysa’s observation the woman seemed to be thinking something through before she responded shaky to the after school suggestion. Alysa was about to shrug it off and dismiss it when the girl spoke up informing Alysa how she would love too participate with her but she had to go and help her mother, but quickly added that Alysa was welcome to come home with her.

Alysa bit at her lower lip doing the same process of thinking, but it wasn’t about if she had the time, it was over if she wanted to subject herself to the rich side lifestyle, she wondered if she would get that down look from her parents. She took a deep breath, her gaze dropped down to the concrete sidewalk. “Well, I will have to go to you home eventually so I might as well get it over with.” Alysa replied softly.

Her mind was sending uncomfortable waves of anxiety all over her body, but it wasn’t something that Alysa couldn’t handle, it was just something that she hadn’t had to deal with in a very long time. The hardship of her life was a private matter and now with all this, everything was being peeled open like an open book. She could only imagine what Willow was worrying about for she had to bring one of the street people to her home and parents.

“Umm, Okay I’ll meet you here after school.” Alysa responded just as the bell rang for all students to return to their classes. “Well have a good second half. I will see you later… Willow.” Alysa replied before turning and walking away to finish the day off.

Back