Rejection - Can it be appealed?

WillMaster1

Virgin
Hi all

I have submitted a story and it has been rejected, I think because it was only 400 words.

Is there an appeal process or do I just have to increase word count?

I ask because my next stories will be a lot longer, but this first short one is critical to the flow that will come from it, so just wondered if it is possible, or if I have to fluff it out a bit.

Thank you

Master Will

Hi all

I have submitted a story and it has been rejected, I think because it was only 400 words.

Is there an appeal process or do I just have to increase word count?

I ask because my next stories will be a lot longer, but this first short one is critical to the flow that will come from it, so just wondered if it is possible, or if I have to fluff it out a bit.

Thank you

Master Will
Not for a 400-word story, no, I don't think. The limit is 750 words. Some here combine short ones to make the lower limit. Maybe you could write another parallel story of 400 words and submit them in one piece.

Not for a 400-word story, no, I don't think. The limit is 750 words. Some here combine short ones to make the lower limit. Maybe you could write another parallel story of 400 words and submit them in one piece.

Ok cool thank you I will give that a go :)

Resubmit it as a poem,

And let us know how it goes. Curious to read a two paragraph story.

Depends if you feel its a stand alone, I do not see how fudging the tag matters.

I am adding to it, I think I can make it work, and will resubmit shortly. If it doesn't work at least I can learn from the feedback.
Poems can take longer to be approved, so keep that in mind if you want to post them sequentially.

If the following stories rely on this piece, just add it to the next chapter as a prologue.

Poems can take longer to be approved, so keep that in mind if you want to post them sequentially.

If the following stories rely on this piece, just add it to the next chapter as a prologue.
@WillMaster1 this is what I would do. Rework it as the prologue to your story and submit with what you've already prepared to be part two.

Back