Reading Books For Pleasure

FurryFury said:
Cool! I'll have to look back and see if anyone else hasn't finished it yet. If you are the last one, I may start the discussion thread as soon as you are done.

Fury :rose:

Sounds good :rose:

It is now clear to me that I am avoiding the book I am currently reading. The book is called Traitors and is by Andrew Snaden. It looked like a pretty cool spy thingie. ( I thought it might give me some ideas for a spy SRP I'm writing too.)

It has a totally cool dragon on the front cover but I'm four chapters in and I'm finding other things to do than read it. I'm not sure why.

They have a kick ass female character. I love that usually, but and this could be a big part of the problem, I think she might be a traitor which would suck for me since I like her. Another possible reason is they keep dropping religious stuff in the book. Now I may get some hate posts for this but if I want to read a religious book I will pick one up. This one is masquerading as a regular mainstream spy novel and I feel tricked.

When I said it wasn't my BDSM, I meant, they didn't build a trust between them before starting. That is key for me. I won't say some of the scenes didn't have me wet-er and throbing but no trust, no BDSM for me. It's not enough to have desires or to be in lust. To step up and over that line there needs to be a relationship, respect and trust IMO.

Was out of town for a couple of days but....I agree with you on the trust thing. I'm not someone that participates in the lifestyle I guess you would say but I found myself frustrated with this book because that trust didn't seem to have been established here. I know just like anything you have your range of extremes and types of things, some people need that..some don't. I suppose for this book, and these characters that wasn't needed though I found it hard to identify with the characters and maybe a little far fetched. Yes I know it's fiction but I am usually drawn in by things I can say are believeable. When I said all of this to my husband *he didn't read the book* he thought that last statement was funny, considering I read all kids of crazy fiction. I guess I just wanted to feel like the things she did with him...were because she did on some level have that special love/trust with and for him. Yeah...too romantic I suppose.

I am interested to see how a male feels about the book because I think I get wrapped up in the emotional part...and feel the writing about how "he" feels isn't addressed. That...bothers me.

Hisbabydoll26 said:
Was out of town for a couple of days but....I agree with you on the trust thing. I'm not someone that participates in the lifestyle I guess you would say but I found myself frustrated with this book because that trust didn't seem to have been established here. I know just like anything you have your range of extremes and types of things, some people need that..some don't. I suppose for this book, and these characters that wasn't needed though I found it hard to identify with the characters and maybe a little far fetched. Yes I know it's fiction but I am usually drawn in by things I can say are believeable. When I said all of this to my husband *he didn't read the book* he thought that last statement was funny, considering I read all kids of crazy fiction. I guess I just wanted to feel like the things she did with him...were because she did on some level have that special love/trust with and for him. Yeah...too romantic I suppose.

I am interested to see how a male feels about the book because I think I get wrapped up in the emotional part...and feel the writing about how "he" feels isn't addressed. That...bothers me.

Yes, I'd like to see about a male POV too. I suspect she wrote the male that way because she couldn't understand or get into his head. I can totally understand that because I've been there too.

By the same token, I suspect she didn't build a relationship of trust and respect that also had these luscious scenes in it because she couldn't conceive of that either.

I suspect she doesn't really know much about BDSM at all but thinks she does. I'd really like to know if she has ANY experience with it. I don't think she understands the submissive mind set at all. I think she sees it as a Jerry Springer, it just happened I couldn't stop myself kind of thing. *C* And that is a mind set I have little empathy or understanding of but each to their own I guess.

FurryFury said:
Yes, I'd like to see about a male POV too. I suspect she wrote the male that way because she couldn't understand or get into his head. I can totally understand that because I've been there too.

By the same token, I suspect she didn't build a relationship of trust and respect that also had these luscious scenes in it because she couldn't conceive of that either.

I suspect she doesn't really know much about BDSM at all but thinks she does. I'd really like to know if she has ANY experience with it. I don't think she understands the submissive mind set at all. I think she sees it as a Jerry Springer, it just happened I couldn't stop myself kind of thing. *C* And that is a mind set I have little empathy or understanding of but each to their own I guess.

Fury...intresting how you discuss how she may not know much about BDSM. Not knowing much myself...well it didn't really occur to me that she wouldn't. Perhaps she *the author* comes off like that because she wanted her character to come off like that as well. Being exposed to the boards here I have been shown that like many things in life..if you look deeper..not just at the surface you can learn a lot, relate, and be able to understand why people make the choices they do even when you may choose to not make the same choices.

I was frustrated times two because the other book I read was similar in that it didn't address that trust or how the male was feeling. I guess I was expecting something there that wasn't and although the overall genre really pulls me in....that part of these books feels incomplete to me...well turns me off. Even if the guy is a total jerk or is doing something out of hate or anger, at least I get his view. I guess what I'm saying is I needed more character development. Now that I'm thinking about it however....maybe you are right about her *the author* not knowing much about BDSM....making her character have amnesia would sure solve that wouldn't it.

I love your stories however and haven't ever felt that you didn't give me at least a taste of how the man was feeling. Now if I could just find something like that in a book I would be set.

Hisbabydoll26 said:
Fury...intresting how you discuss how she may not know much about BDSM. Not knowing much myself...well it didn't really occur to me that she wouldn't. Perhaps she *the author* comes off like that because she wanted her character to come off like that as well. Being exposed to the boards here I have been shown that like many things in life..if you look deeper..not just at the surface you can learn a lot, relate, and be able to understand why people make the choices they do even when you may choose to not make the same choices.

I was frustrated times two because the other book I read was similar in that it didn't address that trust or how the male was feeling. I guess I was expecting something there that wasn't and although the overall genre really pulls me in....that part of these books feels incomplete to me...well turns me off. Even if the guy is a total jerk or is doing something out of hate or anger, at least I get his view. I guess what I'm saying is I needed more character development. Now that I'm thinking about it however....maybe you are right about her *the author* not knowing much about BDSM....making her character have amnesia would sure solve that wouldn't it.

I love your stories however and haven't ever felt that you didn't give me at least a taste of how the man was feeling. Now if I could just find something like that in a book I would be set.
:heart:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

*HUGS*

Thank you so much!

I wrote another 5 pages on the next part of Virginity Sold tonight (now at 15 pages) and who knows maybe someday I'll write a book!

Can we save the trust part for book discussion, I think in real life your both correct but I have a thought as to why Carly does all this possible dangerous play.

You can discuss though, I just won't come back here until I've read it. If it's really important.

brioche said:
I haven't finished the book yet.

Oops!

I thought we might be missing someone.

Are you enjoying it?

leeroy jenkins said:
Can we save the trust part for book discussion, I think in real life your both correct but I have a thought as to why Carly does all this possible dangerous play.

Well sure. Sorry. I will shut my lil mouth about all that now.

FurryFury said:
Oops!

I thought we might be missing someone.

Are you enjoying it?

Well sure. Sorry. I will shut my lil mouth about all that now.

You better not do that because you have such a filthy mouth I am always ready to read what you say. :devil: Just mean to say I want to discuss the books shortfalls and high points when we are all done without that pesky real life coming into it.

leeroy jenkins said:
You better not do that because you have such a filthy mouth I am always ready to read what you say. :devil: Just mean to say I want to discuss the books shortfalls and high points when we are all done without that pesky real life coming into it.

I don't understand half the things you write btw and no deal. Real life will come into it.

sigh

*zipping lips until told to do otherwise* Although..I can't promise incoherent mumbling might not come through. ;)

FurryFury said:
I don't understand half the things you write btw and no deal. Real life will come into it.

Doesn't RL come into just about everything? :confused:

LMAO!

I literally have to lose my voice to be quiet or be REALLY pissed. The great thing about online is even when I do lose my voice, I can still talk!!!

I've given up on that one book now. *sighs* I'm just not reading it. On to the next!

Traitors by Andrew Snaden was the book I gave up on. I posted on here about it a while ago.

Now I'm reading The Soul of An Angel by Chelsea Quinn, thanks for that tip KC!!!

I got a pretty good tip for a book selection to be read by everyone who wants to for the BDSM book club today!

Last edited:
FurryFury said:
Traitors by Andrew Snaden was the book I gave up on. I posted on here about it a while ago.

Now I'm reading The Soul of An Angel by Chelsea Quinn, thanks for that tip KC!!!

I got a pretty good tip for a book selection to be read by everyone who wants to for the BDSM book club today!

I hope we get to the discussion soon book is due back on 27th and I do not wish to renew. What is the possible title of next book??

leeroy jenkins said:
I hope we get to the discussion soon book is due back on 27th and I do not wish to renew. What is the possible title of next book??

Eek! I'm not sure!

If anyone has any suggestions or preferences do let me know.

FurryFury said:
Eek! I'm not sure!

If anyone has any suggestions or preferences do let me know.

I will tilt nipple to others suggestions, most books I usually read are scifi or christian lol so do not think that will make it here.

leeroy jenkins said:
Today is the 20th, just wondering if we have all gotten the book read that are reading it??

I am just about done. Should finish by tomorrow.

Back