Quote of the Day!

...Thus, though we cannot make our sun. Stand still, yet we will make him run.

...Thus, though we cannot make our sun. Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Or, to shift poets but keep to themes, a little John Donne?

BUSY old fool, unruly Sun,
Why dost thou thus,
Through windows, and through curtains, call on us ?
Must to thy motions lovers' seasons run ?
Saucy pedantic wretch, go chide
Late school-boys and sour prentices,
Go tell court-huntsmen that the king will ride,
Call country ants to harvest offices ;
Love, all alike, no season knows nor clime,
Nor hours, days, months, which are the rags of time.

Thy beams so reverend, and strong
Why shouldst thou think ?
I could eclipse and cloud them with a wink,
But that I would not lose her sight so long.
If her eyes have not blinded thine,
Look, and to-morrow late tell me,
Whether both th' Indias of spice and mine
Be where thou left'st them, or lie here with me.
Ask for those kings whom thou saw'st yesterday,
And thou shalt hear, "All here in one bed lay."

She's all states, and all princes I ;
Nothing else is ;
Princes do but play us ; compared to this,
All honour's mimic, all wealth alchemy.
Thou, Sun, art half as happy as we,
In that the world's contracted thus ;
Thine age asks ease, and since thy duties be
To warm the world, that's done in warming us.
Shine here to us, and thou art everywhere ;
This bed thy center is, these walls thy sphere.

Or, to shift poets but keep to themes, a little John Donne?.

~whispers dimpling~

"Yes please...Thank you Sir for sharing. :rose:

I think perhaps I shall move it to my Passionate Poetry thread if I may? It is my hope that you might enjoy posting there too"

Quote of the Day!

:rose:

~We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.

And the human race is filled with passion.

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life.

But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

To quote from Whitman,

"O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish;

what good amid these, O me, O life?"

Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.

That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse.

What will your verse be? ~

John Keating - Dead Poets Society

Last edited:
I am sorry for misplacing the poem - please feel absolutely free to move it to your poetry thread. I shall hie me there instanter.

<Bows. Turns on immaculate heel and strides away through the great double doors into the winding corridors of the Literotica Palace.>

Quote of the Day!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Hunter S. Thompson​

Last edited:
Quote of the Day

239D011A-5802-45C3-AFEC-3AAD0FD04062-19211-00000B756F831F7F_zps5d6407bc.jpg

Unknown​

I am sorry for misplacing the poem - please feel absolutely free to move it to your poetry thread. I shall hie me there instanter.

<Bows. Turns on immaculate heel and strides away through the great double doors into the winding corridors of the Literotica Palace.>

*smiles*

It is fine to quote poetry here, I just wanted your poem for my other thread and felt it rude to simply steal it. Further, I thought that you would be a welcome contributor to that thread also...which you are. :)

"I am a lover without a lover. I am lovely and lonely and I belong deeply to myself."
~Unknown~​

I thought it was so you when I came across it. I only wish it had been accredited to whoever said it.:(

Perhaps it was written for me :)

Did you see my post in Soll? You did not reply I am really hoping you have a copy stashed somewhere, i have asked before you know...

Hell must be empty, for the devils are all here--(Shakespeare)

whispered to me at a staff meeting with the directors and ceo in attendance

Quote if the Day!

~Ah, there are so many things betwixt heaven and earth of which only the poets have dreamed~

Friedrich Nietzsche​

“...and, sometimes, looking at your ass, your legs, I see the old Greek woman you are going to be one day, you with your city woman’s view of the peasants, and I love you then, I want to be old with you, both of us hundreds of years old, and still loving each other, making tea and getting drunk and kissing in public and still writing ferocious poems to each other.”

Robert Kroetsch — Letters to Salonika

“...and, sometimes, looking at your ass, your legs, I see the old Greek woman you are going to be one day, you with your city woman’s view of the peasants, and I love you then, I want to be old with you, both of us hundreds of years old, and still loving each other, making tea and getting drunk and kissing in public and still writing ferocious poems to each other.”

Robert Kroetsch — Letters to Salonika

Ii really do adore this quote saysalice , thank you for posting it here. :):rose:

"If you do not hear music in your words, you have put too much thought into your writing and not enough heart.”
― Terry Brooks

Quote of the Day!

~Tomorrow, you promise yourself, will be different, yet tomorrow is too often a repetition of today.~

James T. McCay​

Quote of the Day!

~We all wear masks and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing our own skin~

André Berthiaume

Back