Question for the Dildo users

honestWithWifie

Really Experienced
I have bought high quality dildos for experimentation. My wife complains that they don't feel real - not as good as the real thing. I have had a real penis in my ass and a dildo - I can't feel the difference.

Certainly there are many who enjoy dildo play. Can you tell? Is there that much of a difference?

Certainly there are many who enjoy dildo play. Can you tell? Is there that much of a difference?
I’d say it depends. My current veined semi-soft feels really real, especially if warmed up in water before getting to town. Size wise it’s closer to the real thing as well.
Smaller dildos with vibration i don’t think feels real, but they stimulate in different ways with the vibes instead of filling you up and applying pressure to the right parts.

I've tried a few dildo's and find that the very firm veined ones are not comfortable. The feel ribbed and I don't like that bumpy road feeling sliding in/out my ass. Best feeling probe I experienced was a 12 inch anal probe, small head that would pop in and then the very smooth shaft followed. Felt great just a bit small, need something with more girth. A softer yet firm dildo feeling like the real thing is nice, makes me look forward to finally letting a real cock take me.
Next will be a dildo for strap on. They are smooth and come in different sizes.
I was able to spit roast myself with my dildo's one day-that was a fun one man experience I have repeated once in a while

I have bought high quality dildos for experimentation. My wife complains that they don't feel real - not as good as the real thing. I have had a real penis in my ass and a dildo - I can't feel the difference.

Assuming your wife is using them vaginally, I think there is a big difference between the way things feel there and how the feel in the rectum. Different nerve structure.
And a lot of men would be happy to hear “it just doesn’t feel as good as your cock.”

Assuming your wife is using them vaginally, I think there is a big difference between the way things feel there and how the feel in the rectum. Different nerve structure.
And a lot of men would be happy to hear “it just doesn’t feel as good as your cock.”
I was thinking pretty much this above... I'd like to add, Nothing is as good as the real thing, and no matter how much you try a dildo, a vibrating toy etc, it will not feel like the pulsing, energetic man weighing down on your body while making love or fucking because imo, position also matters.

I think that’s the deal. When having PIV sex my wife can feel the difference if I’m wearing a condom or not. On occasion (glow in the dark condom from the bar) we have used a condom in my wife’s dildo when she pegged me, I can’t tell.

I think that’s the deal. When having PIV sex my wife can feel the difference if I’m wearing a condom or not. On occasion (glow in the dark condom from the bar) we have used a condom in my wife’s dildo when she pegged me, I can’t tell.
We do have some medical professoinal on LIt. Maybe one of them can help. But it seems to me that the nerves in the rectum are designed to provide information about what is coming out, not what is going in.

You can't tell the difference between a dildo or a real cock in your ass? That's a shame. I can easily tell the difference and I am sure most people can. This is like saying you can't taste the difference between mustard and ketchup - maybe you can't but I can!

We do have some medical professoinal on LIt. Maybe one of them can help. But it seems to me that the nerves in the rectum are designed to provide information about what is coming out, not what is going in.
Ergo the rectum is made for outgoing traffic not incoming. Completely absurd. The nerves can only detect something in the rectum if it is going out not in? When someone is ass fucking they thrust in and out so the cock is going both directions.

I'd like to add, Nothing is as good as the real thing, and no matter how much you try a dildo, a vibrating toy etc, it will not feel like the pulsing, energetic man weighing down on your body while making love or fucking because imo, position also matters.
My wife has similar thoughts. She says her dildo or vibe might work okay in a pinch, but it doesn't talk or moan, doesn't come with two big strong hands, a warm mouth and a long soft tongue, and it's not attached to a hot body that does all the work. ;)

My wife has similar thoughts. She says her dildo or vibe might work okay in a pinch, but it doesn't talk or moan, doesn't come with two big strong hands, a warm mouth and a long soft tongue, and it's not attached to a hot body that does all the work. ;)
Right.... Exactly... 💯

Every different dildo and the real thing do yes feel different and you can generally tell.

one would think nerve endings are nerve endings, coming or going. They just might not have the clusters of them.

Last edited:
Most dildos are for me too firm and the veins make it uncomfortable after a while. My nicest experience is with a smooth shaft dildo, the double headed dong did a nice job for me, No firm veins, just smooth sailing. Even the head felt good on entry.
I'll look for a softer dildo and see if it feels better.
But I am still on the look out for the real thing

Why does it matter if other people can tell the difference? Your wife is telling you that she doesn’t enjoy how something feels. That’s all that matters. You don’t need other opinions on what the inside of your wife’s vagina feels like to her. She knows, just listen to her.

Back