Question about non con content

As long as the victim cums and isn't permanently injured, I think you'll be fine. There is a non-con category here. It's for non-consensual sex. There's no rule against non-con. The rules prohibit things like snuff, maimings, and rape where the focus is on torturing someone rather than tricking or pressuring or forcing them to have orgasmic sex.
Definitely not into snuff. Hmmm, racking my brain, one of my stories has a character stab another at the end of the act (they were essentially tricking him into an assassination attempt). He does survive it though, as is shown in the next chapter. I would consider that separate from the sex, but there is so much gray area šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­

There's a wide variety of stuff allowed on here. The Reluctance/Nonconsensual category is your go-to for anything that's "modern" in setting; you can put fantasy stories it here, too, but the readers there might penalize you. On the flipside, you can put noncon in SciFi/Fantasy, but then yu absolutely have to put a warning on it or people will yell at you. There's some stuff that might fit better in Fetish or BDSM, like clear CNC, but then some BDSM is rightly in R/NC; the excellent Alena's Game by oneagainst is femdom that strays so far into cruelty-- even though the narrator (the husband) explains that he wanted it all eventually-- is one example.

Basically, the categories are largely guidelines. Don't drop it in Romance (or maybe do, if you're aping a Harlequin novel and dress it up nicely), but you can make an argument for almost any category, depending on the content.

As others have said, make sure that it's clear that the victim, on some level, enjoys him/herself, or your submission will get kicked back. But within that guideline, you have a LOT of wiggle room. There are recently posted stories on here that very much skirt that guideline. But, especially for a first-time poster on here, you're going to want to err on the side of caution.

Good luck and let us know when you post your first story!
Thank you for this answer!! Like so many people here, my story has elements of several different categories. I read on a different thread that there is a soft 'hierarchy' of categories. I write yaoi/boyslove/MM/GayMale so I've categorized it in Gay Male, even though personally, I consider it a Fantasy/Sci Fi.

I just put in my first submission which is more heavy noncon and I'm planning to submit another which is consensual and see how they both play out with Laurel.

Back