Question about non con content

KassiopeiaX

Virgin
Hi! I'm brand new so hoping you will all be patient with me.

Rape kink. I have it. I write about it.

Are non con fics allowed on literotica? I read the content guidelines and it seems to be allowed as long as both parties enjoy it at some point? But that seems a bit vague to me. I mean how would you REALLY know?

In the story I've written, the characters get around to liking the character who raped them, but it takes a few chapters. There is a good amount of consensual and non con sex between the same people.

All the characters are 18+. All original characters. I'm willing to rework it a little bit to fit, but as mentioned, non con is kind of a kink of mine...

Simultaneously, I browsed the archive and found a whole bunch of non con stories which made me even more confused.

I'm a serious writer. I want to write a real story with a plot that has elements of non con, but it also has elements of fantasy, sci fi, even humor. I've never had a community of erotica writers to talk to before so I was really hoping I'd fit in. Thank you! Apologies if this post is in the wrong place or some such.

There's a bit more latitude when your setting is one that's obviously not the real world. So Sci-Fi&Fantasy elements hints that you'll have an easier time, assuming it's posted to that category.

When you're in an obviously not-real world, it's a matter of the level of physical and emotional damage done, and that's hard to quantify. The more it leans toward reluctance/coercion/mind control rather than physical attack, the more likely it is to pass. The old adage was that rape fantasy is allowed, rapist fantasy isn't. That doesn't really apply any longer, but it's still a starting point. There's a maybe on the first part, while the second is still forbidden.

On thing you need to know when browsing the archives is that the non-con rules have tightened considerably over the last few years. What used to fly won't any more. ( especially in real world categories other than non-con ) Also, there's only one person vetting every story that posts, so obviously she's just skimming. Things slip past. Some get reported and taken down, others don't. So just because it's live on the site doesn't mean it's a barometer for what's allowed today.

The line is extremely blurry. The good news is that you're not going to get banned or reprimanded for breaking the content rules. The story will get sent back to you, and you'll have the opportunity to address the issues if you still want to publish it here. That's it.

There's a bit more latitude when your setting is one that's obviously not the real world. So Sci-Fi&Fantasy elements hints that you'll have an easier time, assuming it's posted to that category.

When you're in an obviously not-real world, it's a matter of the level of physical and emotional damage done, and that's hard to quantify. The more it leans toward reluctance/coercion/mind control rather than physical attack, the more likely it is to pass. The old adage was that rape fantasy is allowed, rapist fantasy isn't. That doesn't really apply any longer, but it's still a starting point. There's a maybe on the first part, while the second is still forbidden.

On thing you need to know when browsing the archives is that the non-con rules have tightened considerably over the last few years. What used to fly won't any more. ( especially in real world categories other than non-con ) Also, there's only one person vetting every story that posts, so obviously she's just skimming. Things slip past. Some get reported and taken down, others don't. So just because it's live on the site doesn't mean it's a barometer for what's allowed today.

The line is extremely blurry. The good news is that you're not going to get banned or reprimanded for breaking the content rules. The story will get sent back to you, and you'll have the opportunity to address the issues if you still want to publish it here. That's it.
Seriously, thank you so much, this is really thorough and helpful!

The context about historical treatment of non con stories is also great.

I think I might adjust a little toward coercion/reluctance which still does it for me luckily, lol

Seriously, thank you so much, this is really thorough and helpful!

The context about historical treatment of non con stories is also great.

I think I might adjust a little toward coercion/reluctance which still does it for me luckily, lol
Adjusting the level is a good idea when you're first feeling your way. As RR notes, Laurel (the site owner and story editor) has tightened up on her line these last few years, so a story only five years old might get pushed back today.

The best approach is to write it the way you feel it needs to be written to satisfy your desires, submit it and see if it passes. If it doesn't, you'll get the opportunity to adjust your content - if you get to that point, you'll quickly learn what's acceptable, what's not.

Welcome to Lit, darling.

I really think RejectReality covered all the bases for this very well. As long as you avoid overt realism, lean into the erotica aspect, and avoid anything extremely abusive you should be just fine. My rule of thumb as an author in this category, if I have to pause and debate over anything, then I need to tone it down.

Adjusting the level is a good idea when you're first feeling your way. As RR notes, Laurel (the site owner and story editor) has tightened up on her line these last few years, so a story only five years old might get pushed back today.

The best approach is to write it the way you feel it needs to be written to satisfy your desires, submit it and see if it passes. If it doesn't, you'll get the opportunity to adjust your content - if you get to that point, you'll quickly learn what's acceptable, what's not.

Welcome to Lit, darling.

I really think RejectReality covered all the bases for this very well. As long as you avoid overt realism, lean into the erotica aspect, and avoid anything extremely abusive you should be just fine. My rule of thumb as an author in this category, if I have to pause and debate over anything, then I need to tone it down.
Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate it! Hearing that I can iterate on what I write to match the guidelines definitely makes me feel better and more willing to try it out!

The rape fetish does exist and it will probably help if you introduce your character early in the story as having that fetish. That way, you'll have a believable reason your character decides he or she liked the act. I've read stories on other sites where the rape happens to an unsuspecting woman with all the fighting back and screaming you'd probably expect only to have the victim declare on the last line or two that she thought about what happened and decided she liked the experience. If you wait until the last paragraph to state that he or she did enjoy it, not many readers will believe it to be even plausible, let alone possible.

I wrote a rape fantasy recently after reading about it here on the forums. I had no idea that was a thing, but my wife assures me it is. Amazing what you learn about someone even after 30 years. I thought my story was pushing the line of acceptability but I had no issues posting it nor have I gotten awful comments from irate readers.

Give it a go.

The rape fetish does exist and it will probably help if you introduce your character early in the story as having that fetish. That way, you'll have a believable reason your character decides he or she liked the act. I've read stories on other sites where the rape happens to an unsuspecting woman with all the fighting back and screaming you'd probably expect only to have the victim declare on the last line or two that she thought about what happened and decided she liked the experience. If you wait until the last paragraph to state that he or she did enjoy it, not many readers will believe it to be even plausible, let alone possible.
Very good point, ronde. I agree that this is not realistic lol
I wrote a rape fantasy recently after reading about it here on the forums. I had no idea that was a thing, but my wife assures me it is. Amazing what you learn about someone even after 30 years. I thought my story was pushing the line of acceptability but I had no issues posting it nor have I gotten awful comments from irate readers.

Give it a go.
Omg believe me it is real. I'm glad it went over well for you! I would love to read your story, robroy if you will link it 👀

Welcome to Lit, darling.

I think YMMV - I opened Oxygen Games with a "rape" in a gym after hours, as the FMC was locking up for the night and even put it into Erotic Couplings instead of Non-Con. No spoilers, obv. on the ending, but no issue with it clearing the hurdle.

The only advice that I will add to everyone else's, is for you to post enough of your story to allow for the context of any questionable content to be evaluated properly.

Having a non-con scene in one chapter, but the relationship dynamics that indicate acceptance by all participants showing up in later chapters is probably fine as long as you post them all together so that Laurel has the chance to see where the story is going.

The best thing is to wait until your story is completely finished before posting, but that is your choice. I'm just pointing out one advantage to doing so in this case.

I've read stories on other sites where the rape happens to an unsuspecting woman with all the fighting back and screaming you'd probably expect only to have the victim declare on the last line or two that she thought about what happened and decided she liked the experience. If you wait until the last paragraph to state that he or she did enjoy it, not many readers will believe it to be even plausible, let alone possible.
I would categorise such stories as rapist fantasies, not rape fantasies. There's a difference, I think.

Something that might be helpful to OP here - the site's advanced story search options allow one to filter to stories published in a category in the last month/year/etc. which might be handy for getting a sense of what's allowed now.

The best thing is to wait until your story is completely finished before posting, but that is your choice. I'm just pointing out one advantage to doing so in this case.
That's actually great advice and I have most of it finished - but I don't want all the chapters to be posted at one time - I'd like to build up a little suspense with a week or so in between chapters. Is that possible to do while submitting multiple chapters at a time?

Something that might be helpful to OP here - the site's advanced story search options allow one to filter to stories published in a category in the last month/year/etc. which might be handy for getting a sense of what's allowed now.
Oh lol, that is helpful actually. I was browsing on mobile and didn't even see that.

Thank you guys again for all your thoughtful comments!

I'd like to build up a little suspense with a week or so in between chapters. Is that possible to do while submitting multiple chapters at a time?
You can either submit them on a regular schedule and hope that they make it through in a timely manner, or submit all at once and in the Admin Notes field, request that they be posted on a schedule.

Welcome to Lit!! So glad you took a deep breath and decided to post! Sometimes that can be a scary thing!
So, let me also throw this out, in hopes that I add something different (lots of good insight here that I don't want to double up on). Did Harlequin Romance ever put a novel on the shelves that didn't have some kind of non-con/reluctance/soft rape in it? For years, it was the anchor for the two main characters in some form or fashion. Luke raped Laura, and then went on to have the most watched wedding in soap opera history.
But as many posters have pointed out, the field has been tightened up. You might want to compare your plotline and scenes to what has made the headlines with the Me too movement. If your plot-line tramps on something like Bill Cosby or Kevin Spacey or Joss Whedon or Jeffrey Epstein, you probably want to rethink it. If you keep it like Harlequin, you're probably safe.
For me, it's the reluctance that fuels the fire (rather than actual criminal assault). The idea that the other person will push you where you secretly want to go but can't get there yourself because of baggage that pins you down. So you're really swapping bindings - one ties you up on stuff that weighs you down, the other bindings take you to a place of pleasure, in spite of yourself. And you say NO, because you're supposed to, rather than the YES you will be shamed for saying.

Last edited:
That's actually great advice and I have most of it finished - but I don't want all the chapters to be posted at one time - I'd like to build up a little suspense with a week or so in between chapters. Is that possible to do while submitting multiple chapters at a time?
As AlohaDave said, you have the option of scheduling the submissions yourself and hoping that the queue at the time gets them posted when you want, or you can submit all at once and place your release (posting schedule) desires in the admin notes.

I want to emphasize once more making certain that you have the context that justifies your content, even if this means combining multiple chapters in a post. I've done this a couple of times where each "part" contains a fixed number of chapters. That allows me to have relevant parts being submitted together but still breaks the story up into multiple submissions.

Welcome to Lit!! So glad you took a deep breath and decided to post! Sometimes that can be a scary thing!
So, let me also throw this out, in hopes that I add something different (lots of good insight here that I don't want to double up on). Did Harlequin Romance ever put a novel on the shelves that didn't have some kind of non-con/reluctance/soft rape in it? For years, it was the anchor for the two main characters in some form or fashion. Luke raped Laura, and then went on to have the most watched wedding in soap opera history.
But as many posters have pointed out, the field has been tightened up. You might want to compare your plotline and scenes to what has made the headlines with the Me too movement. If your plot-line tramps on something like Bill Cosby or Kevin Spacey or Joss Whedon or Jeffrey Epstein, you probably want to rethink it. If you keep it like Harlequin, you're probably safe.
Amazing reply, and thank you for the warm welcome! You're right that I've observed plenty of non-con/reluctance whatever people are calling it these days in the genre (even the new shit lmao). Personally, I never had a problem with it because I'm able to clearly differentiate fiction from real life 😅

VS irl stuff like Epstein which is horrible, disgusting and should not be a part of civilized society.

For me, it's the reluctance that fuels the fire (rather than actual criminal assault). The idea that the other person will push you where you secretly want to go but can't get there yourself because of baggage that pins you down. So you're really swapping bindings - one ties you up on stuff that weighs you down, the other bindings take you to a place of pleasure, in spite of yourself. And you say NO, because you're supposed to, rather than the YES you will be shamed for saying.
EXACTLY this. I will try to work hard to make sure I'm not writing 'rapist fantasy' as many of you have helpfully drawn that distinction for me.

@alohadave @BobbyBrandt Appreciate your comments on the technical aspects of publishing on a schedule - Literotica works a bit differently when it comes to publishing and this really helps 😊

Are non con fics allowed on literotica? I read the content guidelines and it seems to be allowed as long as both parties enjoy it at some point? But that seems a bit vague to me. I mean how would you REALLY know?
As long as the victim cums and isn't permanently injured, I think you'll be fine. There is a non-con category here. It's for non-consensual sex. There's no rule against non-con. The rules prohibit things like snuff, maimings, and rape where the focus is on torturing someone rather than tricking or pressuring or forcing them to have orgasmic sex.

Rape kink. I have it. I write about it.

In the story I've written, the characters get around to liking the character who raped them, but it takes a few chapters. There is a good amount of consensual and non con sex between the same people.

All the characters are 18+. All original characters. I'm willing to rework it a little bit to fit, but as mentioned, non con is kind of a kink of mine...

Simultaneously, I browsed the archive and found a whole bunch of non con stories which made me even more confused.

I'm a serious writer. I want to write a real story with a plot that has elements of non con, but it also has elements of fantasy, sci fi, even humor. I've never had a community of erotica writers to talk to before so I was really hoping I'd fit in. Thank you! Apologies if this post is in the wrong place or some such.
There's a wide variety of stuff allowed on here. The Reluctance/Nonconsensual category is your go-to for anything that's "modern" in setting; you can put fantasy stories it here, too, but the readers there might penalize you. On the flipside, you can put noncon in SciFi/Fantasy, but then yu absolutely have to put a warning on it or people will yell at you. There's some stuff that might fit better in Fetish or BDSM, like clear CNC, but then some BDSM is rightly in R/NC; the excellent Alena's Game by oneagainst is femdom that strays so far into cruelty-- even though the narrator (the husband) explains that he wanted it all eventually-- is one example.

Basically, the categories are largely guidelines. Don't drop it in Romance (or maybe do, if you're aping a Harlequin novel and dress it up nicely), but you can make an argument for almost any category, depending on the content.

As others have said, make sure that it's clear that the victim, on some level, enjoys him/herself, or your submission will get kicked back. But within that guideline, you have a LOT of wiggle room. There are recently posted stories on here that very much skirt that guideline. But, especially for a first-time poster on here, you're going to want to err on the side of caution.

Good luck and let us know when you post your first story!

Back