Pulled stories still accessible through the comment page?

Last week I commented on a story that was shortly after pulled from the site ("Pandora's Box". Gang-rape, acid injections... fun times). Now, for some reason, that comment is still showing up in the "My Comments" sections of my Control Panel. Other comments that I left on stories that were pulled afterwards usually vanish from that list.

If I click the comment, something rather peculiar happens: I can still access the comments-page for that story, but I'm suddenly logged out. If I then click the story-title at the top of the comments-page, I can access the story despite it being pulled.

Is that... intended?

Probably not, but the story meta-data, including comments, must remain, because if a story gets reinstated, everything goes back the way it was.

If you click on the story title somewhere, you'll get an error message, but if you're accessing via comments, it's as if you're using the back door.

Probably not, but the story meta-data, including comments, must remain, because if a story gets reinstated, everything goes back the way it was.

If you click on the story title somewhere, you'll get an error message, but if you're accessing via comments, it's as if you're using the back door.

But why does it log me out, though?

Back