Proper 2023 Retrospective and Regularly Recurring Instigation

Obviously, I haven't seen Madeline's story. There have been other similar cases though. There was one a while back featuring a hitman who shot someone during sex. The focus was on him doing the job rather than the deed and so arguably it wasn't titilating. It was rejected and then went through when the assassination took place moments later.

From what I've seen I suspect that "Characters should not die during sexual activity or in sexualized situations" might be a better statement of the actual rule. Whether something is titillating or not can be arguable, so the above would be clearer. Even that doesn't match Madeline's story though as the characters didn't go through with the deed.

I was this close to writing a vignette in which a woman escapes a hitman by distracting him with sex. She grabs his gun while he's taking her from behind and blows his head off before bouncing out into the night.

Would have made a hell of a Christmas story... Ultimately I decided to go in a different direction, partly because I wasn't sure it would pass scrutiny, but mostly because I had my doubts about whether it would be too dark.

I'm all for writing the story you want first and looking for a place to publish it later.

This is the advice that makes the most sense. I have no judgment at all toward Madeline's story idea. Write what you want to write. But it doesn't do any good to noodle over the fidelity of the Site to its rules; they are what they are. This may or may not be the right place to publish the story. I can't tell, from the limited information given.

Would have made a hell of a Christmas story... Ultimately I decided to go in a different direction, partly because I wasn't sure it would pass scrutiny, but mostly because I had my doubts about whether it would be too dark.
I would not like to have heard that it was rejected on the grounds of the principle against being "intended as sexually titillating." I'd be sorry to see Literotica turn into a place like Kindle or LushStories where authors spend half their time trying to figure out how to get their stories past scrutiny. The rules we have are fine with me. But they should be interpreted strictly, not expanded unexpectedly.

Back