Progress versus Ideological Progress

desecration

Virgin
LIARberal "Progress" is in itself an orwellian doublespeak construct. When you factor the talking points used to support the narrative................ regress is the goal.

They want everybody afoot, without heat, lights, venturing no more than 15 minutes from where you were born

Circa 1656

because :reasons:

LIARberal "Progress" is in itself an orwellian doublespeak construct. When you factor the talking points used to support the narrative................ regress is the goal.

They want everybody afoot, without heat, lights, venturing no more than 15 minutes from where you were born

Circa 1656

☝️my vote for most asinine political board post for April 2024 (non-HisArpy Division). 👆

The Wizard Of Oz-scription

Circa 1656

Actually, I think they (the ruling elite class, politicians whose children all go the government's feeder colleges where the children of the unwashed masses are subtly, or not so subtly, denied admission) prefer a vast, distributed, unrelated population that is more involved with television and computer than other people so that we rely not upon each other or community but rather the caring, all-encompassing, benevolence and largess of Big Brother.

Unconnected population. More and more, we know one another less and less. Technology has done wonders to keep us at a distance.

Certainly out of line-of-sight range.

Pity that . . . .

And not just at a distance, but at each others' throats locked in virtual civil war where, to the average keyboard warrior, there (they're, maybe their, *chuckle*) can be only one...

At least, living on a ridge, I can look down on my neighbors.

Less wind to account for down there.

:D Gravity helps too!

There's that nice hilltop Out West where horses live.

It's all downhill from there.

"Why's your daughter on the roof with a rifle?"

"Snipers seek the high ground. Gives them a better range of fire."

Tim Allen, Last Man Standing

I don't think technology divided us, at all. If anything, it brought us closer together. Nope, look to what everyone is avoiding, and you always find the Elephant in the Room.

I don't think technology divided us, at all. If anything, it brought us closer together. Nope, look to what everyone is avoiding, and you always find the Elephant in the Room.
I'd have to agree with your notion. The internet has been a G-dsend for those whackadoodles like AJ, "libertarian" ammosexuals with limited social skillz. In the pre-Internet era, he'd be dismissed as a crackpot coot.

The online community allows him to seek out and interact with people who share his deluded Malthusian mindset, the Wat Tylers, Timmy McVeigh (RIP) and Kyle Rittenhouses of the world.

He has found his tribe.

The online community allows him to seek out and interact with people who share his deluded Malthusian mindset, the Wat Tylers, Timmy McVeigh (RIP) and Kyle Rittenhouses of the world.
Malthus, McVeigh, Shockley, Galton, Stoddard, Machiavelli, Redbeard. Bloody heretics.

I think you're right in that people tend to find niche communities.

Those are both good (accumulate knowledge) and bad (echo chamber).

I'd have to agree with your notion. The internet has been a G-dsend for those whackadoodles like AJ, "libertarian" ammosexuals with limited social skillz. In the pre-Internet era, he'd be dismissed as a crackpot coot.

He has found his tribe.
It would seem after 22 years on the Internet you've found yours as well.:rolleyes:

Back