Pet Peeves

SmokingFap

Former Stud
I have a variety of pet peeves, and after a quick search, I was surprised to find there actually was no thread on here to let people vent about the little crap in life that drives them batshit crazy. So here's a space to blow off some steam. What trivial matter makes you want to dive head-first off a cliff into a flaming Waffle House dumpster?

I also suggest reading through other people's pet peeves, to see if you are the reason someone wants to dive off that cliff.

Enjoy!

I guess the first pet peeve I'll offer (of many) is when people ask themselves questions out loud, and then don't know the answer to their own questions. Even worse is when they answer their own question to themselves with another question! I'm mainly talking about people like political pundits and sports talk hosts, but I have talked to people in person who do this, and it makes me want to tear THEIR hair out.

Example: Let's say, a political talk radio host.

"So, election season is upon us. But what will be the hot button issue during this cycle? It remains to be seen. Will it be the economy? I don't know. Will it be abortion? Possibly. Will it be the immigration issue? Some would say yes, but others would argue no. But the biggest question is, can Americans come together on any given issue? The answer is, who knows?"

These people make truckloads of money to analyze issues and give their allegedly-expert opinions on them. So why do so many of them seem incapable of doing that?

Who knows?

I guess the first pet peeve I'll offer (of many) is when people ask themselves questions out loud, and then don't know the answer to their own questions. Even worse is when they answer their own question to themselves with another question! I'm mainly talking about people like political pundits and sports talk hosts, but I have talked to people in person who do this, and it makes me want to tear THEIR hair out.

Example: Let's say, a political talk radio host.

"So, election season is upon us. But what will be the hot button issue during this cycle? It remains to be seen. Will it be the economy? I don't know. Will it be abortion? Possibly. Will it be the immigration issue? Some would say yes, but others would argue no. But the biggest question is, can Americans come together on any given issue? The answer is, who knows?"

These people make truckloads of money to analyze issues and give their allegedly-expert opinions on them. So why do so many of them seem incapable of doing that?

Who knows?
Talking just to fucking talk, I hate this too 😂

Another thing that bugs the shit out of me is people who don't dress appropriately for the weather. It's usually younger people. But I can't STAND seeing some twenty-something hipster walking around in shorts and flip-flops when it's 27° out. It doesn't affect my life at all, but I really hope the little bastards are miserable in their quest to seem too cool to bother wearing reasonable clothing.

This is going to obviously be different depending on the state or country you're in, but I'm from Texas. We have bike lanes in very small instances. But that doesn't mean you should be cycling on a 40 mph road. I cannot stand cyclists on main roads

This is going to obviously be different depending on the state or country you're in, but I'm from Texas. We have bike lanes in very small instances. But that doesn't mean you should be cycling on a 40 mph road. I cannot stand cyclists on main roads
Shit, that just reminded me of another thing I absolutely hate. Guys who are way too old to still be skateboarding practicing elementary tricks in parking lots.

Shit, that just reminded me of another thing I absolutely hate. Guys who are way too old to still be skateboarding practicing elementary tricks in parking lots.
Skate parks exist for a reason. I understand having hobbies but just get out of the way 😂

Alright, I'm putting away my soapbox for the night. I'm curious to know what everyone else says makes them want to gouge their own eyes out.

Back