ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not! I used new ones with a bar of steel imbedded inside the middle.

hmm not so sure about this steel buisness, but thanks Hy, looking good.

Yeah... sure.. whatever...

DAMNIT!!!! It took me 3 weeks to down load that!

Eva movie part one. when I upgraded my Kazza, all the dwnloaded stuff I had was erased.... DAMN!!!

brawlin

Whew. I'm back, though dunno if too many remember me anyway ;)

Just callin for anyone who might be interested in joining Cartoon Brawl. It's really freeform and it's going strong but it would be a lot more fun if there were a couple more people. Since you can play basically anyone you want from a video game or a cartoon/anime it's pretty nice, and not everything you do necessary has to be brawling. ^_^

Don't mean to make a shameless plug. Really, I'm just wanting for more people to rp with over here ;)

anyway, hope everyone is having a good night.

Hybridx, that sucks about KaZaa... are you sure it's actually gone from your comp or just gone form your list? you might have to find the files agian. I had to do that...

Yeah, I looked every where... I'l just down load it later!

Oh and don't worry bout anoucing that Jaco! This is wat this thread is for!

Much as i hate to be helpful to Hy, this is stuff that Lauren might run into, so I'll toss in my two cents.
The reason that you lost your files was that when you upgraded, you overwrote the files. Kazaa is not actually an upgradeable program, it simply reinstalls the new version entirely over the old version. Since your files were most likely kept in the default directory, My Shared Folder, everything you kept there was overwritten when the new version created it's own My Shared Folder. The two easiest ways to avoid this are to either A: - shift your files to a new folder of your own making before upgrading, or B: - do as I do, and don't use the default directory. When I installed, instead of going with the default C:\ etc-whatever- My Shared Folder, I change the drive, and put it in D:. That way, when and if I upgrade, it tries once again to install to C:, so I have leeway if I forget to shift my files.

You should get into the habit of not keeping all of your files in the default directory anyway, since, unless you've compiled your hard drive from within Kazaa, thats the only place people can DL from you from. You can keep file sharing on, set at maximum so people actually like you, and still control what's being DLed from you by limiting who has access to what on your computer.

Blaze

I just have the shared folder icon on my desktop and leave 20 or 30 files in there. No hassle that way. Muahahahaha.

yep. you know where mine download to? the Scour Exchange folder! *laughs*

Since I had my HD upgraded ... wow about a year ago. When Luclin came out. I use my small puny drive for all my DL-ing needs.

:evin kitty grin:

I made my first attempt at a campaign, "The Illumina Wars". Please post if you're interested. If nothing else, the storyline might make fun reading. ^_^

hope ya'll are doin well!

Well, adventure campaign, thread, yeah, thingie, whatever.

I dunno, maybe Luna could run for president. She'd be as good as any, I suppose. And she seems to be getting popular. ^_^

BlazeofLife said:
Much as i hate to be helpful to Hy, this is stuff that Lauren might run into, so I'll toss in my two cents.
The reason that you lost your files was that when you upgraded, you overwrote the files. Kazaa is not actually an upgradeable program, it simply reinstalls the new version entirely over the old version. Since your files were most likely kept in the default directory, My Shared Folder, everything you kept there was overwritten when the new version created it's own My Shared Folder. The two easiest ways to avoid this are to either A: - shift your files to a new folder of your own making before upgrading, or B: - do as I do, and don't use the default directory. When I installed, instead of going with the default C:\ etc-whatever- My Shared Folder, I change the drive, and put it in D:. That way, when and if I upgrade, it tries once again to install to C:, so I have leeway if I forget to shift my files.

You should get into the habit of not keeping all of your files in the default directory anyway, since, unless you've compiled your hard drive from within Kazaa, thats the only place people can DL from you from. You can keep file sharing on, set at maximum so people actually like you, and still control what's being DLed from you by limiting who has access to what on your computer.

Blaze
Not really...

I had over 400 files in My Shared Folder, and whenI upgraded (or installed over it) , it kept all my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back