OOC -- Pest Control: Eradicating the Human Race

KyleReevis

Really Experienced
OOC

"Pest Control: Eradicating the Human Race"

PLEASE...
This is not a chat thread.
This is for organizing useful RP information.
Questions, comments, and concerns should be PM'd
to the host or other appropriate writer.
Thank you

Basic Starting Point:

An alien race has arrived at Earth with the intent of making themselves to home, but before they can do that they need to eliminate the currently dominant species: humans.

Small Group Role Play:

This will be a small group role play: 3-5 writers with 3-15 on again, off again characters.

Making Joining Late Easy:

Many writers will not join a group role play that is already in progress because they feel that they have already missed too much of the story. To combat this, I will keep and update a page that lists the primary occurrences in each posted reply. This way, a prospective writer -- and even an already involved writer -- can easily find important facts and events.

This is a lot of effort on my part, but I am willing to do it to assist writers in joining at a later date.

Darkness and Death:

This is going to be a dark, brutal, and tragic tale of the eradication of the human race. People will die. Which means that characters will die. Now, it is not my intent to kill off the characters for whom you have invested a great deal of time and effort to create. So long as you -- I mean they, the characters -- don't do something stupid and reckless, they will go on to have fruitful lives. Well, fruitful is a stretch, but they will be alive!

However, there's gonna be death, so it is my suggestion that each writer create one or two long term, primary characters, either together in the same location or in separate locations and situations; and create one or more short term, expendable characters to provide sacrificial lambs for the slaughter. :eek: You will find it more dramatically satisfying if you can partake of the carnage, don't you think?

My Characters:

I will write the aliens, of course. I will also write human characters whose primary purpose is to provide exposition; and some secondary human characters as needed to interact with your characters and/or offer more lambs.

Writers for whom I am looking:

Proof reading for spelling, grammar, and punctuation is a must. Mistakes are made. Hell, look close enough and you'll probably find some in this post. But I check for errors before I post, and I beg you to do the same.

I do not have a firm rule on posting frequency and length, other than this:

• If you are going to be a major part of the story and have important interactions with the other characters/writers, you need to be committed to posting almost every day, more often than not more than once a day, otherwise the story crawls, then dies.
  • If you wish to have some flexibility in posting, you can by not being a central character. There's nothing saying your character can't interact in a less vital part, perhaps only with one or more of the host's own characters, thereby not slowing down one of the other writers.
  • Common sense, common courtesy.
  • I would clarify this more, but I have to go to work. Later.

Sex!

There will be opportunities for sexual interaction, but this is primarily a non-sexual story about the end of human civilization and what the survivors do to survive.

Because it is not a sexual role play, I would appreciate it if you either end your sex scenes in less than a handful of posts, write them fade-to-black, or write them in a separate thread and link that thread to the main thread in the appropriate position in the time line. (I can explain this further to anyone interested in knowing more.)

I have to go to work, so this isn't done.

Please do not post your interest in this thread. PM me instead.

Last edited:
Back