Oddities in Ratings and Views - Observations from New Author

Also, I'll definitely avoid using the "cheating" tag from henceforth. Duly Noted.

Oh, please don't do that. Personally I enjoy just about any erotica except cheating, which makes me feel sick inside when I read it. I'd hate to be blind sided. I skimmed your first two chapters after reading your post here with worry, fearing that the cheating might pop up at any moment, but they were nice, hot, stories. Well written and arousing. I knew to quit at number three because you were kind enough to use the tag. Don't let the trolls win. Tags are there so that the reasonable people stop reading something they know they won't enjoy.

People feel the same aversion about non-con and well, lots of things I write about, so I make sure to include the appropriate tags regardless of what that might do to my scores.

If you post in "Loving Wives" don your asbestos underwear as you hit the "submit" button. Even my best-written stories will get a "burn the bitch" quote, often quite unrelated to the actual text. Just the fact that it is posted in "Loving Wives" earns it one bombs from the woman-haters. I can't figure these guys out (and it is ALWAYS guys) seem positively puritanical. In another era, these losers would have hung the scarlet letter on Hester Prine and brag about it. Why they even read these stories is a real conundrum. Most of us, if we don't like, westerns or SF, simply don't pick those books up at the bookstore. Is it hate-reading or something pathological? I welcome constructive criticism but calling me a "cuck" or "pussy" serves no purpose. I don't post in "Loving Wives" now unless the story positively won't fit anywhere else. Who needs the brick-bats?

Oh, please don't do that. Personally I enjoy just about any erotica except cheating, which makes me feel sick inside when I read it. I'd hate to be blind sided. I skimmed your first two chapters after reading your post here with worry, fearing that the cheating might pop up at any moment, but they were nice, hot, stories. Well written and arousing. I knew to quit at number three because you were kind enough to use the tag. Don't let the trolls win. Tags are there so that the reasonable people stop reading something they know they won't enjoy.

People feel the same aversion about non-con and well, lots of things I write about, so I make sure to include the appropriate tags regardless of what that might do to my scores.

Unfortunately cheating occurs in at least 40% of all marriages by one or both partners. Then you have the "open" marriage the swingers and mingle-ers, and the cuckolding couples.

Gay & lesbian couples have the same issues, cheating and all the rest same as straight and semi straight. :)

In the end, the stories are just that, stories for entertainment. Tags are great for those that don't want this or that. I remember one woman complain about her cheating husband, the cheating was rape. Go figure her complaint was the cheating and not the rape part.

Unfortunately cheating occurs in at least 40% of all marriages by one or both partners. Then you have the "open" marriage the swingers and mingle-ers, and the cuckolding couples.

Gay & lesbian couples have the same issues, cheating and all the rest same as straight and semi straight. :)

In the end, the stories are just that, stories for entertainment. Tags are great for those that don't want this or that. I remember one woman complain about her cheating husband, the cheating was rape. Go figure her complaint was the cheating and not the rape part.

I'm not criticizing anyone else's kink. Lord knows I have enough of my own. I'm just defending using tags, regardless of the fact that trolls use them disingenuously.

It doesn't really matter how common something is. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

Understood, and advice/request acknowledged. I included the tags for the reasons you state: to be forthcoming about the content as much as possible. I respect people's time, and didn't want to offer up something that is not their bag. There was a reasonable comment on the third story essentially saying, "had to quit, can't take the cheating, which was tagged," and it was generally a fair comment.

Cheers,
RichardK

Courtesy of LW this is still one of my favorite comments.

Anonymousover 7 years ago
Never Again
Where does he get this pathetic shit? I got sick of picking the corn out his verbal diarrhea on the second page and had to stop reading. Awful. Just awful.

Doesn't that mean they actually consumed a real quantity of shitty corn — 2 pages +/- to be exact? I mean that's a lot of shit covered corn, unless they washed it off a bit after picking it out before swallowing it :confused: Not something I would do, that's for sure.

I'm not criticizing anyone else's kink. Lord knows I have enough of my own. I'm just defending using tags, regardless of the fact that trolls use them disingenuously.

It doesn't really matter how common something is. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

I'm just saying it something that most people have at least a passing knowledge of, as they did it, had it done to them, have friends involved in it or affected by it. Cheating is a something readers can relate to.

Last edited:
I haven't slammed a car door on my hand, either. No hurries on either count. You can have my chance. :)

I think I was being tongue-in-cheek. Too late; I've already done it, like over a year ago. I don't think I'm going to do it again.

I just submitted a cheating wife "Mrs. Robinson" with a younger man story. On purpose I made it an Anal story to avoid LW, and it is not a cheat. It is very anal sex oriented. But when deciding the kind of sex for "Mrs. Robinson" to desire, I chose the backdoor for that reason.

BTW: I read today that incels are now attacking women in bars and discos in the UK with needles, sticking them in the back and injecting them with horrible stuff. The fucking world has gone crazy thanks to the internet and social media.

Do folks here really think the potshooters in the Loving Wives category search on keywords for stories at all? I don't really see them doing that. I think they just look at what pops up on the new lists in the category every day and load up their rifles. I can't see them even noticing that there's a keyword system for searching here.

Do folks here really think the potshooters in the Loving Wives category search on keywords for stories at all? I don't really see them doing that. I think they just look at what pops up on the new lists in the category every day and load up their rifles. I can't see them even noticing that there's a keyword system for searching here.

That seems the most plausible to me, yeah. I suspect for most of them, using the category system is about the limit of their technical ability.

My limited experience in LW is that the first 24 hours is the roughest time. The barrage lessens in the next 24, and by 72 hours the hate is burnt out. However, the damage is done and story, while maybe having dozens of favorites, the vote never recovers.

However, the damage is done and story, while maybe having dozens of favorites, the vote never recovers.

The obverse way of looking at this is that the favorites are what matter and the nutty downvoting doesn't stop one from picking up favorites.

If one focuses on favorites rather than high score numbers it saves one a lot of unnecessary headaches.

The obverse way of looking at this is that the favorites are what matter and the nutty downvoting doesn't stop one from picking up favorites.

If one focuses on favorites rather than high score numbers it saves one a lot of unnecessary headaches.

yup!:cattail:

As a corrolary, what is the general feeling about comments, particular anonymous ones?

I received the following comment on my story's fourth chapter today:

"Horribly Written Trash. 1"

While it gave me a genuine chuckle, I waffled on whether to delete it or not. I deleted it in the end. I've left up all other critical comments, as at least they took the time to explain what they didn't like. This, however, simply felt like a shallow, scurrilous outburst.

Cheers,
RichardK

As a corrolary, what is the general feeling about comments, particular anonymous ones?

Comments that are personal attacks, insults, or simply wrong get deleted. I leave anything else.

There's nothing wrong with anonymous comments. Some anonymous comments are as good as comments get.

I just submitted a cheating wife "Mrs. Robinson" with a younger man story. On purpose I made it an Anal story to avoid LW, and it is not a cheat. It is very anal sex oriented. But when deciding the kind of sex for "Mrs. Robinson" to desire, I chose the backdoor for that reason.

BTW: I read today that incels are now attacking women in bars and discos in the UK with needles, sticking them in the back and injecting them with horrible stuff. The fucking world has gone crazy thanks to the internet and social media.

You don't have to twist yourself into knots. Just put it in either Erotic Couplings or perhaps Mature. Both members of the couple (assuming it is a couple) don't have to be mature, do they? (I've never posted there.)

Since you mentioned it, I think the world has always been crazy; we just lacked the mass media to tell us about it in such detail.

It turns out that LW is an excellent category for posting stories that don’t actually have LW elements at all. Look at the 1-year and 30-day lists of the top rated stories in the category and you’ll find some nonerotic stories near the top.

LW readers will provide lots of views and lots of (supportive mostly) comments for stuff like detective stories! Give it a shot.

Agreed 100% on favorites, both on stories and as an author.

Granted there are people who push up both with alts, but they're a rare breed and you need an account to fav and who is going to set up that many accounts and user names etc? So most favs in my eyes are legit.

Half of my stories just lost a few votes and jumped up in score.

A kiss Before We Part lost one vote and went from 4.45 to 4.52

Arms of the Succubus went from 4.55 to 4.62 with the loss of one vote

Just a Friendly Drink jumped from 4.75 to 4.78 with the loss of one vote

Molly’s Rapturous Embrace changed from 4.66 to 4.78 again losing one vote

Tomboy: Terri Hits a Homer went from 4.59 to 4.61 with the loss of one vote

Several of those not hovering around H also changed...

Last edited:
That seems the most plausible to me, yeah. I suspect for most of them, using the category system is about the limit of their technical ability.

Its really hard hitting keys with hooves. They probably just have the new story list for LW bookmarked so its only one click to get there.

Doesn't that mean they actually consumed a real quantity of shitty corn — 2 pages +/- to be exact? I mean that's a lot of shit covered corn, unless they washed it off a bit after picking it out before swallowing it :confused: Not something I would do, that's for sure.

I thought about that, then had a montage of shit expressions

That's good shit
That's the shit
Shit's getting real....

Guess they ate their fill and left. :eek:

Feel free to do whatever you want with comments. You can delete those you don't like, or turn them off, or turn off anonymous comments.

I personally almost never delete comments, because I find even the very negative ones interesting in a sort of perverse way.

Most anonymous comments are positive, so I would never turn off anonymous comments as a general matter.

Back