Obama Breaks The Law...Again

That won't matter. Jen wears a special type of beer goggles that labels everyone as an Obama supporter.

It's amazing how well she types on other parts of the board but in here she intentionally spells things wrong.

I think it's important to note that Bergdahl was not captured in the normal sense, he deserted his post and then got caught. And there is this tweet from his father:

free-guantanimo-prisoners-tweet-zigler.png

Funny that you would run with the worst of the rumors of how he was captured. You didn't even manage to get that right.

Accounts of his capture differ. The version offered by Bergdahl, in the video, is that he was captured when he fell behind on a patrol. Taliban sources allege he was ambushed after becoming drunk off base; U.S. military sources deny that claim, stating, "The Taliban are known for lying and what they are claiming [is] not true". Other sources said Bergdahl walked off his base after his shift or that he was grabbed from a latrine.

Anything to disparage him and his family huh.. You're some piece of work.

The other thing is, who cares if he's held prisoner? The fucker is a deserter. So, the question is why would Obama release 5 top Taliban commanders, endangering American lives, for this slug, other than to benefit the fucking enemy?

The way of the Marine is to disparage his fellow soldier, captured and held in captivity for 5 years, based on an unsubstantiated version of the circumstances of his capture put forward by two unidentified sources.

Such honor. :rolleyes:

I applaud them getting our man back. Kudos.

I, however, cannot support the method by which they did it with one caveat...

;) ;)

... if they've somehow planted tracking devices on them.

It would seem to lead to the idea that the Islamacists should be taking more hostages...

So an American soldier is finally freed after 5 years in captivity and you are complaining about it? Really?

What the fuck is wrong with people like you?

People like you who cannot keep things in context or allow that other people just might have a different and possibly just as correct point of view.

I am ebullient that he is home, not just for his family, but because of our code, no man left behind. However, I wonder if it is the Administration taking their eye off the ball and deciding to get the troops out without victory based on political timelines and if we had enough resources in the field, maybe we could have got him like we got bin Laden.

We had a no negotiation policy.

What next? Does Boko Haram now demand the rest of the Gitmo detainees be released to get the girls back?

The man deserted his post in the face of the enemy. Why would Obama go to these lengths, breaking the law, to release top Taliban Commanders, who will no doubt come back to haunt us. Did he think nobody was watching? Bergdahl should get a General Courts Martial, Art 85 UCMJ carries the death penalty.

I do not know that back story.

If that were to be true, it would be a horrible thing indeed.

Link me some backdrop.

This is how former service men Honour fellow soldiers.

Still Wonder why you're considered morons?

I think it's important to note that Bergdahl was not captured in the normal sense, he deserted his post and then got caught. And there is this tweet from his father:

free-guantanimo-prisoners-tweet-zigler.png

Wow. Just fucking wow. I thought the beard was more Duck Dynasty than Kaczynski...

The man deserted his post in the face of the enemy. Why would Obama go to these lengths, breaking the law, to release top Taliban Commanders, who will no doubt come back to haunt us. Did he think nobody was watching? Bergdahl should get a General Courts Martial, Art 85 UCMJ carries the death penalty.

Funny that the US Army seems to disagree with your version of events.

Do you think that someone who was thought to have deserted would have been promoted while in captivity? Not just once, but twice? He was a PFC when captured, and was promoted to Sergeant E-5 in 2011.

You're so intent on trying to spin his release into a mark against the President that you're more than willing to throw a fellow soldier and his family under the bus.

As far as the President "breaking the law", perhaps you should take a good long look at the signing statement attached to that law. Then take a deep breath and shut the fuck up already.

I applaud them getting our man back. Kudos.

People like you who cannot keep things in context or allow that other people just might have a different and possibly just as correct point of view.

I am ebullient that he is home, not just for his family, but because of our code, no man left behind. However, I wonder if it is the Administration taking their eye off the ball and deciding to get the troops out without victory based on political timelines and if we had enough resources in the field, maybe we could have got him like we got bin Laden.

We had a no negotiation policy.

What next? Does Boko Haram now demand the rest of the Gitmo detainees be released to get the girls back?

This is why you are actually the moron.

Morons cannot converse or discern subtleties.

What are your talking points telling you that the story is here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDownSouth
The Three Bitter Marines (AJ, Miles and Grandpa Urine) are all happy to get Bergdahl back, BUT......
The marines Wouldn't take any of their candy asses.

This is what they mean by supporting the troops but not the mission.

Shut the fuck up. This asshole dishonored himself and the faithful service of his comrades by deserting his post. Obama just endangered ever American life in Afghanistan with this stupid and illegal action.

You know nothing, as usual, and as usual you're going to just keep shouting the same idiotic bullshit over and over.

He was captured. Even the version of the story you want to believe doesn't say that he deserted his post, only that he walked off base at the end of his shift OR was taken from a latrine.

Last time I checked, being captured and held prisoner isn't desertion or AWOL.

You're frothing..

Personally, I'm waiting for the all caps version.

The way of the Marine is to disparage his fellow soldier, captured and held in captivity for 5 years, based on an unsubstantiated version of the circumstances of his capture put forward by two unidentified sources.

Such honor. :rolleyes:
And the negotiations for Bergdahl's release cost 1.2 billion dollars a day!

Funny that the US Army seems to disagree with your version of events.

Do you think that someone who was thought to have deserted would have been promoted while in captivity? Not just once, but twice? He was a PFC when captured, and was promoted to Sergeant E-5 in 2011.

You're so intent on trying to spin his release into a mark against the President that you're more than willing to throw a fellow soldier and his family under the bus.

As far as the President "breaking the law", perhaps you should take a good long look at the signing statement attached to that law. Then take a deep breath and shut the fuck up already.

Don't you know that Vette's (alleged) military service some 40 years ago gives him the inside track to all sorts of information the rest of us mere mortals don't have access to? He's plugged into those ultra secret interwebs where only he knows what really happened.

You know nothing, as usual, and as usual you're going to just keep shouting the same idiotic bullshit over and over.

He was captured. Even the version of the story you want to believe doesn't say that he deserted his post, only that he walked off base at the end of his shift OR was taken from a latrine.

Last time I checked, being captured and held prisoner isn't desertion or AWOL.

You're frothing..

Personally, I'm waiting for the all caps version.

How the fuck do you get promoted while you're in captivity?

Back