Obama Breaks The Law...Again

Not at all like Arms for Hostages. THIS is on the up-and-up... after all it has the approval of a Nobel Laureate.

A senior administration official, agreeing to speak on the condition of anonymity to explain the timing of the congressional notification, acknowledged that the law was not followed. When he signed the law last year, Obama issued a signing statement contending that the notification requirement was an unconstitutional infringement on his powers as commander in chief and that he therefore could override it.

“Due to a near-term opportunity to save Sergeant Bergdahl’s life, we moved as quickly as possible,” the official said. “The administration determined that given these unique and exigent circumstances, such a transfer should go forward notwithstanding the notice requirement.”

Pure bullcrap...

...it is reported that the administration received confirmation that Bergdahl was alive last November, when the Taliban initiated talks to begin the swap. This negotiating process has been ongoing for the last 5 months and, by every report I've read since his release was announced, Bergdahl is in very good health.

It is simply one more blatant lie to state that obeying the law would've placed Bergdahl in any danger at all, or would've threatened the swap itself: the Taliban got exactly what they wanted back - 5 of their and al Qaeda's top terrorists - and all they had to give up is a soldier who may very well have deserted his way into being captured in the first place, and who told his parents he was ashamed to be an American before allegedly going AWOL.

I reckon his disdain for his own country is a very plausible reason why his treatment from his captors these last 5 years might turn out to be considered lenient, instead of losing his head right off the bat.

What I despise about this President is what I've come to despise about all Presidents in my lifetime, it seems: instead of being straight up, they have to intentionally lie.

President Obama did not intentionally disobey the law in this case for the "humanitarian" reason(s) his mouthpieces are now instructed to mislead with, nor for the reason(s) he will no doubt expand upon from here on out...

...he intentionally disobeyed the law simply because of the truth reported above: the President, in fact, in this case, considers himself above the law.

Why can't he simply, honestly, run with that truth...

...instead of intentionally lying, too?

Mohammad Fazl - held at Guantanamo for 12 years.
Norullah Noori - held at Guantanamo for 12 years.
Abdul Haq Wasiq - held at Guantanamo for 12 years.
Khairullah Khairkhwa - held at Guantanamo for 12 years.
Mohammad Nabi Omari - held at Guantanamo for 11 years.

Bowe Bergdahl - held by Haqqanis for 5 years.

playdeau - held by the state of all things are relative for his entire life.

Anybody who denies The Fraud isn't a lawless son of a bitch is too stupid for words.

I applaud them getting our man back. Kudos.

I, however, cannot support the method by which they did it with one caveat...

;) ;)

... if they've somehow planted tracking devices on them.

It would seem to lead to the idea that the Islamacists should be taking more hostages...

I applaud them getting our man back. Kudos.

I, however, cannot support the method by which they did it with one caveat...

;) ;)

... if they've somehow planted tracking devices on them.

It would seem to lead to the idea that the Islamacists should be taking more hostages...

Now The Fraud will brag about it the same way he did about Bin Laden. It's remained top secret, but The Fraud is a retired Navy Seal. :D

He gets to spike the ball, autograph it and give it to the guy...

Then put him in the VA for a good long wait. ;) ;)

While not as well known as Guantanamo inmates like 9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the Taliban 5 were some of the worst outlaws in the U.S. war on terror. And their release will end up replenishing the diminished leadership ranks of the Afghan Taliban at a moment when the United States is winding down the war there.

“They are undoubtedly among the most dangerous Taliban commanders held at Guantanamo,” said Thomas Joscelyn, a senior editor at the Long War Journal who keeps a close watch on developments concerning the detainees left at the Guantanamo Bay prison.

Fazl, for example, was the Taliban’s former deputy defense minister and is wanted by the United Nations for his role in massacres targeting Afghan’s Shi’ite Muslim population.

According to the 2008 Pentagon’s dossier on Fazl disclosed by Wikileaks (PDF), Noori also was a senior Taliban military figure and, according to his Pentagon dossier, was asked personally in 1995 by Osama bin Laden (PDF) to participate in an offensive against northern alliance warlord Rashid Dostum.

Wasiq, a former deputy minister of intelligence, at one point tried to cooperate with U.S. forces in Afghanistan and asked for a GPS system as well as a special radio to communicate with the U.S. military after the U.S. invasion in 2001. His dossier (PDF) says that he was a crucial liaison between the Taliban and other Islamic fundamentalist groups while he was deputy intelligence minister. But the 2008 report also said he was holding out information he had on other top al Qaeda and Taliban leaders during interrogations.

Khairkhwa, a former Taliban governor of Herat, was considered by the Pentagon’s 2008 dossier to be a likely heroin trafficker (PDF). That dossier also says he likely participated in meetings with Iranian officials after 9-11 to help plot attacks on U.S. forces following the invasion.

Iran has worked in some cases with the government that has replaced the Taliban in Afghanistan, but also has been accused by the U.S. military of supplying the Taliban and other insurgent groups with roadside bombs known as improvised explosive devices of IEDs.

Nabi held several military leadership posts for the Taliban and helped organize the al Qaeda/Taliban militias that fought against U.S. and coalition troops in the first year of the war, according to his Pentagon dossier (PDF).

This week’s secret diplomacy was not the first time the U.S. government had engaged the Taliban in an effort to negotiate a prisoner swap for the release of Bergdahl. In 2011, State Department officials held a series of meetings with Taliban leaders in Doha.

In Congress, there was bipartisan opposition to any release of Guantanamo prisoners. After the negotiations were made public in early 2012 by Sen. Dianne Feinstein the Taliban announced they were pulling out of the talks.

Against the will of the people, King Barack, the wicked, who ruled his world...

I keep telling you, his sympathies are with al Qaeda and not the United States; he really feels their sense of grievance and sees us still as a Colonial Occupier.

:(

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/31/us-pays-high-price-for-last-pow-in-afghanistan.html

There's always a "but" with these guys....

The Three Bitter Marines (AJ, Miles and Grandpa Urine) are all happy to get Bergdahl back, BUT......

Against the will of the people, King Barack, the wicked, who ruled his world...

I keep telling you, his sympathies are with al Qaeda and not the United States; he really feels their sense of grievance and sees us still as a Colonial Occupier.

:(

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/31/us-pays-high-price-for-last-pow-in-afghanistan.html

So an American soldier is finally freed after 5 years in captivity and you are complaining about it? Really?

What the fuck is wrong with people like you?

Someone didn't pay attention to the signing statement added by President Obama when he signed that federal statute requiring that Congress be given 30 days notice?

I suppose ignoring a law that says you must notify congress 30 days before a transfer of detainees from Guantanamo is much worse than one allowing you to ignore a provision outlawing torture of the prisoners held there.

Right?

spoken from a true queen. sorry, welfare queen

yeah, you have a uniform but does it come with heal? :rolleyes:

Someone didn't pay attention to the signing statement added by President Obama when he signed that federal statute requiring that Congress be given 30 days notice?

I suppose ignoring a law that says you must notify congress 30 days before a transfer of detainees from Guantanamo is much worse than one allowing you to ignore a provision outlawing torture of the prisoners held there.

Right?

So an American soldier is finally freed after 5 years in captivity and you are complaining about it? Really?

What the fuck is wrong with people like you?

Doesn't it bother you that The Fraud violated the law?

Back