Now the Republicans want to cut the retirement pay of SOLDIERS!!!

Here's another one--although it's not of much practical use, just an observation. Open any thread, no matter what it's about, and read Post #2. About half the time, maybe more, it's by Koalabear. (About three-quarters of that time, it's about Fast & Furious.)

You may have to take some people off Ignore to get the full effect.

I'm gonna have to believe you because there's no way I'm taking busy, Ish, AJ and Meemie off ignore. I aint got that kind of patience.

I don't see why he received an off-base housing stipend to live on base. That's not how it works. Maybe you're thinking of COLA (cost of living allowance)? As far as all the other benefits go, the educational thing is a good one. But it doesn't apply if a person already has a degree, isn't interested, or isn't really bright enough for college.

The problem with cutting military retirement pay is that military members don't make enough money to realistically save for retirement in any other way. Officers could maybe work a 401(k) but enlisted not so much.

The 20-year retirement plan is the carrot on the stick that keeps reenlistment happening.

he didn't live on base

Back