Not really news. Another school shooting

The fuckers should have shot themselves like Eric and Dylan did in 99’ at Columbine.
🐾Kant

Bring back the "hospitals" for the criminally screwed up. it's a good way to go. Think about it.

Thoughts and prayers? Seems this is part of American culture now... What makes a kid hero worship and emulate mass murderers? Why would someone, still in their teens, think that this is the best way to make their mark?

NachoSarah on Twitter said it best: The easiest solution is to start calling schools "wombs", so Republicans would start caring about the children inside of them.

until then, we're going to simply see the same warmed over "moar guns", "arm the teachers" and "If I was there..." verbiage.

#PewPewPew
#ThoughtsANDPrayers

One well-trained SRO could have stopped it all.

You don't think that stopping it from happening in the first place, if at all possible, might be a better idea than having someone do the hero thing after they've already shot someone, or some more than one?

It's like saying that the best way to tackle lung cancer is chemo and surgery. Don't you think it might be better to find out what's causing this cancer?

You don't think that stopping it from happening in the first place, if at all possible, might be a better idea than having someone do the hero thing after they've already shot someone, or some more than one?

It's like saying that the best way to tackle lung cancer is chemo and surgery. Don't you think it might be better to find out what's causing this cancer?

How does one stop insanity? Please!

How does one stop insanity? Please!

Well lynching used to be a common and popular practice in America. Families would take the kids along for a fun day out. Thousands of people thinking murder was fun and games! In some places that insanity was the norm. These days, how many people still believe in that insanity?

Other countries, a great many other countries, even other countries with guns, don't have a regular news feature of kids killing kids in school. Are Americans really just born more fucked up, violent and cruel? Or is it a cultural issue?

Some of the old farts here recall taking rifles to school for gun clubs, but mass shootings in schools were unheard of. They were still idiot teenagers, there were still teenage dramas, their genetic makeup hasn't dramatically altered since then. What's changed since then?

With a few exceptions, children are shaped by the society and family they're raised in.

The UK's recent rises in teenage knife crime have been shown to correlate with cuts to family and youth services.

BBC report on the study

So, here in the UK, we've seen that failure to invest in the welfare and wellbeing of our kids has had terrible, sometimes fatal consequences.

Ignoring the human cost, the cost of police investigation, forensics, medical treatment, incarceration, etc. have risen as a result of penny pinching over youth clubs, school funding and family support. It's a fuckup I hope my great great grandchildren will view with disgust.

Not everything is about money, obviously, but it clearly shows what happens when society is fucking up.

The UK's recent rises in teenage knife crime have been shown to correlate with cuts to family and youth services.

BBC report on the study

So, here in the UK, we've seen that failure to invest in the welfare and wellbeing of our kids has had terrible, sometimes fatal consequences.

Ignoring the human cost, the cost of police investigation, forensics, medical treatment, incarceration, etc. have risen as a result of penny pinching over youth clubs, school funding and family support. It's a fuckup I hope my great great grandchildren will view with disgust.

Not everything is about money, obviously, but it clearly shows what happens when society is fucking up.

I think you're a good person with a good heart who means well, Dolf, but I don't think that has anything to do with these crimes. There have been times when people had next to nothing and the crime rates weren't as bad as they are now. Simple societal morality was different then. That's the answer. The problem is, how do we get back to it, or do we?:)

With a few exceptions, children are shaped by the society and family they're raised in.

True; I was raised in a rural farm community where firearms were a natural part of life. I'm not at all ashamed that I'm capable of defending myself against the increasingly malevolent segments of society.

I think you're a good person with a good heart who means well, Dolf, but I don't think that has anything to do with these crimes. There have been times when people had next to nothing and the crime rates weren't as bad as they are now. Simple societal morality was different then. That's the answer. The problem is, how do we get back to it, or do we?:)
It's not all about what people have, in financial terms. Investment isn't just about money. What does a troubled teen need more, a PlayStation and some Nike's, or an investment in time and give-a-shit?

Yeah, that's not possible in america. Logic isn't a thing here.

Well lynching used to be a common and popular practice in America.

Lynching in America has always been a hideous, despicable exception and never - EVER - your bullshit "common and popular practice". Quit pushing propaganda to suit your racist narrative.

According to the Tuskegee Institute, 4,743 people were lynched between 1882 and 1968 in the United States, including 3,446 African Americans and 1,297 whites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States

^^ Sounds 'common and popular' to me. Just like the National Ratchet Asses support the 'common and popular' shootings.

Fuck the NRA and their terrorist members.

True; I was raised in a rural farm community where firearms were a natural part of life. I'm not at all ashamed that I'm capable of defending myself against the increasingly malevolent segments of society.

Oooohhh them evil and malevolent wrascally wrabbits!!!! And the horrific bushy tailed squirrels!!

Fucking BBs are a blight on society.

It's funny to hear the white supremacists and other con artist supporters go on about how they won't let themselves be exterminated and yet, they're the ones doing the exterminating.

Two more white guys going on a shooting spree.

Must involve white people because you NEVER make these threads about Chicago, or Detroit, or Mogadishu...

How was I to know who did the shooting when the story was posted? I was only pointing out, in case people missed it, there was another of our twice monthly school shootings going on.

That is justhappened to be another white guy, in this case two white guys, going on a shooting spree wasn't known until this morning.

Don't care about who what when were and why...

Only care about the predictable knee-jerk reaction to the phrase "school shooting."

Back