Nifty gender theory

Netzach

>semiotics?
Amateur gender studies.

A friend of mine has this theory that there are four genders:

Man Woman boy and girl

and that everyone is allotted two slots as their predominant makeup. These two slots may or may not coincide with their physical sex.

You can be pretty subjective, but it still works. Eveyone's archetypes are going to look different.

To me, boy is inward, nerdy, into toying with cars and video games and stuff, kind of receptive, sometimes disarmingly sincere, sometimes completely socially dumb

girl is conscious, seductive, freshly creative, a little wicked, sexually savvy, mock innocent, self-possessed

Man is leaderly, alpha but not always judicious, very concerned with the public sphere and public perception, political, angstful, intellectual, theoretical, a seducer
incapable of resisting seduction

Woman is alpha and judicious, wise, unconcerned with public perception, concerned extremely with one's own moral compass, seductive and capable of resisting seduction, compassionate and intuitive but been round the block

There are other factors in my breakdown, I just don't want to get too long winded.

Extremely disparate people can fall in the same category for different reasons, but it still makes some sense:

Examples:
Greta Garbo- Man Woman
Cary Grant - Girl Man
Mr. Rogers- Woman Boy
Dubya- Boy Girl
Molly Ivins- Man Woman

Sometimes there's just what meets the eye:

Elenor Roosevelt - Woman Woman
Adam Sandler - Boy Boy

And sometimes, it ain't what you think:

David Sedaris - Girl Woman
Rosie O' Donnell- Man Boy

LOL, well if you are asking me and my friend, hour by hour if you like.

Girl Girls exist. I was even really into a girlie girl for a while in my life.

How about just a boy?
By the definitions given, that's all that I am. Hmm.

Back