Newsom v. DeSantis - The Debate in November

The MAGA pubs in the House are the ones who aren’t doing their job. They are just trying to blow it all up, to use the Speaker’s words.

The Senate, where the hoodie is, has done their job and reached plan to avert the shut down. Both leaders got together to do their job.

The leaders in the House have tried but the school yard punks that feel that the failed Cheeto’s red not-wave is still not their fault, want countless Americans to go without pay just so people will respect their authoritah! (I’m sure they yell it out loud just like Cartman)

So two sets of losers in this…the American people (esp those who live check to check)… and any shot of pubs to be in the majority come ‘24. I heard one of them say, it will be okay- there will be back pay when it is over. So says a guy who has a nest egg. Those living check to check won’t be so lucky.

I guess three sets of losers, all of the defenders here on the boards too. A good majority have been SUPER quiet this week… I guess the Alabama ruling, the NY Cheeto fraud case, and the shit show that was the second debate (in Reagan’s place no less) has a sobering effect.
Go Maga! I don’t care who blows it up, as long as someone puts their foot down and says enough. Looks like the Republicans have the balls on this fight, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Wow…”enough” eh?

Sure sounds like you are so well informed on the matter. Military families don’t get paid during a shut down.

You already had promotions held up by the third senator by Florida, and now the house wants to get all cranky because their baseless investigations (costing tons of money) are not getting results (shocker!) so they want to piss in the sandbox.

It’s a grown up job they have, the children the MAGA folks elected to cause chaos are ill equipped for the job.

Senate has a funding package done and ready- just need the house to figure out their shit. Clearly that’s not happening- all on them as this won’t go well.

Don’t think Putey Pute will decide to do something drastic as the government is shut down?

It took damn long for a speaker to get elected… it will take some grown up republicans to work with the democrats to shut up the MAGA cry babies and get things rolling again.

Unless Matty is going to use his Venmo to pay some salaries.. clearly he is experienced making payments that way.

Go Maga! I don’t care who blows it up,
LOL see it's all about "owning the libs" with you idiots.
as long as someone puts their foot down and says enough.
I'm thinking that might happen in Nov 2024 after the c=vast majority of Americans are sick and tired of idiots like you voting for people who don't care to Govern, only blow things up....
Looks like the Republicans have the balls on this fight, but we’ll have to wait and see.
If the Republicans had balls, (meaning McCarthy) he would have worked a bipartisan bill and a partisan bill and said, either we vote and pass ours, or the vote will be on the bipartisan one, so Gaetz and crew, make up your fucking mind, because there will be a vote.

Go Maga! I don’t care who blows it up, as long as someone puts their foot down and says enough. Looks like the Republicans have the balls on this fight, but we’ll have to wait and see.
The people have HAD enough. We, the people, put our foot down in 2020 because we had had enough of mis-rule, corrruption, graft, and erosion of civil liberties, and we took back our country and voted out the one who was leading us down the dark path. And we will continue to put our foot down as long as they continually assault our freedoms, our dignity, and our well-being.
In other words, if they support Trump and what he stands for, they are not part of the problem, they are THE problem- and we- the good, patriotic citizens of the U.S with no stomach for corruption and tyrrany, WILL put our foot down and fight back.

Even if it means holding our nose and voting for Biden again. (Which I hope it does not.) I would hope you would join us.

The people have HAD enough. We, the people, put our foot down in 2020 because we had had enough of mis-rule, corrruption, graft, and erosion of civil liberties, and we took back our country and voted out the one who was leading us down the dark path. And we will continue to put our foot down as long as they continually assault our freedoms, our dignity, and our well-being.
In other words, if they support Trump and what he stands for, they are not part of the problem, they are THE problem- and we- the good, patriotic citizens of the U.S with no stomach for corruption and tyrrany, WILL put our foot down and fight back.

Even if it means holding our nose and voting for Biden again. (Which I hope it does not.) I would hope you would join us.
Voting for an old man who should be cared for by his family, not being puppeted around the world is the most ridiculous idea you could suggest. People like you who can’t be reasonable are why we have government officials, who are the walking dead, still in power. Feinstien, McConnell, Fetterman and you can make a case for Trump too. I think the old guard needs to go, all of them. Since people like you won’t admit what is obvious, this won’t happen. So everyone will do what they always do and keep the balance of power where it is, with the politicians and not the people.

Voting for an old man who should be cared for by his family, not being puppeted around the world is the most ridiculous idea you could suggest. People like you who can’t be reasonable are why we have government officials, who are the walking dead, still in power. Feinstien, McConnell, Fetterman and you can make a case for Trump too. I think the old guard needs to go, all of them. Since people like you won’t admit what is obvious, this won’t happen. So everyone will do what they always do and keep the balance of power where it is, with the politicians and not the people.
You're the one wanting anarchy.

Go Maga! I don’t care who blows it up, as long as someone puts their foot down and says enough.
Idiot

You're the one wanting anarchy.
And what has brought some people to that situation where they want to burn the whole house down? Ask that question. The same old shit, is the answer. The DNC twice worked to stop Bernie Sanders being the Democratic nominee for president, in favor of a notorious warmonger in Hillary Clinton, and then a decades long Washington careerist bureaucrat who has become a warmonger in Joe Biden. It's like they want to keep Trumpism relevant because they fear Sanders' talk and potential policies far more.

And what has brought some people to that situation where they want to burn the whole house down? Ask that question. The same old shit, is the answer. The DNC twice worked to stop Bernie Sanders being the Democratic nominee for president, in favor of a notorious warmonger in Hillary Clinton, and then a decades long Washington careerist bureaucrat who has become a warmonger in Joe Biden. It's like they want to keep Trumpism relevant because they fear Sanders' talk and potential policies far more.
Fuck off Hypocrite

Fox News Announces a Newsom and DeSantis Debate in November

It’s highly unusual for governors who are not running for the same office to debate, but the two have clashed repeatedly as they seek national attention.

Newsom is pretty great on the mic. DeSantis, notsomuch.

How do you think it will go and what is the benefit of these two morons putting their ineptitude on display?
Neither one are ready or qualified for prime time on the American stage. DeSantis plays well in FL. Newsome plays well in CA. Both of those states are outliers in the bigger stage

Anyone who voted for Drumpf is a MAGAt "republican" for life.

Full stop.

Own it MAGAts..

Own the extremist right wing majority SCOTUS.

Own the true restrictions on "freedom" implemented by Drumpf , the extremist right wing majority SCOTUS and "republicans" in power anywhere in the US.

Own the scorn and derision that ALL MAGAts have truly earned.

An "independent" MAGAt is still a MAGAt.

*nods*

Last edited:

Anyone who voted for Drumpf is a MAGAt "republican" for life.

Full stop.

Own it MAGAts..

Own the extremist right wing majority SCOTUS.

Own the true restrictions on "freedom" implemented by Drumpf , the extremist right wing majority SCOTUS and "republicans" in power anywhere in the US.

Own the scorn and derision that
ALL MAGAts have truly earned.

An "independent" MAGAt is still a MAGAt.

*nods*
Yawn...Read from the rantings of a lunatic.

While much of the debate should be focused on their records on the economy, taxes, and fiscal policy, I hope they devote sufficient time for viewers learn about differences in their public safety records. The latest FBI statistics released last week reveal a very sharp contrast between California and Florida. Mr. Newsom will need to put on his dancing shoes.

While much of the debate should be focused on their records on the economy, taxes, and fiscal policy, I hope they devote sufficient time for viewers learn about differences in their public safety records. The latest FBI statistics released last week reveal a very sharp contrast between California and Florida. Mr. Newsom will need to put on his dancing shoes.
One of these governors is seemingly bored and is using this debate to maximum troll and get into the ears of Fox viewers a democratic message that they do not normally get a chance to hear. The other is overseeing a state that is becoming hostile to businesses, blacks, women, lgbtq, and hispanics and is hoping this debate jumpstarts a failing presidential campaign where he has proven that he is terrible at, wait for it, debating.

Like Newsome or not, he has media ready good looks, is not afraid of being interviewed on Fox, and is probably second only to Buttigieg in effectively conveying his narrative. Desantis is terrible in his interactions. He stood by idly mum when trying to console a black constituency he was forced into facing in Jacksonville after the dollar store shooting - having to be rescued by the local rep of the district. Nothing indicates desantis will gain significant points for this stunt.

One of these governors is seemingly bored and is using this debate to maximum troll and get into the ears of Fox viewers a democratic message that they do not normally get a chance to hear. The other is overseeing a state that is becoming hostile to businesses, blacks, women, lgbtq, and hispanics and is hoping this debate jumpstarts a failing presidential campaign where he has proven that he is terrible at, wait for it, debating.
One is a presidential candidate and the other is a presidential candidate in waiting. Neither is likely to become a factor in the 2024 presidential election but the contrast between their economic records, crime rates, and business climate is striking.

Like Newsome or not, he has media ready good looks, is not afraid of being interviewed on Fox, and is probably second only to Buttigieg in effectively conveying his narrative. Desantis is terrible in his interactions. He stood by idly mum when trying to console a black constituency he was forced into facing in Jacksonville after the dollar store shooting - having to be rescued by the local rep of the district. Nothing indicates desantis will gain significant points for this stunt.
Agree that Newsom is telegenic. He’ll need it given California’s terrible metics under his watch.

Desantis loves it because he gets attention and gets to debate with no other Republicans, especially orange ones, stealing the spotlight and as a current president candidate, it's a potentially huge boost for his campaign now.

Newsom loves it because it sets him up well to run for 2028 getting all the Democrats spotlight for the event and likely mopping the floor with one of the Republicans best options in 28. And the Democrats don't mind because while they are locked in on Biden now they aren't ecstatic about him in debates and this let's the party message get out now.

One is a presidential candidate and the other is a presidential candidate in waiting. Neither is likely to become a factor in the 2024 presidential election but the contrast between their economic records, crime rates, and business climate is striking.
Huh??? Newsome could lose and still have 4 years to redeem himself in all those metrics you've listed come 2024. The urgency for some sort of win from this comes only from DeSantis.

Forget their politics for a moment; this is a great idea, and it's great for the country.

People forget that many of the most important issues in the country are playing out on the state level, not the federal level. You could not ask for two better governor spokespersons for wildly diverging philosophies on state governance. Say what you want about them, they're both intelligent and educated and can communicate. The contrast between these two and Trump v. Biden is night and day.

Back