New Poetry Recommendations

Hey Sexy Poets, and good morning.

I don't know what caused this testesterone invasion, but these shores are certainly open for the docking!

mistress anna asked me to do reviews this morning, and i have to pretend to be submissive, part of my charm.

:kiss:

Starting from the top, hey I like this flyguy, anyone know if he is married?:kiss:

Seriously, he brings us a serious poem today, a must read indeed. Ghost House This poet stops to watch death approach his neighbors house, he is on the outside, but his heart is inside with them. This poet does not spell out what is happening, he makes us see it with his descriptions.

Awhile back, there was a thread about this, here is a lesson..

Out-of-state plates assemble
at the curb,

he could have said.
"The relatives come from all over the country to wait for my neighbor to die." but he is too smart for that.

I am going to be here all day. Too many good poems.

Ancient117331 ©
Kodacolor Momemts

Take a look. Here is a tease.

Love CAN die - by inches
or miles, and people too. And life isn't pretty
Cinderalla dreams of realities come 2AM, or 8AM,
or noon or midnight -
its real - cut-your-heart-out-with-a-dull-spoon
and Sonofabitch expletives...

Catbabe brings us
Wind Walking

Do you think that her skills of the line break is something that can be taught? Teach me teach me! Please!

blind ecstasy blows and shipwrecked
stories soar on winds saturated
with lost sea souls. Their fingers fly
through my hair, spectral touches
that soak through skin, absorbing
the last drops of lingering faith.

Check these out: by xxxkaliaxxx

Very hot.

Sacred Symphony

I seek madness

I seek madness
by xxxkaliaxxx ©

I seek madness
from the night
setting aside sanity
when the hours grow still
I open my eyes
from sleep that brings
neither absolution
nor appeasement

I am sure that kalia will get what she seeks, seems like that kind of girl! Just keep writing like this, sweetheart, and you will surely get something :)

I would have liked a little punctuation (I always hated when people told me this, but I have finally accepted it) to be able to take a breath

Okay, with this one by jd4george I am not sure whether to be aroused or confused. I guess there is room for both.

Sculpture: Genesis, Book One

until it no longer resembled the world intended
but growing a tail and humanoid form

became a world dangling like a head on a spit
as in that movie with the music by Strauss
“Also Sprach Zarathustra”
the embryo flowed beneath my thumbs
gaining symmetry as mountains disappeared
and chasms bubbled magma
mass moving in tectonic rapture

something about chasms of bubbling magma....

seriously, an interesting read on creation.. check it out

Next --

The Bandits Bleed
by PatCarrington ©

all I can do is say, wow this guy is talented and show you his words back. I dare you not to read this poem after you read this:

I have known you wrapped in blankets
and known you as the wind, how matter
twists around you, orbits of some nuclear
intimacy with heaven.

Welcome to the Machine
by hippiedude ©

made me sweat a little bit. going to look for some construction sites when I am finished reviews.

Feel Earth writhe under heavy machines,
mere permutations of the visceral man,
consummate practice of auto-arousal,
power to which you long to succumb.

You gotta read this one. It is such a man poem, but a sensitive, intelligent man poem. God I love it.

Final Movement

Okay I am posting this, be back, many more to come

edited to say Who the hell put that freaky boobie on my AV?????

annaswirls went back to work. She has the delight of meeting adult people on this thing called a "lunch break"
Not the writers best but wouldn't want to do a review without mentioning my sweet mistress.

preach and practice

HEY Uncle Pervey has a poem without mention of eating young girls pussies and assholes!!! (not that there is anything wrong with that, but I like a little variety)

Demigod

okay! Think I am finished.
Remember this is the opinion of one slut who knows nothing about poetry.:devil:

If you don't like it, I am sure you are not alone.

Tara will come back with a real review next week. I think.

Oh and if you have more reviews please please add them, I did not do the poems offered today justice.

psst if we are all a little bad, I think Maria will open that spankin school. damn, where is the registrars office. I would like to maintain matriculation....

Last edited:
Wednesday, 10/6 New Poems

Good morning poets

:eek:

I had such a hairy horrible day yesterday that I didn't realize it was Wednesday, my day to do reviews, until just now.

I'm forgetful... sorry :rose:

On Wednesday, there were a couple handfuls of poems and I gleaned this one from the batch:

Paradise Changed by Angeline ©
Wow. This lady can take an over-used metaphor and make it fresh. I especially enjoyed the first few stanzas of this piece. The imagery was a Rockwell painting. Beautiful.
At six years all seriousness
is aside. Minutes race,
called by the Sun to tumble
through a flap of sheets
and fall to onion weeds,
or nets of Queen Anne's Lace,
then blur, drying dusky
in and out the lilac brush
dripping along the fence.
A little rough around the edges, new poet, Rinicat hit the New Poems page with several poems that needs some FB and pointers. Check them out.

That's it my opinion. Feedback and support your own ilk.. er kind. I also just noticed that Thursday's New Poems are now posted. Check them at as well.

ttfn

- neo

Last edited by a moderator:
October 7, 2004

I read the poems. There were some purty good ones there, but three standouts, imo.

Tuesday's Daffodils by jd4george needs to be read three or four times (with short breaks in between lol) to get the full effect. It is a poem that makes me uncomfortable, which means it's even better than I think. Its form and length and its repetitiveness evoke the culture described by its language as much as the words themselves. That is the tool of a very sophisticated writer.

It was Tuesday and it was snowing
and she brought us flowers…
it was a fucking miracle -- and it was not to be trusted…
(she had keys don’t you know)
they were obscenely yellow things
that seemed to punctuate the drab grayness
of the place -- the flowers not the keys…
it was obvious something wasn’t right
after all how do you punctuate
the drab grayness of a white room…
that was my first clue something was afoot in Denmark
and there was the smell of rotten eggs to boot…
that was my second clue -- this wasn’t Denmark
and the smell of rotten eggs was from the mill
slowly polluting the river in the next town…
(or was it the next town after that)

Upstairs at O'Reilly's by PatCarrington is harder edged than some of his dreamier concoctions, but it is balanced with a sort of objective remove that keeps a painful picture from being ugly. If jd's poem was hard for me to read, Pat's poem is hard for me to write about because it reminds me of someone I love, but that doesn't keep me from from seeing the picture and the curiously affirming message in its lack of judging.

her, troubles her sleep with promises of men
who use their hard bodies like blades raised
against sugarcane, hands rough on soft cheeks
where sadness sits heavier than dusk, on tips
of need when her aching calls for shivers. She
paints her face red, her world in netted nylon
and stiletto, her wants in the smoky colors

And then there's poetboy824, who never disappoints me with his light sensual touch that kisses metaphor with gentle eroticism. Like here in heavy horses

the Wind’s warm whisper
induced the Trees to dance
and rattle their leaves
and Honeybees
to nectar-filled reveries –

That's my opinion; read them all--you may find others that you love. And do vote, comment, and send feedback. You're writers. It only takes a minute. :D

peace,
Angeline
:rose:

PS-Liar we can negotiate. Ok. I want a song for my website. Yknow--a link to one. And um a few poems. um. Please. :rose:

Last edited:
Friday 1-8

Imagine
by silken_dreammaid ©

thoughts, blue stretched in shrouded gold.
Butterflies are noisier.

Lots of great phrases. Go read.

----------

Girls and Stars
by PatCarrington ©

The priceless gems of evening
carry riddles in their shining,
stoppage in their leading light
that glues my shoes
to high-heeled puzzles,
prizes for the night. Stars

Even without a recommendation on this thread, I'm sure readers will seek out and read a P.C. poem. :)

----------

Halloween In Alabama
by darkeyeddemon ©

Pumpkin pies and raven's eyes

Stephen King and black crow's wings

Trick or treaters and drunk wifebeaters

Cheap costumes and loud perfumes

Fun Halloween poem! I wish it wasn't double-spaced, but that's a minor complaint.

----------

Marvel of Femininity
by irishcatsmeow ©

perhaps, clasped in a bride’s hands;
as a get well bouquet's healing kiss;
or conveying words left unspoken
by a love struck beau.

Nice poem. I'm sure it will appeal to many readers.

----------

Cunt
by Carillon ©

After all, cunt is the sound
Of the electric shock
Between my legs,
The sudden jerk of my hips

Very rarely would I recommend a Literotica cunt poem but this is a fairly short poem and the subject is handled well.

For religious and political reasons this will be my last time to do Mentions, so I'll try not to mispell anything.

The first Mention, and my favorite, is

light lingers(haiku) by jthserra. It's pretty- go look.

Seattle Rain brings us two, possibility crossed and blade and I like them both a lot.

Annaswirls is Napping On Mt Serraut.

And then theres Rain by duckiesmut,
The Source Of Love by Dreams Of Desire, and Moment by To Serve Him.

And I think there might be a few others...

Go read, vote and leave comments! And have a groovy Saturday! :rose: :rose: :rose:

Last edited:
Sunday, October 10

While tungtied2u is whooping it up in the Second City, I'm here slaving over your poems. (Ok, nobody ever has to twist my arm to read poetry. I had fun.) ;)

Here are the new poems that caught my eye today.

~

Fortune’s Mystery by Dreams of Desire is tightly constructed--maybe too much so for my style, but I’m glad I gave this poem a careful read. I like what it has to say and--if I read past the punctuation, which in a few places works against the overall flow of the language--I really like the rhythm. There are also some interesting images that support the poem.

If fortune should allow your paths to cross
and share however long the time maybe.
Let not the days before count up as loss,
nor those that follow after be less free.

Dreams is a new poet to Literotica and his other poem, The Source of Love, which he submitted yesterday, also has a nice lilt and flow. I hope to read more from him.

Whenever I read a poem by Randi Grail, I want to go to her page and read everything I’ve missed because I really like the way she writes. Her offering today, Handprints on Plexiglass, is itching for a little editing, but man does it have some fabulous wordplay in it. The subject is a universal, so it could have been trite, but Randi’s ability to play with the sounds of words makes it transcend.

When this anti-matter solid wall
of nothingness between
raised it's irrefutable membrane
of so close
but so far away.

How many times
will you cry my name,
and watch my face
cry yours?

Reltne has written a poem that blends aging of man and nature in a seamless, intelligent way. Weeds in My Garden paints a clear (and clearly poignant), self-aware picture.

Frost loves apples in fall
so does Newton

Old men are weeds not tomatoes
wither bent and goest

scraggly beards and fingers
fruit long gone in summer's memory

Springtime picked by sunshine girls
lost to life like passing leaves

annaswirls has written a beautiful elegiac piece in Raising the Blade. It’s full of echoes of memory, and moves with an inherent dignity that is lovely.

Harvest time. From the tractor,
he watches for nests. Red wing blackbirds
rise from grasses, field rabbit leaps in fear,
pheasant hens flap to awkward flight.

But the most dedicated mothers wait too long.
Even he could not throw the brake
on the old John Deere or lift blades
fast enough every time. But he could try.

These are my favorites today--you may find others that appeal to you. Read them all, but do vote and give feedback or make a public comment.

Have a sweet Sunday.

Ange

Last edited:
Sneaking in between work and bus duty... a lot of nice New Poems today I read most before leaving the comfort of my own jammies....

A Must Read/ Must View: I am liking this Randi Grail more and more. Is she getting better, or is my appreciation just growing?

Arielle Fades
by Randi Grail ©

Of all the words of tongue and pen....well these might be some sad ones too..

"I CAN’T FUCK HER"

find out why and maybe give some sound arguments for or against the fucking.

I Can't Fuck Her
by dcpoet44 ©

dang a lot of elementary grammatical and spelling errors today! Peoples! Use the spell check. Don't tell me it doesn't matter what is in your heart matters, of course, but this is a professional, dignified web site, please have the respect to dot every i.

eh hem

okay moving along

Fans of Poetboy will like this one: classic PB,

Autumn's Light
by poetboy824 ©

love

"leaves glow red
like dying embers –"

a beautiful image of the autumn forest, better than a bowl of froot loops that is for sure

~

Ravenwitch
by Tathagata ©

dark zen. little creepy. check it out.

~

another nice illustrated poem:

Fisher's Moon
by Reltne ©

Fisher's Moon[/b]

~

READ THIS! THE BUS IS COMING, just read this one, trust me

Civil War
by hippiedude ©

Civil War

no time for disclaimers, scroll up if you wish and find one you like

bye!

~anna

ps request for more erotic poetry damn it

Last edited:
Late monday mentions

new poems

House of Skin, by slow whispers

A Newton Moment, by Liar

Everland, by angeline

Lady of Sorrow, by PatCarrington

Corridor, by TrevorBlack

I, Dream, by twelveoone
~~~

dear Lit readers and poets. I am so sorry for being so very late with these mentions. A couple of you know, I am not "alone" now, not ever, long enough to read, or be online, nor do anything that relates to my friends, or whatever. I am, will be, gone from here, maybe for a long time. It is no ones fault, no troll this time, no hysterical reactions or misunderstandings, no one has said anything. I just cant do it and its a family thing. I hope I have offended no one, and I hope I get to come back, but it all depends on the economy, of reason and and feeding kids and staying sane. I wish you all the very best, ta ta for now :rose:

julie

Wednesday, 10/13 New Poems

Good Wednesday Poets

Lucky 13 poems. Surely enough that everyone can have a looksy at them all. Today I gleaned these works from the New Poetry List:

Blues for Shara by steve porter ©
Here's a blusey bit that made me grin this morning:
And when you get down I’ll be there.
Maybe I’ll be lying in my underwear.
We will think and we will drink,
We will celebrate the kitchen sink,
And together we will bare what’s left to bare
Two O'Clock by lostandfounder ©
Insightfulness escapes me this morning, but I still like muddleness in the middle with the sharpness of the first and last stanzas. ;) It's how my thinking is lately... muddled, but somtimes sharp.

I Am Dressed Chill by Angeline ©
This write makes cool weather hot. The images in this poem sizzles. Great metaphor mix with erotica and nature, although, I am tempted to break it up and make a few stanzas. I need to break out of my little block :D
I am dressed chill in leaves on rill of bone
cold night spread against our rise. In the gleam
of moon I am your harvest, warming stone
in winter, shielding shivers in a dream
of starry skin underneath the season
of our discontent. Fronds dip

That's it folks. Check-out that new list and see what ya'll come with for comments/suggestions. Support your own eh?

Have one fine day!

- neo

Thurstay stuff... Not many poems on this here day.

Well, without further ado, here's my recommendations:

Sangria Bloodshed by jd4george swooped up an
editors.gif
to which I'm not going to object. It's shaply penned stuff.

But his Pagan Rites of the Barbarian King is in my not so humble opinion a better poem. It's a gut punch ice shower beautifully horrific piece.
[color=225522]I had to hide in the bushes to watch
the pagan rites of the barbarian king,
as he ripped the heads off flowers and let
their innocent life sap mingle impotent
with the earth, crushing their soft tendrils
and smothering their screams[/color]

Then we have razor_nut who goes in political full swing rampage in Terror Drug. This is not a modest poem. Instead it is so over the top that it actually works.

...and that be it for this time.

Keep on writing.

#L

October 15, 2004

Now that I've hijacked the thread for a while, back to reviews! There are some real gems today. Here are the first ones I read and loved.

Done by dream sweet has me wondering how this poet, who has a lot posted here has escaped me before. This poem is really good . It’s bitter but clear minded and insightful--maybe the kind of insight that can onlt be born from pain, but so persuasive. Read this poem and check out her page.

I'm tired of anyone else's thoughts
and tired, most of all,
of being critisized at every turn
by someone I trust with my very thoughts,
who has added another voice
to the many others in my history
that I don't want to listen to anymore.

denis hale thinks faster than a speeding bullet, writes with the power of a locomotive, though I somehow doubt he can leap tall buildings in a single bound. But you *must* read his poem, Squibb the Godhead, which skewers the pharmaceutical industry--right under the microscope baby. They’re makin a lot of money, eh? His imagery and the way he twists and turns you through a poem, but never loses sight of the point is masterful control. (I think I just called you a dom, denis.)

Are you the Swinging Dick
in tight chinos
and turtleneck sweater
like that guy
on the Irish Spring commercial
high-stepping through a field
of pink poppies

hand in hand with a freckled,
redheaded hottie and
your fifty-thousand dollar
bridgework

gleaming in the noon sun?

I’ve decided to forgive Carillion for making me feel really old by referring to college in her poem Foreign because she writes so beautifully. The idea itself--attraction born of a sense reaction--is great, and she presents it lucidly and with the most evocative images. (jd4george, I related to your comment. I live near a college now and they have all those funky little shops where you can buy Patchouli oil though I prefer Sandlewood. )

What incense fills your hall,
my mind,
shadows me to class?

A fog of apple and cinnamon
floats heavily, with a trace
of another spice my language
has not yet claimed
and named.

And now it's intermission, while I go out for Chinese food. :D

More to follow...

mmmmmm

Hunan Chicken. It was good, too. And here's my fortune:

"You don't get a fortune cookie."

(because jazz poet man forget them, damnit)

ok. where are the rest of those reviews?

Oh. Here they are. :)

Oh! More from Carillion. Ballerina is erotic and delicious. Just read it--you’ll see. J

Unexpected, interrupted,
you are silent enough to hear
the pins drop as I pull your hair free.
Would you resist if I bent your bare legs
above your head? Would you cling
to the barre, splinter-handed,
and watch in the mirror
as we pliéd down
to dance our horizontal
pas de deux?

Pat Carrington’s Smokey Mountain Symphony flows like honey and is a beautiful homage to his father. I am coming to believe that Pat couldn’t write a bad poem if he tried. This one is so lush with imagery and reminiscent ache that it makes you gasp. I don’t care who disagrees, Pat, like I said before, your soul shines in your poems. I’ll say it again and I don’t care, lol.

You talk and sing from ancient mountains
where I spread your dust, carried you, flaked,
from cemented lands to paradise, to rest
beneath the turquoise plumage of buntings
and sky, the night cries of red wolves
and Tennessee heavens. You were small

on my lap, but when I opened the urn
the wind lifted the ashes of your throat,
sprinkled you across the wilderness, and

you were god again, resurrected here,
in your first and final home, the place
of blue smoke where you walk young
once more, barefoot with salamanders,
bleed red into the roots of spruces. I hear

you, my father,

I like this illustrated poem by Angeline. Some people didn’t like the photo as much as the poem, ok one purist person Pat, but that’s ok. Oh. I’m Angeline? Big deal, read it anyway. It ain’t bad.

And finally, a tomorrow poem that I’m recommending today just because I adore this woman and she rarely posts poems here anymore. If you are not familiar with Lauren Hynde’s poetry, please read The Poem That Will Fuck You Up. Now I must tell you that the only way if fucked me up is I’m pissed I didn’t write it because it’s amazing. Lauren has a brilliant mind and a beautiful soul, and if you read this poem you’ll see what I mean.

I let the days crumble all the picture frames
with their deformed faces and their naked bodies
in messages ablaze of silk and shadow
and I climbed to the mountaintops, and on crosses
rested weary birds, traveller white crows
of memories, their wings spread
pointing east to the last character of the last page.

So read, vote, comment, write poetry, be fruitful. But try not to multiply too much, these reviews take a while to write.

Happy weekend.

Ange

PS--denis, I just want you to know I got the Lou Reed reference in your poem. I liked that a lot, lol.

Last edited:
Saturday

the poems are here on friday night, and i'm here, so it's a match. here are the poems that caught my eye:

The Poem That Will Fuck You Up by Lauren Hynde received an early recommendation by Angeline in friday's reviews, and i certainly second that. this poem is filled with striking language, and EVERYONE should read it.

It speaks of the honey that sweetens your lips
of spices delightful and of flesh.

Of the sound of books at night
with page corners folded, torn
by violent souls and cries
in rapture of martyrdom and hate.

It speaks of Euripides,
of cold chromium-plated handcuffs.

Hunter and A Woman's Yearning by SelenaKittyn are both well-penned and sensual reads. from "hunter":

There will be chase
when he is ready
to let her know
she has been spotted

and marked

and she will be taken down
with a full, primal scream,

L'Hotel de Campos by darkmaas is a very well thought out semi-ramble, full of VanGogh and Leonard Cohen and T.S. Eloit references, and more, with a wonderful closing stanza.

Miss Q is lying
curled up at our feet
“Too much pink champagne”
says our lady of stilettos
and pours herself a glass
“She sent another
postcard
to Fernando
yesterday
he’s likely dead by now
poet’s do that

Steam Pipe from eagleyez is a nicely done look at the morning work whistle, in musical imagery.

a minor third oboe
sticks up like a cat tail
and blows lint on the soprano streecorner

i liked bridge by jthserra very much, a very soft and sensual poem.

a niche
the delicate wet
taste

of depth
in undulation
your back arches

there is a lot to like in A Little Death by Maldoror. i think it should be trimmed quite a bit in its next rewrite, but the poet gives the reader many fine moments.

A thing of past and present arises in you.
I brush aside your quills, and prepare.
You hear the whispers of a snow owl in flight
And struggle. Your skin, tan like
An old photograph

those are the poems that captured my attention.

have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

Last edited:
New Poem Reviews Sunday 10/17

This should be pretty quick today...only 17 new poems....and only 3 that stand out to me.

Two are by annaswirls

The first is followed by marshmallows. Find out why homemade rice krispy treats taste so much better than pre-packaged.

and I imagine you could never
top the sticky treats sent by sisters
for the sweetness of someplace else
and suddenly

find out what comes next.....

also by annaswirls
It is not tortoise shell
. It's short and succinct, with some clever wordplay..Here it is...

It is not tortoise shell, this comb
that stops paralyzed in the air above
my crooked part, forgetting for a moment
that you are gone, forgetting
I am a woman without reason to comb tangles
from her hair.

Speaking of wordplay, Liar Liar goes on a rant inHuh?. Plenty to contemplate in this onslaught. Read it and enjoy.
How it starts...

Confusion as an art-form,
blending dogmas and dachshunds,
Luther, Lovecraft, Lenny Bruce…

Check out the rest....

Them's the one's that caught my eye.....if others caught yours, feel free to bring them to other's attention.....

Remember to read, comment and vote......let other's know what you liked and what you didn't...

monday new poems

New Poems

Melodious imagination, steve porter. wow, its been a while since I had the honor of reading a new steve porter poem, and this one is delicate and insightful, very much a poet's poem. read and hear his music :)

A Season, by greeneyelove. A relatively new poet to Lit, I assume since I dont remember anything else by this poet. I think this poem has promise, I would, however, rethink the caps on each beginning line, and the repetition has a sing-song quality to it that I would perhaps consider extending to the rest of the lines? ( maybe I'm wrong about this part tho) . I hope that someone more adept at critique than I can offer some helpful hints to greeneyelove

4 a.m. by caroline11111. Okay, I like this poem. This poet has offered a glimpse into her morning and questions why she feels the way she does. I especially enjoyed the inner rhyme scheme, and even though the double spacing seems awkward, I dont think the poem would be better if it were changed. I would however drop the last two lines, that one suggestion would make it a stronger poem. I hope to see caroline11111 post more :)

While you were sleeping by , gotwood49. This is another new poet? seems like there are several today, cool!!
This is a shorter poem, and narrative.

...I studied your pictures;
those grainy glimpses of you that you send me.

I think, ( just my opinion, of course) but maybe dropping the "me" would strengthen it? I believe a bit of paring would strengthen this one, but not much (paring), as it's a short, voyeuristic read to begin with. Once again, I hope this new poet has more to offer up in the near future, cause I would also like to know if that is a mole, right beneath the panty line...

Amusement Park Rideby, cavu182. I almost skipped on this one when I saw the word sex repeated so many times, but I am glad I didnt because it works it's way into a rhythm, a ride, just like the title suggests. I would offer that the poet could absolutely lose the ellipses, they are aggravating, but the simple rhyme, and short lines build up to what feels like ( to me) a sort of roller coaster effect. I did like this one, surprise me like this again!! :rose: ( I also think it would hold its own in the erotic section, as it appears under non-erotic)

Venezia, ULISSE. Okay, I think the title means Venice and thats all the Italian I pretend to almost know. The entire text is Italian and Lauren, arent you fluent? Angeline? this might be a spectacular piece of work, someone read it and lemme know, okay?
~~~
Pops by, Angeline. First of all, I love the sentence structure. I am in fact, more than a bit envious of this poet's talent, and I know more Italian than I know jazz, and all I do know, I have learned from Angeline. The mood in this piece is rather melancholy, but its descriptive power alone is enough to carry it all the way home for me.If you havent read it yet, go do it now!!

Now you're just a faded voice,
a back-up singer selling Chevrolets,
a jazz cartoon hung out to dry
on the wall of fame, a crucifix,
a sacrifice of the twentieth century,
an Issac, saved but shrunk to iconography.

and...Why Jazz even better than Pops, and this one here pulls you in, just like her jazz does. It reminded me of the old file footage I saw of some jazz men on PBS recently and I wished so badly I had learned to love it when I was a child.The instruments wailing and the misery thrived just long enough, somehow, then the poverty, illness and all the demons were exorcized, pouring out in song and how those artists managed to pull themselves up and into song, well, it's a beautiful thing :rose:

Reading, by jthserra. I have always enjoyed jthserra's way with words, his subtle rhyme and easy to read structure. This is a good example of his work, enjoy.

...freed from the pretense
of meaning,
the moment fades
to a singular image:
that smooth feel of skin.

Safe Harbor, by Tungtied2u.This poem live sup to its name, I t made me feel safe, and welcome, and this is a good one to end my evening with.
also, check out- Unrequieted no more a love poem by any other name, well, you all know what I mean, right?... :rose:
~~~

I do apologize for this reviews being late, I could tell you why, but its the same old thing ;) There were a lot of new names today, and it seemed like a greater than usual number of Monday poems. This is for the people who dont know me... I tried to offer helpful suggestions, I dont slam anyones work, and I enjoyed reading the new poets' offerings today. There were a few with truly different, hilarious titles and I read all the poems and did the best I could. Thanks to you all for being patient with me, its an honor to be here and to at least try to be of help.

:rose: and thanks to all who posted

Last edited:
Tuesday Reviews

Hello poets. Sorry the reviews are so late. :(

Only 9 New Poems today.

The only poem today that I found interesting was My Provocateur by herecomestherain.. In her comment, anna called it intelligent and sexy, and I agree.

Clever, soft strokes
Of a single fingertip
Rendering me slick

Seducing
And reducing me
To a simple suspect

Speaking of annaswirls, I want to thank her so much for covering the reviews for me for 2 weeks (or was it three?). :rose: Thank you, dear one. :kiss:

I thought I'd be able to continue doing the reviews again every Tuesday, but circumstances and commitments make that impossible for me. So this will be my last one.

Maybe when things slow down again, I'll be able to take on the responsibility again, but for now, it just isn't feasible.

I've enjoyed doing reviews very much, and I'll miss them. Be well everyone. I love you all. :heart:

peace and white wishes :rose:

"late" Wednesday 10/20, New Poem Mentions

Hello Poets

Sorry this is a day late, but I've been ill the last few days. There was 30 + poems that graced the New Poem's page on Wednesday.

The following are the ones I enjoyed:

beg your confession by SeattleRain ©
neo-n.jpg

This one receives my "N" for today. A very sexy, icy-hott, erotica that brings to mind a vampire movie I once saw, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it (which is probably good as I'm sure no one else shares my enthusiasm for B-movies).
You,
behind those mirrored glasses,
baby I see right through to
what you want to tell me,

and you will

tell me.

Tongue traces you from underneath,
loosen up that clenched jaw and those lips
pinched in a tight sarcastic snarl.
A Scientist's Mourning by KrittyLea ©
I like this intelligent write by a new poet. Eventhough this piece can use a trim, some line breaks, it does have great words choice, and play.

Devour me by Honey123 ©
neo-n.jpg

Another one of my N's passed down onto this sexy write. I like the tone and imagery of this piece. The want is very appealing ;)

Two interesting piece by the same poet, Prison Daydream and Inquisition at the Council Chambers by jd4george ©
I enjoyed both well thought and constructed pieces, although the latter painted perfect images for me.
There was nothing more
among the twelve than the fear
that they might be sullied by me,
though I stood there naked,
seeking redemption in silence.

There was nothing more
than hallowed whispers, as they
proclaimed judgement masqued
as convenient truth: You cannot
outlive the treasons of your past
Old Market In Autumn by DeepAsleep ©
By far one of my favorite reads due to the "real feel" I get from it like most of DeepAsleep's work. His voice is always strong and clear. I enjoyed the street talk and easy conversational tone in this along with the images he sees every day.
I used to lay in the back of a 280ZX two by two that had
the back seats folded down in a flat space for me to sleep
in, and on my back, with my head on the console, I could look
up out of the windshield as we drove around and it felt like
flying every time because it erased the ground from my perspective.

All the buildings and streetlights seemed to float by, as impossibly tall as Gods.
Then someone would pop the hatchback, say “Dude, we’re here.”
and I would realize I was just staring.

That's it folks, my idea of what good poetry was for Wednesday. Go out, find some for yourselves, and support your own kind.

- neo

I Think

I got conned into fridays so..
I'm starting this at work...
This ought to be a good one:

Please remember this is only one man's thoughts and opinions and in no way should be looked upon and anything but that...Some people like pea soup, some people like tomato, neither one is " better"

First up is laughter in the night - by hippiedude

Some nice images and feel to this one.
It paints a pictures of dark alleys and rain.
almost a cliche setting but a few nice phrases save it from being such:

street drains steam,
singing liquid songs,
grilled onions hiss over
jazz coated heights,
black lace and liquor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

next is
book store isle - by cavu182

I like the first verse much better than the second..it has great possibilities and the rhyme seems natural.
The second verse seems forced and, in my opinion, isn't really needed...unless you rewrite it..
Leaving it at the first verse tells an interesting little story by itself.
I'd like to see it expanded or atleast tinkered with and a little bit of punctuation wouldn't hurt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hotel - by willow rain

not a bad write at all...it needs a few breaks, and maybe to be trimmed a bit..but it certainly has the seeds of a nice poem.

I like the last part:

Travel soaps on the counter next to my lipstick
Soldiers in a line,
I tap concealer on my skin.
And once again become invisible.
Part of the rest of the world
Your memory sleeps in the bed.

I hope willow rain keeps working and grows with us.
She has a good eye for things.

Stop It ! - by Remec

My only bitch with this is the structure..it's a little too " rapid". I think drawing it out would give the feeling of want and frustration a better shot at coming through.
as it stands it's too choppy to draw you in.

Dark Horse - by Dustystar

One of my favorite poets and a kindred soul.
But rest assured if I Didn't like it I'd say so..
However..
O poem of betrayal, bitterness, regret??
as always she has phrases that, once I read them, echo in my mind like a gunshot
like this:

He says he’ll never love me,
Like a taunt.
November, I say, comes on like
a steel bit
And you’ll bite. I swear it.
you can feel the iron in those words
I would recommend a read of this.

Corinthians Revisited - by jd4george

I want to print it all out because it's got some great words and images...but that would ruin it
This is the kind of poem I want to write and either go to long or to short.
and the beginning and ending lines, although a bit cliche...work.
a must read in my opinion

Cocks'n Whore Jazz, 1763 - by jd4george

I found the story behind the poem very interesting..
the poem itself is a Dali like mish mash of words and sounds and rhymes.
Interesting...but it didn't tell me anything

Beloved sadist - by willow rain

As everyone knows I'm a sucker for sub poetry
and i would make the same comments on this poem as her other work.
Break it up a little...add some places for it to soak in, for the reader to breathe..and it would be a pretty good piece"
I mean this:
How badly these things scar
Into tender soft places of who I am.
I can hardly bear
The beauty
Of who you are.

is a nice little verse

worth a look for sure.
Ok thats it for me
Feel free to mention anything you feel I've overlooked...
all these opinions are mine and mine alone and god knows I have no idea what I'm talking about.
So don't be offended, or, gleeful depending on what I said.
Just continue to write from your heart.

Be Well all
oh yeah and
Go Sox!!

Last edited:
And here they are, Thursday's reviews, a tad bit on the late side. Oh well, a little patience have never killed anyone.

Or maybe it have, I dunno.

Here be the stuff anyway:
---------------------------------------------

Belted by sensuall
In spite of actually using the words "Cunt phlegm"... Or wait. That, and other unashamedly almost-gross words and phrases in a dislocated, trickling word flow, might be exactly why this poem works. Damned if I know, but I like it.

micro-cosmic by silken_dreammaid
A neat little synecdochic snapshot. Well written and says much more than what is typed out.

them fish in the sea by templeminded
A sweet and simple verse. All I can say is that it put a :) on my face.

My Errant Knight by Krenna Smart
A shrewd piece of writing. It starts seductlively in a world seen with rose colored glasses...but faint undertones hints at...something else. This something presents itself in the end, and the rosy tint was not what it seemed.
[color=116611]The goblin in the closet
Is an old, battered baby doll
I don’t jump and skitter
At the bump in the night
And if the scratching on the window pane
In the wee hours is a claw not a twig
I welcome the beast into my home with a smile[/color]

Wind Journey by Belegon
Belegon has showed before that he can take an idea that easily can turn banal and silly, run wild with it, and still produce a poem that stays on the right side of tastelessness. Here is another example of that. A nice, romantic hyperbole that does the job.

Three Year Old Runs Afoul by LilDarlin
When nursery rhymes runs amok... A well captured moment of domestic panic caused by...well...poulrty in motion (rimshot, please?). Gave me a big grin.

Last but not least, three poems by Tristesse
non-negotiable
The first is this weirdo wordplay in the best sense of the word. A delight to to stumble through.
[color=116611]Emphatically static
Placated, fabricated
and lying though the teeth.
Bogus Janus playing possum
putting off 'til then
prognosticating later, later
filling in the blanks.[/color]

Carpe Deum
This smoothly and swiftly captured essence of dreaming is the weakest of the three poems, but that doesn't mean it's bad in any way. Go read.

In Time - Gratefully
And the gold nugget of the day... Here is a poem that is filled to the brim with serene optimism and, dare I say, faith in one's own human spirit. Beautiful.
[color=116611]My legs will remember when and
my face will still smile
at the thought.
My hands will hold the memory of
tiny stitches and that
little clasp at the back
of my neck, the hooks and eyes
and troublesome buttons.[/color]

New Poem Reviews 10/22-10/24

Okay, I know it's late Sunday and I'm just getting to the reviews.

Everybody must either be really enjoying the fall, watching the World Series or down with the flu...well obviously those aren't the only choices....but I've been catching up on the new poems, and although this will mainly be mentions...and please forgive me as I know I'm going to leave some good ones out...I wanted to at least acknowledge some of these poets and poems.

Please forgive the brevity.

First Friday's posts....I don't know if it's my computer, the site or what...but Tathagata has obviously done some reviews as I've noticed his comments on several of the poems posted....but have not seen the reviews yet. He may still be in a haze from the Boston victory...and hopefully they will show up soon.

Boo, I don't know if you're late or busy..but I've read the Saturday posts and here are the mentions I'd like to make...

Pleasures of the Net
by DanaQt . What I'd call exhuberant erotica....what it lacks in originality more than makes up for in fervor. This girl's enjoying herself. Join her, she'd appreciate it.

Hippiedude delivers another moody pice with Drifter. It's short...here's the meat of the matter...

Resonant pulse of bass
behind painted windows,
shook the nicotine in his chest
and the memory of that first dance

What is it about first impressions and neonurotic ? Flash-bang is another spot-on scenario that makes you want to ride sht gun when neo's driving.

[url=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=155500]Wisps of a Chimp by Wicked Eve at first appears to be about stuffed animals and innocence and dreams. Maybe I'm a sick puppy, but I see something suspiciously sensuous in this too. The way Eve's words leave interpretation open is an exhilirating challenge...at least to me.

Another dreamer, duckiesmut finds release and hope on [url=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=168349] Butterfly Wings

October Odyssey II also by Wicked Eve , finds our heroine pinig over her departed amor. A sample:

There will be no rune beneath my skirt,
needled and cast across my tender side

Short, tender and longing...Eve says much...elegantly...in little.

Aubade byjthserra is near perfect descriptive poetry IMHO, in texture, tone and color. I've seen this moment he describes..and he more than captures it.
A must read.

Lilith Contemplating the Razor Blade
byRaven_of_the_Morning . The title alone should at least get you reading it, and you'll find interesting images and nice counterbalance between pleasure/pain and sacrifice/redemption. I look forward to reading more of this poet.

Exhibitionist on Cam is more ofDanaQt and her amorous cyber antics.
Really more of the same....but she just seems to be having so much fun!

neonurotic gives aglimpse of how men work in [url=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=168494]Men are Visual Animals
. Another sweet, succinct neo-Classic.

That's all f-f-f-folks! Remember to read, vote and most of all comment...the poets value and need your feedback.

See you on Halloween!

Monday

Here are the New Poems for today.

I am going to do this without links, just click above and scroll down if you want to read my suggestions and you have not already done so.

I will have to try to come back to this one. Some images laid out were interesting and well worth a read.

Romeo + Juliet
by Lauren Hynde ©

"They were the ones collecting coins of numerous
hues and countries, selling their bodies to extinction."

Very cool play on sounds and squishy-ness. Maria, someone else writing frog poems! We should form an all amphibian club.

Celestial Soup
by impulse ©

"Fat frog flits from his pad
Plunges into black swamp broth
Mud bullion, spinning through space "

she so raspy
by Maria2394 ©

"she so raspy, hot and nasty,
down low whispered vocals,
X-rated accompaniment
for troupes of sultry devils dancing
over my nipples, through my mind"

Damn is right, not sure how anyone will top this one! Hard hitting and fiery, I bet Maria had to take a nap after writing this!

Okay I must be in a cranky mood or something. I cannot bring myself to read the non-erotic ones right now. I will come back tonight.

Some hot stuff in there that I did not mention, check them out.

~SR

Monday

Here are the New Poems for today.

I am going to do this without links, just click above and scroll down if you want to read my suggestions and you have not already done so.

I will have to try to come back to this one. Some images laid out were interesting and well worth a read.

click here to read....
Romeo + Juliet
by Lauren Hynde ©

"They were the ones collecting coins of numerous
hues and countries, selling their bodies to extinction."

Very cool play on sounds and squishy-ness. Maria, someone else writing frog poems! We should form an all amphibian club.

click to read....
Celestial Soup
by impulse ©

"Fat frog flits from his pad
Plunges into black swamp broth
Mud bullion, spinning through space "

click to read
she so raspy
by Maria2394 ©

"she so raspy, hot and nasty,
down low whispered vocals,
X-rated accompaniment
for troupes of sultry devils dancing
over my nipples, through my mind"

Damn is right, not sure how anyone will top this one! Hard hitting and fiery, I bet Maria had to take a nap after writing this!

Okay I must be in a cranky mood or something. I cannot bring myself to read the non-erotic ones right now. I will come back tonight.

Some hot stuff in there that I did not mention, check them out.

~SR

Last edited:
Tristesse is on a roll. Either follow her path or get out of the way, she has some momentum going! Today's offerings are no exception. WTG Tess.

click to see.....
Last Day in Givergny
by Tristesse ©

"Sparrows scuffle in the courtyard
sending up small clouds of dust
under the plane trees
outside the shuttered window,
their gossip woke us up this morning
as the butter-sun slatted in. "

this is a nice one:

click here to read.....
Obsessive internment
by tungtied2u ©

"What is it about women?

That peculiar tilt of head,
when hair cascades upon a so soft shoulder "

I am not sure if anyone took Tara's spot for tomorrow, I can't do any more reviews for a while.

~SR

Hopefully not stepping on any toes...

but I stumbled across a subtle touch in: One Touch by Duckiesmut. Some wonderful alliteration swirls in a touch to remember. Take a peek and enjoy.

jim : )

Back