New Poetry Recommendations

TGIF New Poems!

Three of the shiny pennies in today's change dish of poetry!

Rough 'N Tough Love by RhymeFairy will make you want to be a big unsuspecting ball of yarn.

Bird Heaven by raynecrow2 is a tumbling plea pouring out the power of our wounded longing to soar and transcend this world, and raises the question of who we are and what we leave behind.

Worry Like Clouds by neonurotic answers the question, What if Kafka had a girlfriend?

Enjoy!

~S&D

New Poems Reviews
Saturday June 3 2006

Sneltrein by Tzara a puzzle poem that is sure to tickle your chucklebone or leave you scratching your... Sneltrein <grin

sway by mlady... I like belly dancers and this poem has 'extra' literary art painted into the poem.

why does this have to by DeeplyHisForever an emotional write that spills passion on every line. Perhaps the poem needs some work but the emotions are present in this spurred write.

16 poems blossomed this day in the New Poems List... read/comment and enjoy your weekend!

I found a lil goodie I think. :)

What got me about this poem was not really the chucklebone* as Art said in his commentary on it. For me it was this poets form, flow and just how he pulls the reader in. It is funny, but I loved the word flow ...check out this missed poem on 06-03-06.

You Ask Me In By: steve porter

Been a lil sick. Sorry if I have missed some, will try and get caught up ~

:rose: :rose:

vampiredust said:
new lit poet 373Kelvin
has a new poem up, Perfect Line which is well worth reading

i must agree, wholeheartedly, with the recommendation of this sonnet.

and i ordinarily hate the form. i think it's very well done, without the rhymes feeling forced nor the meaning punctured by the form requirements. and the enjambment is fairly seamless, as well.

welcome, mr. boiling point. :)

Wednesday's Reviews

A dozen to choose from this hump day.

First up from our sinful sprite, RhymeFairy has two offerings to share, Touch Me and Pleading The Fifth ~. Sounds like her boys are either very good or very, very red.

Next up is someone unfamiliar to Scripps {I should talk - I'm still tripping over lose, loose, and loss -- say that three times fast! -- and I bet I'd misspell lorgnette, if given the chance}, My Erotic Trail with his offering of writing graciously on angry paper. This is one of his better pieces and the effort put into it shows.

A couple new pseudonyms appear today to share their works as well.

First up is TheDuster with his first piece, The Way It Will Be, a lengthier piece than most.

And with a trio of firsts is flyte. Check these 3 out and give a welcome comment and critique. {I must admit that of the three, Tree House is my favorite.}

Well, that's it for now. Give 'em all a read, a comment, and critique. Let them know not only what they did wrong but what's done right.

Last edited:
LeBroz said:
Next up is someone unfamiliar to Scripps {I should talk - I'm still tripping over lose, loose, and loss -- say that three times fast! -- and I bet I'd misspell lorgnette, if given the chance}, My Erotic Trail with his offering of writing graciously on angry paper. This is one of his better pieces and the effort put into it shows.

Well, Lebroz, I have to agree, there are a few things that bother me, use of "graciously" when he is struggling with the paper. But the good vastly outweighs the bad. I like the alliteration, internal rhyme, original thought here.
It is obvious he broke his balls on this, and that is what it is all about.
The comment is here, and for the record I left 100

TGIF New Poems! 6-9-06

Many worthy offerings today. Here are three of my favorites:

Ashland Again, Burning Season by Victoria_Lucas is an exotically imagined reunion of combustible rebirth. Let it spark your poetic imagination. To quote MP, "Beauitful plummage!"

Taxi Ride by MoonShadowLady. Everyone has been on this taxi ride, in one seat, the other, or both. This poem made me respond with that sinking sensation in my stomach and bloodless feel in my face. The cold numbness of this poem will linger.

Ascension by cherries_on_snow has to be read several times to move deeper than the obvious power of the grace of escaped violence. "He sees me in cotton and does not know I also have leather, bound, book, inside." Inside this sophisticated elegant poet is deeper passion for spirit and truth that won't be bound by convention or sophistication. Watch this one.

~S&D

P.S. 3 hours 6 minutes until I'm out of work today. Poetry is the trustable march of time.

Last edited:
Sloughing with Maria

Also Saturday, Snake v Snake by Maria 2394. Read it and . :)

Wednesday's Reviews

Another hump day arrives with an offering of nine little poems, all rather good for a change.

I've 3 picks to tender and a mention...

how to love ( a married man) from Maria2394. My thought here — ouch.

Waiting for rain from vampiredust. A little something to get you thirsty. Now a little Brandy to go with the rain...

Circling the Square's Block from My Erotic Trail. A quirky little piece and the spelling bears up under scrutiny — keep it up Art!

And special mention to androgyne30's 5 newest submissions. Comments are turned off on some of the pieces but try these out and see how this newest member feels. Note: His first 5 pieces were just unveiled on Monday.

A rather satisfying Wednesday offering.

I'm going to be brief today because I have four million things to do to get ready to take my three kids and the dog on vacation. (I'll still do the reviews while I'm away, tho)

Poems I liked today:
Dustystar's Collections
Tzara's The Light of Distant Cities (great title!)

and the last Victoria_Lucas (definitely a new poet to watch)- Red Smoke

Back