New Poetry Recommendations

My first review day! :)
Only eleven poems today, six of which were by the same author.

The only one that I really want to recommend is Bluerains' Burning Briefs, the little E gives a good indication that you should stop in and read this little poem, and you should. Sure, it's brief (sorry for the pun, I'm a little this early in the am), but I really like the language (great use of "poetry" :))

TGIF New Poems!

May-December by Cleo_P
An alive and enlivening poem. Wakes up and activates the sensations of seasonal cycles and pulls us into the dance of birth, death and new life through imagery you can taste on your tongue and feel on the tips of your fingers.

Dressed To Kill by The_Fool
Intriguing imagery that holds my attention even if it enters into the stereotypical. I want the poem to have a stronger center of gravity, even if implied, that holds the imagery in orbit. The woman feels empty, just clothes. Perhaps she has killed herself by dressing to kill. I want to read or feel that more clearly if that is the case.

To Make A Human by dorksicle
I love the concept and language, but the meaning is unclear. Who is making who…and why? I am missing something here, and I want to know what it is. I like it, though.

Joyful reading!

~S&D

Last edited:
New Poem Reviews
Saturday 20, 2006

16 poems
flowers that bloomed this day
in our garden of poetry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brown recluse by duckiesmut... in a world of scorpions, black widows, wasps and fire ants lives the little demon, the Brown recluse. I truely liked this poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seasons by The_Fool I think most of us enjoy the poetic charm of the_fool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Every day by vetteman... a few of you may find rhyme to be juvenile but I found this poem to be very touching and nicely written. I open my heart to words rather than shut the door because of its style. A Nice write...

clip~
until I kiss and hold you close
I'll make love to you with my prose

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellow Rose by ForeverNAlways ... I do like Yellow Roses and I liked this poem.

clip~
Yellow rose, you whispered
in a lover’s voice.
Yellow rose, you kissed me
and left me no choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matrix by bluerains... from the beauty of blue words...

clip~
you subdued
innocence and became
her window dressing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as much as we all enjoy different flowers we also enjoy different poetry, there are poems out this day to touch even the hardest of souls, read, comment and vote respectfully. Have a quality weekend!

Last edited:
Syndra Lynn's Operating Instructions put up on 21st shouldn't be missed. She has the ability to make you think the poem is aimed at you She writes this type of work very effectively. :)

Wednesday's Reviews

I'm late, I'm late covering today's offerings. 18 very fine pieces, so let's see what's out there.

RhymeFairy has three pieces out today. Looks like she gets all mentioned here today as I'm partial to her Midnight Pleasure ~ Southern Nights but go ahead and check out her other offerings. All show a slightly different feel from her usual.

MistressJett also has three pieces to share with us today. I enjoyed a couple, especially Perhaps the angels weep.... Very descriptive, nicely done. Also check out Girl? Boy?.

Alessia Brio, one of my favs has another fine piece out today, fluid with a bit of a seductive feel to it, drawing the reader in.

sonofmydad has a piece out about an interesting subway ride home in, My Tube Ride Home. It's heavy on rhyme but at least doesn't seem overly contrived and while it may seem somewhat dark on first reading, read it through to the end and you'll see, not all is as it seems. Nuff said.

sexi_soprano87 is a newbie profile with two first offerings. And while I don't normally bother with prose poetry {I find it to be too long and wordy - I prefer short & concise}, this Hoosier does rather well with Caroline's Swing, a rather poignant tale of a single mother.

And finally, this listing would not be complete without mentioning today's offering from sandspike. The Parkway brings to mind a memory of my many years in Atlanta with its fantastic growth and vibrancy with natives and transplant Yankees rubbing elbows {and other body parts}.

Well, that's it for now. Give these a look and check out the others. At least give 'em a quickie vote ~ better yet, give 'em a comment or two, if only to say you liked it! And I'll try and do better next week and wrap the reviews up before I get lunch.

Seventeen new poems today.

First up: Champagne1982's The Midway- I love the descriptions in this poem. Lots of tastes and sounds that really come alive. The poem, in my opinion, gets better toward the end (I'm not a fan of the first line, actually; it doesn't feel right to me. But the rest of the poem more than kept my interest). My favorite stanza:

It lounges on her frothy, cotton
candy bedspread to watch the swoon
written down on vellum pages
of her sweet sixteen dear diary

Next up: Dayle01's Gerald. I really don't like rhyming poems to be honest, but this is a cute little poem about a blue duck. It's fun and it's different, and it made me smile on a pretty crappy day, so it's definitely worth a mention. :)

The Fool is posting again, and I couldn't be happier. Check out his poem today Pragmatic. It's not his best work ever, but I still like it.

And that's it for me today. Go read the new poems!

TGIF! New Poems!

What is it to love a wolf (sestina) by cherries_on_snow is rich with vivid imagery and symbolic echoes. If you've ever wanted to be stalked by a poem that is padding the edges of wilderness, give this a read. Wolves just can't be fully domesticated.

~~Haiku Ribber~~ by MyNecroticSnail is destined to define the new form of "spoofku." Only the evil twin of a master kuist could so meaningfully spoof nothingness.

Her Johnny Reb by BooMerengue offers us poetry not only in words, form and language, but in the heart and soul of her subject as well. This woman's life flows and ebbs in the beautiful fullness and emptiness of real love and roads not taken with no regret.

~S&D

Last edited:
Why wasn't
Last Kiss by SunrockSin
mentioned yesterday?

This is an imaginative, visual poem with a biting tone; crafted with SunrockSin's high level of craftsmanship

Ever wonder why you should wear shoes in the forest?

The perfect balance achieved here (average)

Critique a Beaver's Tail
I love the ambiguity of the title, and the comments are on, but I get the feeling he really doesn't want anything more than "I love your wit and humor" :rolleyes:

(probably from the same person that hates mine)

TOday, I really enjoyed I Should Know Better, by Willow Rain.

It is written in clear, concise language, I liked the straight -forward style and she says what I wish I could have said when the time was right. A good read :)

g_g

what I liked ..

well, although haven't posted much, I"m an avid reader here ... one thing I ALWAYS read is the new poem review ... mostly agree, sometimes don't but what struck me today is that for the second time running, oddly. f-cynyr's submissions have been overlooked.

Now, agreed, I'm a word whore - I freely admit that i am particularly entranced by poets that make me go "hmmmm" - (think Wallace Stevens, Dylan Thomas, Pablo Neuruda - now granted, while Stevens imagry can bring me to tears, I admit freely to never knowing WHAT the fuck he is talking about but the words themselves create such crisp images and visions, I don't care!).

Now today's submissions from f-cynyr's include the poignant "Absence", the gut wrenching "Casualty" but most remarkable is the intriguing "Dark Ride" - which I have read more than once and continue to find compelling.

F-cynyr's imagry and twist on life is uniquely his own and while some of his work resonates more with me than others, it is always individual and powerful. Most evocative are what I term his "dark" works like "Dark Ride" or "Collision".

anyways, I urge people to check out his new stuff - it is most definitely worth it.

(and if anyone can tell me how the hell to do those cool hyperlinks I would be most grateful!)

Good early morn friends ~

Thinking ya'll should check out Willow Rain's new writes today.
She posted three, my fav. ... well shoot I really cannot decide.

A lotta sizzle and tease for her man, not to be forgotten in T's Favorite Part

then she shows us some sweet lovin' in A Woman's Welcome.

These are my two Fav's. So why not give her a read, and decide for yourself. Very good poet here ~

Happy Writing ~

:rose: :rose:

Forgive my brevity today, but my life is a bit crazy right now, so I'm in a rush and also not at all in a poetic mood.
That said, poems I liked:
RhymeFairy's Fall into History
VampireDust's Baby Doll
Neo's Put Your Lips Together and Blow
(Particularly love Neo's title)
Also liked these two, but not as much for some reason:

tbs230's Bliss
and
Vampiredust's VooDoo for Beginners
That's it for me. Hopefully my mood will be more review conducive next week.

Last edited:
Back