New Poem Recommendations

I would like two spotlight two submissions by our very own GuiltyPleasure and Piscator.

Piscator's An Everyday Goodbye is poignant and full of longing. It's inspired by another poem, noted in his submission, and I think it rises above its inspiration.

GuiltyPleasure's Winter Walk may help cool some of us in the summer heat, and it's a lovely, intimate vignette any time of year. I like this one a lot.

1683 by Malice in Wonderland in non-erotic poetry is a long winding difficult, but in the end rewarding mediation on Medieval Asceticism, early Ascetics and possibly the 1683 Ottoman taking of Vienna.
One of many killer lines I particularly enjoined

" "They're edging in Purgatory,
Take me to Hell."​

The latest - and late - Non-erotic submissions,

meudrac is feeling a tad underappreciated in “a Little Nothing”

cavu182 has a poem “End of the Road “ that tells a story if you are patient enough to complete it. I found the line breaks and eccentric use of capitals confusing

cavu182’s second poem is in his or her short line verse, short lines in order to fit the rhyme at the expense of rhythm.

Sophiem98 writes a long poem which, I confess I didn’t finish, it appeated to be one long whine and I just gave up after verse 12.

GlitterKitten has a short poem, “Missed Chances”, a wishful thought about a relationship. I wanted and needed more.

JsudProton offers an interesting and very brief deep thought with “Safety”.

Malice in Wonderland wrote “Daft sans Punk” with some nice word-play – “why unscrew the inscrutable?” for eg. I am too old to understand the title used.

meurdrac depressed us even more with “Into the Abyss”, a rather melodramatic discourse on emotions and betrayal.

JsudProton’s second poem of this batch (and the last in this review) is “A Moral for a Mortal”, a heartfelt attempt to convince us sinners of God’s love, Did it work for you?

Whatever your belief is go check out the New Poems, folk have taken the time to compose.

Last edited:
The latest batch of New Erotic Poems

Lady Amethyst’s “Kiss Him” is prose broken into verses. A story of pressure, passion and permission.

“Rain” by LittleWildFlowers is lovely. Sweetly erotic with no rawness. I love this poem, especially the last two lines.

Next we have “Velvet Dress” by MidnightMuseing. It mangles itself trying to rhyme. If MM could rewrite it and forget the rhyming it could make an interesting and arresting poem.

cavu182 submitted “Noumea Nymphomaniac” – every man’s fantasy. It, too, suffers from rhyme anxiety and would be better without.

Po9p gives us “Hills of Joy” which made me wonder if English is this poet's first language because of the odd choice of words and the off-rhymes “calm” and “realm”, “mass” and “us”. Very short on rhetoric, a bit vague in detail.

Ashesh9 wrote “Thank u M’lady!!!!”, as the author himself says “A silly femdom ditty.” I should spank you, A9.

The images brought to mind by the title “Your Asshole’s like an Oyster” are better forgotten, the poem has great rhythm if it is more graphic than I like. Well done, JackQRussell14.

Oh Ashesh9! You’re excelling yourself. Another silly femdom ditty. “I Surrender”. :caning:

Ma8grets3Weaknesses wrote “The Lady from Bologna pt.2” once more a poet sacrificing in order to rhyme. This is the tale of an insatiable lady proving it.

LadyAmethyst’s second is a “list poem”, "Remind Me" a list of words that leave me cold.

Go read, treat yourself. Comment, vote and feel good about it.

Last edited:
a very grateful Thank U!!!

The latest batch of New Erotic Poems -

Lady Amethyst’s “Kiss Him” is prose broken into verses. A story of pressure, passion and permission.

“Rain” by LittleWildFlowers is lovely. Sweetly erotic with no rawness. I love this poem, especially the last two lines.

Next we have “Velvet Dress” by MidnightMuseing. It mangles itself trying to rhyme. If MM could rewrite it and forget the rhyming it could make an interesting and arresting poem.

cavu182 submitted “Noumea Nymphomaniac” – every man’s fantasy. It, too, suffers from rhyme-anxiety and would be better without.

Po9p gives us “Hills of Joy” which made me wonder if English is this poet's first language because of the odd choice of words and the off-rhymes “calm” and “realm”, “mass” and “us”. Very short on rhetoric, a bit vague in detail.

Ashesh9 wrote “Thank u M’lady!!!!”, as the author himself says “A silly femdom ditty.” I should spank you, A9.

The images brought to mind by the title “Your Asshole’s like an Oyster” are better forgotten, the poem has great rhythm if it is more graphic than I like. Well done, JackQRussell14.

Oh Ashesh9! You’re excelling yourself. Another silly femdom ditty. “I Surrender”. :caning:

Ma8grets3Weaknesses wrote “The Lady from Bologna pt.2” once more a poet sacrificing in order to rhyme. This is the tale of an insatiable lady proving it.

LadyAmethyst’s second is a “list poem”, "Remind Me" a list of words that leave me cold.

Go read, treat yourself. Comment, vote and feel good about it.
THANK U, GP , for taking the effort of reading and commenting on all New Poems ---ash9

cheeky repartee

I should spank you, A9.---Guilty Pleasure
should slaveboy bend over, Mistress GP?----A9

IN THE STEPS OF MARY SLESSOR
POEM INFO
Missionary on her mission.
by GuiltyPleasure
i recommend this poem based on a remarkable Scottish lady who saved 100s of African infants abandoned to cruel death only because they were twins. she did not suffer from Cultural sense of racial superiority but made friends wih Africans and was viewed suspiciously by the Church!!!

Today's Erotic Poetry

Four Women at Lunch is a mischievous poem by cavu82 speculating and lusting as males are wont to do. Some of the beat is a bit off and the format doesn't help the flow, perhaps fewer line breaks?

Dirty talk18 offers Summer of 2012 which is a sweet reminiscence, judging by the title. It's not really erotic, fust a little mournful.

cavu82's second work could have been better. It is Yellow and Red Paisley Curtains, such a good idea with a nice little kick in the last line leaving this reader wondering if this is a serial philanderer. It starts well, smoothly, but gets shaky as it progresses.

The Lady from Bolognia part3 byMa8ret3sweaknesses is our third encounter with the nymphomaniac lady who may or may not be finally sated.
I think this tale would be more engaging as prose.

Jennypepper lives up to her name with the spicy Before the Artist. The rhyming is a bit uneven but a nice effort.

Dom or sub? You decide after you read Selfish Only Maydaypilot knows because he/she wrote this breathless stream of consciousness.

PBAnnie writes about the dangers of - yes, sex hotlines in The Sex Chat Hotline with a stern effort to rhyme at the expense of sense.

Across the Circle By ShadeGypsy is a blow-by-blow tale of divine seduction. The poem is long and untidy but give it a read anyway.

Her Pleasure mine suffers from the same untidiness. Again the helplessness in the clutches of a horny female.

I Surrender my Ass by Ashesh9 rounds off the lastest batch of sex tomes. It has Ashesh's usual short, light approach.

As always, I urge you to go and read, comment and vote.

Last edited:
Non-Erotic Poetry

I’m beginning at the end this time with JstudProyon’s The Joker. It’s a cautionary tale about gambling, pool-gazing and aging before your time. Some off-rhyming but a fun read.

The same author gives us And, How was Your Day?, a primal scream of pain and need to be fulfilled in the end. There are some lovely lines and on-again-off-again rhyme.

Next is a parody of John Brown’s Body by Gondwanaman, Dervish Cockpit. I think this ditty found its way to the wrong hub.

Making Sense by cavu192 is the tale of Johnny and Sally and their unknown demise. It hums along, a nice long road trip then…..bummer.

There are six more tomes to tweak, I’m feeling dizzy so ……….tomorrow.

Today I found sikaphant unable to forget in spite of trying in Placeholder . It didn’t make much sense to me but that’s the joy of poetry, it doesn’t need to. It’s a joy to read free form.

Goosebumps is sikaphants next poem, as usual, it is obscure. The meaning is right there, out of the corner of your eye – and then it isn’t. It does leave me wondering.

Next comes NeedaNewLifeNow with You The misery and pain of self-mutilation. It is a sad and moving work, a “should-read”,

Blur By ElorraButler is breathless and bit erotic. It absorbed me, I like it.

It is a mystery to me but I am warming to sikaphants obscure approach. in Loud Chewing she deals with the annoying habits some people have. It is a poem that makes me wonder if I really understood, and if I’m even meant to.

I can’t comment on In the Steps of Mary Slessorfor obvious reasons but thank you to all who have read and enjoyed, it is good to be subscribing again.

This thread is for New Poem recommendations only. If you want to discuss a recommended poem or thank someone for commenting on and/or recommending your poem, do it here.

Since 2001 poets here have been volunteering to list, recommend or review the new poems that are posted daily on Literotica's New Poems page. What's the connection between that page and this forum? Why would you want to read new poems, comment on them and then come back here and recommend them? Why should you care about inviting new poets to the forum? Here are a few reasons:

1) If you make an investment in giving feedback and recommending poems, it will make you a better poet. The experience of giving feedback will, over time, make you better at identifying what works in a poem (and the opposite) and at how to say so in a comment. (And if you don't know how that should work, you can use the FAQ and resources in this thread to help you learn.) The more thinking and commenting you do, the more you'll be able to apply your ideas to your own writing.

2) Many of us discovered the forum because someone here read our poems, commented on them and invited us to join in. Whether that was your experience or not, you can pay those past favors forward by doing the same for someone new.

3) New poets bring new ideas and inspiration with them. They add new voices to our mix, new conversations about poetry and fresh perspectives. We can all benefit from that.

So are you willing to get more involved in recommending new poems? We hope so! Use the following FAQ if you're not sure it's for you or you have questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who should recommend new poems? I don't think I know enough to do that.

Anyone can recommend a new poem in this thread. Anyone. All you really need is a willingness to read new poems and recommend what you like. If you read a new poem and thought it was good enough to tell someone else about, you're qualified.

What is the best way to recommend a new poem?
There is no best way. If you just want to say, "I like this poem. You should read it" that's fine. If you want to say more and go into detail, that's also fine. If you want to see a variety of styles to recommend or review, read through the old recommendations threads that are linked under Resources, following this FAQ.

I don't have a lot of time for this. Do I have to make a commitment to do it on certain days or to recommend a lot of poems at one time?
No! If you want to recommend a bunch of new poems every day, go for it. If you only have time to make one recommendation once in a while that's ok. You can be as obsessive or spontaneous about it as you want. But you will definitely discover that the more you do it, the more you will be thinking about poetry overall and there are benefits to that.

Somebody else recommended a poem I was going to recommend. Can I still post my recommendation?
Sure. You may not feel it's necessary, but usually the more recommendations a poem gets here, the more people will likely go and read it. Your recommendation can be as simple as saying, "I agree about Poem X." Or you can say more.

Do I need to provide any links when I make a recommendation?
You don't have to but it is helpful to provide a link to the poem you recommend, by name. Some people link to the poet's submissions page as well. If you don't know how to set up a link, follow these instructions, making sure to substitute a plain bracket [ where you see a fancy bracket { (the instructions have to use the fancy bracket so you can see the code).

type {url=

paste the URL of the page you are linking immediately after the equals sign and add a closing bracket, no spaces, like this
{url=http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=378271}

type the name of whatever you are referencing and immediately follow it with the closing code, like this
{url=http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=378271}Sexy Beast{/url}

That's it. Your link will look like this
Sexy Beast

Can I post an excerpt or the whole poem here when I recommend it?
A link to the poem is best. Short excerpts are fine, too, but please do not post an entire poem. Poets may want to remove a poem from Lit and try to publish it elsewhere. If you post the whole poem in this thread, they can't say a poem is not published somewhere else (something many editors require) because that poem has, in effect, been published in this thread. So don't put anyone in that predicament!

Do I have to let a poet know I'm recommending their poem on the forum?
You don't have to but you should. The easiest way to do that is to tell them when you leave your comment on a poem (because you are leaving a comment, right?). If it's a new poet who likely doesn't know we exist, you can also invite them to the forum. If you do comment and/or invite, you can copy and paste the URL address from the main forum page, this thread or your individual post in this thread into your comment. Yes it takes a minute and you have to go back and forth, but you give the poet the chance to see your recommendation by doing so.

Resources

New Poems Page

To Keep the Review Thread Clean

Previous Recommendations Threads (starting with the most recent one)

New Poetry Recommendations

New Poem Recommendations

The New Poems List
There have been no new poems submitted in the last seven days. :confused: Really?

New Poems

I am sick of plowing through poetry meant only for the author's enjoyment in the hopes of finding something worthy. So much so that I'm sure I miss the gooduns,

Alana X's, "For You", which was one of the highlights of our Valentine’s Villanelle, Sonnet, Terzanelle and Terza Rima Challenge is now posted in New Erotic Poetry,

BellaBestia's, "Black Leather or" is a deep dive lament/ meditation on the difference between "recreational flogging" and the realities faced by "Pinochet's Martyrs," in the same section.

In Illustrated Poetry, 29wordsforsnow's "Bare, Now and Then" combines art and prose to conclude that it's "worth waiting for the cherries to become ripe and sweet."

in the same section, Hawker Penn's
"Sitting In At Blackjack (In Color)" gives an extended poetic and well illustrated account as to how a loss at blackjack can lead to a win for all.

In Non-erotic Poetry, Winter Fare's elegant Italian Sonnet "Rose Window" gives us a soulful vignette of the view from a church window.

Back