New Poem Recommendations

Thank you for linking!
I enjoyed these poems - especially BellaBestia's Black Leather or. I didn't realise Literotica allowed for mixing poetry and illustrations. (I rarely dip into the poetry side of Lit, but the Valentine's event intrigued me because I do enjoy villanelles.)

Alana X's, "For You", which was one of the highlights of our Valentine’s Villanelle, Sonnet, Terzanelle and Terza Rima Challenge is now posted in New Erotic Poetry,

BellaBestia's, "Black Leather or" is a deep dive lament/ meditation on the difference between "recreational flogging" and the realities faced by "Pinochet's Martyrs," in the same section.

In Illustrated Poetry, 29wordsforsnow's "Bare, Now and Then" combines art and prose to conclude that it's "worth waiting for the cherries to become ripe and sweet."

in the same section, Hawker Penn's
"Sitting In At Blackjack (In Color)" gives an extended poetic and well illustrated account as to how a loss at blackjack can lead to a win for all.

In Non-erotic Poetry, Winter Fare's elegant Italian Sonnet "Rose Window" gives us a soulful vignette of the view from a church window.
Thank you very much for the kind mention of "Sitting In At Blackjack (In Color)". I hope the work will encourage the creation of longer works, narrative poetry and illustrated poetry. As an exercise, one could take a favorite Literotica story and attempt to turn it into a narrative poem. I'm sure illustrators are already inspired to illustrate scenes from stories they have enjoyed. Thanks again.

I'm sorry for breaking the thread, but today I was officially displeased by finding the whole of yesterday's newly published poetry cluster-one-bombed. How does the seed of hatred dare to find a heart so broken to tiny shivering shards to be it's ground of zero tolerance nourished by the millisecond-thriumph of yet another click? Will it take vast emptiness to break it's abyssal promise to flourish to fame, taking part in this stone-cold-troll-hearted game?

To the one on that spiraling path down, take a minute to look aroun', and see the beauty you had unfound.

Our buddy and fellow poet Ashesh9 has an audio submission out today of a traditional ghazal which he (bravely) sings for us in the original Urdu. He has also provided an English translation for those of us (me, I mean me lol) whose Urdu is um nonexistent!

You can listen to it here. Kudos Ash for keeping traditional forms alive!

Back