New OOC 'Rebuild'

all,
Here are my thoughts on the entity.

People turn into zombies from the “plant” spores. But along with the spores … there is this virus.

A single zombie spore or virus is dumb ... just like a single brain cell is dumb. A huge group of them can become “smart”

The spores/virus can control parts of the human nervous system and send basic commands to move dead people around to gather more food. They have a strong connect with human brains.

Now as we know, in some people if the human disease defensive system fails … and the virus takes over … they turn into a NUT CASE. For example Daniel and Thea. The spore/virus cannot kill their brains … so it just takes them over.

Visions or voices talking to them, etc…The humans in this state … also get powers. They can control virus in other zombies, thus commanding them.

So where is the entity? It is everywhere the virus/spores are. It is the network used to transport the signals to all the zombies. So killing the entity is hard. You need to kill the transport network.

This is why Cassie feels the entity as she gets out of the truck near the library. It is that huge psychic signal network centered on Thea and Daniel inside the library.

Anyhow ... those are my thoughts ... do you all agree?

"You need to get rid of the transport network."

The network is basically just spores, right? That would be too easy. You just take a huge industrial fan to blow them away.

APOCALYPSE SOLVED, LET THE CELEBRATORY FEAST BEGIN.

"You need to get rid of the transport network."

The network is basically just spores, right? That would be too easy. You just take a huge industrial fan to blow them away.

APOCALYPSE SOLVED, LET THE CELEBRATORY FEAST BEGIN.

*grins* Nope, it won't be that easy!

The virus makes the zombies blow out spores over and over again. The only possible solution is to get rid of all zombies and kill all people showing signs of possession. Which ads the twist I complimented MM on: now the survivors have an other challenge: what to do with people getting "Napoleon"? Kill them at once, or wait until they show signs of "entitytiness"?

All the people who ever showed signs of Napoleon, like Peter, are going to be very uncomfortable ...

1) Get a REALLY big fan. Like Washigton Monument big.

2) Anchor all the clean people to the ground.

3) Turn on the fan, watch all the zombies and infected fly away.

4) APOCALYPSE SOLVED, LET THE CELEBRATORY FEAST BEGIN. AGAIN.

1) Get a REALLY big fan. Like Washigton Monument big.

2) Anchor all the clean people to the ground.

3) Turn on the fan, watch all the zombies and infected fly away.

4) APOCALYPSE SOLVED, LET THE CELEBRATORY FEAST BEGIN. AGAIN.

Yeah, and have them starving because because all animals not in a cage in the zoo have been blown away too. And all the wheat, and all everything else ... It is a bad idea to open both doors of an airlock at the same time when you are in outer space.

so the Entity is sort of like that in Revolution in that it is everywhere at once.

yes ... the transport network for the entity is "brain waves" or "psychic energy"

The transport network for more zombies is the spores. The next "flowering" (i.e. spore spreading) is coming up. That is a very dangerous time. Humans are down 90% from peak population. If the next flowering happens ... humans maybe be down to 1%, there will not be enough left to turn the tide against the zombies.

anyhow ... those are my thoughts

And FYI ... Please give Blackpenman a chance to post ... in the scene coming up. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Addition for the first post of this thread:

Often a virus cel gets infested with a spore, thus forming the base for a mental messages and control network between zombies and the few humans not turning zombie after they are infected by the virus and the spores (because the level of spores in their body is too low and/or their immune-system is too strong or because they are one of the very few immune to both virus and spores), normally the virus 'just' makes enough parts of the brain of a zombie work to have it longing for fresh human meat, these virus/spore combinations make them part of a network if there is a non-zombie which is able to control them.

People infected by these virus/spores will present themselves as heavy cases of "Napoleon". Some of them are able to conquer this stage, get a high fever as their immune-system kicks in belatedly and become their normal selves again after the fever breaks. Some of these appear to be their normal selves but show signs of extreme jealousy, anger, or other (commonly viewed as) negative emotions.

Some turn "napoleon" for ever and become the (often on a subconscious level, believing they are being visited by a good-willing 'ghost') commanding part of what the survivors call an "Entity" or "Voice". An entity controls zombies.

It needs a critical zombie-mass before an entity is able to exist, how big this mass has to be, is still unclear.

Would this be alright with you, MM?

Edited. MM, okay?

Last edited:
Whew! I just cranked that sucker of a post out, in bed on my phone! Sorry for the delay guys, RL sure is a bitch sometimes! I'm gonna go back to sleep though, my neck and arms hurt. Peace out!:D

That sounds great dutchrain!

I would add a "critical mass" is a must. If the mass is reduced ... the entity gets dumber and dumber.

So the more zombies killed in a certain area the less intelligence the entity has, the more the Napoleon Forever survivors become irrational or become more like themselves???

I can see Daniel shrugging off some of the entity's influence and becoming more stable as it looses intelligence, but Thea. I only see her going on a rampage of epic proportions with noone to control her.

Definitely sounds interesting. But if 90% of the human population is zombie, and lets say the critical mass is 50%, then that's a lot of zombies we need to kill in Eugene. And we have no idea how many are being made each day, or how many zombies need to be killed before the Entity has a significant change in strength. And how about instead of becoming less and less intelligent, the Entity just has less and less influence. Whether or not the Entity is necessary for Daniel and Thea to keep their powers is another discussion though.

yes ... less powerful ... great idea. Dumber is a slight side effect.

On a different ... but related subject. There are hundreds of zombie in the knight ... and hundreds outside.

Plans for Troy, Ria, Dent and the dogs?

Maybe a double trojan horse? With Dent freeing everyone?

Or maybe burning the knight down with the flamethrower? (I'm against this idea ... but it has merit.)

Bart, Hunter, Deacon ... could help from the outside. I'm also thinking the roof is an option ... as Thea sent all the zombie into the library to kill/capture Ria and Troy.

Thoughts??

We could always do the cheesy movie cliche where you try to appeal to Daniel and make him good again, and if it succeeds, and he still has his powers, he could take control over many of the zombies and be help. But like I said, it is so cheesy to do that.

So the more zombies killed in a certain area the less intelligence the entity has, the more the Napoleon Forever survivors become irrational or become more like themselves???

I can see Daniel shrugging off some of the entity's influence and becoming more stable as it looses intelligence, but Thea. I only see her going on a rampage of epic proportions with noone to control her.

I would say the more zombies are killed, the less influence the entity has, and the more the Napoleon Forever become like their former selves. Or they go mad, like Thea. Daniel hasn't been mad, just irrational in many ways.

Which might mean he could become his own much more placid self again.

Thea would still be a complete lunatic. Only she wouldn't have visions. But she would mourn the feelings she had while she was a controller (we need a new vocabulary! controller, steerer? Who knows a nice word for the controlling part?) and she would want these feelings again.

Definitely sounds interesting. But if 90% of the human population is zombie, and lets say the critical mass is 50%, then that's a lot of zombies we need to kill in Eugene. And we have no idea how many are being made each day, or how many zombies need to be killed before the Entity has a significant change in strength. And how about instead of becoming less and less intelligent, the Entity just has less and less influence. Whether or not the Entity is necessary for Daniel and Thea to keep their powers is another discussion though.

90% isn't zombie, half of them are dead, ended as zombie food, got killed by other humans, died in burning houses, in car accidents, and so on. That leaves us with only *grins*) 45% of the peak-population being zombies.

Which means only 22,5% of the peak-population is a zombie which needs to be killed if 50% of the zombie total is the critical mass needed for one (or more, the number of controllers would only depend on how many Napoleon Forevers there are) controller to come into existence.

We know there won't be many new zombies until the next blooming. The number of free flowing spores in the air is low since most are in zombies. And a human doesn't turn zombie from bites, that just makes you ill, or a possible controller.

I would say Daniel and Thea lose their powers and influence over the zombies in correlation to the dropping amount of zombies. It will take some time though, because it also took around three weeks for Thea to become who she is now, and Daniel is just discovering his powers since two days. Which would mean Daniel would recover a lot quicker than Thea.

Aww, but being a Zombie Controller was so much fun! :D But I definitely think it would be a good solution. But they lose their powers only once the Entity disappears, which is when the right amount of zombies are killed, am I right?

Cassie is going to try :) But I figure Daniel needs to talk to Cassie first. He has a lot to get off his chest about her cheating ways!

yes ... less powerful ... great idea. Dumber is a slight side effect.

On a different ... but related subject. There are hundreds of zombie in the knight ... and hundreds outside.

Plans for Troy, Ria, Dent and the dogs?

Maybe a double trojan horse? With Dent freeing everyone?

Or maybe burning the knight down with the flamethrower? (I'm against this idea ... but it has merit.)

Bart, Hunter, Deacon ... could help from the outside. I'm also thinking the roof is an option ... as Thea sent all the zombie into the library to kill/capture Ria and Troy.

Thoughts??

Bart, the Hunter and their team of two men will start killing zombies on the cemetery, and possibly on the roof.

Deacon will take part in the action too, maybe he even is hiding in the library, or near to it already? Deaths, I hope camp has been fun, but Deacon has work to do here!

I think the 'hundreds of zombies' Cassie is seeing, are actually around fifty, or maybe sixty? A huge mass is in the country side, many are wandering around, some already are in the 'plant' stage. So lets say a total of hundred zombies on the third floor, and another hundred on the roof?

Maybe Ria or Troy runs out, and kills off the zombies following him/her with the flamethrower, then comes back in a again. Thea wants to kill her and Troy herself, so the zombies only want to catch them?

Aww, but being a Zombie Controller was so much fun! :D But I definitely think it would be a good solution. But they lose their powers only once the Entity disappears, which is when the right amount of zombies are killed, am I right?

Yes. Which would take a long time and will be very dangerous. Quite some NRPs are going to get badly hurt.

And something else: even if the Knights and King's are able to reduce the critical mass in and around Eugene, it doesn't mean other humans in other cities and towns are able to do the same.

We already have noted the people in the rural part of the country around Eugene had a much higher change to survive than those in the city had. They are only now experiencing the full danger because of Thea throwing her zombies against them. Daniel still doesn't know he is a controller.

Maybe there are a few other controllers around, who have other intentions, or who are not consciously steering 'their' zombies?

Yes the last 'Push' against the winery and surrounding farms has obviously put a dent in some of the local Zombie population. After all hundreds have been killed but as they are from all over it would not effect the entity so much in just the Eugene area. Still If a few hundred more were killed, say the ones gathered for this attack, it would be sure to weaken it's hold.

You needed a new word for "controller?" How about Enforcer? I mean, the zombies can't TRULY take orders, right? They just go by what they wanna do. The Enforcer just enforces the orders built-into their systems.

Also, big no to the "Dent frees everyone" thing. He's nice and polite, but not stupid. He'd probably run. Probably.

All,
What are your thoughts about ending this thread? Posting has slowed down and we are at a good spot to at least conclude this "charpter" of the story.

My thoughts are:

As soon as Thea bites the dust ... Daniel would be by far the strongest mind in the "entity's network". He could take control of a major part of the zombie army.

Daniel would still be unstable ... think like a zombie in some cases but also think like a human in others. The human part of daniel's mind would fight hard not to allow the zombie network to grow strong again. A strong network/entity would crush his human mind part again. So Daniel would work with the knights/kings to prevent a blooming.

I was thinking a blooming is one unique zombie out of 100,000 that has the abilities to produce spores. "Human" Daniel would tell the knights/kings which zombie it was and they could contain the flowering/blooming event. no new zombies.

We could run the clock forward 1 year ... and everyone gets to write an nice post about the new zombie/human world around Eugene, Oregon. This leaves open the possibility of the group moving out and trying to save other cities if we want to continue with this zombie universe. Or maybe a zombie army attacking Eugene?

Thoughts?

That could work. A sequel thread if we ever feel like it, or just end this saga. Sounds good to me.

Back