Need help categorizing a story!

syn4321

Virgin
I'm currently in the middle of writing the one story I always had to write... I could use some advice, though, on categorizing it... It's a guy mostly just talking with his young (not married) sweetheart when she reveals that she's decided to become a slut... They just make out and talk about it... She talks about becoming a slut, a slut for big dicks, and a slut for BBC.... she also talks about trying a gangbang... I guess I could just put it in interracial with most of my work, but I wonder if it could fit somewhere else... Thoughts, anyone?

Erotic Couplings?
Nice idea! I like it! It is "one-on-one" during the story... So that's fair and clever! Is it okay if different chapters end up in different categories? I've had mixed feelings about when other authors do that... And this could end up with sequels/chapters that meander... I have ideas for quite a few sequels/chapters, actually!

I would recommend finishing the story before you worry about the category. You might branch off as you write, you might revise, you don't know. Category isn't really important until you want to publish.

I would recommend finishing the story before you worry about the category. You might branch off as you write, you might revise, you don't know. Category isn't really important until you want to publish.
It's finished except for a few final passes at editing. At least this first chapter I want to publish.

It's finished except for a few final passes at editing. At least this first chapter I want to publish.
How far in are you with other chapters? Have you begun them, or are they ideas in your head? And would they continue a theme or deviate into other areas?

The danger that is often discussed with multi-chapter stories jumping between categories is that readers here have a habit of sticking to a preferred category/theme/kink, and may not follow a story from one to another.

How far in are you with other chapters? Have you begun them, or are they ideas in your head? And would they continue a theme or deviate into other areas?

The danger that is often discussed with multi-chapter stories jumping between categories is that readers here have a habit of sticking to a preferred category/theme/kink, and may not follow a story from one to another.
Thanks for asking. The next chapter will probably be the woman acting out the slut fantasies that she reveals in the first chapter. So... Maybe that would map to interracial or group sex best... Or I could start with and keep "erotic couplings"? A third chapter will likely involve her pulling in their family members, so that could be "I/T." My fear about starting it in "I/T" is that those readers would be irritated waiting for it to become Incest... And that's not going to happen until the third chapter.... Is there a good category for "Kinky story that meanders"? Would "Erotic Couplings" be good for that?

Is there a good category for "Kinky story that meanders"? Would "Erotic Couplings" be good for that?
Oh, how I wish there was... EC is fine, but the thing to remember is the lower views than in some other categories.

Last edited:
I guess I could just put it in interracial with most of my work, but I wonder if it could fit somewhere else... Thoughts, anyone?
Whenever someone comes here with this type of question, and includes their own answer, I always think, "Trust your instincts, you were right the first time."

It sounds to me that you want to write a smorgasbord series with this kink, that kink, and a bit of another. Why don't you write separate stories, and do each kink justice? Dance around with too much going on and you end up satisfying no-one.

Whenever someone comes here with this type of question, and includes their own answer, I always think, "Trust your instincts, you were right the first time."

It sounds to me that you want to write a smorgasbord series with this kink, that kink, and a bit of another. Why don't you write separate stories, and do each kink justice? Dance around with too much going on and you end up satisfying no-one.
I think you're on to something. There's no reason that I can't have it be the same characters and even acknowledge independent stories (with different titles) in the timeline--rather than present serialized. I think that's the answer... And I guess I'll go with interracial for the first story because of the prominence of that fantasy in it. Sure... Especially if "erotic couplings" doesn't get a lot of viewers and interest.

I think you're on to something. There's no reason that I can't have it be the same characters and even acknowledge independent stories (with different titles) in the timeline--rather than present serialized. I think that's the answer... And I guess I'll go with interracial for the first story because of the prominence of that fantasy in it. Sure... Especially if "erotic couplings" doesn't get a lot of viewers and interest.
Exactly. People overthink the first release of stories. You need to think what your story page will look like in two, five, ten years time.

Take mine for example, 120 or so chapters and/or stories over nearly ten years. There's a mix of stories, short series, long chaptered pieces over a wide range of categories - that shows variety, doesn't it?

I know that a whole bunch of those stories are interrelated in one way or another, but for readers that can be part of the fun - tracking characters in and out of stories.

Back