My Transgender Awakening

Gi_Venus said:
I do not know how it applies to all the states....but to my knowledge if you can get documentation from a Medical Doctor stating you are a female then a trangendered person can marry like a biological female and rights will be observed. A powerful motivation for complete change. I know for me it is spiritual connection that counts the most, male or female.... laughing so if I end up with a female lover(nine out of ten transgendered male to females end up with female partners)...well I might not change all the way......as I can marry legally that way....but with a male....unless one is in a state that allows gay marriage I would probably make full change..... My intent by myself is to proceed to a full change.

*Laughing* this adds a whole other problem what if one is married and changes...does that marriage to an oppisote sex partner become void if one becomes the same sex.

All the more reason to support same-sex marriage. :rose:

Gi_Venus said:
Meaning, I should not have the surgery? *batting my eyes* :kiss:

Of course, you should. Just sayin' your official status shouldn't affect whether you can marry someone of either sex. ;) :rose: :kiss:

SEVERUSMAX said:
Of course, you should. Just sayin' your official status shouldn't affect whether you can marry someone of either sex. ;) :rose: :kiss:
Sigh...it should not. ((((Sev))))
:heart: :heart: get your yahoo fixed yet?

Gi_Venus said:
Sigh...it should not. ((((Sev))))
:heart: :heart: get your yahoo fixed yet?

Not yet...but it works on my GF's PC...so I can still use that now and then. I'll have to figure out what it is....must not be yahoo itself. Just my Windows 98.

SEVERUSMAX said:
Not yet...but it works on my GF's PC...so I can still use that now and then. I'll have to figure out what it is....must not be yahoo itself. Just my Windows 98.
Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

Tymeless said:
time to upgrade to XP or 98 me thinks sever!

Well, I have 98, but I need XP....I just can't get it to install on my PC, for some reason. It works on my GF's, but not on mine. Mine is a dinosaur by comparison.

SEVERUSMAX said:
Well, I have 98, but I need XP....I just can't get it to install on my PC, for some reason. It works on my GF's, but not on mine. Mine is a dinosaur by comparison.

what kind of system are you running i'm by no means an expert but i might be able to make some suggestions.

Gi_Venus said:
I do not know how it applies to all the states....but to my knowledge if you can get documentation from a Medical Doctor stating you are a female then a trangendered person can marry like a biological female and rights will be observed. A powerful motivation for complete change. I know for me it is spiritual connection that counts the most, male or female.... laughing so if I end up with a female lover(nine out of ten transgendered male to females end up with female partners)...well I might not change all the way......as I can marry legally that way....but with a male....unless one is in a state that allows gay marriage I would probably make full change..... My intent by myself is to proceed to a full change.

*Laughing* this adds a whole other problem what if one is married and changes...does that marriage to an opposite sex partner become void if one becomes the same sex.

Thank god I am Canadian!

For the record my yahoo has been wonky and keeps crashing, to the point where it bogs down my pooter. I am running Windows XP professional so who knows what the commonality is.

playwithlezli said:
Thank god I am Canadian!

For the record my yahoo has been wonky and keeps crashing, to the point where it bogs down my pooter. I am running Windows XP professional so who knows what the commonality is.

you have messengers and we never talk?

*sulks*

sunandshadow said:
Very interesting - puzzling to me though. I grew up thinking that men and women are basically the same on the inside, that nurturing babies is something for both genders to do, as are math, fixing a car, cooking... that gender roles are an idea that went out of fashion around 1968. Then again, perhaps this belief is a reflection of the fact that my mind is about halfway between the typical male and female mind. I like babies and want to have one, but I love working with my hands doing carpentry and electrical work. I love stories and computers. I hate pink and spectator sports. I like fashion design but I refuse to shave my legs. I am attracted to men who are definitely men but are slender and have long hair - somewhat feminine ideals of attractiveness.

So yeah, I think gender roles are the big lie, just like religion - to be happy you should be yourself and not care who or what others think you should be, not buy into social myths about what women are or men are.

Quoted for truth.

Tymeless said:
you have messengers and we never talk?

*sulks*

sorry Tiff, I hardly ever talk to anyone on yahoo anymore....I just haven't had the time, and I'll have even less of it soon. I should get me a laptop...

playwithlezli said:
sorry Tiff, I hardly ever talk to anyone on yahoo anymore....I just haven't had the time, and I'll have even less of it soon. I should get me a laptop...

nods yeah you should its all right i just have to give my lezli a hard time.

SEVERUSMAX said:

Make a dual boot, since Windows 98 is smashing great when you want to play an old DOS game. Since dosbox is ok, but it can never give you the same feeling, as tinkering with real DOS.
Ok, I am a pc nerd at times. But at the same time, I feel XP is the last system I want to touch, if I won´t go back and install win 98 SE DK on an old PC I have lying around. And maybe make a dual boot with linux, and XP on this one I have right now.
Since vista sucks all the way, and the same does Bill Gates, and no wonder he called his firm microSOFT. Oldest joke ;)

But really, if your pc is fast enough, then do a dual boot with Windows 98 SE, and XP. But do it quick, since the support for XP runs out soon. Sadly.

But there are alot of open source multi IM clients with compatibility of yahoo IM (not all my links are open source clients).

Miranda is one

http://www.miranda-im.org/

Trilian is another

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

(I can give you the newest proversion in a private message if you are interested).

Pidgin is again another multi IM client

http://www.pidgin.im/about.php

jabber is another one too

http://www.jabber.org/

Do you want more ?

Meebo is a webbased IM protocol (but I doubt its security)

www.meebo.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging_clients

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_messaging

http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&q=im+clients&btnG=Google-søgning&meta=

That was my google search, but some of the IM client names, I knew beforehand.

Last edited:
Gi_Venus said:
*Laughing* this adds a whole other problem what if one is married and changes...does that marriage to an opposite sex partner become void if one becomes the same sex.

I was just reading about civil unions and apparently in the UK, if one partner in a straight marriage transitions so that they're a same sex couple, the marriage is annulled. However, there is some sort of special process which means they can obtain a civil union the next day.

In the state of ohio i can marry a woman but never a man because i was born a man. My marriage would be legal if i transitioned before or after the marriage.

KABUKISTAR said:
Quoted for truth.
Truth is elusive and never attained.....it does not exist. Reality is beyond our very human and distorted perception, if we cannot percieve reality how can we see truth? So it is your truth, if you percieve through my mind can you see my truth? Or can i see yours? best yet disregard what I said it is arrogant and disrespectful....grin.... Thought colors our world....thought is a construct of our experience and assumptions... the only real truth is that what you are experiencing right now.....when you start to think....phhhhhhttttt! reality is gone.
in light of what I just said....Phhhhhtttttttt! (thinking stops here) Vacuous blondes are not so dumb. Giggle.. okay...okay I am gray....but. Damn, I have to go back to work.
Gianna

Gi_Venus said:
Truth is elusive and never attained.....it does not exist. Reality is beyond our very human and distorted perception, if we cannot percieve reality how can we see truth? So it is your truth, if you percieve through my mind can you see my truth? Or can i see yours? best yet disregard what I said it is arrogant and disrespectful....grin.... Thought colors our world....thought is a construct of our experience and assumptions... the only real truth is that what you are experiencing right now.....when you start to think....phhhhhhttttt! reality is gone.
in light of what I just said....Phhhhhtttttttt! (thinking stops here) Vacuous blondes are not so dumb. Giggle.. okay...okay I am gray....but. Damn, I have to go back to work.
Gianna

Gi_Venus, I really (really! really!) like you and what you have to say. As a married (happily) bi-male I will not pretend to say that I understand all you have experienced in regards to the issue of gender. But, if you can find any truth (phhhhhtttt!) in this I hope it brings some joy; Consider yourself especially lucky in how you have been created... you have been given the opportunity to experience and know things that most never will. It is society that has caused the pain, but even that can be looked upon as a special experience that has worked to make you who you are today. Blessings and Peace

yukonnights said:
Gi_Venus, I really (really! really!) like you and what you have to say. As a married (happily) bi-male I will not pretend to say that I understand all you have experienced in regards to the issue of gender. But, if you can find any truth (phhhhhtttt!) in this I hope it brings some joy; Consider yourself especially lucky in how you have been created... you have been given the opportunity to experience and know things that most never will. It is society that has caused the pain, but even that can be looked upon as a special experience that has worked to make you who you are today. Blessings and Peace
:kiss: Thank you yukonights. Your words are kind. *warm smile* Now if I can live what I speak...grin. We forget to experience things in our distraction with life. Today on an errand at work I found myself in a lovely spot, in the midst of downtown Kissimee....there is a lively thriving latino community.....the world was alive and vibrant....cars whizing by...a cattle egret liked his perch on a car and kept it even as it was driving off......across the street young latino males hung out watching the goings on. The woman in front of me in the check out line had a hardness about her yet still you could see her lovely life defined beauty shining, she was a power to be reckoned with.......My cashier spoke spanish too...I pretended to understand....smiled.....and said gracious. Outside a woman and her beautiful children walked by brown eyes shining with the joy of life. Grin PHHhhtttt! Experience life. I clutched my Dove dark chocolate bar and went back to my work place.

Back