Marvel 2007

Luke Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist

There was a rush of jets, and the gray and white armored suit took off. Wow. Brave guy that. Really heroic. He sure cut a noble figure as he cut and ran like a punk. The others on the scene weren't even making a peep. The appearance of the Thunderbolts seemed to have startled them. It was an obvious turn though. No appreciation for strategy in this group, it seemed.

The black and white one with the bad teeth, Venom, looked like she was about to lose it. He didn't know why Moonstone was playing it this way, she had to know that a fight was inevitable. "How often does that work? Offering leniency to those who help you to make it easier on you, then still rogering them as hard as everyone else. I mean, I know you've been flying a desk for a while, Moony, but come on. Given your reputation for psychological manipulation, I'm honestly let down."

He shook his head, hands falling to his hips, "You used to be so good at this too! Must be old age creeping up on you." Everything about his manner said that he was relaxing, preparing to not fight. Every movement, the angle of his shoulders, the way he was moving. And all of it was a lie. "I mean, 10 years ago, you totally would have seen this coming."

The dragon's chi burned in his body, as he moved with such speed that most eyes wouldn't have been able to follow. One moment, he was standing in his 'chagrined stance', and the next he was airborne. His flying knee hit Moonstone in the stomach, the blow aimed to double her over and blast the air from her lungs. As she crumpled forward, he slammed his right elbow into the back of her head. twisting about as he did so. They fell together, Iron Fist looping his left arm around her head, throwing her forward over his shoulder to plant her on the ground in front of him as he landed in a kneeling crouch.

Normally, he'd have felt bad about this. But Moonstone was a powerful superhuman, one of the strongest on the planet, and completely ruthless. She was also the only think keeping the Thunderbolts together. His left hand tangled in her long hair and jerked her head up and back, as he raised his right arm, fist bathed in blazing yellow chi. He brought the Iron Fist down across her jaw, hard. If he could take her out now, their chances were much better. "Sorry if you wanted to posture more, but I think we're going to skip right to the fighting."

Cap had caught on quickly to what Fist was doing, and somehow managed to keep his cool, even though he was pissed at several things...

Not seeing his kids.
Moonstone.
Iron Kid fling off.

As Iron Fist let loose against Moonstone, Cap let the shield fly towards Beetle while he leapt at Venom without waiting to see if the shield hit true.

Though the loud crunch confirmed that it had.

Cap didn't break a sweat as he began to trade blows with Venom, the Symbiote and its host appearing stronger than it appeared.

As for its viscousness.

Well, that was portrayed perfectly.

Cap grunted as an uppercut caught him, and glimpsed that the other free heroes were simply gawking.

'You lot get out of here now!' He yelled loudly, kicking off Venom and leaping into the air catching his shield, and once more turning against Venom, and delivering a quick tirade of blows.

Last edited:
Andreas Strucker. The Swordsman.

Damn it was priceless to watch his wife work. She played it perfectly. Even if it did hurt him to see her treated so. He wanted nothing more than to drive his blade through this new Iron Fist's heart, but he had a part to play.

"Bolts, Option play!" He shouted as he let fly an energy bolt into Captain America's shield and advanced with a speed that belied his age. The training regimen he kept as well as the benefits of the medical science Stark provided them made sure that he was still field worthy. The decades of field work also had made him a tactician and field leader worthy of facing the old Avengers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bolts, Option play!" Swordsman had made the command. Venom leaped free from Captain America, made a feint towards Iron Fist then sprang on the tall dark haired woman with the claws. Her own claws extended as she slashed at the woman's gut and hit home. But the woman didn't go down. She should be bleeding out so she and her love, the symbiont could feast. But She ended up having the others' claws rip at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The order had been given. Quicksand became a column of sand and blasted herself against the unmoving form of the Juggernaut. She knew the threat level and wouldn't stay solid enough for him to hurt her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shield had hit him almost off guard. Almost. His heads up display showed that the armor wasn't damaged really. Structural integrity was down to 97%. He began to fire an almost random barrage of bolts. He had almost hit the woman that had been wielding shadows and had hit the other armored man who had been simply standing there frozen. Heads up display gave him half a second pause. That armor was Redeemer tech. He locked in and began to fly hard and fast at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Unicorn heard the order and his special forces training kicked in. He took to dodging amongst the Beetle's support fire and had just enough of a field of fire to be able to ricochet a blast from his "horn" off of the Juggernaut and almost hit the girl in the Spider man costume. Damn it, did she have the same combat sense as the original?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the chaos that began the Smuggler shifted into his shadow form and began to slither towards the unconscious Hulk. He had to get him to the Negative zone portal so he could be put back into his containment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few miles away a voice spoke into a comlink. "Sir, combat has begun. The unregistereds are being engaged."

"Damn it all, they were to hold until I arrived." Norman Osbourne had had to stop on route to don his costume. He hadn't meant to have to wear it but that damnable ghost from the past had destroyed the trump card he had meant to play. So without Red Ronin, Osbourne was going to have to enter combat as The Goblin instead.

"Sir, Tactical is recommending you not engage. There appears to be someone in the battle wearing a Spider Man like costume."

"Fire Tactical! I am going in to squash this bug before it gets the chance to even start a career." As he said this a familiar sounding laugh slipped from his lips. "I'm coming for you Parker. I'm going to kill you and your legacy once and for all."

Last edited:
chaos heard the sounds of fighting begin, and sighed, shaking his head. "If I get caught, I can't help them. But if I do nothing, some of them might die. Sometimes it's hard being the good guys." He stopped in midair, and then shook his head again, taking off. "Tony, I may need some heavier weapons after all. If I get caught, you know what to do."

Soon enough, he was there, right where the battle was starting. He surveyed the scene, and took careful note of who was where. Venom, a female version, apparently, was there. Sonic cannons would deal with her. Quicksand was taking on the Juggernaut. Not the smartest move, even with her ability to turn to sand. From what he remembered of the files on Juggs, it didn't matter whether one was solid, liquid, or incorporeal, they'd still feel the pain of his fists.

He didn't bother checking over the others. One thing at a time. With that, he fired a sonic blast down at Venom, with a dual purpose. First, to attempt to get her out of the fight. Second, to get their attention. Once that was done, he amped up the volume on the speakers. "For the record, there's no knockoff about War Machine. The original armor came before Iron Man. This is just my version. So if it's a knockoff of anything, it'd be of the oiginal War Machine's armor. I know I'm going to regret this, but who wants to play catch." With that, he dove for the ground, grabbing a flagpole and ripping it out of the side of a building on the way. Being able to bench 80 tons while wearing the armor had its advantages.

"Son of bitch!" Fixer's voice screamed in Jason's brain as the fighting broke out anew. He had not planned on dealing with the Thunderbolts now, and their unexpected appearance had jump started the kid's revenge drive something fierce. Even now, he was fighting the restraint systems, wanting to get into the action and not take the sensible course and fly out. What the hell, Fixer thought, Let him get a few shots in...for now.

Jason found the suit suddenly under his command again. He grinned inside the helmet as he leveled his arm at Venom, sending out a blast of sound too high pitched for human ears, but plenty painful to the alien creature. At the same time, he took to the air, using his other firing tube to create a hard sound capsule around the animate sandstorm, hoping to get it contained before anything happened to the immense man it was going for. Unfortunately, the sand-creature slipped through before the containment trap could close, and it moved to fast for Raptor to line up another shot while trying to keep Venom from the fight.

Victoria Wilson.

First the Thunderbolts had shown up, then when all hell broke loose Venom had nearly gutted her. Instinct kicked in and the fight began.

Next thing she knew the world had exploded into nothing but a scream. Her ears had healed enough to catch the back half of War Machine's little speech. Then it happened again. The world was nothing but sound. This time it was even worse. It felt like the inside of her head was going to explode. Fucking idiots! "God damn it! Preternatural hearing here!" she screamed at the idiots as she started kicking away from the pile of goo that was around the naked woman that had been wrapped in Venom. And despite the noise Venom was managing to get itself back together around it's host.

"I can keep the freak busy while you fuckers mop the floor with the rest of them. Cut that damned noise before I rip you both out of those tin cans and feed you to her myself!" Victoria howled through the sonic barrage. She was trying her best to keep it inside. She had to keep it in or she would be just like the Hulk.

The Fall of Captain America

Captain America turned as he heard one of the thunderbolts yell something, and almost sighed as he felt Venom leap of him.

Then a blast hit his shield, getting his attention, and Cap turned in time to see Swordsman swing at him.

With expert precision and timing, Cap ducked from the blow and rolled, before kicking out at the Swordsman's legs, trying to trip him. Swordsman was too fast though, and jumped over, the kick, before retaliating with a kick of his own, followed by yet another swing of his sword.

By the smallest of chances Cap managed to get his shield up in time to block the blow, and quickly fiented with a kick before delivering a good solid Uppercut. Swordsman staggered backwards stunned, and as he regained his senses he realised that he may very well be fucked.

Captain America had taken to the air once more, this time streaming straight for the Swordsman.

Cap raised his head backwards as he approached , and just as he appeared in front, he swung his head forwards and down, his forehead impacting explosively with the swordsman's nose.

His face a mask of blood, Swordsman slumped to the ground.

Cap stood and quickly glanced around assessing the situation. Most were okay handling at the moment but he noticed that one of his assumptions was wrong.

Beetle was still active.

And he was heading straight for the techboy, who was stood with his abck to the threat sending waves of sound at the venom creature.

And as for the shadow girl...well she simply seemed frozen.

Cursing he hurled himself through the air at the Beetle, Colliding into him with an almighty crash, as they diverted and flew into a tree. Beetle went down hard, and Cap , began crashing his Shield down on the Armoured 'hero', until the armour actually began to show signs of the damage.

He paused for a second, knowing that his invulnerability could hold off most of the attacks.

But it seemed someone else had realised that too.

Suddenly a pellet landed beside Captain America and within seconds he was surrounded by a gas. Realising that the gas was somekind of sleeping agent he rose and attempted to escape, but it was too much, and he slumped to the floor unconscious.

Behind him stood the swordsman, a smile on his face, and his nose obviously broken.

'And thus falls the cheep knockoff.'

Grinning he turned with Beetle, his armour now quite badly damaged, rising behind him.

'Lets end this.'

Hornet watched in rapt amazement as the fight got underway, his focus mainly on the fight between the one called Captain America and the other known as Swordsman.

He had watched as the criminal had attempted to make a deal with the heroes, and had then attacked venom, yelling for the others to escape.

How honourable, realised Hornet, before quickly dismissing the traitorous though, they were criminals, and there was nothing honourable about them.

Though even as he thought, Hornet knew it was wrong.

Shadows danced as Alana grinned. So, they wanted to play? Fine she'd play too. She watched Cap fall and growled softly to herself. Oh no, that wasn't going to happen while she was around. Shadows covered the field quickly, the man sunk into it and so did the Hulk. They'd be safer where she sent them. She dashed across to where Iron Fist was fighting. "Hey cutie, sorry about the knock out, but I was kinda pissed." With that said she lashed out with her shadows at Moonstone.

Last edited:
The Smuggler. Fox in the Hen house.

She was almost there. Then she felt a familiar surge of power. Darkforce flooded the area, and the Smuggler couldn't help herself. She began to giggle. It wasn't a pleasant giggle either and it built up more and more getting louder and louder until the entire area could hear her.

"So I'm not alone! I can taste you girl, such a kindred soul. Join us, become one of us and we will make your every dream come true." Again she laughed, dark and full of evil promise. "I thank you for your gift dear, you've made my job easier."

She appeared out of no where next to Alana. "I can show you so many different ways to use this gift. Let me help you little "sister". Do you wish the other bitch dead? I can do that for you. Do you want the Iron Fist? He could be your pet."

The battle erupted around him, the heroes he was fighting alongside showing how green they were. They didn't fight like a team at all. Hell, Captain America didn't even try to give any direction or strategy, he just waded blindly in like everyone else.

Luke frowned as the shadow girl said something and darkness reared up to claw at Moonstone, "Anger isn't an excuse for attacking people, shadow chick. And I already knocked this one out, why don't you fight someone who's still a threat?" The fool. Not to mention how dishonorable and cowardly it was. "See if you can interfere with the Smuggler, she's got darkness powers too."

Looked like it would be up to him. Wish he knew some of their names. Man...he didn't want to be the leader. He wanted to be the brash fighter that the leader always reprimanded. "Can't always get what you want," he muttered.

Iron Fist leaped to the attack, Moonstone draped over his right shoulder. He landed in front of the prone Captain America, swinging Moonstone at Swordsman by the legs, using the unconscious woman like a three-section staff to create distance. The Beetle armor looked like it had actually been damaged. All right then. "Armor boys, focus fire on the Beetle!" He was whipping Sofen around his body almost as if he was doing a nunchuk display form. "Spider-babe, get that sweet ass in gear and web up some faces for us! Juggernaut, the sandstorm can't slow you down, just push through and pound Unicorn into the ground! Everyone stay the hell away from Venom and the feral girl!"

He looked at the Swordsman, "Which leaves you and me, Strucker. The best and the best." He flipped Moonstone off his shoulders, the blond tumbling down behind him. "She's a couple bra sizes up on your sister, isn't she? Guess you traded up, huh?" Swordsman's experience, skill, and discipline made him the most dangerous of the Thunderbolts still conscious. But, maybe, just maybe, Luke could use the man's rather well-known issues to make him blow it.

He slid into Ready in 8 Directions, a smile sliding over his face. This was going to be a fantastic fight.

"Which leaves you and me, Strucker. The best and the best." Iron Fist flipped Moonstone off his shoulders, the blond tumbling down behind him. "She's a couple bra sizes up on your sister, isn't she? Guess you traded up, huh?"

Andreas had a moment of absolute rage that he quickly stomped on. Years ago this would have made him attack in a rage but that was then. Now he watched as this young fool dishonored his wife one last time, his eyes going cold and dead. Killer's eyes. He ignored the pain of the broken nose even with the blood flowing from it. He wanted to play mind games and use Andreas' wife as a tool. Two could play that game. He reached up into the mantle of his cowl drawing a dagger holding it by the hilt. "Your intelligence is a bit out of date Iron Fist. My sister is dead for a second time thanks to unsanctioneds like you." He said.

It had been two years after he had agreed to be a Thunderbolt under the Registration act. His beloved Karla had made good on her deal to make sure the clone of his sister had been maintained and re-birthed under the new call sign of Demolisher. Then in action against an unsanctioned she'd died again.

Andreas remembered the pain he had endured having some of his own flesh grafted from his leg to line the inside of her gauntlets so they could maintain the facade of his sister being dead. Then that bastard Black Panther had killed her again. He had killed that one with a particular amount of enthusiasm.

It had taken Karla months to help him get over that incident. In those months she'd helped him get over it as well as to come to terms with his issues. It had also been when the two had fallen in love. He'd had no doubt she had originally done it to gain control over him but it had failed and she had genuinely fallen in love with him. It brought him more peace as he remember this. After that he had returned to duty with a single minded passion to make any who resisted the law face justice.

Now he was an almost different man than he had been so long ago. Karla had taught him to be able to detach himself from emotion in the field. Now this young fool would get to learn this. He held the dagger over his head. Iron fist wanted to push buttons? Two could play that way. " I wonder," he said with absolutely no emotion in his voice, "I have no doubt you might be able to stop this blade if I threw it and pierced the eye of your comrade laying on the ground writhing from your companions' idiocy. She seems to heal fast, but could she heal from this blade piercing her eye and entering her brain. Care to find out?"

With that he threw the blade, but as he did there was a concussive energy discharge that sent it like a missile towards Victoria who was still recovering from the sonic attacks that had harmed Venom. As he threw he drew another dagger from the mantle. "Don't worry I have more knives. We can do this all day."

Last edited:
chaos rolled his eyes as he landed. Then he dashed forward, moving at high speed along the ground using the thrusters on his feet. As he charged towards the one called Beetle, he saw the armored fist coming at him. Unfortunately for Beetle, the War Machine armor was one of the great technological marvels of the age. It was a simple matter to move to the side, and as he did so he brought up the flagpole, smashing it into the side of the armored villain's face. That was how chaos saw these fools. Villains, while the real heroes were the ones resisting. But that was far from his mind as he twirled the flagpole like a quarterstaff in a blur of motion. "Come on, you can't honestly expect to be a match for War Machine in that big bulky junkheap. The technology is so vastly inferior to the one I used when I built this that you might as well be wearing a suit made of tin cans."

He could see the anger in the soldier's eyes as he fought, and almost took a punch to the gut before jumping. He wasn't expecting the backfist on the way down. But he recovered quickly, landing on his feet instead of sliding across the ground. "Well, at least you can punch. Sure wish I had the big guns here with me." He turned slowly, and flexed his fingers inside the armor, then brought his hands up. As Beetle charged, a pulse blast lanced out from the gauntlets.

Spider-girl under her mask blushed lightly as she heard Ironfist hitting on her while telling her what to do. What the hell did he think he was the leader or something she thought. She really didn't know what to do it wasn't like she had fought other super powered beings yet. She felt a tingling sensation in her head and she realized that it was her spider-sense as she tagged it. She sensed venom behind her and dodged just in time. She realized she had to keep her distance just like Luke said so after rolling for a second on the ground jumped up in the air attached herself to a wall and shot a solid stream of webbing right in the eyes of venom while she tried to think of her next move. "What the hell are these guys?"

Last edited:

Iron Fist's hand lashed out as the dagger flew past, but not to catch it. Ready in 8 Directions was all about counterstriking any attack that came along the 8 direction. At others was one of them. His fist blazed with the dragon's chi, his blow catching the handle of the blade and shattering it. The impact threw the blade off course, sending it to thunk deep into a tree trunk. "Explanations later, Spidey, for now, just keep webbing and fighting."

Then his focus was back on Strucker. That had been close. Very close. The blast had given it such a speed boost that he'd almost missed. He didn't know if the feral girl could grow back brains or not. But if he let her get stabbed there, he knew any shot he had at that action was sooo gone. "The famous Strucker honor," he all but sneered. "You disappoint me, Swordsman."

He leaped forward with Tiger Pouncing Method, a fist lashing out at the wrist that held the dagger. That was a feint, the real blow a rising knee strike from beneath. Swordsman was able to avoid both, though he was also unable to release another deadly projectile. "Come on, bitey, get up and start moving. I don't know that I can play interference for much longer," he thought.

He shook his head, "Not going to get me with tricks, though I applaud the effort. You're not dealing with some kid who just got their powers or a second stringer coming off the bench after a few decades of retirement." Bite of the Dragon narrowly missed breaking Strucker's jaw, the gleaming sword batting aside Withering Paw Strike, "I've trained my entire life to fight in a thousand styles, and I earned my powers by beating an immortal dragon unconscious with my bare hands, tearing his chest open, and plunging them into the molten fury of his heart." Rat Bites the Ankle almost crushed his foe's right foot before the older man withdrew a few feet to establish distance, Iron Fist circling.

"Translation: I'm not the punk you usually fight, and if you keep treating me like it, you'll lose." Iron Fist grinned, "You probably will anyway, but I want this fight to be all that it can be. You are a master, after all."

Victoria Wilson.

The noise finally subsided. Venom had recovered before her and had a play after the new Spider chick but had only gotten a face full of webbing for it.

Sword dude had tried to use her as a hostage. The chaos of combat surged around her and the remaining pain combined with all of this tripped her trigger. She let out a bellow of rage, a pair of ivory things flew out of her mouth and a pair of silver fangs extended from her mouth. Victoria didn't notice any of this though. The world had become shades of red to her. There was nothing left of the woman, only the beast was there.

Venom was struck by the flying tackle felt the claws strike and then the fangs. The symbiote and the woman screamed than lashed back at her foe. Tendrils of black began to wrap around her as dark claws slashed back. There was no grace to it at all, no feints to gauge the opponent. It was pure animal fury. The two clashing with blood flying and darker things only to recover and heal themselves to clash again.

"I'm going to eat your guts!" Venom screamed as she lashed out again and again. Victoria raised herself off the ground each time with the wounds visiblly healing with nothing but a feral growl as she lunged back at Venom.

The Beetle.

He was taking a pummeling from this War Machine guy. He was also pissed as hell and it showed as he spoke into his comm. "Command, threat level Gamma. Repeat threat level Gamma, give me full systems unlock!"

The reply didn't come verbally. It came on his heads up display. Power surged through the armor and the red letters he had been hoping to see were flashing. Full weapons array online.

He didn't speak a word through his P.A., it was a tactic he enjoyed using. Never participate in banter. His reply to War Machine's bragging was extending the force wings out of the back of the armor on activating internal repair systems. The force wing nearly hit but War Machine dodged it. Lucky for him, if the solid sound wing had struck it would have been just like a laser scalpel.

He went airborne with a speed that made his bulk a lie. Looking at his heads up again and saw the system responding to the cybernetic commands. A portion of the shell at either shoulder opened up. Ride side was a rotary barrel shock cannon. Left side was a micro missle pod. He loosed a barage from the left towards War Machine as the right began tracking on the Redeemer tech of Raptor letting loose with the shock cannon.

Heads up was reading cold. He was just getting started in this fight.

The Unicorn.

He dodged and wove through the battle. He sent a kick at the back of the woman tearing at Venom and used the back hand he'd earned for it to roll into position and let fly with three bursts from the "horn".

The Spider Girl dodged each of them instinctively. But the third had almost scored on her before it hit and ricocheted to almost take Iron Fist's head off. Bastard was fast like a freak and if he managed to outlast Strucker the Unicorn knew it would fall onto him to take down Iron Fist. He knew it would be a kill order but he didn't want to. He was begining to respect this new Iron Fist.

"Translation: I'm not the punk you usually fight, and if you keep treating me like it, you'll lose." Iron Fist grinned, "You probably will anyway, but I want this fight to be all that it can be. You are a master, after all."

"Oh so full of pride and arrogance. Once I might have taken your bait or given you my own brand of arrogance." Andreas said as he took a low crouching stance with the dagger pointed at the dragon tattoo on his opponent's chest with the long sword scorpioned over his head. He advanced in an almost crab walk before he began a flurry of strikes. Each was parried or blocked. Good. The boy was good. As he continued with nothing but the swords at first he managed to catch the younger man just a touch off guard when in the middle of a complicated series of strikes he lashed out with a knee striking the younger man at the elbow.

The younger man almost fed Andreas his teeth for the effort but that was to be expected. The older man began a renewed series of strikes. Let this boy think this was all he was.

"I am glad we have had this chance to fight Iron Fist. It is a pleasure to battle someone who is probably my superior in close combat." He said with a laugh. "It's just a shame that this is more than single combat. Begin the Option team!"

With that he pointed both blades at the ground at Iron Fist's Feet and let loose with dual blasts, using the force of them to launch himself away form Iron Fist. Let the shock of the blasts cover him as he sprang towards the Spider Girl.

Spider-girl was about to swing down and help the guy that seemed to be barking out orders at everyone when she realized that the person that just shot blast at the man with the glowing fists feet was coming straight at her. She wasn't so sure how to react as she took a blow to the gut before getting out of the way. This hurt spider-girl severely bringing her to hunch over for a second to catch her breathe. Spider-girl sensed the danger but realized she needed to keep her distance and maybe use that blast to her advantage to maybe slow down venom first and then she could focus her energy on her. Spider-girl swung down towards the fight that was unfolding between the feral girl and venom trying to time everything just right and hoping for the love of god that the guy that shot blasts would shoot it at her right about now....

What Spidergirl didn't realise, was at that exact point, not only was Swordsman, coming towards her, but also a shot from Hornet, the 'hero' deciding to finally help the thunderbolts.

The shot was no more than a foot away from her back when a Shield spun into its path deflecting the hit, before swinging around and back to the figure, who had once again risen.

Captain America grunted as he caught his shield and began to think about the fight. He had woken only 2 minutes before hand, his increased physiology quickly overcoming the effects of the sleeping gas.

In his mind he quickly thought about the battle;

On his side were Iron Fist, Logan's kid?, Shadowgirl, and

Against them were Swordsman, Smuggler and Quicksand.

A plan quickly formed in his head. They were in favour as it was 8 against 6.

'Okay people change of plan, Tin Boy, use your sonic weapons and fight Venom.'

'War Machine, Unicorn used to fight Iron Man, and as you have similar armour i'm guessing you know how to take him down.'

'Spidergirl, I need you to take out Beetle, try and use your webbing against his sensors.'

'Juggernaught, continue as you are, keep Quicksand busy.'

Only two people had ever bested Strucker; Jack Flag and Steel Spider. He would probably be a team effort. Iron Fist was magic based, and this still left the smuggler and Hornet.

At that thought, he ducked, missing a shot from Hornet, and roled, before delivering a swift uppercut, sending Hornet to the floor.

Okay, make that Swordsman and Smuggler left.

'Iron Fist, go help Shadowgirl against the smuggler, he gets his power from his suit.'

'Claws your with me, we get to deal with Strucker.'

It was as he said this, and headed for the bladed superfoe, that he was once again thankful for having had the hindsight to commit to memory several bio's of those he would probably fight against after he turned 'rogue'. Thankfully, the Thunderbolts had being one such team.

chaos had barely avoided the sonic attack. It was a good thing he did, as he saw it slice right through a large section of one of the nearby buildings. Then he saw projectiles heading his way. Inside the suit, he smiled, and then tapped the helmet. "System Release, Full Authorization. Passcode Deverax Five." The armor started to darken in color, becoming the same color as the original War Machine as the armor condensed. Normally he didn't unlock the full armor. Tony would understand though. When he spoke, it was with the conviction that could only be that of a hero.

"This armor was originally invented to fight a god. I don't think it's quite that capable anymore, but I promise you. You just committed an unforgivable offense. You call us criminals, yet you willingly destroy property without regard for who might be inside the buildings you attack. YOU are the criminals. Psychopaths, villains. You are the enemy of the people, and I will make you pay."

With that, he seemed to blur. He was using the high energy thrust system that Tony Stark Senior had used when he fought the ancient entity that the armor was meant to combat. He didn't have the railgun at his disposal at the moment, of course, but with luck he wouldn't need any of the big guns. He slammed into Beetle hard and fast, carrying him along. He aimed for the river, and when he was there, he grabbed hold of the armor and started to pull pieces off. "Nice touch with the autorepair systems. But the War Machine is the ultimate weapon. And you're not smart enough to make use of your own armor." With that, he let Beetle drop into the river. The guy would probably survive. Hell, the guy would probably be out of the water and racing after him in a couple of minutes. Best not to stick around, he thought, as he streaked back towards Central Park.

He remembered what Captain America said, and nodded, landing in front of the one called Unicorn. He looked at the man calmly, and stretched slightly inside the suit. "Do we have to fight? Can you honestly say you and those you work with are doing the right thing? Think about how many injuries your agents caused. Injuries that were completely unnecessary. Bruce Banner was in the most control he's ever had until you guys attacked him and put his son in danger. Does that sound like what Heroes would do? Let's not forget the lessons we learned during the second World War, shall we?"

chaos was making full use of the sensor arrays built into the War Machine armor. He didn't want to get tackled from behind when Beetle came back out of the water. He lowered his stance, making sure Unicorn understood that he'd be willing to defend himself if necessary. "I don't want to fight any of you. But the actions you guys have taken are unforgivable, both as humans and as heroes. So what's it going to be?"

Last edited:
Moonstone.

Karla Soffen started coming to. She managed to remain in the crumpled heap Iron Fist had left her in. She could hear dear Andreas doing what he did best. That gave her a bit of warmth. She would never admit that her greatest failure was Andreas, because he had also been her greatest success. She loved him more than anyone in her entire life, Clint Barton included. He was the only reason she would ever go out in the field anymore. She could watch him for weeks and never grow tired of it. So strong. So confident.

"Back to reality Karla." she thought to herself. The battle wasn't as easy as she'd hoped it would be. She could hear Venom screaming almost incoherently in her battle with the feral woman who had gone quite berserk from the sounds of the growls and snarls. She would be the first dealt with once Karla's head was clear enough to rejoin the battle. Andreas was surprisingly not going to Venom's rescue. He was too professional to allow personal fears and concern to get in his way. Andi was holding her own against this thing that seemed to be a child of Sabretooth or Wolverine, she could keep holding on for a few more minutes, then Mother would make the feral suffer.

Her head was clearing more and more. She felt herself ready to join in and went intangible, sinking into the ground. Now it was time for that monster to be pried away from her daughter!

After turning off the sonic pulse beam that was mostly incapacitating Venom, Jason went a bit higher into the air. Below, Iron Fist called something out, but for some reason, he couldn't hear a word.

Like I need him engaging against another Beetle the self-aware Fixer program thought as it cut out and restored audio feed, Kung fu Bruce down there doesn't know everything, and there's a better use for this armor.

Jason engaged the full sensor array, scanning communications bands and activating radar to determine if any more help was on the way and to track the participants of the battle below.

Then he saw her disengage. Moonstone, the millstone around his mother's neck. A monster in human form. He couldn't get a good fix on her, but his sensors could detect an anomalous, vaguely human-shaped force heading towards Venom and the clawed woman. His wings unfurled as he lowered himself, hard sound constructs projecting from each hand and scooping out a chunk of dirt and rock, digging Dr. Soffen's intangible form out with it and sealing the entire thing in a shell of hard sound.

Moonstone.

She had been almost there when the ground around her began to shudder and lift. She kept going but hit a solid wall. A familiar kind of solid wall. "If it's not her it's close enough" she thought to herself as the ground she had been phasing through crumbled and fell to the bottom on the shell. And there he was, a cross section of two of the people she hated the most in the world. "So, who are you?" she asked the armored individual. "Tell me you're not the spawn of those two idiots."

As she said this she began to increase the gravity on the shell dragging the young man towards the ground. "Did Mommy and Daddy send you to try to do the job they failed at so often? That can't be it though, can it? He doesn't have the balls and she's too incompetent to come up with this kind of thing. So who put you up to this little man?"

She began to increase the gravity even more.

Jason doesn't hear a word, courtesy of Fixer.

No distractions right now. Especially from that woman. Once she gets her hooks in someone's head, that's it. And he's my pawn.

He focuses instead on strengthening the shell, closing it in as it gets closer to the ground, fitting it around her body and sealing it tighter than ever, blocking even molecular air from entering. He can feel her heartbeat pulsing against the wall around her, waiting for it to fall into an unconcious rythem.

Back