Love, war, and a fistful of dollars (Closed for Veroe)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
tumblr_obqbux90t31skqjozo1_400.jpg

Lorenza "Lore" Caprice
__e2a053d512e5b1fe2c27779406bed3af.jpeg

Italian father... Thai mother... World traveler fluent in 18 different languages proficient in another 6 languages. Her parents have little clue of what she does or little desire to admit that their daughter is a highly sought after mercenary. Never without at least 2 knives pair of Nighthawk Ladyhawks modified by her. And an arsenal of other in the moment weapons hidden in well concealed pockets in her clothes.

HeineLadyHawk-7.jpg

For the most part she was a "lone Wolf" but there were a few she would team up with from time to time. There were a couple of "facilitators" she would take jobs from as well... If the money was right and there was at least a semi Noble reason to kill. So many thought she had no heart. Simply logic and some semblance of a conscience in a hardened killer. There was someone who knew better and knew better than to demand themselves over her work. She would never demand herself before their work either... They knew the other one was out there somewhere with their heart and perhaps that's all that mattered... Maybe?
tumblr_p38kbtFwTL1s8m4j4o1_400.jpg

She was originally on the fast track to profiler/advanced psychological agent only to become disillusioned with the agency and took her knowledge reflexes and precision and became her own agent. Taking jobs that the agencies could no longer officially touch. Killing and being damn good at it was a byproduct of her unique abilities and there had damn well better be a good reason she is sent to kill or whoever sent her would live to regret it. She kept an ancient shack of a home in Thailand. The nearby villagers guarding the shack on the jungle side and the river being the only real way in or out of the region. A couple of safe houses scattered around in case of emergency all over the world and the "proper" apartment her parents know of not that anyone knows who they are not even her facilitators in the various world governing agencies.

-----------------------------

Lorenza had made her way back to Thailand to recooperate and recover a little. She knew it wouldn't last Lane would show up with another crisis that no sane world government wanted to touch with a stolen 30 ft pole... Officially. That is where people like her came in. Plausable deniability... Ghosts with no known country of origin... They simply don't exist. This village was her mother's homeland and they were more than willing to hide and protect her whenever she was home.

431cf4a9c900d9b551b9eeb78db0b20c.jpg

The river on one side and the jungle and the village on the other her home here was well protected. Some would wonder why she wanted to live in the middle of no where in all this heat bugs and wild animals but to her it's paradise. Few people ever dared to come out here looking for her. Shane and his crew and Lane one of her facilitators was it but even Lane was careful about visiting here.

She knew she's over due for a visit from him and she was right. The afternoon that started her second week she was napping in the hammock when a couple of the locals paddled a little boat over to her house. She heard them but ignored it as sometimes they would bring food to make sure she ate. As the old man and his grandson climbed out of the little boat onto the porch of her hut and moved inside. They were there to tell her someone was looking for her. As one eye cracked open with a snarl hearing them fully in the house the old man took an instinctual step back but the little boy stood his ground.

That strange man here to see you... asking around village. Pale man like man in movies you show us. His clothes looks like suit... but eyes like soldier. He ask where to find you but we not tell him we say we ask you if you want to be found.

Hearing the kid she calmed some and looked at the grandfather.

Let me guess the suit is Lane isn't it?

The old man nodded.

He bring chocolate for everyone and medicines. Must need big favor of our warrior daughter.

She smirked and nodded.

Tell him to bunk down in the tribal meeting hall and I will speak with him tomorrow morning.

She chuckled knowing it would annoy him to wait but he would not leave. The old man shook his head with a smile.

We will tell him.

The next morning she walked into the meeting hall watching him try to explain he was full to the elderly women who keep bringing food to him as a guest.

Lorenza... he called which seemed to back them all off as she nodded to them.

What is it this time Lane? Borneo... Congo... China?

Lane nodded.

Borneo... The area appears to be crawling with a new faction in the mountains near the floodplains to the north. You have been to the area before that's why I came to you. We need to know what's going on...

I was about to say the agency had an agreement with the regional "general".

She sighed.

Yeah we did but he has been unreachable by anyone so I am sending you in to gather Intel L orenza.

Nodding she passed along her usual instructionsto the village collected her gear and took off with Lane.

Once on the plane he passed along the sat photos and files they had giving her the usual speech and they were set to parachute her into the jungle at night. Lane wished he could get het to build a team but he also could not argue with her results.

She was supposed to radio in 4 days in with an Intel report but she was not able to. Clearly whoever was controlling the general now as a mouthpiece had the natives fearful enough to hand her over to them. She woke to rifles in her face and guilty looking villagers huddled barely able to look at her as she was dragged away.

Who dared send a woman after ME!

The clearly European head of the operation. She knew the voice as she sat there. Watching Erico walk around from behind her to his desk.

No idea what you are talking about. I am just here on a hunting trip.

That drew a strong backhand from the guard facing her by the desk. Erico was not pleased with her answer he knew he had the right person after all one of his benefactors had sent the file on this woman.

Santos perhaps your brother can acquire answers from her... take her to him and tell him that she will remain alive or he will die next.

Santos nodded and dragged her deeper into the compound while Erico placed a call.

We have her but She will live till I decide otherwise no one else.

Last edited:
tumblr_p0bqkaVPOP1wgnc0io1_540.jpg

IC: Shane Ericson

Shane had grown up a boy scout. At eighteen he'd entered the army. At twenty-one he'd earned three medals for valor in the face of the enemy, and then he'd been unceremoniously drummed out of the service. But for men like him...he'd found another way to serve his country.

Mercenary? What a joke. More like the CIA's garbage man. Sure technically it was all shadowy private clients hiring his team to go to some shit-hole powder keg of a country and kill this fascist dictator or arms dealer or terrorist mother fucker, but those private clients were all fronts for the CIA. His team gave the administration wonderful deniability...which meant when the went out on their missions and if they got in a jam they'd be without any cavalry from uncle sam...in fact the CIA used them solely because they were entirely expendable to them.

He was stateside now, between missions, when he got the call. He knew the other person on the other end of the line even though it was a number that was somehow blocked.

He stepped out of the boathouse where the seaplane they used to get around engine's were getting a much needed overhaul. He sat on a brick wall overlooking the harbor and the city skyline beyond.

After the call ended he lowered his phone and sat and thought for a good long time. The other members of the team had been paying attention and after a few minutes stepped out of the building to face him.

He lifted his eyes to look at his teammates. They were some of the most hardened and skilled mercs in the world. Shane had walked straight through hell with all of these people. Fought back to back with them. Trusted his life as they trusted him with theirs. They were all here...save one person.

"Lore's in trouble." He told them. "Apparently she was on a mission solo and hasn't been heard from in too long. The client wants us to find her and pull her out or clean up the mess."

tumblr_p56usxZsP81s8m4j4o1_400.png

Jamison was their battle trained medic and sniper.

Where did the little hellcat go this time? And who the hell could get the drop on her?

He always suspected that Shane and Lore were closer than they let on if anyone ever could get close to her. He had been part of the British spec forces and now he served with these guys in a far better unit than he would have expected. Lore didn't scare him or Shane but she did unnerve the other two or so he thought. She did seem to garner a healthy respect from every ally that crossed her path and those villagers would kill for her without batting an eye there in Thailand.

Their pilot an older soldier who had brought them together. He had served all over the globe and now he took care of those cast aside like he was long ago. He and the medic had been removed from service from their respective countries due to anger issues that spilled over into more than one moronic CO getting their backside handed to them. He knew Lore and her type of warrior well. Cold hearted ruthless killer exterior but there was a moral code to her that few facilitators were willing to acquiesce to at all. So when he heard Shane and Jamison he looked up from his knife and asked only one question.

Who sent her?

Last edited:

"Lore's in trouble." He told them. "Apparently she was on a mission solo and hasn't been heard from in too long. The client wants us to find her and pull her out or clean up the mess."

"Where did the little hellcat go this time," Jamison, the team's medic, smirked, "And who the hell could get the drop on her?"

"According to the client," He told him, and they all knew who the client was or the government agency their client worked for, "She was hired to do some reconnaissance in Myanmar but has not checked in and is overdue for that by four days. And no one knows who took her out. She wants us to find that out."

"Who sent her," Their pilot asked.

Shane got up from the wall and shook his head, "She didn't say...but when do we ever get told what we need to know from our clients?"

Alberto, their demolitions expert, and one of the team members that was closest to Lore while she'd been on the team, crossed his arms, "We going to get her?"

Shane looked over to him, "She's no longer part of the team."

Alberto lifted his arm and pointed behind him to his shoulder blade, "One of the stars on the tattoo on all are backs is still for her, isn't it?"

Shane nodded. All the team members when they joined got a tattoo of a circle of stars on their backs. One for each member in the team. It was a reminder that when out in the field the only ones who'd have their backs was their fellow teammates.

"I haven't decided whether to take the job or not," He told them all, "I need to talk to Pops first."

The old pilot looked over.

She was a lone wolf when pop brought her in we all knew that and agreed to it. She has been in this game as a lone wolf for a long time but you know what Pop will say just like Berto here said. You say she... The...

The old man sank into thought. Lore seldom took solo jobs for anyone but Lane so something must be up if a female handler had power to direct her.

Shane think long and hard about not helping one of our own.

---------------
She sat back smiling. The only approved assignment was in Borneo but they were all going to be in Myanmar so problem there for Lane and his little groups and it would be that psych bitch and Lane's fault.

-----------
Lore woke up what felt like days later she took in her surroundings still appearing to be out cold for now. The scent was different... She wasn't in the same place... was she even in the same country? Her eyes cracking open a little and she could see there was blood on her clothes. Was it hers or someone else's?

She is awake... go get the Commandant.

Her head was lifted up rough as she was staring at a soldier uniform was very different from those that originally grabbed her.

They will make example of you against CIA man trying to fix world. World will see we don't need them. Pretty American will be first lesson for them.

She just stared at him slowly lifting her head further before slamming her forehead into the guys face.

Too bad for you... I don't exist.

She growled through Sahara desert dry mouth and throat. Watching the blood pour from his nose as she finally registered she was hanging from her arms as the butt of a rifle hit her lower back and side.

Ahh my dear but to some you do and well those are the people we are dealing with.

Erico smirked walking to her line of sight.

Pity you survived The Balkans

She snarled.

That mistake will not be made again.

They had been in Yangon Myanmar for sixteen hours, and after reaching out to Agency contacts and colleagues of their own within the country they all agreed Lore had not been seen in Burma at all.

At the pier where their seaplane was docked Shane was beside himself. He hated being played, and most of all he hated being played when the life of someone he-someone on the team was in the firing line. He paced back and forth as the other members watched him.

Finally the sat-phone rang and he jumped to answer it. It was Pop on the other end. "What did you find out?"

The answer did not quell his anxiety. He nodded after a few minutes. Turning the phone off he looked at the other members of the team. "Pop put out some feelers...he said that Lore has been deployed somewhere, but hasn't found out where, but she hasn't checked in, and the person that sent us here wanted us out of the way for it."

Jamison snarled slightly. His accent thickening with his anger.

Who the hell would want us out of the way? Not even Lore would do that to us... again... we found her then we will find her now... even if I have to operate on every handler we know... The hard way by breaking them first!

The pilot put a hand on his shoulder to try to rein him in. Jamison growled but nodded understanding why he did it. The pilot looked to Shane.

Call Lane... something is up.
----------
Lane hung up the phone with pop...

What did you find Lore... That would make someone cause a wild goose chase?

part of him wanted to call the kid... Shane but knowing that crew he would be the last person who they would want to talk to. Maybe he should have sent them too when he sent her but it was just recon it was supposed to be Intel only... Yeah if there was an issue she would have gone "ofc the res" to take it on herself.

Damn it Lore!

The answer did not quell his anxiety. He nodded after a few minutes. Turning the phone off he looked at the other members of the team. "Pop put out some feelers...he said that Lore has been deployed somewhere, but hasn't found out where, but she hasn't checked in, and the person that sent us here wanted us out of the way for it."

"Who the hell would want us out of the way? Not even Lore would do that to us... again..." Jamison swore viciously, We found her then we will find her now... even if I have to operate on every handler we know... The hard way by breaking them first!"

"Calm down, we need to think this through." Shane shook his head to him. Jamison had gotten along well with Lore, more than the others. "Somebody's playing us, and using Lore as his bait." His voice roughened into a growl similar to Jamison at the last, "But we gotta be smart about it. So we find her and kill anyone who gets in our way to her and give this asshole pulling strings in the shadows the worst day he's ever had in his life."

Their pilot placed a hand on Jamison's shoulder.

That was all that was needed before the emotional man growled one more time then nodded to them.

The pilot asked, "Call Lane...something is up."

Shane nodded lifting the sat-phone, "Already on it."

He dialed the contact number waiting for their so-called 'handler' to pick up the damn phone and tell them what the fuck was going on.

Lane was reaching for the phone to call Shane when the number for the team called him.

Shane... just got off the phone with pop. I sent Lore to Borneo. Intel assignment but if she found something she felt she could fix we both know her well she would go off res and fix it. Not sure why you all were sent out there or by who. I know you all have a couple of others you are listed to be contacted by so will see what I can find out but in the meantime... hang there let's play their game... today... I will contact you as soon as I learn anything

tumblr_pdoa62qiiQ1w60483o1_400.png

Their pilot Scott stood and began walking motioning to Shane. Of all the people to spy where they were sent, Santos... He was never far from Erico and if Santos survived the Balkans Erico could have too. Scott moved to get an earshot unseen. Jamison raised a brow not recognizing who Scott was pointing out as he looked to Shane to see his reaction. Scott whispered into the comm.

Shouldn't this son of a bitch and his boss be dead? Wonder if this is what Lore found? Flank lets see if we can pick up on anything he is saying on the phone.

Last edited:

He dialed the contact number waiting for their so-called 'handler' to pick up the damn phone and tell them what the fuck was going on.

"Shane... just got off the phone with pop." Lane replied, "I sent Lore to Borneo."

"Was it a hit," He asked him, "Did you send her out to take some mother fucker out without any backup or extraction?"

Lane's denial came quickly, "Intel assignment, but if she found something she felt she could fix we both know her well enough. She would go off res and fix it."

"Do you know what happened to make things go fubar on her," He growled, "Or why some dumbshit sent out to Myanmar?"

"Not sure why you all were sent out there or by who." He replied, "I know you all have a couple of others you are listed to be contacted by so will see what I can find out."

"You're not exactly giving me a shit load of confidence in you here, Lane," His fingers had tightened over the phone and his voice thickened with impending violence, "We've got our asses stuck out here in a war-torn shithole and you don't know who's fucking around with us or where the fuck is Lore or who the fuck is trying shit in your bed leaving us to clean up the mess while you sit in air-conditioned office in Langley. What do you expect us to do here with so little intel?"

"But in the meantime... hang there let's play their game..." Lane responded as if not even noticing how pissed off Shane was at him. Typical Agency weenie; always maintain control over yourself and your assets. "Today... I will contact you as soon as I learn anything."

"Thanks for nothing, Lane," He hung up the sat phone before looking up to see their pilot walking motion at them.

He looked down the pier to see a dead man walking. Santos? How the fuck was that shitwad even still alive after what they did to him and Erico in Albania.

If he was here, there was even money on Erico being in town as well, and what were the odds that those two were in the same country they were in when Lore didn't check in.

A series of hand signals to the other guys told them they should follow Santos without being seen. He began casually walking down the pier reaching out behind him to feel the comforting presence of the loaded Colt 45 1911 millitary issue. It was his grandfather's gun, and he'd carried on the beaches of Normandy and had made it a family heirloom passed on to Shane's dad and then handed to him.

The old gun had never failed him since then. He never went anywhere without it as at least his back up firearm.

Scott listened carefully sitting with his back to the man as he walked past him.

Yes sir you know my brother will be hard pressed not to kill it is what he does quite well, but have faith he will not kill without your approval. I do not however believe that she told you everything about the reason this person was a target. Clearly even she would have broken by now if the intel was correct. No sir I do not question you but I do question our benefactors motives. Yes I will return immediately. Just finishing checking the docks.

Scott bit into a local fruit to stifle a growl before standing and walking away with one statement whispered into the comm.

We follow him. Erico and Santos brother are apparently here too

Last edited:

Shane followed after him keeping at a distance and acting casual, even being distracted by the stalls selling fruit and overpriced knick-knacks. He knew his team shadowed Santos and would not lose him, but he was the one he'd most likely recognize. one tended to remember the face of the guy that beat you to the point of dying.

Santos seemed to have more lives than a cat. Even before Serbia where Shane had introduced him to his own mortality he'd heard the man had narrowly escaped either being executed or blown up or shot in a variety of shithole armpits of countries around the world. Shane looked forward to finally his lucky streak this time-after he led him to the brothers of course.

He followed after Santos as if he just happened to be heading in the same direction Santos was.

He held up a dragonfruit as if he was considering purchasing it when Santos made him and bolted. He chased after him, but not too hard. His team had him encircled.

Last edited:
Scott their pilot smirked when Shane got made it means the sSOB didn't see or didn't recognize him as he casually stepped into Santos fleeing path knocking the man down.

Long time no see asswipe. Thought you died in the Balkens with you boss man. A problem we will have to rectify. Now. What the hell are you doing here and where is she?

Jamison walked over grinning as he stared down at the man

Laddy I would suggest you stay down and answer the man's questions truthfully I don't think he is really in the mood to have to beat it out of you here in front of all these nice people.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Hissed Santos

He held up a dragonfruit as if he was considering purchasing it when Santos made him and bolted. He chased after him, but not too hard. His team had him encircled.

Scott was there in his path in a flash knocking Santos to the ground.

"Long time no see asswipe. Thought you died in the Balkens with you boss man," He laughed at him, "A problem we will have to rectify. Now. What the hell are you doing here and where is she?"

"Fuckin' Shit," Santos said making to rise back up to his feet. "You-"

Shane grabbed his shoulder and shoved him back down to the ground, "Sit down. You aren't going anywhere until you start talking."

Jamison came over glaring down at Santos, "Laddy I would suggest you stay down and answer the man's questions truthfully I don't think he is really in the mood to have to beat it out of you here in front of all these nice people."

"I don't know what you are talking about." Hissed Santos.

Shane bent down pulling out his knife. Grabbing Santos by the hair and bringing the edge of the knife to his cheek, "That's funny, Santos, Mr. Bowie here doesn't seem to believe you....maybe you should try to convince him you're telling the truth." He applied a small amount of pressure and carved a scratch along his cheek. "Tell us where Lore is."

We haven't seen that bitch since the Balkens. Apparently you have or has she wised up and dumped the whole good soldier garbage for real work. Maybe I should look for her too. Clearly she isn't with you any more kid.

He laughed Santos had plans about her and perhaps ideas about her being with him but still for now he had to follow bosses orders.

My brother and I just travel around now no ties to anyone or anything.

Scott put a hand on Shane's shoulder.

Cut him loose. He and his brother always were too stupid to lie.

Jamison winked to him signaling that Scott had a plan. Scott always kept tracking devices ready and one was ready for Santos.

Last edited:
IC: Shane Ericsson

Shane bent down pulling out his knife. Grabbing Santos by the hair and bringing the edge of the knife to his cheek, "That's funny, Santos, Mr. Bowie here doesn't seem to believe you....maybe you should try to convince him you're telling the truth." He applied a small amount of pressure and carved a scratch along his cheek. "Tell us where Lore is."

"We haven't seen that bitch since the Balkens." He snorted disgustingly, "Apparently you have or has she wised up and dumped the whole good soldier garbage for real work."

Mr. Bowie traced another cut along his other cheek, "You better get more convincing than that. Where is Lore?"

"Maybe I should look for her too. Clearly she isn't with you any more kid." He laughed.

Shane pressed, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"My brother and I just travel around now no ties to anyone or anything." He sneered.

"You tell me what I want to know," Shane snarled, "I swear you'll die slow and screaming to your bitch of a mo-"

Scott's hand on his shoulder stopped him in mid-sentence. "Cut him loose. He and his brother always were too stupid to lie."

He nodded. The tracker they'd slipped on this miserable little shit would lead them straight to Lore. "Fine."

He got and kicked Santos in the ribs. "Get out of my sight dipshit."

When Santos scrabbled away. He turned to Scott saying, "Give him a minute then we'll follow him straight to his brother and Lore."

Scott kept silent at the possibility of Lore being with Santos's brother. After all the duo were specialists in their chosen talents. Santos in strength stealth and marksmanship and his brother in interrogation techniques and flat out torture. That was a dog that needed to be out down permanently and if he had hurt their teammate Lore he would not hesitate to let Shane rip the sob apart with his bare hands if he was so inclined.

He motioned for them to walk for a moment in the opposite direction then turning down another line of thatch but shops and open-air stands Scott smirked the hunt was on.

Lore opened her eyes and tried to look around. Not really able to move much she had her suspicions of what was happening.

Why pretty lady have to be such good soldier. More money on our side of the line.

She heard the voice then felt the electricity growling out what little sound she could.

IC: Shane Ericsson

When Santos scrabbled away. He turned to Scott saying, "Give him a minute then we'll follow him straight to his brother and Lore."

Shane waited a good long moment trying not to worry over what two sadistic mother fuckers like Santos and his brother were doing to Lore if they did indeed have her. Especially since both had reason to feel they had a score to settle with her. He tried to remind himself that the Santos' brothers were basically Larry and Curly of the Three stooges of mercs. The Mo was whoever they were working for and if he caught Lore. He was certainly smart enough not to kill a valuable assett over something as frivolous as a grudge against her.

He was trying to convince himself of that.

After he gave Curly enough time he started heading in the direction Scott indicated as they followed the tracker they snuck onto Santos to his brother and Lore...hopefully.

Jamison knew his job once they followed the minion Santos back to his bosses little compound... find Lore... kill anything that got in his way... if he could not just incapacitate it or manipulate its path to the rest of the team.

Scott would keep Shane focused and Berto would blast this place to kingdom come. Back the the plane and back to base making sure Lore was with them so pop could have a talk with her. The big man refused to hold any thought of her being dead. He knew his sister in arms well enough to know she was too mean to kill just by shooting her. So off the down the corridor he went hunting long black hair and black facial hair helped mask him in the poorly lit run down side of the bunker he chose to investigate first while the others went down the other hall.
_________

Zain left the room where his assignment was unconscious. Even half dead she was antagonizing and stubborn and violent for what little she could do. 24 hour break so he didn't accidentally kill her should do the trick.

Rounding the corner he saw someone that was not one of their people. Shit... had someone found them or had Erico hired more muscle and not told them?

After he gave Curly enough time he started heading in the direction Scott indicated as they followed the tracker they snuck onto Santos to his brother and Lore...hopefully.

They casually followed down the street stopping to look at street vendor's wares. They followed the tracker's signal through the twisted streets to a row of canneries and warehouses just a block or tow off the street market. They stopped at what looked like a rundown warehouse at the end of the street.

He watched it for a long time observing if anyone entered or left before he nodded to the other guys. "Circle around back and see if they have any exits back there. Keep your head on a swivel. Santos is dumb as a brick, but anyone who gets the drop on Lore's smart enough to set up an ambush."

"I'll look up top." He told them stealthily crossing over to the warehouse next door to the one Santos' tracker indicated he was in, and the one they hopefully were keeping Lore prisoner inside. He managed to slip into the little alley without being seen and climbed up a fire escape to the roof of that building. Santos's warehouse didn't have windows at ground level but had some high up and from the roof next door he was able to peer through them so scout out some of the interior. Fortunately, trying to maintain the appearance of a rundown warehouse meant they couldn't post guards in places to spot him spying on them.

He lifted the radio to talk to the others, "I have eyes on Santos...I count four more just inside the door...Carrying what looks like submachine guns and handguns...One has an AK...It's filled with cluttered boxes...plenty of cover for them...plenty of places for surprises for us if we try the front door. I don't see Lore at all."

He shifted pulling out his Colt 45. "Sitrep Scott? What do you see back there? Is there a rear entrance?"

Yeah and our dear medic just barreled down a hall and... what have we here... second building is connected to yours and I see Zain. Meet up main level hall between buildings.

Scott smirked as he spoke.

We I'll pincer him in. And see what we can find while The big man looks for Lore.

Scott and Berto slowly followed Zain curious as to where he is headed.

He shifted pulling out his Colt 45. "Sitrep Scott? What do you see back there? Is there a rear entrance?"

"Yeah and our dear medic just barreled down a hall and... what have we here..." Came Scott's reply and then nothing.

Had they been made? Was their recon of the building's perimeter busted?

"Scott," He repeated hoping his friend was okay.

"Second building is connected to yours and I see Zain." He heard Scott with a sigh of relief. "Meet up main level hall between buildings."

"Zain," He repeated, "Save it until I get down there."

Zain was near the top of the list Shane needed killing. He'd be doing the world a favor putting a bullet in that butcher's head.

"I'll pincer him in." Scott continued, "And see what we can find while The big man looks for Lore."

"On my way." He got and made his way back down off the roof of the building heading towards where Scott was.

Scott followed quietly behind Zain with simple radio tap code directions as needed to Shane. Berto travelled with Scott and laid explosives around the shadowed interior and exterior as they went with every intention of making this explosion able to be seen from space if he could.

Jamison stalked the halls till he found a door locked tight and with no one inside but someone hanging by their arms from the rafters be busted the door down. Moving over careful he studied the room for cameras outside of the one one the tripod and saw that luckily it did not have any wireless feed. Content his getting near the person hanging there would not be detected he walked over and turned the body to see who it was.

Oh Jeez...

He looked at Loren's face and eyes and move to cradle her and gently cut her loose. She was like a ragdoll in the big man's arms. He had never seen her that frail or weak since he had known her. Quickly examining her he bandaged her up and gave her a painkiller shot just to be safe and picked her up carefully.

Sorry lass but Berto is a little bomb crazy seeing Santos here so we are gonna hurry. Hope ya can hear me but let's go find the team.

Running as he carried her he followed any sound he heard and found them in time to see Scott barricading any escape for Zain. Falling quiet he observed as he caught his bearings for a way out for all of them.

Jamison roared out in the corridor when everyone was together surrounding Zain.

I found her... I vote... END HIM SHANE! _______ What say you Berto?

Berto looked over seeing a lifeless body in Jamisons arms and roared out.

END HIM! _______ What say you Scott?

Scott looking over seeing no movement possibly not even breathing from Lore and whipped his head back around with the final order.

END HIM SHANE NOW!

"On my way." He got and made his way back down off the roof of the building heading towards where Scott was.

He crossed the roof of the building and glancing through one of the dusty skylights he saw a truck down below inside with Santos and Erico inside as someone else was walking towards it making his way to climb onto the back. There were at least three mercs carrying AK-47s.

"Shit they're rabbiting," He called into the radio between him and Scott, "Do you have Lore?"

"We have her," Came the reply, "Shit, Zain did a real number on her."

Hearing that made a cold hard stone form in the bottom of his heart and his finger itched to pull the trigger on the Colt 45 in his hand more than ever, "I have eyes on Zain."

Scott's response came in carrying the same rage over the radio, "END HIM SHANE NOW!"

"Copy that," He said raising his little pistol to aim at the man climbing onto the bed of that truck. He wished he had a more appropriate weapon right now. The others let their worry for for Lore to move them before they did a good reconnaisance of the building and made an effective plan. Consequently here he was on the roof of the other building facing six heavily mercs with only a handgun in a situation where a sniper rifle would be more optimal.

Still though he wasn't one to miss taking a shot at a fucking bastard that severely needed a bullethole put in his head. The range was long for his colt, and he didn't like that, but he didn't have time to fetch a rifle.

He raised his pistol and took careful aim for the sniper's triangle between Zain's eyes. This fucker hurt Lore, and now he thought he could just walk out without paying for that. Guess again mother fucker.

He pulled the trigger and swore when Zain clutched the shoulder his bullet had just slammed into. The three guys with AKs spun around aiming for the skylight and Shane had to dodge the side before the skylight shattered from a hail of assault rifle fire. The truck's engine started.

"Hit Zain's shoulder," He told Scott, "I'm pinned down on the roof. They're going to get away."

Her voice was weak but lethal.

No they won't. Put me down you overgrown gorilla.

Against his better judgement Jamison set her down as she hobbled and wove her way past them outside. Staring at the truck her two 40 cal ladyhawks in hand even shaky their damage would still finish the job.

Zain... see you in hell.

With that she pulled the trigger the hole that seemed to appear before her only fueled two more wild shot slamming into two snipers. Scott quickly took out the snipers with Bertos help while Jamison made sure Zain was dead. He was. Those two 40 cal of hers were lethal as always. He noted movement and turned sharp to see her collapse to the ground out cold.

The truck roared back in reverse and was gone

Santos and one unknown escaped.

Scott saw the big man kneeling over Lore as he radioed Shane.

And Lore is down.

Berto piped up.

Found a truck let's Go

Last edited:
Back