Looking for a Latin translator

SexyVita

A Wanton of Words
I am looking for someone that knows Latin well and can validate or improve a machine translation.

The English phrase I am trying to translate is "Don't yuck my yum."

So far, with a bit of patience using Goo Gal to translate for me, the best I have come up with is, "Noli exprimere fastidium cum quod amo". This translates to and from the English phrase "Do not express disgust with what I love" according to Goo Gal. The English seems to have the right idea and tenses. Some of the versions I tried came back on reverse with either first or second person in both halves, so this version at least seems like what I want. However, I have no idea if this is proper Latin construction or if there is a better way to say the same thing. Since I want to make a motto out of the result, something with fewer syllables would be great "exprimere" and "fastidium" are a bit cumbersome. Something with a rhyme to it would be icing on the cake, but I'm not expecting miracles.

So another possible candidate for this translation is "Ne despicias gustibus meum" which I based on the Spanish phrase "No desprecies mis gustos." This translates in English to "Don't despise my tastes." I had to tinker with the translation to get "tastes" (gustibus) instead of "taste" (gustum). The main thing I don't like about this version in the lack of the verbal component. I don't care if someone is not into, or even hates, the things I'm into as long as they don't voice that to me and imply that I'm disgusting for liking them.

Back