I'm looking for a translator

EverydayMagic

Imagineer
I'm writing a story that takes place in southern England in 1944 and the next to last chapter requires a few lines in German. I would like to find someone who speaks (write, actually) German like a native to translate a few sentences into German. The translations do not have to be exact. I would prefer the idea to sound like a native German would say it and not sound like a translation from English. I've tried contacting German editors in the editors section, but have yet to receive a reply. Any suggestions?

Im native german and fluent in speaking/writing. I can help out

I'm writing a story that takes place in southern England in 1944 and the next to last chapter requires a few lines in German. I would like to find someone who speaks (write, actually) German like a native to translate a few sentences into German. The translations do not have to be exact. I would prefer the idea to sound like a native German would say it and not sound like a translation from English. I've tried contacting German editors in the editors section, but have yet to receive a reply. Any suggestions?

If @Roce does, that's fine 🥰 if not, you could ask @kimber -- https://german.literotica.com/editors/editor/kimber22. She usually doesn't read these things but if it's just about a few phrases, I'm sure you can send her a message. ;)
(There's of course the additional question whether you wanna sound like a native Northen German (like from Berlin or Dresden) or like a Southern German/Austrian (like from Munich / Salzburg / Vienna.... ;p) There's probably the same differences like between British English and US English, or Scottish or Welsh.. :giggle:

Well, seems like you've got yourself some volunteers. Of course, if it's only a few sentences, you can always post them right here in the german section. Some english writers do just that, and there are normally a couple of people willing to help out. The advantage is, you'll probably get several propositions to choose from. Or, as Kendra already mentioned, you'll get to choose from a wide variety of dialects 😁

Well, seems like you've got yourself some volunteers. Of course, if it's only a few sentences, you can always post them right here in the german section. Some english writers do just that, and there are normally a couple of people willing to help out. The advantage is, you'll probably get several propositions to choose from. Or, as Kendra already mentioned, you'll get to choose from a wide variety of dialects 😁
I've contacted a couple of replies and I'm waiting to hear back, but your suggestion is a good one. Let me give the folks I've contacted a chance first. Thank you Danke?

Back