Lonesome

Missk_2022

Virgin
I read a post on here, it was sort of a old one I want to say 2017 was the original. It talked about loneliness and this person said that they never really been lonely and they it was a foreign concept. I'm paraphrasing of course but to me loneliness is real I live in a small little village all by myself. I have lovely Neighbors, but I have never been more lonely in my life. It's more than being alone. Being alone means there's no one around you but truly being lonesome it could be a little soul crushing. It's really hard when no one calls you, you're always doing the one calling. Unless, they want to tell you about problems, or they're frustrations or they're terrible life. I frequently feel like a third wheel. I don't have a significant other. My last relationship, if you can call it that, essentially led me to break my own heart. Maturity sucks by the way. My family is not something that is really going great right now. The only time they call me is when they want something. I do have one good friend but she has a significant other and children. She gives me all the time she can, but it's not fair to her to give her all my troubles and I will never do that. I go into a store by myself I go eat dinner by myself at grocery shop and cook for one. I want to make friends, but not the kind of friends that really want me. I'm just not really happy. Not with the way I look, the way I feel, or the way my life is going. My job is difficult I work with people that I don't really care for, that do nothing to make the job easier. Despite me doing all I can to make theirs easier. I don't even really have anyone to talk to about this stuff. I can't put it on Facebook, because then extended family that don't have my best interest at heart blab their mouths to my mother or whoever and then I've got problems. I just find people exhausting I find my life exhausting. You don't have to worry I'm not depressed well maybe a little I am. But I'm not going to do anything stupid. I I just don't want to be alone. I want people to look at me and see a treasure, because I am one. But I have to get my head on right. So I guess what I'm just trying to say if you have anybody in your life that's alone whether they're older or younger a single mom a single person. Help them out, give them a call, invite them to dinner, ask them if they need help. Because loneliness is awful

I hope you can find someone to talk with soon. It's no fun feeling all alone, especially when you're surrounded by people.

For sure.... it is odd... one time I realized I didn't say a single word in 4 days... not one word.... terrible

I read a post on here, it was sort of a old one I want to say 2017 was the original. It talked about loneliness and this person said that they never really been lonely and they it was a foreign concept. I'm paraphrasing of course but to me loneliness is real I live in a small little village all by myself. I have lovely Neighbors, but I have never been more lonely in my life. It's more than being alone. Being alone means there's no one around you but truly being lonesome it could be a little soul crushing. It's really hard when no one calls you, you're always doing the one calling. Unless, they want to tell you about problems, or they're frustrations or they're terrible life. I frequently feel like a third wheel. I don't have a significant other. My last relationship, if you can call it that, essentially led me to break my own heart. Maturity sucks by the way. My family is not something that is really going great right now. The only time they call me is when they want something. I do have one good friend but she has a significant other and children. She gives me all the time she can, but it's not fair to her to give her all my troubles and I will never do that. I go into a store by myself I go eat dinner by myself at grocery shop and cook for one. I want to make friends, but not the kind of friends that really want me. I'm just not really happy. Not with the way I look, the way I feel, or the way my life is going. My job is difficult I work with people that I don't really care for, that do nothing to make the job easier. Despite me doing all I can to make theirs easier. I don't even really have anyone to talk to about this stuff. I can't put it on Facebook, because then extended family that don't have my best interest at heart blab their mouths to my mother or whoever and then I've got problems. I just find people exhausting I find my life exhausting. You don't have to worry I'm not depressed well maybe a little I am. But I'm not going to do anything stupid. I I just don't want to be alone. I want people to look at me and see a treasure, because I am one. But I have to get my head on right. So I guess what I'm just trying to say if you have anybody in your life that's alone whether they're older or younger a single mom a single person. Help them out, give them a call, invite them to dinner, ask them if they need help. Because loneliness is awful
Even though I live in a big city, I'm in the same position. However, after dealing with people for over 40+ years, I choose to stay away from people as much as possible.

I have a few friends, but like you stated they are busy with their own life, kids, spouses, family, etc.

I deal with people constantly and cannot believe the stuff that people do or say. And NOT in a good way, either.

So, I don't mind being by myself anymore. In fact, if I have enough food in the house, I'm glad to stay home for several days at a time so that I don't have to deal with people.

I read a post on here, it was sort of an old one I want to say 2017 was the original. It talked about loneliness and this person said that they never really been lonely and they it was a foreign concept. I'm paraphrasing of course but to me loneliness is real I live in a small little village all by myself. I have lovely Neighbors, but I have never been more lonely in my life. It's more than being alone. Being alone means there's no one around you but truly being lonesome it could be a little soul crushing. It's really hard when no one calls you, you're always doing the one calling. Unless, they want to tell you about problems, or they're frustrations or they're terrible life. I frequently feel like a third wheel. I don't have a significant other. My last relationship, if you can call it that, essentially led me to break my own heart. Maturity sucks by the way. My family is not something that is really going great right now. The only time they call me is when they want something. I do have one good friend but she has a significant other and children. She gives me all the time she can, but it's not fair to her to give her all my troubles and I will never do that. I go into a store by myself I go eat dinner by myself at grocery shop and cook for one. I want to make friends, but not the kind of friends that really want me. I'm just not really happy. Not with the way I look, the way I feel, or the way my life is going. My job is difficult I work with people that I don't really care for, that do nothing to make the job easier. Despite me doing all I can to make theirs easier. I don't even really have anyone to talk to about this stuff. I can't put it on Facebook, because then extended family that don't have my best interest at heart blab their mouths to my mother or whoever and then I've got problems. I just find people exhausting I find my life exhausting. You don't have to worry I'm not depressed well maybe a little I am. But I'm not going to do anything stupid. I I just don't want to be alone. I want people to look at me and see a treasure, because I am one. But I have to get my head on right. So I guess what I'm just trying to say if you have anybody in your life that's alone whether they're older or younger a single mom a single person. Help them out, give them a call, invite them to dinner, ask them if they need help. Because loneliness is awful
I’ve definitely felt this way myself in the past …and I’m sure I will again. I live in a small village too, but fortunately in mine, everyone wants a conversation albeit fairly superficial.

I think it’s a very brave thing to right, so I think it’s great that you have.

I am so new here, but a friend put me onto this thread and I do so hear you!!! I wonder if you have any vacation time coming up? Some Sun and Sand may be just the thing!!! I used to travel for work and I can remember being in big cities surrounded by millions of people and being super lonely. Isolated. Felt like I could go outside the building and drop dead of a heart attack and people would be pissed because they had to step over or around my body. I think you are not alone in your lonesomeness. A friend recently helped me understand that I was not unique in a situation I am working with, and that was tremendously helpful. This seems like a really good community of people here... people you can reach out to who will care and be there for you. Glad to assist in that regard. When you are lonely drop me a line and we can chat. I would love to hear all about it.

Maybe it’s time to consider moving to another area that’s more friendly.

Any time you want to reach out and chat, I will chat to you, I will be your friend. No strings at all, I just know what you are talking about. Huge hugs.

To be honest that's the reason I signed up to this Forum because I'm lonely and feel misunderstood by others. I'm a very quiet person and have social anxiety. A lot of my friends are from childhood. I'm making new friends online though and it does help me out. I love being able to talk with people and relating with them. Times seem to be changing sadly and it saddens me.
There is some joy to be found in most things, I hope Lit is one more of those good things for you.

To be honest that's the reason I signed up to this Forum because I'm lonely and feel misunderstood by others. I'm a very quiet person and have social anxiety. A lot of my friends are from childhood. I'm making new friends online though and it does help me out. I love being able to talk with people and relating with them. Times seem to be changing sadly and it saddens me.
One good thing about this place is you can usually find folks around at all kinds of hours.

Can definitely relate to this. For a number of years now I've lived alone. I love to travel and have done so often, but usually by myself. I've done some fun things ... by myself. After awhile even vacation gets boring. Spent a very long Saturday at an airport just last year. Tried to reach out to both family and friends to help pass the time but all were busy.

Covid did a number as well. Ended up moving to a different state during that time and, with a change in work hours, I felt very alone. Moved back "home" (home state) recently and things are a bit better.

Planning an Alaskan Cruise for Sept. 2024 but ... not wanting to again vacation alone. I have time to remedy that situation.

As for reaching out on Lit., I hope you, me and others can find some folk to connect with. To be honest, some of the subjects of conversations on this site are (in my opinion) disturbing but others are a delight. Hope to keep an open line of communication with you and others.

I know it's only Monday but hope your day and week go well for you.

Alan

I'm with you. I'd be happy to chat.

Alan

This makes me profoundly sad knowing you and so many others are so alone. I have some good friends (albeit small in numbers) and my kids to keep loneliness at bay so I feel blessed. I check on two of my neighbors who are older to make sure they are OK and to keep them engaged. I hope that someone can breach the walls of loneliness. I see other people above me that are offering an ear and virtual shoulder. I will bet most are sincere and hope you overcome any trepidations to reach out
I believe that people do care for others...even if they are strangers or a posting in a forum.

I lost my wife, the love of my life, almost two years ago. I have friends that I enjoy spending time with. It has been a difficult transition for me. I spend plenty of time alone and I have come to accept it, for the most part.
No one can replace my wife, so I'm not looking for a relationship. I spend quite a bit of time on Lit and have had some great conversations with other members.
Maybe you can start a conversation with someone on here.

Back