Little Huntress ~Battle of "Right and Wrong"~

Rayna caught up to the creature roaring again.

Release him now...

Her rage... The darkness... Her hatred of the frailty and stubbornness of humans burned deep in her eyes radiating off of her like a thick blanket of the purest lava.

You will die as we cannot die here. This is our realm.

With that she leaped into her attack claws and fangs dancing around the creature as she was what any berserker strived to be in combat. She saw that it kept trying to run from her and her rage but there was no escape as she was intent on its death not realizing that by killing this creature she would in essence be destroying the darkness that consumed her family line.

______

Ember nodded and sent the pack into the shadows to make their way back to the hotel. Ishari was already back. Her strange insanity seemed to allow her sometimes to know where she was needed. Stepping from the darkness Ishari was ready for a fight and she found one. Someone attacking Greg. She seemed to appear behind grinning insanely at the wolf shaking her head no as if encouraging him to release Greg and fight her.

Release the pup no honor in killing a child now it there pup.

Emily continued to do everything she could and the pull of her rage against those attacking her friends and family tasted so good. Emily smiled to Ishari then the one attacking Greg.

Or me... But then again he is some wittle Warin bitch probably can't handle a real fight like us.

With that a wave of the dark energy blasted offnof Emily aimed uncontrollably at the three before her Greg Ishari and the attacker as she roared.

Ishari did her best to firm herself against it and keep Greg stable leaving the blast to hit his attacker but not without a sulfur scented singe of their fur now

Last edited:
IC: Darren Cross

He turned to Ember and the other Ankou, "Rayna is in trouble." He climbed behind the wheel of the mini-van. "Either shift and run ahead like Jalla or get in the damn van."

In Ember nodded gesturing for the rest of the Ankou to fall back and make their own way at their best speed towards the hotel like Jalla was. She then climbed inside with her mate behind her into the minivan. But before he did he bent down smiling to the little boy sitting by his mother on the side of the road. He pulled out a lollipop from his pocket and handed it to the child then climbed into the back.

Darren started not caring for something as arbitrary as a speed limit in this emergency situation.

To Ember he said, "First off we go in and assess the situation. Protect, Rayna, and the other sick vampires, and fall down like the hammer of god on anyone that's invaded our home."

He glanced from the road over to Ember to see if she agreed with this general list of their priorities.

--------------------X

IC: Batai

"The necklace," He replied before the blackwater closed back in on top of him. "Rayna-ack!"

He fell underneath the water drowning in it.

Then Rayna shot over the water catching up to them crying out to the circling creatures in the inky dark water, "Release him now."

There came a voice from the darkness, her voice, though not from her lips. It came twisted and mauled by rage and malice. "You will die as we cannot die here. This is our realm."

"Liar," Batai growled rising up to his feet beside Rayna, "This place we built as a sanctuary for our love....such as you has no home here!"

Rayna then launched herself forward in a berserk rage slashing and ripping at the largest creature before them. Batai joined her fighting at her side like when he was alive and the fought side by side with her as man and wife.

-------------------------X

IC: Gregory Wolf

He fought to wriggle out of it, but he was bigger, stronger, and had all the leverage.

"Deagan showed you how to fight," The other wolf growled, "Too bad he didn't teach you how to win."

Then Ishari came up the hallway growling at the big wolf, "Release the pup. No, honor in killing a child now is there, pup."

From behind them he heard Emily's voice, "Or me... But then again he is some wittle Warin bitch probably can't handle a real fight like us."

The pressure around his neck stilled, "You two fight me?" He snarled, "A little ghost brat and a hybrid monstrosity bitch? Don't make me laugh."

Then there came a concussive blast from her knocking them all onto the floor skidding to the far wall.

He was freed. Greg slowly struggled to her feet.

He heard the bigger wolf growl beside him, "Meddling bitch...I'll kill all of you right after I make you all watch as I rip apart that bitch of a commander."

He rounded on him, "You won't get the chance you stinking piece of shit. I won't let you."

Ishari stood slowly laughing.

Ghost punch tickle. Tend to commander this worm is Mine.

Without thought she grabbed Greg and threw him towards where she knew Rayna was getting him closer. Emily purred almost at how good that felt and began revving up another one till Ishari snarled

Tend to Commander NOW!!!

The energy of her madness pushing Emily back for a moment as she just nodded not sure what she felt any more as she appeared between the door to Rayne and everyone else.

Ember nodded to Darren and smiled at her mates tenderness to the child as they grinned. Ember looked to her mate.

You are the wall to get him to commander I will wind the others in the fighting. Jalla and the brothers will already be there as she will be helping those that need to cross to the death bear for their dishonorable attacks. Then we find Warin and End him for Soren.

Her eyes were glowing a lingering affect of the experiments performed on her long ago by the same one that tries to manipulate Rayna.

Jalla and the others made their way into the hotel through many secret passages. Jalla standing briefly before Rayna's unconscious form as she surprising those in the room with her snarled a warning for the death bear to leave Rayna alone. With that she passed into another corridor emerging in the hall in time to unexpectedly catch a flying Greg.

Let us get you to commander young one. Have you seen m...Deagan?

IC: Gregory Wolf

He heard the bigger wolf growl beside him, "Meddling bitch...I'll kill all of you right after I make you all watch as I rip apart that bitch of a commander."

He rounded on him, "You won't get the chance you stinking piece of shit. I won't let you."

"Ghost punch tickle." Ishari chuckled grabbing Greg and tossing him bodily towards the door telling him, "Tend to commander this worm is Mine."

He was caught in the arms of another werewolf a she-wolf, no more than just another were-wolf, she smelled like Darren and Rayna as well. She was Ankou-half blood of both werewolves and vampires. But where did she come? The door to Rayna's chamber was still locked and barricaded.

"Thanks...but, Rayna..." He asked shifting towards the door.

"Let us get you to commander young one." She replied before looking down at him and asking, "Have you seen m...Deagan?"

"Deagan," He asked before pointing down the hall, "The last I saw he was facing against the other werewolves down the hall there...he's a bit rough, but he's a good man...can you go help him, lady?"

She took him Through a secret door and into Rayna's room. She looked so pale and clammy, and her scent had a metallic tang to it. He bent over her and could barely hear her breathing, but under her closed eyelids he saw her eyes moving. She was dreaming.

"Rayna," He nuzzled his snout against her feverish cheek, ears turned down mournfully. He looked up to see one old ghost and Emily looking on. He implored her desperately, "Em, I need to see her again...I need to tell her...I'm sorry...Can you take me to her...show me the way to where she is?"

---------------------X

IC: Deagan

Deagan liked a good fight, and this was one of the best he's had in his life. The last of the rogue wolves of his own pack collapsed onto the floor and rolled down the stairs lifelessly. Deagan spat out the chunk of the wolf's throat he'd bitten out from his jaws. He stumbled over the statue that wolf had used against him at his feet. He caught himself against the bannister of the stairs.

Pain surged throughout his body from where that last wolf had swung the statue like a club into his side. Probably had broken a rib or two. He coughed up some blood. It maybe even punctured a lung.

That was okay to Deagan. He was sturdy and strong, and he loved a good fight. After a good rest he'd be good as new and ready to raise hell once again.

A new scent caught his attention and he whirled growling low to face the fresh threat, but stopped himself when he'd saw the werewolf/vampire, Ankou, outcast stepping out of a hidden door in the wall.

"Oh it's you," He sneered straightening up, he didn't want her to see him weakened "I got this...no need for your help-"

He clutched his side and bent over coughing more blood between fresh waves of agony. He waved her off when she moved to aid him. "Don't touch me...I have no need of you...have grandfather...not you...you weren't there...you were never there...not for me...stay away...stay-"

It was getting harder to speak. Harder to breathe too. He blacked out for a second and lost his footing collapsing to his knees. He would've fallen face first down the stairs if he hadn't been caught in some very strong arms.

He looked up at her. Why was it getting so hard to look straight. "...I said don't touch me..."

Emily looked to him.

I... I can try. I don't know if it will work or what it will do to you.

She looked to the other ghost

It is her domain with Batai...

She seemed to chew on her lip thinking

Batai how do I bring them to her. How do I help them help her?

She had a flash they were all there... But how. She saw tendrils connecting them all together. Batai Emily Greg Rayna and Darren connected together... But how? Where?

Soren is your great grandfather cub... I am your grandmother. And you and I both have a very strong bond like it or not.

She remembered a time getting to watch over him and play with him as a cub. Soren and Rayna watching over them talking.

You are your father's son my precious boy. Just as I saved him to endure your birth. I will now save you to follow our path. You are life the physical worlds tie to the sacred bear just as I am the living bond to the dead bear. If our spirit bonds require it. I give my life for your life as I gave my mortality for your father's life

Jalla kissed his brow as both Bears seem to transport them to the golden and ice-covered peaks of the ancient lands between worlds before placing them in the safety of the chamber with Rayna and the others.

Let him rest here and find the young vampire bound to her.

Jalla nodded and took off to find Darren.

Rayna felt warmth... They were close... Batai... Greg... Darren but he was still shadowy or further away. She fought the creature now with more strength and stubborn will

IC: Batai and Gregory Wolf and the Wolf

All was black. Darkness reigned. The inky black water had consumed them. It had overwhelmed everything. The island was gone underneath the dark waves. The night sky was starless and covered in a sheet of black clouds. Batai had lost Rayna. He had no idea where she had been taken. All was quiet-like death itself.

"Rayna," He called out thrashing in the black water, "Where are you?"

Was this how it would end? Was this the fate for them?

Then suddenly he heard Emily's voice soft and distant over the still air, "Batai how do I bring them to her. How do I help them help her?"

"Miresroyo?" He turned uncertain from what direction the voice had come from. He stilled after a moment of thrashing about in the water. He closed his eyes trying to reach out his mind to hers. "I am here, Miresroyo. You are a dreamwalker. Reach out to me. Forge the way."

One heartbeat passed. Another and another. And then she was there before him.

"Miresroyo, Emily?" He paused watching her. She looked like she was concentrating very hard.

The still water began to rock and sway. The clouds parted and a full moon shone through. In the distance were cliffs topped with what looked like a pine forest cloaked in snow. From the cliffs was a finger of land stretching down into the rippling roiling black water. He saw a figure running from the cliffs a man and wolf in one being.

"Rayna!" It called out as it dashed down the rocky path, and as he came to the water moonlight shined out from him causing the waves to roil back and part for him revealing the cliffside edge of their island sanctuary and the prone unmoving body of his wife.

Batai swam up to Emily. "You're doing this...somehow you're tying two separate shifter's dream sanctuaries together...at their very bedrock... He watched as she continued in concentration "What...how...this should be impossible...Miresroyo...are you really doing this?"

Greg raced down the finger of rock the thick black water recoiling from the light following him like Moses did at the red sea. He eventually reached her and scooped her up in his furry arms. Lowering to his haunches his snout nuzzled the unmoving body.

Was he too late?

"Rayna," He whimpered softly, "I've come so far to run back to you...please...hear me...please...I'm sorry...you were hurting...and I turned my back on you...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...please be okay...I love you...from the moment we met...please be okay..."

--------------------------------X

The minivan came to a screeching halt in front of the hotel. The driver seat door flew open and Darren steaked out for the front door.

"Ember," He called out after him, "Don't wait for me. Go, full speed now!"

Ember blew past him as he began to race up the steps following the scents of intruders in the hotel building. At the top of the steps he saw Jalla holding a black werewolf in her arms. It looked wounded.

"Jalla," Deagan asked, "What's the situation? Is Rayna safe?"

Emily looked to Batai shaking.

How do I bring Darren here too? She needs all of us...

Rayna may have been laying near death in the living world but in this dream world she still held a piece of the creature she had been fighting in her hands. Herself looking more evil and monstrous than normal as she stood there. Her eyes took in the presence of Greg as she motioned him to join Emily and Batai behind her. This was Rsyna vs the darkness and madness of the cursed blood of her sire fighting her new found balance and rightful place within the family... With her family. The creature hissed as another piece of her soul was no longer fractured to it's power. Her eyes fell to the wolf for a moment with a nod as she saw the tendrils of balance and connection whisping between him and Greg making them one. That connection fed her strength as she roared and let at the creature again.

In the waking world Rayna lay there in Greg's arms weak but alive still in the coma throes of the poison. The white wolf moved to him.

Hold her still this will be painful.

With that he made a small cut on her side and placing some herbs in oil in the wound a sizzling sound could be heardarching her unconscious body in pain.

Ember and the other took off her mate however had orders to get Darren to Rayna. Jalla looked to them a pain only a parent grandparent could know marred her face even in woven form. She hecther her grandson to Darren.

You carry him we will get you to Rayna.

Jalla looked to Embers Mate

Lead the way death and the spirit walk with us.

A grin curled his lips bowing to both Jalla and her grandson as he moved to rip through anything in their path.

IC: Batai

Batai swam up to Emily. "You're doing this...somehow you're tying two separate shifter's dream sanctuaries together...at their very bedrock..." He watched as she continued in concentration "What...how...this should be impossible...Miresroyo...are you really doing this?"

She turned to him, "How do I bring Darren here too? She needs all of us..."

"The Vampire?" He paused thinking before looking back to her, "You arer a dreamwalker, but more than that you've always been the thread tying all of us together...our beating heart. Call out to him with all your heart...I think maybe he will hear you."

He took her hand and faced the star lit sky and the full moon shinning above the pine tree forest of Gregory's sanctuary. "Perhaps it will help if we do so together."

------------------------X

IC: Gregory Wolf and the Wolf

Greg raced down the finger of rock the thick black water recoiling from the light following him like Moses did at the red sea. He eventually reached her and scooped her up in his furry arms. Lowering to his haunches his snout nuzzled the unmoving body.

Was he too late?

"Rayna," He whimpered softly, "I've come so far to run back to you...please...hear me...please...I'm sorry...you were hurting...and I turned my back on you...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...please be okay...I love you...from the moment we met...please be okay..."

In the dream Rayna wrestled witth her own darkness bolstered by the sudden forces of balance Greg and Emily had provided. It was strange, even inside the conjoined dream sanctuaries he was aware of what was going on around him in the waking world. There in Rayna's bedroom the old spirit of the white wolf came over saying, "Hold her still this will be painful."

With that he made a small cut on her side and placing some herbs in oil in the wound a sizzling sound could be heard arching her unconscious body in pain.

Greg's paws reached out curling her wracking body in the stabilizing embrace of his arms holding her down.

In the dreamsanctuary Greg reached her howling at the moon a cry to battle and taking her hand in his to face her demons together.

To her he said, "I am with you now and every step forward you take."

-------------------X

"Jalla," Darren asked, "What's the situation? Is Rayna safe?"

She handed her wounded grandson into his arms. "You carry him we will get you to Rayna."

They headed down the winding halls of the old hotel that served as the Vampires of the city's headquarters. It was taking too long. Darren despaired they would ever reach Rayna at this point. But then distantly he heard Emily's and Batai's voice calling out his name. He turned toward them unsure what it was they were saying.

But he really didn't need to did he? There was only one reason they'd be calling out for him.

With Deagan in his arms he recklessly bounded down a hallway and shot past Ishari beating the stuffing out of downed hulk of a werewolf and into the room beyond. there he saw Rayna, her body bowed out like she was still frame picture of a woman in sheer agony, being held by another werewolf.

"Get off her," He growled.

The wolf raised his head at that, "Darren?"

"Greg," He asked setting the wounded Deagan on a chair to one side, "How are you here? Never mind that, how is Rayna?"

"She needs us," Now that Darren was paying attention he noted that Greg's voice was distant like Emily's and Batai's was. He reached out grabbing his hand "All of us. To give her the strength she needs."

Darren's body fell forward as he found himself plunging into inky black water between Emily and Batai. He surge to the top of the water turning to Emily. "I heard you, Em...where is she?"

Emily pointed to the raging crazed Ratna tearing into the creature.

Meet the madness and darkness everyone was terrified of her becoming and watch her fight it.

She looked to Batai and then past them all.

You... both of you... you two are here too because of her... but how...

She pointed to the founder of the hotel and the vampire family line leading to Rayna and Darren. The old Blues man was there beside him. They just nodded and pointed to Rayna. The ancestor looked to Darren unable really to speak here focusing on one word "battery" they were only there to offer the last of their energy to help them save her.

Emily shook her head.

We need to focus on Rayna.

She turns and holding a hand towards Rayna and suddenly she is behind Rayna and Greg.

Get over here you two... NOW

She calls to Batai and Darren.

Rayna continues to struggle scream and fight with the creature pulling away from Greg putting herself between the creature and the others

THIS ENDS NOW!!

IC: Darren Cross and Batai and Gregory Wolf

Darren's body fell forward as he found himself plunging into inky black water between Emily and Batai. He surge to the top of the water turning to Emily. "I heard you, Em...where is she?"

He climbed up onto the beach of some sort of tropical island, but he could see behind it a seaside cliff face with what looked like a snow covered pine forest atop it. Above that peeking through the thick cloudy sky was a silvery full moon casting light down upon the otherwise lightless pitch black ocean water and lush forest island within its moonbeam.

She raised her arm and pointed behind him. He turned to see the black inky water being held back as if being pushed back by some sort of force field. He saw black inky slime covered tentacles beating at this dome of force around Rayna. Standing in the center was Rayna roaring out her rage at the creature in the water.

"Meet the madness and darkness everyone was terrified of her becoming and watch her fight it." Emily declared and turned to look at Batai, "You... both of you... you two are here too because of her... but how..."

Batai replied, "This is my home. She is my home. Always has been. Always will be."

She pointed to the founder of the hotel and the vampire family line leading to Rayna and Darren. The old Blues man was there beside him. They just nodded and pointed to Rayna. The ancestor looked to Darren unable really to speak here focusing on one word "battery" they were only there to offer the last of their energy to help them save her.

"I'm out of my depth here," Darren told them looking between them, "Emily what should we do?"

She shook her head at this, "We need to focus on Rayna." Then she vanished.

"Where..." Darren said looking at the spot she was standing in.

Batai pointed behind him back towards where Rayna and Greg were. Darren spun around to see her there standing behind them and looking back at the two of them. "Get over here you two... NOW!"

Darren jolted at that, "Right."

He raced down the beach towards Rayna and Greg and Emily. Batai had just blinked over to them. The werewolf head of Gregory turned to him with a sniff of his scent. "Good of you to show up. Ready for a fight."

Rayna charged forward into the held back wave and straight for the black tarred tentacled beast, "This ends now!!"

Both Darren charge in to the fray in her wake to support her. The inky black water swirling around them, ducking, and dodging the flailing tentacles. Then they were upon it a gigantic tar-smeared bulbous octopus. It's with more of the tarred shark fins circling around them. Rayna charged in at it enraged and taking her example they charged in right behind her.

Emily

She realized what they were trying to tell Darren and Greg.

Battery... fine you two grab onto Darren and Greg. Vampire to vampire blues man to werewolf. You two Darren Greg hand on Rayna... Batai...you too...

With that she stood in the center of all of them and began to ramp up her connections to all of them.

We've got you Rayna you can do this.

Rayna

With each connection she felt more of the madness slipping from her mind. More stability and grounding as she fought. Her attacks becoming more and more exact and primal.

You... are from him not me... not only do I destroy you within me but I free our bloodline from you. My brother... my ancestors. You finally die ass well as Maxwell and the rest of the darkness... father. Your evil and madness are dead now.

In the waking world and the spirit world she roared out and slashed her clawed hands in an X trying to rip this being before them into pieces.

Jalla

Jalla looked to the white wolf who had given her the herbs to help her grandson as she tended to him. Once she tended to him she looked to the massive death bear as it appears before them.

No... you don't get anyone in this room. I will fight you myself for their lives. Do not cross this line with me.

----

A clouded bear appears to Deagan within his mind.

Heal spirit cub... you know your path... you fight... just as all young fight... you and the wolf of my twin the death bear... you are the balance. Blood shared of family.

She smiled you hate her sacrifice but without it you would never have been born... speak to the blood tooth who walks with were creatures spirits and fangs alike. She knows the true story you must know.

The bear nudged him

Sleep... heal... and open your soul my warrior cub.

IC: Darren Cross and Gregory Wolf and Batai

Rayna charged forward into the held back wave and straight for the black tarred tentacled beast, "This ends now!!"

Both Darren charge in to the fray in her wake to support her. The inky black water swirling around them, ducking, and dodging the flailing tentacles. Then they were upon it a gigantic tar-smeared bulbous octopus. It's with more of the tarred shark fins circling around them. Rayna charged in at it enraged and taking her example they charged in right behind her.

"Battery... fine you two grab onto Darren and Greg. Vampire to vampire blues man to werewolf." Emily told them glancing back towards him and Batai nodded in reassurance of her taking up a leadership role in this moment, " You two Darren Greg hand on Rayna... Batai...you too..."

They weren't getting anywhere. Rayna was too wild, savage, unpredictable, and the dark watery tentacles enveloped and wove through their battle that their efforts of supporting her was failing slowly but surely. Hearing Emily's words Darren glanced over to Greg and shrugged. Then the elder vampire's spirit came up placing his hands on his back while the blues player whose death had grieved Rayna so deeply did the same to Greg's. They reached out and placed hands on Rayna's shoulders not to hold her back but to push her forward. Batai stepped forward placing a hand on the center of her back.

"We've got you, Rayna." They heardEmily announce and they gasped as a palpable force rushed through them all from her and them and into Rayna. The force, the energy, the connection between them all made light shine out from her like the sun peaking out from the horizon at dawn at the start of a new day. The light pushed back the creaturue of darkness and it reacted as if it's very existence burned it.

"You can do this."

They all said as one.

And Rayna rocketed forward. "You... are from him not me... not only do I destroy you within me but I free our bloodline from you. My brother... my ancestors. You finally die as well as Maxwell and the rest of the darkness... father. Your evil and madness are dead now."

Darren and Greg and the others gasped aloud the beast of darkness fell to pieces slashed apart by Rayna's bare hands. The darkness receded sinking beneath the surface of the waves and the sun finally rose over the conjoined sanctuaries of Batai's tropical island and Greg's snowy pine forest.

"Rayna," Darren said, "Did it work...is it gone now?"

Greg panted reverting back to his human form seamlessly the wolf side of him moving off to lay on the beach for a nap. He fell to his knees before her tears threatening to fall from his eyes asking her, "I'm sorry I turned away from you when you needed me the most...I'm sorry, Rayna."

------------------------------X

Deagan was good here. It was dark here. It was quiet here. No one would bother him here. He could just lay back and relax and forget all the worries of that other place here. He could sleep and dream forever here. Yeah, it was nice here.

There was a disturbance in the quiet black. Words. Voices. People. There were pulling away from the nice, quiet, dark place. They were pulling him up to that other loud, annoying, painful other place.

No, he didn't want to wake up, but he was not given a choice. Inevitably his eyes were coaxed open to the blinding light of the world again.

Rayna stared as the last pieces of the darkness vanished. The briefest puff of her sires face then she felt the sun and the warmth as she looked at them.

Darren... Greg... Emily... elder... old friend.

The two ghosts offered her and the others hugs and handshakes.

We have to go now and you need to wake up. The old blues man smiled. The club got all my recordings and shows so I am just a video or cd click away my.south seas moon angel.

He then look to the others.

Take good care of her for me boys.

IC: Darren Cross and Gregory Wolf and Batai

"Rayna," Darren said, "Did it work...is it gone now?"

Greg panted reverting back to his human form seamlessly the wolf side of him moving off to lay on the beach for a nap. He fell to his knees before her tears threatening to fall from his eyes asking her, "I'm sorry I turned away from you when you needed me the most...I'm sorry, Rayna."

Rayna stood on the edge of the beach as the receding ocean pulled away. Above them the inky black clouds parted to reveal crystalline twinkling stars and a full ivory moon shining down over them. Behind them the jungle of Batai's island sanctuary returned flourishing the sounds of creatures in the night were normal from there. Before her the last of the inky black creature receded underneath the surface of the waves and into the very depths where it belonged repelled by the light of their union.

"Darren... Greg... Emily..." She said looking back at them all, "Elder... old friend."

They came to her wrapping her in their arms. Darren on her left side asking, "I was so worried about you. Are you okay now?"

Greg hugged her on the right side burying his head into the crook of her neck and bathing in the scent of her again. He had missed this so much. "Please, forgive me. I didn't mean to walk away from you like I did. I'm sorry Rayna."

Batai joined making it very much a group hug scenario for Emily and the others. "It is not gone. It won't ever be gone from you, my love. It is part of you. Your inheritance, your dark legacy. You can only ever hold it under the surface with the light of your soul, your friends and loved ones."

"We have to go now and you need to wake up."
The old blues man smiled, "The club got all my recordings and shows so I am just a video or a click away my south seas moon angel." Then to all those involved in hugging Rayna right now, "Take good care of her for me boys."

Darren, Greg, and Batai were not alone when they said something to the effect of, "We will."

After a long moment the hug was released and they stood there on the beach under a perfect moonlit knight with calm, tranquil seas around them. Greg shrugged asking the obvious, "Should we go back now?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------x

When he came to he was stuck somewhere between the living and the dead. Before him stood towering a creature of his tribe's myths. A creature to be revered as well as feared. The death bear loomed over him and behind him was his grandmother.

"Why are you here," He scowled at her, "You wanted nothing to do with me, so, I want nothing to do with you."

Everything I did was for you. For your very existence.

It was as if she and the bear were one. It's mouth moved with her words. She was in control. Protecting all in the room from the death bears natural hunger. She moved placing herself between Deagan and the bear her back to the besr as she smiled to him.

It has always been for you my sacred little cub.

_____

Rayna just stood there with the and nodded.

Let's go.

Back