Letter of enquiry

CaribooBob

Virgin
Can someone please explain to me what's happening with submissions i.e. stories submitted (apparently) but no acknowledgement of same even hours/days later. I'm left with no idea of whether they've in fact been received or . . . .? (I presently have two sitting in limbo, somewhere and a couple more ready but no sense submitting if nothing comes of them). Two things: I submitted this same query to "Help" 3 days ago but have gotten nada for a response and; I'm a new contributor and have had a couple of submissions published so find this all rather confusing.
Also, I'd like some clarification on this "age" thing (and yes I know the over 18 stipulation). I've had a story rejected, supposedly because of an age issue and yet nowhere in it is there a "problem" apparent to me. One of the 2 stories in limbo (as above) is a revised/edited version of that particular item in which I did make two (to me unnecessary) changes. One of those was an obscure and only passing reference to "my BFF since childhood" (that's a rough quote) and the 2nd was a, well, maybe, but still ify line about (again, rough quote) "in our preteens and teens were were typical girls fantasising about boys and doing "it."
I sincerely question both of these, if they were in fact the reason for rejection because: Just before before before receiving the rejection notice I had read a brother/sister story in which the sister is said to be telling her brother that she lost her virginity "at 13" If that blatant age reference is acceptable, and it must be since the story was published, I simply can't understand how "childhood" and "preteens and teens" in the contexts used can be found objectionable.
Help me out here please. If there's a reasonable rationale . . . .
Thank you!

Any mention of "pre-teens doing it" is enough to be a total no-no, and you said yourself the sentence was "iffy" - you should have trusted your self-check.

New writers typically wait 5 - 8 days to get content cleared, and all you will get is "Pending". Also, the site is struggling right now with several major technical issues, so you might need to wait longer.

Finally, you can't judge what will be allowed age wise by already published content. The site is progressively tightening up on the age rule. You can avoid the issue completely by writing about adults, not teenagers.

Thanks for that info and I'll keep it in mind for future stories. And please don't misunderstand me: I don't object to having to wait (I've had lots of years of practice) but not getting some indication/acknowledgement that a submissions been received is bothersome. Since I have not gotten anything in any of My Activity folders, there's of course not going to be anything showing as "pending" (The last notification I got was a "The moderator has rejected . . . ." and that was on the 3rd.
I guess I'll just have to give it a few more days.

It's either going to be Published, Pending, Drafts or Sent Back. There are no other options that I know of.

I had read a brother/sister story in which the sister is said to be telling her brother that she lost her virginity "at 13" If that blatant age reference is acceptable, and it must be since the story was published, I simply can't understand how "childhood" and "preteens and teens" in the contexts used can be found objectionable.
Thank you!

It is acceptable to state how her virginity was lost at 13, if it is needed to explain how the story unfolds, but, there cannot be any description of how that happened.

It is best to leave any reference to pre teens out completely as that could be thought to be bordering on paedophilia, and to bear in mind you will get a rejection if any under 18 is within sight or sound of sex happening, even if it is accidental, such as passing an open window and hearing someone getting a good seeing to,

Back