need help understanding the 'drafts' category

posingstrap1

Virgin
I've created a series for a new story with six parts and did the steps for creating a series and submitted it (complete with title and description, etc.) for approval. I then clicked 'new story' and submitted parts one and two for this series. It has resulted in the three actions being designated as 'drafts'. Does this indicate that they are awaiting approval and eventual publishing? Or is the 'drafts' category something else, like a kind of limbo until I take some sort of further step towards getting a) approval for a new series; b) submitting parts one & two differently than the way I have?
Thank you in advance for illuminating the meaning of 'drafts'

"Drafts", as you suggested, a limbo. You still have to submit it for publication, which you do from the Preview page. Once you've done that, your story will move to 'Pending".

After 1-7 days (usually) the grey "pending" lable will become an orange "new", with a date, usually the following day. Your story will be published at 6am GMT on that day (although the site takes another half hour or so to update the category page where the stories are listed).

Good luck!

THANK YOU for helping me. I'm new. Please....I just don't see something called 'Previews'. thanks again.

Also, for future reference, this kind of question would probably get you a faster answer in the Authors' Hangout. Officially it would be Site Tech, but the people in AH are very active and deal with the technical side of publishing stories all the time.

Back