Let's talk about guns, shootings, solutions and idiotic suggestions

Because 400 law enforcement officers do not have the job to protect you, they never did, thousands of court cases, and over 50 SCOTUS decisions have all affirmative identified the police have no duty to protect anyone. The PR Gimmick "to protect and serve", is just a Madison Ave advertising job, and a very effective one, the LAPD got its money's worth out of it.

Armed teachers or more appropriately armed staff, would rarely ever encounter a mass shooting; mass shootings were very rare, and in schools even less so until Gun Free Zones. There used to be about 1-2 school mass shootings per 10 year period [only exception was Kent State and Jackson State government agents shooting students protesting the Vietnam War]. After the Gun Free Zones became national they skyrocketed up to 20+/ year.

Armed staff is a deterant, these mass shooter's only target gun free zones, with lots of potential innocent victims and nearly no likelihood of encountering armed resistance. And in the unlikely event that a teacher was confronted by an armed intruder, they have a much better chance of stopping the attack, and saving lives. In all mass shooter events when confronted by armed resistance [armed citizens], the attack ends in less than 3 minutes they either retreat, commit suicide are shot and killed or apprehended. When waiting for police to do this job, it's nearly always 90+minutes to resolve Even if the police respond faster than their typical 15-20 minute 9-1-1 call response times

Credit the Associated Press for making an effort to discontinue the use of inaccurate terminology. Maybe other media organizations will follow their lead.

It would appear that the pushing back about prorper terminology and usage by knowledgeable people affected some good change at the AP stylebook!

Now they may be slow, but they finally figured out their usage of pejorative propaganda wasn't working anymore.

With the updated Stylebook's weapons entry offers guidance on terms including semi-automatic rifle, assault rifle, assault weapon, military-style rifle and modern sporting rifle.

While its all well and good that they are getting finally getting their terms correct..... alas

They never do anything without purpose. I'm speculating that their goal has shifted to "highly politicize" the term "semi-automatic rifle." Given the hoplophobic DNC/Biden Admin's public scare-mongering into banning all semi-automatics recently, this AP Styleguide "fix", is dovetailing nicely into the new propaganda push. It's going to be right up there with the pejorative "assault" word. Don’t trust that this isn't too push their next big goal is not to ban assault rifles, but to ban all semi-automatic guns, period.

Given historical the track record of the AP, I'd say this is more of a move to demonize the more broad category and get people activated to view all semi-auto weapons as they do assault weapons.

It's funny that morons like you think that smart people give a fuck about irrelevant terminology.
Ah so your a "living constitution", that words are only important if they push your political ideologies, and that the terminology/definition/usage should change only in ways that support your belief. Not what the words actually mean.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

Attachments

• C8E_svTWsAAEwTb.jpg
    C8E_svTWsAAEwTb.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1
Ah so your a "living constitution", that words are only important if they push your political ideologies, and that the terminology/definition/usage should change only in ways that support your belief. Not what the words actually mean.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”
And then there's the whole gender identity/preferred pronoun thing where all the "smart people" prefer that "irrelevant terminology."

Maybe that means luk isn't as smart as he likes to pretend he is?

Last edited:
Indiana went to permitless concealed carry after NYSRPA v. Bruen. Guess what happened next.

https://fox59.com/news/good-samarit...-shooting-went-against-malls-code-of-conduct/

This totally destroys the Lefty narrative, especially after the Uvalde report was released about how 400 "police officers with guns" couldn't stop the killer. Meanwhile, a good guy with a gun on the scene stopped another mass killing in its tracks.

And of course the mall management/ownership is still all about "no weapons allowed" even after this happened.

Indiana went to permitless concealed carry after NYSRPA v. Bruen. Guess what happened next.

https://fox59.com/news/good-samarit...-shooting-went-against-malls-code-of-conduct/

This totally destroys the Lefty narrative, especially after the Uvalde report was released about how 400 "police officers with guns" couldn't stop the killer. Meanwhile, a good guy with a gun on the scene stopped another mass killing in its tracks.

And of course the mall management/ownership is still all about "no weapons allowed" even after this happened.
Not even close to a factual statement, RAPEY. Why do you lie so much?

They had two mass shootings. One in a mall and another in a park.

Ban guns and these will stop.

Saw this little LukGem:

“It's funny that morons like you think that smart people give a fuck about irrelevant terminology.”

They don’t call it dope for nuthin’.

^^^^ We get it. You really like following it around like an adoring puppy.

Remember when Obama never threatened to take their penis substitutes?

Remember when 45 literally said he'd take them without due process?

Hint: both statements are true.

They had two mass shootings. One in a mall and another in a park.

Ban guns and these will stop.

This doesn’t include our ordinary array of daily shootings.

it was still a mass shooting/killing.

Simon Malls have released statements thanking the man who shot the gunman. They happen to own most of the malls in Indianapolis and surrounding cities. Some malls are already plagued with violence. It’s hard enough for law enforcement and security to do their jobs without having to decide which person is a good guy with a gun and which is a bad guy with a gun. This gentleman was fortunate he was not mistaken for the latter. It has happened on occasion.

We are constantly told if we don’t like something/somewhere we can leave or not shop there. Same should go for malls and businesses who choose not to allow weapons on the premises.

To all of those who think solving anything is as simple as "making a law", please, remember, just as an example, that in Mexico guns are illegal, while in Switzerland, they are legal (not every gun, but models who can easily kill a person are available at simple request)

Asking politicians to solve problems is always a mistake, but somehow we got used to it. I don't have guns myself, I never had, and you could count me against arms. But I am aware, owning a gun doesn't hurt anybody, and I understand the claims of those who feel attacked in their rights if they make them illegal.

Just please remember: the bad guys will always have the guns. Make it illegal, and those who don't care will keep them, while those who are respectful citizens will comply and give up with them.

Politicians can't help us with this, and with anything. They will use it for the benefit of the State, like they always do, and slowly, slowly (lastly accelerated) we become their servants. Federal expenses are like 45% of the nation's GDP and increasing (other countries are way over 50%) That means the State (our governments, whatever the color) have property of 45% of everything produced in the country. Do you remember USSR? There the State had the property of everything. There were even no taxes, because what you received was just what they wanted to give you. So then, the USA are now 45% USSR and growing.

So yes, please, let's help avoiding people killing each other. Do that with those around you! Ask them to do the same. But don't expect from politicians to do anything, because to become a successful politician first you must know how to lie, second you have to be able to bend whatever principles you may have, second all your actions have one and only one goal: get votes... Third, fourth... Endless count, you get what I mean.

Back